PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Hybrid

Syntax-Error
02-01-04, 02:34
Just for some fun. but i need a little help with setup (i never have understood skill points :D )

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3ff4b71d_e247/bc/NC/Hybrid.jpg?bf5tL9_AEkTnGBgD

Ok... is it good.. or dose it suck?

anyone suggest anything?

t0tt3
02-01-04, 02:36
d/l 10% of it and I can say it sucks...

Sorry to say a hyb cant be good w/o DS or Kami chip..

kthnxbye

Syntax-Error
02-01-04, 02:38
Sorry forgot to point out i dont wana be a "1447" pker ill mainly use it to PvM with

oh and thanks again for your EVER so helpful reply :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 02:45
If it's just for Pvm, then you don't need ds or kami.

You could also switch pa if you want. Um, you realize you have xp controller 3 two times up there right?

And why are you using a psi memory chip? I'm not an expert, but I think your athletics is too high. Also, since you're not using Kami chip I wouldn't even waste any natural points into energy resist. I don't understand why your PPU is so high when your MST isn't high enough for the "big" ppu spells. You should also fill in all the armor, and the rest of the imps you plan to use.

Hybs are powerful for PvM, but level too slow for my liking. More thoughts later.

Cyphor
02-01-04, 02:49
Get rid of the mem chip and replace with ppr or moveon, also drop the ppu down to 100 and put the points in pwr.

And err you cant use 2 of the same imp so change a exp 3 to a exp 2 :p

edit: and as shaddow said you can be viable pvm but you'll lvl slowly, best ive been able to get so far is about 410-420% on a holy energy halo and about 250-300% on blessed heal :( at base psi 97.

edit 2: oh and id drop most of your ath down as with a melee buff and spy buff you should have plenty of agl.

Syntax-Error
02-01-04, 02:50
Damn one of those should be a 2 not a 3.

maybe 70 HLT 60 ATH

Hmm and with that setup (as far as i see) i can use:

Holy energy halo
Crahn Holy Heal
Crahn Holy Deflector
Crahn Blessed Shelter

Cyphor
02-01-04, 03:00
If you want to use holy heal drop your ppu to 107, imo i prefer to gimp the ppu abit to try and get more dmg, a hybrid can have great resists with even the weakest buffs and without severly gimping your dmg or having a kami you wont be able to heal significantly better without hurting your dmg.

Syntax-Error
02-01-04, 03:05
Ok here is a revised version :

http://www.geocities.com/fire_guardians_dragoon/Hybrid.JPG

t0tt3
02-01-04, 03:09
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Sorry forgot to point out i dont wana be a "1447" pker ill mainly use it to PvM with

oh and thanks again for your EVER so helpful reply :rolleyes:

If its for PvM any char is good for that.. So why do you ask, I mean outheal a WB with blessed heal and shelter aint that hard.. and if it takes 6 min to kill it so be fine, but if you come to this forum and ask for a godly PvM setup ok then I would and will n00b you becasue any answer would be good then.

Even I can outheal a WB if I put my HL up in his ass because he will turn away and run and only shoot me once.

Syntax-Error
02-01-04, 03:10
Oh im sorry are you calling me a n00b ... that like so original that i dont know what it means. you must be the smartest person i know. get the fuck outa my thread and stop trying to flame people jackass. Aint got anything constructive to say piss off and stop wasting the forum diskspace with your pointless posts.

ezza
02-01-04, 03:21
looks ok for PvM hybrid, with buffs you should get decent resists, and damage although nothing great will do the job.

my hybrid aint that great a setup, my resists are all over the place, but i can stand face to face with a warbot and outheal what he dishes out, but then so can my PE and he can kill the mob in less time.

i did have fun with my hybrid, but i just have problems with the monk class as a whole these days so dont play him often.

however, hope you have fun with your hybrid, at least your not bringing another anoying DS/kami hybrid to the PvP arena.

Kaden
02-01-04, 04:14
Hope this helps, I've got a hyb on Uranus, base PSI 94

Chips, exp PSI 1,2 and 3 and PSI core

PPU and APU are both 94 (with PSI core bonus)
MST 66 (with PSI core bonus)
and the rest in PPW

I get 435% on holy nrg halo and 398% on blessed heal.

And I do DAMN bloody well in PvP as well

t0tt3
02-01-04, 09:26
Oh im sorry are you calling me a n00b ... that like so original that i dont know what it means. you must be the smartest person i know. get the fuck outa my thread and stop trying to flame people jackass. Aint got anything constructive to say piss off and stop wasting the forum diskspace with your pointless posts.

boohoo lord as u wish... :rolleyes:

TheGreatMilenko
02-01-04, 11:17

its 1337
noob lol

Psycho Killa
02-01-04, 11:25
OMG HYBRID R TEH SUX WITHOUT TEH DIMENSION OR TEH KAMI

Even though they have better armor then a pe or tank, better psi defense, and can use a holy energy halo which kicks ass for its tl.

HYBRIDS WITHOUT TEH RARE CHIPS ARE TEH SUK

In all seriousness you are better off with a dimension but not everyone has acces to one of those so you will do fine without it it will take practice.

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 11:26
400ISH% holy energy halo sucks for pvp.

Psycho Killa
02-01-04, 11:29
You cant be teh l337 pwn with out the chips i know.

But im sure with 400ish u can still manage.

Not to mention your defense would be still decent if you opted for pe level buffs. You can still get away with using heat 1 or hazard 1.

Shadow Dancer
02-01-04, 11:30
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
You cant be teh l337 pwn with out the chips i know.

But im sure with 400ish u can still manage.

Not to mention your defense would be still decent if you opted for pe level buffs. You can still get away with using heat 1 or hazard 1.

I tried it man. It's really really crappy for pvp. I dueled kramer, and he almost outhealed my energy halo + damage boost.

IMO a hybrid isn't "realisticly" viable for pvp without kami chip.

The defense is cool, sort of like a great PE. But the offense.......... *puke*

You can go for PPU buffs and heals, like 112 ppu or so. Your defene would be friggin awesome. But your offense, oh lord. It's basically just good for dueling tanks spies and apus IMO.

Jeros82
02-01-04, 12:00
OK, i'm also working on a hybrid myself. I wanna try to become almost uber ;) But what if I make sure i can reach 112 PPU with PPU PA and 107 (or more for HL but i don't know the APU for that one) with APU PA and a regular Holy Spirit vest. If I buff myself using the PPU PA and then switch to the APU PA to use the Energy beam or even Holy Lighting couldn't that work really good? Cause most PvP kills don't take more then 2 mins. And then you do have a Self-cast Holy Shelter and Holy Deflector up your ass which is always better then a foreign cast. And you keep the Holy Spirit Vest for PvM.

I want to be uber, just tell me how :angel:

shodanjr_gr
02-01-04, 12:09
Originally posted by Jeros82
OK, i'm also working on a hybrid myself. I wanna try to become almost uber ;) But what if I make sure i can reach 112 PPU with PPU PA and 107 (or more for HL but i don't know the APU for that one) with APU PA and a regular Holy Spirit vest. If I buff myself using the PPU PA and then switch to the APU PA to use the Energy beam or even Holy Lighting couldn't that work really good? Cause most PvP kills don't take more then 2 mins. And then you do have a Self-cast Holy Shelter and Holy Deflector up your ass which is always better then a foreign cast. And you keep the Holy Spirit Vest for PvM.

I want to be uber, just tell me how :angel:

Not really. You would get totally crap damage% on ur HL, an nrg halo would probably outdamageit.

Not worth it.