PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Neofrag!

Benjie
01-01-04, 07:51
Neofrag started off as an amazing idea, and in practase it's good, but it's not 'w00t w00t' good. So loosen up noobs and listen up too, Neofrag needs to take itself less seriously!
Upon entering Neofrag all players for the duration of the deathmatch should cap runspeed and all weapons cap aim and recoil.
I also think that I think it's quite easy to code.
Hell if they want to be super ambitious then perhaps they could place switches that up stats by +10, up combat skills by +100, and cap stamina, but I probabally that is more disagreable by some people.

Before you vote, take into consideration that Neofrag is supposed to be fun, and it's not supposed to be a safe place to test your resist setup.

Take that shit to the test server! :p Just kiddin' ;)

Keiron
01-01-04, 08:00
TBH, I think NF should have different types. One for like duels, one for Free for All, one for team wars, one for CTF, and finally an "Op war NF". If KK put that in, then charged players for "renting" NF it would be a pretty good money sink as well as a place to learn to PvP.
PS Sorry if this doesn’t quite make sense - I'm a "wee" bit drunk atm.

Benjie
01-01-04, 08:04
Originally posted by Keiron
TBH, I think NF should have different types. One for like duels, one for Free for All, one for team wars, one for CTF, and finally an "Op war NF". If KK put that in, then charged players for "renting" NF it would be a pretty good money sink as well as a place to learn to PvP.
naw it makes sence, i agree. OP Neofrag would just be a little like capture the flag anyway.

All I am really saying is that people fight all the time, and there are several places to test your skillz with each other using a ppu to rez, why go to Neofrag? I think it would be cool if they made it more like a Virtual Reality Unreal Torament.

Psycho_Soldier
01-01-04, 08:50
I think Neofrag should stay the way it is, except remove the bugs with it. If it was to have alot of features like Keiron suggested I doubt I would ever go to another fight outside of Neofrag... :lol:

I also completely disagree with the original post by the thread starter.

g0rt
01-01-04, 08:56
Neofrag is good but needs the bugs removed. What bugs?

- things "sticking" on you when you leave NF
- damage displaying incorrectly (happens ALOT aka takes 70hp off you but shows 100hp going off to the other player)
- the scoring system is just plain fucked i mean theres no other word for it
- syncing out takes forever and is extremely annoying
- weapon refresh things are a joke why not just make them set you up with the same items you had when you first came into NF
- decks can get "bugged" aka it says 0/2 players and doesn't let anyone in :confused:
- you should respawn full hp, the whole half hp respawn bit is just gay
- if you use 3+ drugs and die you gotta relog :rolleyes:

shall i go on?

i think these kinda things should be FIXED before neofrag should be changed at all....

Keiron
01-01-04, 09:00
I dunno about you, but if I have ANY drugs going when I die (and thus the drug flash comes up), I have to relog. It seems to be linked to the drug flash, as it doesn’t happen if the flash wears off before I die.

Psycho_Soldier
01-01-04, 09:05
TBH, I actually like it when someone has to relog after dying because they have to use 3 drugs. That to me means that they died taking alot of drugs trying to kill me and they still lost, makes them look pathetic and weak, and should stay in. Infact it should happen if you use any drugs, or at least do something that has a similar effect, like makes them glow or something, so I can at least tell how many drugs they took if any so they can't lie and say they took none.

Keiron
01-01-04, 09:07
Heh, if drugs made your character glow... I would be like a beacon of light. At one point, my PE would drug to Disruptor for fights. That defiantly raised a "few" eyebrows.

g0rt
01-01-04, 09:11
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
TBH, I actually like it when someone has to relog after dying because they have to use 3 drugs. That to me means that they died taking alot of drugs trying to kill me and they still lost, makes them look pathetic and weak, and should stay in. Infact it should happen if you use any drugs, or at least do something that has a similar effect, like makes them glow or something, so I can at least tell how many drugs they took if any so they can't lie and say they took none.

Thats weak. Just weak. Multiple times in the past I have had to drug multiple times because I was in the middle of changing imp/skill setups when I was challanged to a duel. I always go through with it, though....even if i have to drug up the ass to get my char up to speed.

I went into a duel once and lost, with all but my head implants out...yeah i was drugged up the ass....xray resist potion, poison resist potion, redflash, whiteflash, paratomol forte...lol....all just to get hte stats I would normally have BACK....not to mention i had to use my regular destrisol forte. I was like /70 or something over my regular /65 (f'in bugged ranks)

So what? Don't judge a book by its cover, its not cool.

Spectra260
01-01-04, 09:14

EXACTLY!!

and they also need to make it so when you respawn after you die you start with fucking full health...

I HATE dieing then having to hide in a corner somewhere to heal before i get fucked up when its FFA...

Drake6k
01-01-04, 09:49
Neofrag has always been a great place to practice and test your character. I dont think there should be any changes in players stats, maybe infinate stamina... but that is all. What we really need is a gamespy type menu on the homecom (citycom in apartment) that lets you join Neofrag games from there. People would use it A LOT then... would make neocron a much much more fun game at high levels. Or... if kk is lazy... turn the plaza 1 venture warp into neofrag lol.

Spectra260
01-01-04, 10:46
Originally posted by Drake6k
Neofrag has always been a great place to practice and test your character. I dont think there should be any changes in players stats, maybe infinate stamina... but that is all. What we really need is a gamespy type menu on the homecom (citycom in apartment) that lets you join Neofrag games from there. People would use it A LOT then... would make neocron a much much more fun game at high levels. Or... if kk is lazy... turn the plaza 1 venture warp into neofrag lol.

thats a very good idea too and i like it alot...and i wish it would happen...

w00t MJS make them devs do this to neofrag:D

Sefran
01-01-04, 12:46
The healers should work instantly so ur health is back at full, cause its so annoying u have to stand there waiting until u can go again.

Dade Murphey
01-01-04, 12:54
I'm saying I strongly agree on the fact that something needs to be changed with NF...but the idea I like most of all is Keiron's idea...that would be a great way for new and old players to learn what they need to compete in combat

Leebzie
01-01-04, 13:59
I dont think skills should ALWAYS be maxed out because neofrag is a great place to duel with your char, not a maxed one.

Its definately a good idea you should be able to choose a +combat modifier, so this should probably be set by the host...

Oh, can we have an intergrated dueling system ? something that like... drops competetors down a slide into a huge pit of death :D (with a timer so you both fall into the arena and play at the same time , no more having to count for a duel)

Ascension
01-01-04, 14:08

I Think this idea is pretty cool, but also they should keep some decks as they are now (minus the bugs)

Oath
01-01-04, 14:15
Just make it a total fps, selectable equipment etc or at least pickups, it'd be a nice addition. NF that is.