PDA

View Full Version : A few DoY questions...

L0KI
01-01-04, 05:11
These may have been answered already, but its new years eve and im wankered to say the least.

1. When DoY is released, will the original game be playable for a certain amount of time? or will DoY need to be purchased on day of release to continue playing?

2. I assume servers will be down for a day or 2 at least to upgrade to DoY. Am i right?

3. Will the new pulisher actually manage to get the game onto highstreet shelves for the day of release? Or will it be a case of order online and wait for decades?

PS - sorry to be a pain in the ass - these are just a few of the things ive been pondering over regarding the DoY release.

Oath
01-01-04, 05:33
dunno but i cant afford to buy it atm :( lol

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 05:41
Maybe Danae can buy it for you. :p

robinitnow
01-01-04, 06:16
MJS has not said yet

wate for the offishule relece

KimmyG
01-01-04, 06:23
1. I think they plan on releaseing info in the next 2 months. With most games you dont need the expansion to play, but I think you might need to get DoY to continue to play.

2. Dont know but I would say yes there would be some down time but I think 2 days is a little much.

3. Well I dont think the pub is activision or EA so I doubt it will be a big release. However I dont think you can do a worse release than CDV. Hell Cd key fuck I mean whatn was that?

Vampire222
01-01-04, 12:46
EA EA EA EA....

IceStorm
01-01-04, 13:00
Hell Cd key fuck I mean whatn was that?
Their way of ensuring you bought a physical box to play the game, and thus made them some money.

Danae
01-01-04, 19:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Maybe Danae can buy it for you. :p

Or I could just move in with him and let him use my copy? Never before have I *really* wanted to shout KOS at a customer before :p You have the power Shadow Dancer!

netster
02-01-04, 10:40
omg nae ..... dont!!!!!

:P eLVis-

Jeros82
02-01-04, 12:06
For as far as i know, they want to release DoY before the 2nd Quarter 2004, you don't have to pay for the DoY expansion and if they are smart while switching to DoY server, they put up a backup server to make sure if anything goes wrong they still have a server ;)

tuxy
02-01-04, 12:56
Originally posted by Jeros82
you don't have to pay for the DoY expansion

didnt MJs make a post where he said you would have to pay for DOY as its going to be bigger than they had originaly planned

L0KI
02-01-04, 12:57
Originally posted by tuxy
didnt MJs make a post where he said you would have to pay for DOY as its going to be bigger than they had originaly planned

true ;)

athon
02-01-04, 13:05
The post is here: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=83797

Dunno why it was unstickied. It would be nice to have a sticky post that has as much as possible of the official information currently available about DoY in.

Athon Solo

ElfinLord
02-01-04, 13:07
Originally posted by tuxy
As LOKI said this is very true, but please let's not start that debate again.

The answers to most of the questions in that thread came in the first 30 posts, but no one really bothered to read any of it, so the thread lasted well longer than it should have. ;)

This is basically how it went:

WAH!! WAH!! I's not gonna be fwee! WAH!! WAH!! They pwomist! They all liars! MJS is a liar! WAH!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, my suggestion is to wait for the official announcement. It should be here soon. MJS is supposed to be back from vacation today or tomorrow, maybe we will learn something new then. :D

*prays to the Almighty Crahn for some insight from MJS*

Originally posted by athon
The post is here: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=83797

Dunno why it was unstickied. It would be nice to have a sticky post that has as much as possible of the official information currently available about DoY in.

Athon Solo
It was unstickied, because after the first 30 posts it was nothing but a bunch of whining and complaining about the fact that it wouldn't be free and people worried about their FPS. Then of course there were the countless numbers of times the same question was asked when the answers were in the first 30 posts.