PDA

View Full Version : Psi Cannons.... [not for psi's]

Q`alooaith
01-01-04, 20:47
Ok now you are properly confused, I shall begin...

As of this time there are no weapon's that do Psi damage (maybe the parashock's but that's another matter).. and Psi although nerfed a lot can resist the most damage and dish out the most damage..

So as I was watching TV(not realy watching it, just thinking letting the background noise relax my mind, and the CD players where on so more listening to them than watching the TV, but that's enough about me)...

oh back to the point in hand, well I had an idea, Psi weapon's that do Psi bassed damage, now as I thought along these line's I came to the final thought that Psi's would be able to resist these most, so back to thinking I went and then it hit me...

Weapon's that do damage bassed on your psi level... The weapon's would do no real damage, maybe a bit of force from the impact, but would do Psi damage equivilent to the psi level of the target minus Resist Psi... This would make them perfect for the job of tackling nasty psi's while not doing much to other classes..

Now Psi's could resist the damage easly by simply putting resist psi up to the same as their level.. but then that leave's them with less point's for agressive of passive power's.. tank's would not be hit hard as their psi level cap's at 10 (meaning they'd only suffer 10 damage per shot) Spy's and PE's would have to either spec a little resist psi, or just risk a little damage, and Psi's woud have to either spend point's on resisting Psi, or end up with a big weakness..

This idea stem's from, if you've better hearing loud sound's hurt your ear's more, so stronger psi's are hurt by psi more...

It's simple and give's resist psi a reason to be, also would give all the classes an anti psi weapon to cut though shield's and beat PPU's that havent spent any on resist psi, and APU's who'd outdamage in second's without it...

The weapon's would be mid level.. a cannon, str 50, 75 HC, 25 TC... A Rifle, Dex 50, 75 rifle, 25 tech.. and a pistol, dex 50, 75 PC, 25 TC..

Now they would have a pretty low RoF, maybe 30/min when capped.. Now the down side to such a great anti psi weapon... The ammo would be unclonable and unbuildable, and cost 1.5K per pack (60 per pack, 30 in clip)..

So it's the perfect weapon, it's easy to resist, expensive to run and deadly when not resisted...

So what does thou thunkest?

Haxxor
01-01-04, 20:50
Would be better if you give Spys the Monk Killing weps coz they have low CON and arent the strongest class therefore it would balance the game

Zanathos
01-01-04, 20:55
they cut through ppu deflector and shelter then alright, sounds good.

the monk killer of weapons is currently bullet weapons with the proper ammo mod. (doesnt matter to ppus of course)

Monks dont like piercing, force and fire damage. At least, there best against monks due to the fact they have high energy resist and xray.

I dont know if id be using one of these cannons though.

Usually I wield one weapon. (Safe slot :))

Archeus
01-01-04, 20:59
Fix the TL3 crap and then we can discuss about nerfing us some more.

Incidently PSI Attack spell is pretty effective against monks.

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 21:00
No. Apus are weak enough as it is. They don't have uber heals or buffs. There's no need for "special" weapons against them. They have shitty defense and can be killed extremely easily. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Btw Zan, it's easier to spec for fire than it is for X-ray. IMO x-ray mod is best for apus. I say apus because it really doesn't matter what mod you use against ppus. :p

stalked monkey
01-01-04, 21:02
Make the requirements higher, and I would think its ok. The way you explained it would mean that anyone able to carry that cannon (and its mid-low level) could kill a capped psi. Now, im all for a psi-balancer, but thats a little over the top.

ezza
01-01-04, 21:02
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No. Apus are weak enough as it is. They don't have uber heals or buffs. There's no need for "special" weapons against them.

agree with shadow on this one i dont think it needs a special weapon, my CS can take chunks out of any apu(if i can land the damn hits but thats a diffrent story entirely)

apus problems relate to the damage they deal, but they are the damage dealers so meh, i think excluding PPUs the other 3 classes are looking the most balanced for a long time

Q`alooaith
01-01-04, 21:09
Psi attack is a Psi spell... which bring's me to the point... why are the best anti monk weapon's monk weapons?

SD, all the more reason to do it, APU's can just as easly spec some point's into resist psi, with the max damage being what 130 or so if you've capped psi and are in the top PA.., maybe tweak the PA's to give some resist psi.. at 30/min they'd have nothing much to fear, as a pure APU would be able to fire back and maybe kill whoever is attacking.. maybe tweak the RoF to less, but the idea is if your a high level psi and you've not put any resist Psi these weapon's would cut you down... But if you put 50 point's in at psi 100 you've cut the damage in half.. and while it might mean not capping that rare you love, it would mean you'd take less damage and have a chance to kill your attacker..

