PDA

View Full Version : BrainPort: Stop DoT when the Caster is in a safe zone

Rieper
01-01-04, 18:28
If theres one thing that irritates me more than anything, its an apu who needs 5 seconds to spam 12 poison stacks and then zones back to a safe area.. im sure it has happened to you, and its ridiculous that the game allows this pseudo godmode.. dealing dmg, while you are untouchable

All i want is that when the dmg dealer zones into a safe zone the DoT stacks drop.. It would enrich pvp imo.

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 18:31
Nope, don't see anything wrong with it.

If he casts 12 HLs then zones, or casts 12 poison beams then zones, there's no difference. Either way he has to stick around to do the actual casting, and if you couldn't kill him while he was using poison then you wouldn't have been able to kill him if he was using a non poison.

J. Folsom
01-01-04, 18:33
I think the DoT should be removed when the caster zones, though not for the reason you mentioned.

I'd explain further, but that'd just get this post edited for posting an exploit (Which I have reported).

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 18:36
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I think the DoT should be removed when the caster zones, though not for the reason you mentioned.

I'd explain further, but that'd just get this post edited for posting an exploit (Which I have reported).

I know what you mean. Personally I think poison damage should be more front loaded. All the damage should be within a few ticks, like fire spells.

Rieper
01-01-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Nope, don't see anything wrong with it.

If he casts 12 HLs then zones, or casts 12 poison beams then zones, there's no difference. Either way he has to stick around to do the actual casting, and if you couldn't kill him while he was using poison then you wouldn't have been able to kill him if he was using a non poison.

Thats not the issue, casting is fine, its a massive rof from a zone line and then zoning into a safe zone that sucks..if an apu got 10 poison stacks on me but stayed in the zone, i could take him down with me.. but not if hes in a safe zone..

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 18:42
Originally posted by Rieper
Thats not the issue, casting is fine, its a massive rof from a zone line and then zoning into a safe zone that sucks..if an apu got 10 poison stacks on me but stayed in the zone, i could take him down with me.. but not if hes in a safe zone..

That's a problem regardless of the type of damage he's using. You missed my point. He has to stay within danger, to cast in the first place. Stand still for 6 seconds and get off 10 casts. Regardless of whatever damage he does, he still has to stay there for those 6 seconds. If he's going to zone after it, what difference does it make the type of damage he did? He already unleashed 10 spells.

You wouldn't have that problem with HL because you would be dead. DOT is just delayed damage, that's it.

SovKhan
01-01-04, 18:43
what do you expect when you punch your faction guards to kill people? do you epect them to stay in zone? lol not when most of TSU's view is leave em in there ballanced. if your faction guards are ballanced then zone hopping and poisening are ballanced...

Lethys
01-01-04, 18:44
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - don't post exploits please ]

Eddie
01-01-04, 19:13
No.. the thing is, poison is balanced for DoT, whereas HL isn't.

This makes it an unfair comparison when you say that firing 12 HLs is the same as 12 Poisons...

I think it is indeed one of them that need much figuring-outing, but then again: poison hurts everyone only because they have no resists against it.

Eddie

El Barto
01-01-04, 19:57
I don't really see much wrong with it, sure its happened to me b4 and I get pissed off a bit by it, but It never seems to do much damage to me, might be why I am not to bothered by it. I think its right the way it is atm.

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 20:03
Originally posted by Eddie
No.. the thing is, poison is balanced for DoT, whereas HL isn't.

What do you mean? DOT is just delayed damage. Nothing special about it. If HL did the same damage, but spread out for 24 seconds what would be different? Nothing, except that you have more time to heal through it.

This makes it an unfair comparison when you say that firing 12 HLs is the same as 12 Poisons...

Not really. Because i'm stating that either way, you still have to stay in that area for a certain period of time to cast 12 spells of the same rof. So that IS the same regardless of the damage type.

I think it is indeed one of them that need much figuring-outing,

:confused:

stalked monkey
01-01-04, 20:13
I just wish instead of going BANG *wait* BANG * wait * BANG that all the DOT effects made a constant decrease in life... I.E if a spell did say 25 damage every second for 5 seconds, it would instead do 5 damage every fifth of a second for 5 seconds... would be smoother and easier to judge if your going to survive or not... May not seem crucial to you, but I do my fighting from the back of a reveler a lot.. if I dont jump out before I die, I cant get rezzed cause im stuck underneath.

