PDA

View Full Version : Rhinos

Archeus
01-01-04, 20:32
I got to use the Rhino today in hunting, Op war and when someone was trying to PK me. It has to be one of the cool things that no one uses (bit like Holy Distract Mind).

Hunting - The thing rocks. You have total safety and it takes down most things with ease.

Op War - Some of the ops dont allow easy access, but it is good to get to a hill and snipe as the people are running around. The good protection allows your guys to get out and attack then get back in and heal later on. Rhino also offers cover for incoming fire.

Being PK'ed. - I was just cracking up laughing at this. Driving by two guys on our way to hunt (APU and PPU) start to attack us. Wasn't going to start anything. Anyway they start with holy para. Does nothing to the Rhino. Then the guy starts whacking it with some spell but after maybe 2 minutes we loose 1 percent while my gunner is whacking away on him. He then tries to poison the tank :lol: At this point I jump out and HDB the APU and it becomes a bit more intresting for them.

At this point another Rhino turns up (not with us) and they ran screaming. Then when they realise there is no gunner in the second tank they try again. This time we (with the help of the PE in the second tank who got out and shot at them) killed the APU and forced the PPU to run (no way in hell to rez his mate with a Rhino, RoG and a PPU whacking on them).

Actually the sheer fear factor of the Rhino does wonders too, we would drive by a few people and they would run away in fear we were going to kill them.

The only downside is you need a repairer in the Rhino if you want to stay out for a long time (more then 30 minutes to an hour).

Carn
01-01-04, 21:31
ROFL yeah that was funny. They have pretty good distance too if you can lock on to a target that's 3 pixels wide, but we managed.

Xizor
01-01-04, 21:37
Right, the reason no one uses it for hunting is simple:
You get crappy XP.

Jest
01-01-04, 21:45
Originally posted by Xizor
Right, the reason no one uses it for hunting is simple:
You get crappy XP. Thats leveling, not hunting. ;) hehe, but yah its pretty crappy exp. Used to be every one in the vehicle got exp for kills.

Morris
01-01-04, 21:57
Three rhinos pass Tezla en route to the canyon for a PK raid:

http://supermorris.net/images/shot0169.jpg

Was the most fun I'd had in quite some time, but unfortunately we had to run because people started hacking our OPs :mad:

Also, TG guards can fucking trash a rhino in the blink of an eye :rolleyes:

El Barto
01-01-04, 22:18
Untill some one shoots you with an anti VHC rockets, then *boom boom*:D

Archeus
01-01-04, 22:20
Originally posted by El Barto

Ooh nasty. Whats the range on one of those things?

Drexel
02-01-04, 05:32
This is now the ONLY way i Hunt for rares, My H-C PE solos WB's for hours with this great beast.

Never need another rare, it out damages a CS x 6 & you can easily build a new one if you lose it, (I have 27 Rhinos :D ).

Oh, & they have changed the gunners rank, its now 80/***, so shooting Warbots (same rank) you get full experiance, & you can kill SO many in an hour, you end up with more money than you can spend.

I was bored with my Pistol Private Eye, changed to H-C & never looked back, i can also use a speed gun if i ever am caught with out my rhino, & because i have 81 STR i can wear the top armour & stand toe to toe & punch a WB until some armour breaks.

Its even better if you can get a driver & gunner team going as you can kill almost twice as many WB per hour. 5 Warbots standing together, no problem. :cool:

TheGreatMilenko
02-01-04, 11:24
Originally posted by Drexel
This is now the ONLY way i Hunt for rares, My H-C PE solos WB's for hours with this great beast.

lol when did u get a idea for H-C PE

Drexel
02-01-04, 17:02
I had a spare marine & thought , now, what the hell am i gonna do with this, i started doing some sums, & saw that i could drive & gun a Rhino without any MC5 chips. So ive been been doing it for the last month & I no longer hunt for rares with any other character.