It's all about greed.. Greedy psi's will suffer much like everyone suffer's to posion.. don't resist it, but it'll cut though you like a hot knife though butter.

The point is, it's damage is reduced heavly by resist psi, each point of resist Psi would effectily reduce the damage by 1, and with the damage stemming from your Psi level, at 50 Psi you'd only need 50 resist Psi to stop all damage from the weapon.. though at higher level's you'd be spending more and more point's to resist it..

Yes it would mean mid level player could kill capped Psi's, but only if the psi's have put nothing into resist psi, with 50 point's in the Psi weapon's would be less effective than a CS, rember that a mid level player just able to use these weapon's would NOT, be getting 30/min RoF more like 15/min or less, so while powerful, they are no mean's the uber killer's.. they just have enough bite that a PPU without resist psi would have to think about running when somone pulled one out..

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 21:11
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

SD, all the more reason to do it,

How is that all the more reason to do it? You haven't even explained why for some odd reason apus need some magical weapons to fight against them. Their weak as hell. If you can't kill one........ :rolleyes:

APU's can just as easly spec some point's into resist psi,

Who cares? That doesn't make it "ok". I'm sure Tanks could spare some more points in con or dex for some other point sink, and i'm sure they would hate that if it wasn't justified.

SD, all the more reason to do it, APU's can just as easly spec some point's into resist psi, with the max damage being what 130 or so if you've capped psi and are in the top PA.., maybe tweak the PA's to give some resist psi.. at 30/min they'd have nothing much to fear, as a pure APU would be able to fire back and maybe kill whoever is attacking.. maybe tweak the RoF to less, but the idea is if your a high level psi and you've not put any resist Psi these weapon's would cut you down... But if you put 50 point's in at psi 100 you've cut the damage in half.. and while it might mean not capping that rare you love, it would mean you'd take less damage and have a chance to kill your attacker..

My point is, there isn't even a good reason for doing this.

It's all about greed.. Greedy psi's will suffer much like everyone suffer's to posion.. don't resist it, but it'll cut though you like a hot knife though butter.

The difference is, poison works against everyone. :rolleyes:

Q`alooaith
01-01-04, 21:19
Read my edit..

The idea is, they would work on everyone but to a lesser extent..

Posion don't work so well on me cause I spec resist's to it BTW..

The point is, you can resist psi, but without it you run the risk, read my above post and you'll see.. Resist psi would have big effect on these weapon's. but many Psi's I'm sure would not want to spend the 175 psi point's on resisting it totaly.. (1 point per point to 50, 2 from 51-75, 3 from76-100)

You could resist it and psi's could resist it best, but it come's down to the subskill point's you'd spare...

Rember, the RoF would CAP at 30/min, starting at 15/min, as in, you just able to use it and it's not greatly effective, the aiming would be like a normal weapon, so a psi's still got the edge unless you choose not to resist psi.

Duder
01-01-04, 22:19
Psi attack is a Psi spell... which bring's me to the point... why are the best anti monk weapon's monk weapons?

Huh? You mean there are people not playing wizard and cleric classes?

Whats kind of madness is this?? :confused:

El Barto
01-01-04, 22:20
Played alot of Warhammer 40k with/against Demonhunters? Just wondering.

01-01-04, 22:33
Sorry but I find it a stinky idea.

Omnituens
01-01-04, 22:57
bad idea.

psi resist should be removed for 2 reasons

1) stops ideas like this
2) clears up level 2 and 3 imp drops

i mean, isnt it a pisser when you get a psi-resistor-field 3 in a mob?

Q`alooaith
01-01-04, 23:48
Originally posted by El Barto
Played alot of Warhammer 40k with/against Demonhunters? Just wondering.

Nope, I used to play Tau... Before that Eldar, before that SM's, though I never played as SM's in 3rd ed, only second... Had Necrons for a while but found em too costly (2nd ed when the metal only one's)..

Not played 40K in such a long time, my tau are just gathering dust.. and I've still got a manta to finish up scratch building..

shodanjr_gr
02-01-04, 00:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

The difference is, poison works against everyone. :rolleyes:

And you also have antidotes.