PDA

View Full Version : *brainport* FL and ROG tl switch

iainy13
02-01-04, 07:50
Anyone think the ray of god (req 98 dex) and the first love (req 114 dex) should both be switched and their damage adjusted accordingly? I will psot osme reasons why i think they should.

1) becouse all raygun rifles are higher tl then plasma rifles exept their rare versions.

2) firstlove is impossable to cap aiming atm so it is almsot never used. a raygun rifle dousent need capped aiming to be realy ghood.

3) would give rifle spys a boost becouse rog is better then fl right now and pe's can use them.

4) wouldent it be coller to see firstlove pe's running around instead of rog pe's? i would way rather it.

post thoughts and why or why not you like my idea.

Divide
02-01-04, 08:10
I had a fairly similar idea quite some time back- this was to make rares follow the same req pattern as non-rares
It has been quite some time since Ive even considered non-rare weaponry, at least on my spy anyway, but I used to have this thought out entirely.
basically it works like pistols/hc/rifle weaponry do
plasma
fusion
raygun

the reqs for plasma would be the least, fusion - mid, raygun - high

but anyway, enough about my half baked ideas, I support yours.

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 08:13
I would play PE if I could use FL.

Flea
02-01-04, 08:20
Makes alot more since. Spies cant take much damage, so they need to do good damage up close, but a tl 114 raygun rifle is going to do some extremely heavy damage...

NeoSpartan
02-01-04, 08:25
erm... i would actually increase the accuracy a little bit for the FL and leave things as they were.. maybe increase the TL of the ROG ....

that's all i would change.... a properlly modded FL can still be way more effective than an ROg.. but it's all in the user not the weapon.. so i'd rather them do more effective balancing in something that's more pertinent..

Birkoff
02-01-04, 08:27
Increasing ROG damage would be insane.... lol... it does liek 240 a hit to a WB as it is.

With a cap of about 115? Thas more than HL :)

iainy13
02-01-04, 08:41
well maybe no increase the damage of the rog... just balance it for a tl 114 weapon. is anyone voting no becouse they have a firstlove or rog and dont want it's tl changed?

Flea
02-01-04, 08:44
If you "balance" a ray of god for tl 114, it would do more damage. Plain and simple.

NeoSpartan
02-01-04, 08:57
bah... nothing needs to be changed.. maybe the FL aiming a little faster to make one of the most powerfull weapons actually viable... but i dont think anything needs to be changed.. give me doy first.. or fix the FREs :)

t0tt3
02-01-04, 09:54
Originally posted by Birkoff
Increasing ROG damage would be insane.... lol... it does liek 240 a hit to a WB as it is.

With a cap of about 115? Thas more than HL :)

no :p 105/min rof and top 600 dmg on a WB nothing beats that :D

Sefran
02-01-04, 12:07
First love is one of highest TL weapons a PE should in no way able to use it properly thats for the spies, u might aswell delelete the combatspies then if pe's could use everything aswell as well.

U cant cap aiming on FL, well for that u have to try a spy. First love could use a bigger clip, but if i am right u wanne have the weapons do more dmg AND possible to use very well on a PE, thats plain wrong...u gonne get some angry spies on u ;P

Divide
02-01-04, 12:19
Originally posted by Sefran
First love is one of highest TL weapons a PE should in no way able to use it properly thats for the spies, u might aswell delelete the combatspies then if pe's could use everything aswell as well.

U cant cap aiming on FL, well for that u have to try a spy. First love could use a bigger clip, but if i am right u wanne have the weapons do more dmg AND possible to use very well on a PE, thats plain wrong...u gonne get some angry spies on u ;P
not really, if you consider the tl switch, the ray of god would most likely be the preferred weapon amongst rifle spies-- Id say the rog at tl 114 would put the rolh to shame.
thus, spies keep their own high tl weapon... not to mention the numerous setups that would be created for rifle spies, and pe's alike

Flyl
02-01-04, 15:26
I cap aiming on my first love.

ezza
02-01-04, 15:54
it be cool if my PE could use first love and the ROG was made for the spies instead.

it should of been that way around anyway like the way pistols is, with judge PE usable and ROLH a spy weapon(even if it is in the hands of PEs now:rolleyes: )

LTA
02-01-04, 16:12
Originally posted by Flyl
I cap aiming on my first love.

me to and i almost cap dmg and rof has a fair amount to go (due to low Freq on the wep) with 12 dex and 23 odd int to go

SorkZmok
02-01-04, 16:44
I dont want em switched, i want the dumb FL fixed. Its got the worst aiming i've ever experienced. Even with capped aiming it aims slower than a cs i think. Mines at only 250% or so cause my FL stats are shit and i use beast most of the time, its a fucking pain in the ass to hit anything with it.
Not to mention the massive recoil and stamina drain. The damage itself is fine and if you manage to use it right its definately devastating. Hurts like hell and i love those moments in NF when i manage to hit a full clip and totally annihilate my enemies. :D

So, keep the RoG the way it is and fix the FL.