I figure if i can get a Herculies I can use the Tangent Plasma Cannon, & then I will also be quite good PvP. I can take ALOT of CS hits atm.

CRAIG DIGGERS
02-01-04, 20:03
Originally posted by El Barto

No, you need at least 2 tanks with anti rocket launchers, and you need for one tank with full cap / pvp skilled 3 shoots with a rhino ;)
Test was with builded VHC MADE IN SWITZERLAND :)

If you want some really phun, make a PE and use the new implants for droner to use the gun, and drive at once :)

Mirco
02-01-04, 21:15
My pe caps the rare melees up to blade of ceres and also the soulblade with some drugs and drive a rhino, repair and gun it without drugs. He is awesome for hunting and great when I get a tank to gun my rhino at op fights. Rhino rocks!!! Needless to say I`m having wet dreams about "ammo" mods for melee weapons.

Eledhbrant
02-01-04, 21:32
an anti VHC launcher takes quite a while to bring down a rhino, takes off maybe 12% per shot or so. and it can be hard to hit a moving rhino, then theres the whole "oh shit its coming for me now" factor too.

So even with the launchers they are teh win :)

(I was gunning one of the Rhinos in Morris's picture en route to canyon, was so funny when you pass some TG running on the road and just circle him, he KNOWS he's fucked, we stayed by canyon entrance area killing loads before we had to go defend OPs :D )

dmon99
03-01-04, 00:32
pe cant use a herc chip takes 115 str to use right?

sorry was wrong only reqire str 95

shodanjr_gr
03-01-04, 00:39
Originally posted by dmon99
pe cant use a herc chip takes 115 str to use right?

sorry was wrong only reqire str 95

Didnt they put class reqs of MC5 imps?

Archeus
03-01-04, 01:50
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
an anti VHC launcher takes quite a while to bring down a rhino, takes off maybe 12% per shot or so. and it can be hard to hit a moving rhino, then theres the whole "oh shit its coming for me now" factor too.

Tested it today with a constructed launcher (Cool 2 slots unmodded). Took the craft down in 20 percent intervals. So about 5 shots. More if the tank has been buffed though. Tested it on a buffed PPU did 3 damage.

High level repair guy with the top level repair tool can repair 20 percent in a couple of jabs. Not enough to jump out an fix but could say run behind a hill.

CRAIG DIGGERS
03-01-04, 16:57
Originally posted by Archeus
Tested it today with a constructed launcher (Cool 2 slots unmodded). Took the craft down in 20 percent intervals. So about 5 shots. More if the tank has been buffed though. Tested it on a buffed PPU did 3 damage.

High level repair guy with the top level repair tool can repair 20 percent in a couple of jabs. Not enough to jump out an fix but could say run behind a hill.

I don't think they changed something with the patch, my account's not running yet, but my constr. could repair more then a full capped tank made damage with a "cool" (85%?) AVC rocket launcher. I thought the freq. is a bit low on the launcher.
Objects: Full h-c tank / no kami chip
Capped cst.spy repair skill 135
It was not possible to deal more damage then i repaired
Ps.
If you play the h-c tank in a situation of a rhino attack, just keep close to the rhino, its not possible for him to aim you then. :)

Edit. the spy repairs with about 12% every poke.

Gestra
03-01-04, 18:01
In the last few days we have done a lot of vehicle warfare, its damn fun.

The rhino is nice, but personally I think it needs slightly more armour/resistance to damage. Also anti vec launchers, heavy scorpian trikes TG guards all own a rhino very badly very quickly which is rather shit. More armour then more people would use them.

The jeep should give at least some protection to the gunner especially since heals dont work on you when you are sitting in the seats.

Boost vec's more people would use them, more fun.

Carn
03-01-04, 18:44
Yeah heal effect definitely needs to work in vehicles. Even in things where you can't be seen, like a Rhino. I don't understand that you can jump out, heal, jump back in, and the heal spell is wearing off but you're not regaining any health. :confused: