PDA

View Full Version : any 3 player computer games?

iainy13
01-01-04, 05:42
ahh 3 players or more computer games at the same time on the same computer using the keyboard only? anyone know any? not like heroes 3 where its turnbased but where we can all play at the same time. anyone know any?

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 06:09
man that would be insane :D

one on numpad, one on cursors, one on WASD. would be awesomw

but i dont think are any apart from turnbased

robinitnow
01-01-04, 06:14
tron on the BBC was four players on the one keybourd

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 06:22
4 :eek:

now that is mad

but Tron pwns :D

Scikar
01-01-04, 06:58
Wouldn't work anyway. Most keyboards don't accept pressing more than 2 keys at once (shift, alt, control excluded). If you can get a couple of cheap gamepads though have a look at Micro Machines, there was one a while ago that you could play with like 8 people at one comp, fairly old though. Had a system where two people could share a gamepad lol. Also if you can get a gamepad or two there's FIFA etc, and the NHL games are usully good fun, besides that your only real options are taking turns at Colin McRae, all playing Monkey Island and working together, or Who Wants to be a Millionaire. :lol:]

GTA might work, I've played it a few times before where you just say if you get busted or killed you pass it on, nobody's allowed to do missions. :p

EDIT: Wait I got one! Armagetron. (http://armagetron.sourceforge.net) Can't believe I didn't think of it before when Tron was mentioned. It's just the lightcycles from Tron, the original version doesn't really look like the film but there's moviepack sounds, textures and models which do.

CyTeCH
01-01-04, 11:43
well theres the best ever invented multiplayer game on the planet....ATOMIC BOMBER MAN!!!! allows up to 8 players over lan and i think 4 on one pc

LTA
01-01-04, 14:27
WORMS!

Mumblyfish
01-01-04, 14:33
Get a console? I hear they do stuff!

Tratos
01-01-04, 14:55
Worms Armagedon and World Party are like the BESTEST multiplayer with one pc games EVAAAARRRRR

~T

MrBane
01-01-04, 16:51
Any, and almost all, MAME ROMS. Arcade ROMS, they're good for it. Have a joystick handy and you can get three players easily.

Cruzbroker
01-01-04, 17:39
The Ultimate Tapan Kaikki 3 (http://www.errorfree.eu.org/games.php)
Phobia III
both Finnish games :p

Old keyboards used to have like 12 keys working at the same time, but these days it's around 2-3, sucks, you can't really play multiplayer games on one keyboard anymore..

Omnituens
01-01-04, 17:46
imagine 3 ppl on one keyboard lol

worst is micro machine v3 on the PSX

2 mutlitaps and 8 pads, each player uses half a pad =16 PLAYERS

16 ppl crowded in 1 room around 1 PSX :lol:

Cruzbroker
01-01-04, 17:50
My friends n I a loooong time ago used to play 8 player Micromachines 2 with SEGA Megadrive 2 :p
Soooo fun....

shodanjr_gr
01-01-04, 19:08
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
My friends n I a loooong time ago used to play 8 player Micromachines 2 with SEGA Megadrive 2 :p
Soooo fun....

Lol yeah!!! Wasnt that the one that had intergrated controller ports ON the game cartidge??

Omnituens
01-01-04, 20:21
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Lol yeah!!! Wasnt that the one that had intergrated controller ports ON the game cartidge??
yeah, it was amazing

Cruzbroker
01-01-04, 20:21
Yeah, it was controled from arrows and ABC buttons, like 2 players on 1 controler :) (I don't believe megadrive 2 had 4 ports on it?)

Also we tried playing 2 cars at once..

nostalgy..

KeithMyath
03-01-04, 18:49
best three person game _ever_:

visit http://www.the-underdogs.org
search "rampart" in the title search

damn its freaking sweet, 1-3 players using keyboard for two and a third player on the mouse.

CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE LAZY, come on, I know you don't even care. (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2011)

McEvoy
03-01-04, 19:39
play worms WORMS . fun hot seat game , three players can play on the same comp, its alot like Gun Bound . Also age of wonders and Hero's of might and Magic,

all of these are hot seat games which three people can play on the same comp, there all turn based though.

--- oh wait , i wasn't reading hard enuf, you dont want a turn based game... ...i know some car raceing sims that 2 people can play at the same time, i just need to find them.. hold on

Omnituens
03-01-04, 19:46
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Yeah, it was controled from arrows and ABC buttons, like 2 players on 1 controler :) (I don't believe megadrive 2 had 4 ports on it?)

Also we tried playing 2 cars at once..

nostalgy..
the micro machine cartridge had 2 ports intergrated into it, so 2 on the console + 2 on the game = 4 ports

2 person on each pad = 8 players

as i stated before, the PS version could have 16, though how you could even get that many ppl into 1 room, around 1 telly AND have 2 on each joypad is beyond my :lol:

Momo Katzius
03-01-04, 19:54
Micro Machines

but you need a fast keyboard controler

amfest
03-01-04, 19:58
Scorched earth :P . . .

(serious sam? .. lol )

what about emulators playing mario cart? .. or something .lol