PDA

View Full Version : to all vets and wannabe vets.....

NeoSpartan
01-01-04, 09:25
Well i play on saturn at the moment.. i played on pluto in early retail. I've been thinking about the game and how im glad i started playing again. Withall the bugs and sometimes boring periods w/ almost nothing new, i realize that there's a lot to look foward to. I remember when i was a noob all the helpfull people and the obvious VEts that were respected and whom their presence alone drew respect from everyone. I also remember a small group of people who pk'd senselessly and were hated/feared. Now i realize that's about all of saturn now. It's almost one big crackhead clan. Now granted i liked a bunch of crackheads and they weren't all bad.. they most were RP'ers as well... But that seems to be all that Saturn is now...

.. my point is simply this ... make the game fun again for noobs. With the game about to go retail v2.0 (BDOY), hopefully there should be an influx of new buyers and old veterens coming back. Don't go around sexing noobs and greifing them for the sake of feeling superior to an 0/2. Help them out.. show them where to go.. what to do.. who to look out for.. hell.. why not try RPing a bit? dont flame senselessly making this community degenerate into a 12yr old CS game. Give the noobs people for whom they can emulate. The one thing that'll make NC fun as hell again would be having 400+ people consistantly on a server. Last thing we need are noobs quitting because not only are there numerous bugs.. but the people that do play aren't worth staying for.

NeoSpartan
01-01-04, 09:35
and bitching about the game like kids could be done away with also...

do people expect the game to be changed if they type in caps act like children?

KK is not your mother and won't give in to that bullshit..

atleast KK is being consistant in not having a consistant PWN class of the game.. tank o cron.. pe'o'cron.. psi'o cron... it's always changing.. waiting for spyocron :D

Drake6k
01-01-04, 09:59
TO THE COMMUNITY:

Dont tell noobs to take out LEs like you always do!!! Tell them to leave it in!!!!!!

TO KK:

Make a GIANT notice on the BDoY box about pvp and how the LE chip has no penalties and to LEAVE IT IN.

problem solved.

Vampire222
01-01-04, 12:45
even better, change the le to a headbone... that way le'd ppl got no penalty at all.... except for osme piercing :P

Leebzie
01-01-04, 13:54
I started in January, well, to say the least, I used to carry drugs to try and speed me up if anything other than a mob moved near me.

:( And a PA-Level tank stole my brand new slotted G-launcher the first time I used it (yea, I know his name :p) What really hurt was the fact he had no use for it at all, but I did. This was before QB's btw, so I was frantically dragging it to my inv lol.

Pluto in early retail was a matter of avoiding higher levels, what faction were you ?

Ryuben
01-01-04, 14:40
[edit still drunk posted on wrong thread]

Tratos
01-01-04, 15:04
Originally posted by Ryuben
[edit still drunk posted on wrong thread]

rofl, but anyway, i used to get PK'd all the time when i was a n00b. i used to crap myself and get annoyed loads, but now im ok, i have a highish lvl alt to attempt to sort out pl who PK me, lol now i just have a fear of plasma, i hear plasma i run like hell, lol

~T

Felissa
01-01-04, 15:39
My clan was known as a 1 man hacker clan before I joined. After that it was a 1-man-hacker-plus-one (later two) -nice-ladies-clan.

I like to introduce people into RP and the game, and I hope there will be many others who still will do the same.

Thane
01-01-04, 17:27
o-m-g .......

2 letters ... as allways... LE

some more words: what do you think it is supposed to be for?!?!?!? you don't wanna be gamked, let it in.... it's normal to be killed in PvP games when you say no to safety..... every tried playing daoc on a pvp server? lol... neocron is a nice place compared to those morons :)

ezza
01-01-04, 18:51
so basically i think your saying saturn is just full of pkers?

dont see a problem myself:D :angel:

NeoSpartan
02-01-04, 08:01
obviously ezza can't distinguish the difference....

NDA pk'd as well but there were obvious methods they used that didnt rush off newbs ....

..acting like a fucktwat and going omg sex makes you a lamer btw :)

sanityislost
02-01-04, 08:22
Well In TH on pluto everyone there helps noobs out as much as possible, cause we need more ppl in there who want to get this game moving

NeoSpartan
02-01-04, 08:42
FA's in general are a bit more helpfull and can understand what Roleplaying is .. fa> all :p

Birkoff
02-01-04, 08:45
Originally posted by Drake6k
TO THE COMMUNITY:

Dont tell noobs to take out LEs like you always do!!! Tell them to leave it in!!!!!!

TO KK:

Make a GIANT notice on the BDoY box about pvp and how the LE chip has no penalties and to LEAVE IT IN.

problem solved.

That would be a great idea.......

Maybe list 3 or 4 things. Be nice to know about the uberness of guards and roaming the city as a new player as well. IE if your BD don't wonder into P1 :)

sanityislost
02-01-04, 08:46
Originally posted by NeoSpartan
FA's in general are a bit more helpfull and can understand what Roleplaying is .. fa> all :p

hehe yuppers FA > ALL

KimmyG
02-01-04, 09:33
Any real player shouldn't get discouraged cause of a few pkers and a few assholes. What would discourage a nib is bugs, Gm issuses and support issuses.

NeoSpartan
02-01-04, 09:51
you're absolutely right.. but sometimes i can't find anyone on but noobs and dickheads..

and if didnt know what i know now about there still being decent people playing.. i'd put NC down :)

and there's more than few assholes on saturn.. :)

GT_Rince
02-01-04, 12:17
As most know, I have recently moved over to Saturn as the play style on Pluto was getting a bit stale. Granted, I miss my friends there, but Saturn keeps me on my toes. I have been PKed more in the last couple of weeks than I ever have on Pluto :D

ezza
02-01-04, 13:27
Originally posted by GT_Rince
As most know, I have recently moved over to Saturn as the play style on Pluto was getting a bit stale. Granted, I miss my friends there, but Saturn keeps me on my toes. I have been PKed more in the last couple of weeks than I ever have on Pluto :D

good to see people on saturn can PK the life out of people:D

ass for friends you soon make more, i mean im in a clan now where most of the members were once my enemies:eek:

Crest
02-01-04, 13:29
I have built a up a good relationship with Clan memebers ... to the extent that I have their logons ... so I can see their progress and stuff....

2 Things with this thread.... Saturn seems to become a pk mess, steps forward the twats who camp GR at MB ... You know who you are .....

I understand where you comming from , the assumption on servers like saturn is that cause its a 4 player server, everyone has a hi level alt, and there fore must be killed ... this is no always the case

It is very time consuming to help a complete noob out ... I know As I have done this plenty of times.

Most important thing in game at start is cash.... A little knowledge and cash is waht you need, The guys I have helped out, always get about 300k starting boost, and this seems to be enough as after that they always play catch up nwith cash and have enough. I get it back in kind and goodwill, like the clan currently owns 300 C10's and 280 C9's and 8's 45 million in cash when converted...so cash.

One more thing is trust, how do you know the person on the other side is not a spy trying to infiltrate your clan. you don't but hey nothingyou do is much of a surprise anyways. You go take an op and they know quick enough. Rule of thums there is simple... If there is no conflict then your welcome...I have a few member sin prominent enemy clans, and as long as I am fighjting them, and their alts do not show up it can stay that way...

Yes be nice to noobs... I remeber doing a epic kill in sewers, when I saw a 1/6 tamk down there.... Asked him if he was new or had alts ... he was new so I dumped 100k on him .. Hope that does not ruin the game but make it a little easier