PDA

View Full Version : Problem..Again..

Military Ten
03-01-04, 02:09
ok i start up neocron, log in, everything is fine. i walk for about 10 - 20 steps on my PE, Shasta. then my screen freezes, doesn't shade black tho. it takes me back to the login screen...wtf is going on?

shodanjr_gr
03-01-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Military Ten
ok i start up neocron, log in, everything is fine. i walk for about 10 - 20 steps on my PE, Shasta. then my screen freezes, doesn't shade black tho. it takes me back to the login screen...wtf is going on?

Any message when ur thrown back to the login screen?

Nightbrother
03-01-04, 02:13
You using TS or any other speak-thing along with an ATI gfx card? If so, rearrange your keys, and dont use the arrowkeys. Don't know if that might be your problem, though. Hope you figure it out.

shodanjr_gr
03-01-04, 02:15
Originally posted by Nightbrother
You using TS or any other speak-thing along with an ATI gfx card? If so, rearrange your keys, and dont use the arrowkeys. Don't know if that might be your problem, though. Hope you figure it out.

WTF u got the arrow key problem as well???

Im using an ATI gfx card (but no voice-com software) and whenever i press any of the arrow keys in game it exits back to the desktop just if i had pressed alt+f4

Military Ten
03-01-04, 02:15
i get no message and i use the Counter-Strike basic keys for movement so..W forward, S backawrd, D strafe right, A strafe left...ask He Man or Agent PE on Uranus. i was on the phone with him at the time

Psyco Groupie
03-01-04, 02:17
the problem is you know thiwwy, cut all links with him and your problems will be solved

Military Ten
03-01-04, 02:18
lol i cant his bro and him always talk to me on Neocron :P they always need me to carry something or help them get somewhere on my tank Tescom

Scikar
03-01-04, 07:47
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
WTF u got the arrow key problem as well???

Im using an ATI gfx card (but no voice-com software) and whenever i press any of the arrow keys in game it exits back to the desktop just if i had pressed alt+f4

Turn off Num Lock.

Spoon
03-01-04, 08:24
Is this the problem with the corrupt Terrain.pak ?

It sounds familier......

Does it only happen in certain zones or all the time?

Military Ten
03-01-04, 11:19
whenever i log on i cant even get out of one fricking zone, so i dont know. im currently in Industrial A - Sector 2

Spoon
03-01-04, 16:22
Do a file check from the launcher....

And run Scandisc, while your at it.....

It sounds like a corrupt file, I think it's one of those .pak files, I'm thinking it's the terrian.pak, but I'm not positive...

If the file check says you have a corrupt file, and it's a big one(like the Terrain.pak) you can run the installer to repair some files, if not, reinstall Neocron.....

Eledhbrant
03-01-04, 17:28
I have an ATI card and use Teamspeak, once or twice i had the arrow keys makes crash thing, so i turned off numlock, then later in the day turned it on and it was fine, (and i use arrows to move)

and1guy
03-01-04, 17:34
if you use ventrilo or teamspeak there is an option called "enable/disable direct input to detect hotkey" or some shite like that.. disable that and you wont crash when u push arrow keys

Military Ten
04-01-04, 06:15
bah doesnt matter now :P i unistalled NC and im getting a new Gateway compy next week! ;-; Wish me luck, I have to live without the skizza for 1 whole week.