PDA

View Full Version : Akimbo Pistols

LTA
01-01-04, 15:29
Give us some akimbo pistols :p

They don't actually have to be 2 pistols but i think they should come as 1 weapon from the shop, so you can buy say duel colts, or duel uzis, up the rof and make it act like 1 weapon in terms of stats and dmg but just add the model so the user has a pistol in each hand and it appears as tho both are shooting, just make the rof double what the pistol normally was or uzi (600 rof O_o) maybe tone the uzi to a 450/500 ish.
Also the reload times will be double and the dmg will be higher (not sure balancing), make the very high rof combos harder to aim (lower hit %) or require more points to cap aim or something.

heh just an idea anyway :D

Tratos
01-01-04, 15:50
excelent idea i think most people will want this me likes anyway :D :D :D :D

~T

Dazist
01-01-04, 15:56
Old idea, good idea, idea which won't be implemented :| It would require whole new character animations.

LTA
01-01-04, 16:00
Originally posted by Dazist
Old idea, good idea, idea which won't be implemented :| It would require whole new character animations.

yeah... just move the anim on the right to the left and make one run behind the other or something

Thane
01-01-04, 17:13
guys, think some sec before you start posting.......

implementing akimbo pistols would screw the balancing.... simple thing, so we won't get em. or just before TEH pistol nerf :)

Oath
01-01-04, 17:14
As always i love the idea, but ya cant implement it unless you give it to rifles / cannons / psi's too.

2 libs.......

versus

1 cs.
or
1 pain easer.
or
1 holy lightning.

Thats the problem, but yes, i'd love it :D

LTA
01-01-04, 17:20
lol you misunderstand me :p

I don't mean 2 of any choice of pistols, like i couldn't go into A&W and buy 2 Waste Eagles and akimbo them, it would be 1 weapon in a sense.
The screen would show a pic of 2 guns as to one but all the stats will be for both as one and you choose which akimbo you want so it's easy to balance the weapon set in line with the others.

So you buy say Artifact Duel SMG or Artifact Duel Colt.
The only differences being is rof/dmg/aimin to bring em in line with the others.
It wouldn't be you buy 2 libs and akimbo them on your own accord... dunno if helps you understand what i mean...

as for other akimbos lol akimbo rifles? sure but make the aiming really hard.... cannons? well you should become a turret and i mean not moving anywhere if you have 2 out :p

Thane
01-01-04, 17:37
hmmmmm.... okai, think i got it now :)

so basically half the dmg for the refering gun you want with akimbo, aye? same for frequency i guess and so on.... could be an idea.... but as people said above, we tried to make RM give us akimbo in beta allready, either they don't like dual wielded guns...... or... something else =)

anyway, would still be fun of corz

LTA
01-01-04, 17:44
Originally posted by Thane
hmmmmm.... okai, think i got it now :)

so basically half the dmg for the refering gun you want with akimbo, aye? same for frequency i guess and so on.... could be an idea.... but as people said above, we tried to make RM give us akimbo in beta allready, either they don't like dual wielded guns...... or... something else =)

anyway, would still be fun of corz

Yeah think you gettin there with it :p
Basically i know 2 libs etc would be insane but i want akimbo more for the look than for the extra stats, so maybe they could just do it anim and model but 1 weapon is basically "dud" and just appears like its shooting with no real extra effect.

I spose if they did it that way then everyone could do some certain akimbo's :D