PDA

View Full Version : Overcrowding of Cellars

stalked monkey
01-01-04, 20:55
Yes, I stole this idea from Q, but his thread was getting kinda banter-ish and I bet the mods have stopped listening to it.

Basic idea was the over-camping of the P1 sewer and P2 aggiecellar.

1. CONNECT all the damn cellars to the mainsewer. yes.. it would be one hell of a challenge. Let me do it. Hell I'll do it for free.

2. The P2 cellar is backwards. Aggie capitans up in the front, but none in the back... hell, its easier in the BACK of the cellars than it is in the front. Just stashing the aggie capitans in the back room only would be an improvement.

3. About all the sewers looking all the same: As long as there are differences (stuff in different places, different mobs, etc) its ok with me... seriously, if you go down into the New York sewers (Real life people.. remember it?) its gonna look the same a lot.

4. The reason people use the hunting places they use is the ease of use. Namely, having a Citycom right next door. MB just got one added to the front. Aggie capitans are about 5 feet away from a citycom. P1 cellars? Citycom right around the corner.
These places dont need to be REMOVED, they need to be MOVED.

5. Missions themselves are a problem. Theres SEVERAL other cellars around neocron within walking distance of a citycom, but there are no missions for the mobs inside. (Mutant Gunmen, Hurlers/Butchees, etc)

6. Add more gogus/genreps/vendors around the OZ, and people will likely go there more.

7. This would likely be slightly harder to implement, but it would be THE solution in the end. Mob spawn rates and camped-ness should be intertwined. More people around? Monsters get scared and go away, and only rear their ugly heads every once in a while. People would have to move on. Heck, this might be EASY to do. At every spawn point, if a monster is about to spawn, check to see if there are more than, say, 1 player around. If there is? Stop the spawn.

ezza
01-01-04, 20:59
overcrowding of the celler? just send a pker or 2 down there, normally clears it out for a bit;)

Archeus
01-01-04, 21:01
people still level in the cellars?

ezza
01-01-04, 21:04
Originally posted by Archeus
people still level in the cellars? yup there a bunch of mindless sheep who have not realised theres a whole world out there to level in

stalked monkey
01-01-04, 21:06
Exactly.. and those are the mindless sheep who complain that neocron is boring.

And believe me... I have gone through to Pk everyone in there before. They just come back, like a bunch of rats. Either that or I get a whoooole lot of clans pissed off at me.
Besides, most of em have LEs in still anyway, so i'd just be a jackass killing all the mobs.

Darth Slayer
01-01-04, 21:17
Don't like the noobs like lvl in there so maybe calling them mindless sheep is a bit harsh h'mmmm ?
Also u get ppl using it to gain faction sympathy or SL up by doing the ever so easy aggie cpt missions.

ezza
01-01-04, 21:19
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Don't like the noobs like lvl in there so maybe calling them mindless sheep is a bit harsh h'mmmm ?
Also u get ppl using it to gain faction sympathy or SL up by doing the ever so easy aggie cpt missions. if you actually go out and find places to hunt instead of them just going there they would have more fun but nope they all go there and camp the place

Q`alooaith
01-01-04, 21:34
You stole my idea!

Look my idea is better, rather than calling for lot's of work from KK all it need's it say five min's to remove the teliport in object's, they can leave the outward's and the celler's for about a month or more so people can get out still, then remove the celler's themselve's...

and it can be done in a RP way, say "CA has finaly delcaired the abondoned celler's unsafe and are closing them off to prevent hostile lifeform's from entering the innner city"

Dead easy.

Carn
01-01-04, 21:37
I don't really like any of the cellars in the Plaza/PP/VR area. The sewers with spiders and bats in them are okay, because that makes sense. But, two huge mutant soldiers with gatling guns attached to their arms and metal plates in their heads right underneath a Diamond Real Estate store? A bit awkward. I say move 'em all to the outzone. Would increase traffic there.