LTA
02-01-04, 16:45
Originally posted by SorkZmok
I dont want em switched, i want the dumb FL fixed. Its got the worst aiming i've ever experienced. Even with capped aiming it aims slower than a cs i think. Mines at only 250% or so cause my FL stats are shit and i use beast most of the time, its a fucking pain in the ass to hit anything with it.
Not to mention the massive recoil and stamina drain. The damage itself is fine and if you manage to use it right its definately devastating. Hurts like hell and i love those moments in NF when i manage to hit a full clip and totally annihilate my enemies. :D

So, keep the RoG the way it is and fix the FL.

Yeah the weights need changing.... and that fuggin plasma miss % needs to be toned down on all the plasma.....
it makes the judge and fl pathetic at times :(

superfresh
02-01-04, 16:57
I'd be down with this. I'd also like to see the swirly removed from FL. Kinda silly.

ezza
02-01-04, 17:01
Originally posted by superfresh
I'd be down with this. I'd also like to see the swirly removed from FL. Kinda silly. why? i like the green swirly

Cruzbroker
02-01-04, 17:02
Nah (http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/kiva.jpg) , Fix the aiming :p

ezza
02-01-04, 17:04
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Nah (http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/kiva.jpg) , Fix the aiming :p damn i love the uber green cone of fire those weapons produce:D

superfresh
02-01-04, 17:08
Originally posted by ezza
why? i like the green swirly

Crap wrong rifle. :eek: Carry on...

SorkZmok
02-01-04, 17:26
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Nah (http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/kiva.jpg) , Fix the aiming :p
THAT is why i still use my FL from time to time. Cause it makes me look uber sexeh!! I love its looks and sound, not like that dumb disruptor...that things sooo boring to use it. :p

Originally posted by LTA
Yeah the weights need changing....
Oh yeah thats another point. Fully prepared for combat i'm carrying around so fucking many drugs and other shit, i can hardly carry more than 15 FL clips...on the other hand i can take more than 1 full clip from a libby. ;)

Leebzie
02-01-04, 17:43
Very hard one for me, because I have a HUGE love of plasma rifles. Right from the time I got my hew I leveled solidly on plasma rifles.

I am currently a RoG user on the hightech side. If I really thought the FL was as useful in combat , id say yes...

Certainly much nicer on the appearance side tho. FL is the games sexiest weapon by far imho.

Keiron
02-01-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I would play PE if I could use FL.
Trust me, you really don't want to do that. I've already been there and done that. The damage from your Pain Easer > damage from First Love (although you do look extremely uber wearing black PA with a Green swirly).
However, due to the thought of the sexeh black+green, I'm going to have to vote yes. However, there would be one condition - KK raise the fucking clip size of the First love again. It's still like 2 shots before you have to reload.

extract
03-01-04, 17:51
i get 178% dmg and 222 freq on my FL............on my PE

trigger hurt
03-01-04, 18:33
1) becouse all raygun rifles are higher tl then plasma rifles exept their rare versions.

That's fine with me. I only use first love and pain easer. Doing that will make it easier for me to put in the str imps and wear inq armor.

2) firstlove is impossable to cap aiming atm so it is almsot never used. a raygun rifle dousent need capped aiming to be realy ghood.

I cap aiming on my FL. Of course, it's 5 slot and all stats are artifact.

3) would give rifle spys a boost becouse rog is better then fl right now and pe's can use them.

Depends who's using it. I land more shots with my FL than I do with my RoG. I just prefer it in op battles. Plus, it sounds cool.

4) wouldent it be coller to see firstlove pe's running around instead of rog pe's? i would way rather it.

I don't think PE's should be able to use either one without seriously gimping something else. And yes, I also have a rifle pe.

LTA
03-01-04, 18:56
First Love should stay at the tl it is

Fix it so it's actually worth using so high up, ray needs some adjusting imo anyway :p

If i could have some Black Spy pa then my FL and black armour would rock :D

But yeah i think FL shouldn't change, they should fix it, the plasma should be high tech and i think the rog should swap with the redeemer to set the good spy weapons above the rest and force at least some kinda sacrifice from pe's for the power :p

Omnituens
03-01-04, 19:51
switch 'em over i say

5 stars

Sorin
03-01-04, 20:36
Originally posted by LTA
and that fuggin plasma miss % needs to be toned down on all the plasma :(

Yeah, seriously. Aside from rayguns owning anyways, one of the biggest, if not the top reason, I don't use my plasma rifles is the -4000% accuracy. Each clip looks something like this

1st burst: 2/4
2nd burst: 1/4
3rd burst: 3/4
4th burst: 2/4
5th burst: 0/4

Sometimes a tad better, sometimes a tad worse. But its fucking ghey. That's with capped stats, and neither myself nor target moving around.

Which is probably why I won't use, or even bother obtaining a FL. It's a shame really because it looks and sounds so damn cool.

(all PvM, fyi).

I don't think I'd like a TL switch, but I suppose it would make more sense if it really would actually be following the pattern of the non-rares. And a TL 114 raygun would absolutely rape in damage.

Netphreak
03-01-04, 22:52
How about fix the aim on first love! As everyone has pointed out it just misses way way too much.
I think RoG should have its TL raised too about 108 or 109 that way its in line with RoHL. That would hopefully balance it. Its damage doesn't need an increased either. I mean it really shouldn't be able to down a WB so much faster than a Disruptor can. If you go in close you can even kill a warbot in 8 shots. (This is on uranus btw think our WB's are a higher rank than some of the other servers)