Dazist
01-01-04, 20:13
Just be far away from zone lines and apu can't quickzonespam.

XanX
02-01-04, 05:49
**ALTERNATELY**

YOUR stacking somebody with poisons and then they run into a safe zone, loose all stacks and come straight back in to pwn you

ROFL

Nah thx

Rieper
02-01-04, 07:13
Originally posted by XanX
**ALTERNATELY**

YOUR stacking somebody with poisons and then they run into a safe zone, loose all stacks and come straight back in to pwn you

ROFL

Nah thx

no, i just meant that if the caster has godmode then the DoT doesnt work. If i run into a safezone but the caster remains in a non safezone, then i still drop. Zonehopping is irritating, but when dmg is being done and you cant fight back.. well....

gostly
02-01-04, 08:07
when someone starts getting stacked with poison...they zone out to a safezone so they can heal...removing stacks when they zone would just make it easier and would encourage people to zonehop even more :o

Rieper
02-01-04, 08:11
Originally posted by gostly
when someone starts getting stacked with poison...they zone out to a safezone so they can heal...removing stacks when they zone would just make it easier and would encourage people to zonehop even more :o

Jeez! Did no one read the fucking post?! WHEN THE CASTER IS ZONEHOPPING THE DOT STOPS WORKING. WHEN THE TARGET ZONEHOPS IT KEEPS WORKING.

It discourages zonehopping, ffs!

KimmyG
02-01-04, 09:38
Hmmmmmmmmm utter stupidity. This post is a clean waste some more carebear trash. If your gonna die your gonna die, why should the attacker have to be holding your hand while you go down. Fix the other issuse with this but this idea is shit.

gostly
02-01-04, 09:39
alright, i knew i was confused...:lol:

sorry...i coulda swore i read "stop dot when in safe zone"...didnt stop to think about "the caster" as i dont see that happen much...so i guess ill stick to my vote with no even tho i misunderstood at first...

ive seen a certain apu many months back run in pepperpark...holy pest and then zone back out...i just think safezones should be removed completely...

it's not that big of a problem really...i mean why should it matter if the caster zones away from you...becuz he leaves, the dmg from him should stop?...nah, sorry, cant agree with ya there ;\

even tho i have grown to hate apu's so much...:lol:

t0tt3
02-01-04, 09:44
Just deal with the DoT dmg.. It sucks anyway.. I can cast a Holy Pestilice on a tank and he can outheal it with his tl 3 heal....

That amount of mana/psi and that sucky RoF should kill that poor tank if he stood in the shit.. but nooooooo so leave this alone plz... or else make PB like it was before the nerf when poison did some dmg!!!!

Psycho Killa
02-01-04, 09:53
Jesus christ.

He doesnt want to stop fucking dot damage or anything "carebear" or any of that other shit.

He wants to stop the lame exploit that where not allowed to mention without getting edited up the ass.

If you want to pk someone in the aggy cellar or someone neutra/allied then you should have to deal with the consequences like everyone else rather using the lame tactic that cant be mentioned.

Rieper
02-01-04, 13:41
Yeah, so fucking carebear, thats me
"Let people exploit you carebear" "You're such a carebear, wanting an apu to have to take a risk"

i'll make a bet that the complaining mostly comes from no talent apu spammers and aggy den pkers

and thats just the people who gave enough of a crap to read the original post and work out what this is about rather than just jumping into a discussion without having any clue what they were talking about.

Judge
02-01-04, 14:17
There needs to be some way to stop the APU using that "certain" exploit that everyone who mentions gets edited, even though EVERYONE knows about it.

Vampire222
02-01-04, 14:44
all ppu spells except for para and dmgboost shud be allowed inside safezones, so holy cath antipoison and antipara stuff

Rieper
02-01-04, 17:24
Originally posted by Vampire222
all ppu spells except for para and dmgboost shud be allowed inside safezones, so holy cath antipoison and antipara stuff

if we arent gonna get the poison edit, then yeah, that would be a nice compromise.. still doesnt stop the exploit tho.