PDA

View Full Version : Neocron For XBox Live or Playstation Online

PenguinNick
01-01-04, 03:57
Would you play it?

Haxxor
01-01-04, 04:02
Stupid idea how will the XBOX + PS handle Fatals?

PenguinNick
01-01-04, 04:04
The idea would be that some of that would have to be fixed for the XBox / PS2 but that wasn't the question, the question was would you play it, assuming it was fine running and all

ben77890
01-01-04, 04:09
No, but it would be great to pvp against them, they couldnt handle the lag ^^

Spectra260
01-01-04, 04:11
no,

how the fuck do u expect to PvP with a controller?

Cerebus
01-01-04, 04:15
Um, no, I dont like consoles.

They couldn't play against PCs anyway, they would get owned.
It was tried with , i think, UT2003, and the consoles couldn't keep up. - not the machines, just the controllerers are no match for a mouse+keyboard setup.

Cerebus

BTW, Happy New Year :)

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 04:16
nope some games are just meant to stay on the PC

how the fuck do u expect to PvP with a controller?

With great difficulty :p

PenguinNick
01-01-04, 04:27
aight let me rephrase it a bit, just the PvM style

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 04:28
i dont think MMOG's fit onto console, you just put the PvM in you might as well make it a SP FPS for the XBOX or something

IceStorm
01-01-04, 04:43
i dont think MMOG's fit onto console,
Ever hear of Final Fantasy XI? MMORPG on the PS2...

Unlike the XBOX, one can plug a keyboard into the PS2 and have it be supported by properly licensed games.

Keiron
01-01-04, 04:45
Uh, PS2 I suppose. Don't think Neocron really fits any console very well thou. I suppose you would make a PvM "Super Metroid" style Neocron for like the gameboy or somethin.

L0KI
01-01-04, 04:59
no.

Waste of valuable KK time, waste of money buying a PS2/X Box game at £40.00

so, a big fat NO from me. Sorry.

Mattimeo
01-01-04, 05:27
No, I don't think so. Mainly because if I have a choice I;d rather play the PC version. Not to mention I don't think KK could ever clean up the code enough, if I lag on my connection with my computer (that can run much more graphically intensive games, much faster) I can only imagine what it would run like on a PS2...

I think KK would play hell just trying to get an SDK with their level of game quality (from a strickly performance point of view)

Oath
01-01-04, 05:34
Originally posted by PenguinNick
Would you play it?

I'd try it.....

i think mebbe itd ruin it though........ cant type sex :p

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 05:56
Originally posted by IceStorm
Ever hear of Final Fantasy XI? MMORPG on the PS2...

Unlike the XBOX, one can plug a keyboard into the PS2 and have it be supported by properly licensed games.

Ever heard of a personal opinion ?

ElfinLord
01-01-04, 07:29
Yes, but only if my PC took a complete shit and I had NO other way of getting my NeoCrack!!!!!!!! :D :p

IceStorm
01-01-04, 10:01
Ever heard of a personal opinion
You said:

i dont think MMOG's fit onto console,
Which I took to mean you thought there were no MMOs that would run on a console. I was correcting you. FFXI runs on a console, and has for some time. It requires the hard disk add-on, but it does run on the PS2.

If were trying to say they shouldn't be on consoles, then that I agree is an opinion and my initial reply doesn't apply.

J. Folsom
01-01-04, 15:14

This reminds me way too much of another forum I used to frequent, people there used to post all the time saying "WOULD YOU PLAY [Game removed because of forum rules thingamajig] ON PS2?!?!?!!?!!?", it was annoying as heck, especially when the developers started seriously considering it, and people started making "good" suggestions about it >.>

So anyway, automatic no from me, just for reminding me of something which annoyed the heck out of me.

Omnituens
01-01-04, 16:42
I WOULD get a PS2 version

1) The game would be designed to be used with that particular hardware setup (as it is constant) therefore will be STABLE
2) the graphics engine could be optimised for the console, leading to better FPS
3) slap a keyboard and mouse in, now controls are identical to PC
4) with the new HD for the PS2, patching wouldnt be a problem

however, i think it is beyond KK to release a console version, both financially and practically.

Cruzbroker
01-01-04, 16:47
@haxxor, it would not have any fre's or synchs on PS2, because everyone has the same system, connection does matter then only, and PS2 is broadband only... (I took your comment as a joke, but I answer anyway..)

I don't like MOHAA etc. FPS made for consoles because of their suck aim, so no.

Thane
01-01-04, 17:22
fuck, no.....

why the hell should i play a game on a console if i can play it on a real system?!?!?

voted NO. now go away :D

ichinin
04-01-04, 23:23
Originally posted by GambitFlame
nope some games are just meant to stay on the PC

>> how the fuck do u expect to PvP with a controller?

With great difficulty :p

That is your opinion, Mine is that it takes a minute or two to get used to the (XBox) controller but it's _not_ difficult. I'm 30 now, so if you younger people cannot do it... well - Stay on the PC.

Mumblyfish
04-01-04, 23:40
If it was on the GameCube with Metroid Prime controls and battle system, and if it were set in the Metroid universe and called Metroid Online, then yes.

In other words - no.

alig
04-01-04, 23:42
No.... W A S D keys + mouse > all

Psycho Killa
04-01-04, 23:43
I despise playing fps' with a controler.

Ive never liked any fps on a system and the few I did I thought would be 100x better on a pc.

Whiety Bulger
04-01-04, 23:46
It probably wouldn't work that well but all the horny little kiddes will fork over the 10 bucks month just to look at the nekkid ladies............consoles have greater exposure especially for kids who might not be to computer savvy.

Psyco Groupie
05-01-04, 00:00
HTF would ps2 get more than 1 fps on neocron ? LOL

Whiety Bulger
05-01-04, 00:03
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
HTF would ps2 get more than 1 fps on neocron ? LOL

Hmm.... PS2 is starting to show it's age isn't it ):

REMUS
05-01-04, 00:21
i dont understand why they both cant have mouse and keyboard for both ps2 and xbox, like the dreamcast?

Babes
05-01-04, 12:37
In theory yes i wouldl play it on an xbox but.

Technically

Xbox has a 733mhz Celeron and 64MB of memory and i (Think) NViada Gforce 2 compatable graphics Card, 8-10GB

I dont think it would be upto it. The memory alone would probably let it down. Also the xbox will only (ONLY) connect to xbox live (unmodified).

You could get Neocron to run on the XBOX but not without extensive modifications. i.e. MODCHIP Bios / add another 64MB / USB Conversion cable for Gamports to use Keyboard/Mouse and an 80GB HD and probably a new DVD Drive (As Microsoft did use some substandard drives to read DVD-9 format) windows and the NEOCRON client.

(But you could never play xbox live games again becasue of many security features you just destroyed)

But as we only play neocron what the hell :0