PDA

View Full Version : Patches

Bud
01-01-04, 22:37
I recently read a thread (i forget where and i'm not going to search for it) where a player said he could not get patched up because the launcher kept trying to download patched that were already there. The immedite response was to download the new patcher and that would fix the problem.

There was no further response so it must have worked for him, however...

That has never worked for me, and whenever I am faced with re-patching I have to create the 162 or whatever it is that fails by spoofing the cpTMP *.pat and rebooting several times until it works.

This happened to all my RL friends who could never get patched up and get the game running, even after I told them how. Unfortunately, none of my RL gaming friends play neocron as a direct resut. (we would have kicked arse:)

OK- I know this is flame bait, but I am ONLY writing this to show one way the intro to DOY can be screwed up, if patches are introduced that drive entire hords of gamers away because of sloppy upgrades that refuse to allow the game to run as intended.

ok- flameaway:o

01-01-04, 22:38
Delete patch 159 and 185 (something around 185 anyway) and you'll be ok and yeah they should fix it badly.

Tratos
01-01-04, 23:50
it has been fixed. and there will be no need to rectify it when DOY is released

~T

-Demon-
01-01-04, 23:59
Plus BDOY will come with all the patches and the new launcher so this bug will no longer show it's self.

I've never had a problem after installing the launcher patch and patching so must be down to when you update it or somthing.

MortuusLupus
02-01-04, 03:59
Or just download all the patches and only run the NLSP.exe file until you're all the way patched up. No problems at all when you do it that way

REMUS
02-01-04, 18:12
nlsp doesnt do anything its just the same as starting it up normally, for me anyway, i still hav to download 159 and 185, typical kk to leave it this long :(

Vampire222
02-01-04, 19:52
copies over the new launcher over the old one

Bud
04-01-04, 22:16
How to fix it is not the question, I am simply pointing out that a large number of people were turned off enough by this to leave/not play the game, including some of my RL friends. Please don't repeat this mistake in DOY.;)