PDA

View Full Version : small but important things that need to be changed with NC:BDoY (please read devs =/)

Spectra260
02-01-04, 11:10
there are many little things that need to be changed and reworked with the release of DoY... im sure alot of things have already been done and all...but theres still some that need mentioning...

i think that they need to re-work the whole character creation thing....

has anyone made a character lately? those default point things start you off GIMPED!

how about, make the setups more realistic, like for example...

the newbie wants to make a PSI monk, and he wants to do some serious damage...make the points a REAL setup instead of making it look like they were randomly placed...

make it so he starts off with 0 PPU obviously, a good ammount of APU, a decent ammount of PPW, basically all of the points into INT into PSU, and a decent off the rack con setup...

same goes for all the classes...

doesnt some of the things when u make a char add to 'resist' psi? that skill is totally useless and only newbie's use it ebcause they know no better, and it started them out with some...

do you really think a newbie is really going to know what half the things do, even if there self explanitory?

like they make a tank because they wanna be a "soilder" but it starts them off with like 20 HC 12 melee and 15 resist force...or some bullshit...no tanks use resists force except maybe there last 3 points when they cap out...cmon now!!

theres also alot of other little things that should be changed around a little...most of them have already been posted on the forums, and im sure MJS and devs have already seen most of them...

like that thing to be able to enter neofrag from your APT, plus add several different types of neofrag games, like FFA, dueling, team match...etc...

speaking of neofrag, another thing that needs to be delt with is when you die in neofrag and start back with only half your health...its REALLY annoying... so is when you die and a APU monk targets your body and you go to your spawn point and you get hit with a poisin beam while your already half way dead...

so things like this need to be changed...and im bored right now and just wanted to get this outta my head:p

and im sure this will sink to page 5 of the forums in 1 day...oh well atleast i tryed:angel:

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 11:23
KK needs to make apu spells require LOS.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 11:58
kk needs to nerf people who cry all the time...

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 11:59
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
kk needs to nerf people who cry all the time...

Yes you should be nerfed.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:05
hey mr i cry all the time

CRY

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:07
Trolls usually see well thought-out arguements as crying.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:07
LETS ALL HAVE A WARM CUP OF

CRY

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:09
*uses fire-based weapons against Ferabukoo*

:rolleyes:

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:11
why..

all your tears just put the flames out
:lol:

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:12
What did you say Polarity? Oh wait, you're not Pol. Just one of the left over skill-less clones.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I cry alot

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:15
Who's the one that runs away?

Sorin
02-01-04, 12:17
*re-hijacks thread*

Yes, those start up point distributions are gimp central. And the names of the "jobs" or whatever, give no real clue to anything. Like they need to make more sense. If you make a PE or a Spy, if they want to keep RP job names, they need to be something that clearly indicates whether or not that character will start out as a pistoler or rifler.

And yes, resist psi? They're kidding right? Did they click some button to randomly assign points to psi on non-monk characters, and it ended up in resist psi? That skill is 100% useless. Would be nice if it was functional, if for nothing else but to throw a wrench in "perphect OM6 1337 teh pwn s3tup!!112q". But it's not. So I think those two points should go into PPW by default during creation. PPW is universally important so those 2 points would be perfect there.

And there needs to be a clear warning during creation of monks about how PPU and APU negatively influence each other, in case someone wants to make a hybrid.

I'd say a lot more, but I'm too damn lazy and tired right now. But yes, in general, the default point distributions and job names need to make more sense. Actually, they need to make sense, period.

And FFS, please list the items the character will be given when they are made.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:17
The "cryer" crying about ppu's

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:20
*ignores the ppu*

Originally posted by Sorin

And yes, resist psi? They're kidding right? Did they click some button to randomly assign points to psi on non-monk characters, and it ended up in resist psi? That skill is 100% useless. Would be nice if it was functional, if for nothing else but to throw a wrench in "perphect OM6 1337 teh pwn s3tup!!112q". But it's not. So I think those two points should go into PPW by default during creation. PPW is universally important so those 2 points would be perfect there.

You're absolutely right. I thinkt's a great idea btw, to let newb characters know about the hybrid penalty. I know alot of noob monks think hybrid is the way to go naturally.

Tupac
02-01-04, 12:21
sex at cleo

Mumblyfish
02-01-04, 12:21
Wow! Arc's and Fera's cocks are MASSIVE!

I mean... seriously! Look at the manliness! Phwoar!

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:23
Thanks Mumbly, glad you like it.

Anyways, seriously now, let's try to get the thread back on topic. I can't believe I even went that far. :rolleyes:

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:23
i r want tupac in meh bed

and i have a vagina..

oh and they should give the user info on what his character is getting and what he can use

Mumblyfish
02-01-04, 12:24
Anyways, seriously now, let's try to get the thread back on topic. I can't believe I even went that far. :rolleyes:

We could keep talking about your steel-like man-cane. If you want...

and i have a vagina..

Don't we all?

Tupac
02-01-04, 12:25
dont tell shad he will try and cyber u now :D j/k before i get flamed like hell from him!

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:26
Originally posted by Tupac
dont tell shad he will try and cyber u now :D j/k before i get flamed like hell from him!

Why would I flame you for that? I don't cyber. :confused:

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:27
dont worry about the flames..

his tears put them out right away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i love messin wif meh shadow dancer

he so secksi when he gets angry

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:28
I'm not mad, i'm too sleepy for that.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:29
:D

<3

anywho it is kind of late

they should do something different than noob mc5.

i dont understand why dont they ask some of the comunity..

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:31
<3

They should have noob helpers. Maybe like a volunteer system like UO had. No special powers, except maybe teleporting into noob mc5 and not being able to draw weapons. To meet and greet the noobs.

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:33
ive actualy had friend who join the game

and get so frustraited with the character first activities that they have to have me come over to their house to help them

and from what ive seen on other threads.. most of the people in this game are from other friends.. not that leet advertising

so without this help, people are leaving after char creation

Sorin
02-01-04, 12:35

You're absolutely right. I thinkt's a great idea btw, to let newb characters know about the hybrid penalty. I know alot of noob monks think hybrid is the way to go naturally.

Yeah, because it makes the most sense to most people. How many sane people want to run around being some sort of insane killing machine with no defense? The concept of being purely agressive sounds suicidal at first. And to someone who doesn't know the game, where the hell is being purely passive going to get you? So many naturally skill both, not knowing about specialization in general, and the hybrid penalty specifically. So there needs to be a warning of some sort. Update the manual for DoY or something. Or put a little tool-tip help thingy in the character creation area.

And the quality of the weapons could do with being better. And they could at least match the skill point setup. I think I was talking to some newbie a few weeks ago, and he had this rifle, but his character was somehow skilled pistol by default on creation. :lol: I don't know if that's how it all actually worked out by default, or if he fucked up and redid his points or what. But just in case, the items need to be listed and need to match.

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 12:35
ive actualy had friend

lies!

and get so frustraited with the character first activities that they have to have me come over to their house to help them

and from what ive seen on other threads.. most of the people in this game are from other friends.. not that leet advertising

so without this help, people are leaving after char creation

yup. I know a few noobs who were very frustrated and extremely confused when they first logged on.

I think mc5 should be done away with(err noob mc5), and players should start off with no faction and in plaza 1.

Sorin
02-01-04, 12:42
. . .and players should start off with no faction and in plaza 1.

I really wish for that no-faction bit a lot when creating characters. Some people never leave their server, or if they do, it's not for long. So they don't know the faction politics and member distribution of the other servers. Not to mention that the totally new players won't really know about factions at all. Though if they start off with no faction, there needs to be a one-time only requirement-free faction selection, since chances are a newbie won't keep that 300k for very long, and giving them 50 sympathy in everything would probably be unbalanced in some fashion.

I dunno about starting in plaza 1, though it'd be nice from our perspective. If they don't start in their apt like they used to, they'd probably go a week not even knowing they had a starter apt :lol:

Breschau
02-01-04, 12:52
In a broader sense, I reckon [backseat developing] KK need to go through the game, one small part at a time, and work on it til it's as near perfect as they can get. The obvious choice would be to start at the parts of the game the newbies have most contact with and work from there. Reason being is I get the feeling that a lot of new (and old) systems in the game - content if you want - get thought up, implemented to the point they're "usable" then abandoned for the next shiny object to throw people screaming for more content. This results in things like, for example, the mission system which works but is pretty unbalanced, glitchy and unpolished. I'm hoping that this sort of thing is what is meant when BDoY is described as polished (rather than just higher quality graphics), because it's the sort of thing that a newbie is going to notice. Guess we'll see in a month or three.[/backseat developing]

Ferabukoo
02-01-04, 12:58
i like the idea of no faction

its kind of like horizons.. you start out with no skill and then you go talk to a ncp and join the school

could be like that with factions

all be spread out through plaza1

have the tg kinda hiden.. and kind of ghetto

the ca be the biggest and you get what im saying

ServeX
03-01-04, 00:35
KK needs to make apu spells require LOS.

<3

yea, KK needs to make apu spells require LOS.

p.s.

dark mind is where the parties at!

Nvidia
03-01-04, 02:26
Not sure where it's been stated, but I know I saw it...

Someone was complaining about how MC5 doesn't work for nubs...
And either Odin or Thanatos responded with something like,

"The way noobs start will be greatly changed with BDoY. I love being a tease!"

It was something along those lines, so we can only hope they will keep their word. :)

joran420
03-01-04, 02:33
I always thought they should have the offline demo be the n00b into(like it auto starts when u create your char) and at the end City admin comes and whipes your brain and u wake up in MC 5

Spectra260
06-01-04, 09:14
i just want the little things like this changed BEFORE release that way we dont have to worry about people getting off on the wrong foot when they first try neocron...

(holy rezathread;) )