PDA

View Full Version : TH is sweetness for PvP now

joran420
31-12-03, 22:33
So last night me and a few clannies decided we were gonna try and raid TH(even though they have this sweet new security) first time we tried to just run past the turretts...that didnt work so well....so we went back and decided to lvl off the turrets and sure enough within 15-20 mins a small army was sent to dispatch us. we lost...but we got the PvP we had wanted when we first went there

so with the new TH security we get a new PvP place instead of straight gankings...i liek

Krll
31-12-03, 23:28
You're happy with PvP even though you lost? You're not screaming for nerfs 'cos the other person was "exploiting"?

You must be one in a million person in this game. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you have plenty more fun in the future. :)

-Krll

Opar
31-12-03, 23:29
Originally posted by Krll
You're happy with PvP even though you lost? You're not screaming for nerfs 'cos the other person was "exploiting"?

You must be one in a million person in this game. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you have plenty more fun in the future. :)

-Krll

ditto

joran420
31-12-03, 23:34
bah i dont care whether i win or lose too much(I lose alot :P) Its the fight thats fun :)

and im just glad we finally found a fight...I was hunting FF in CRP and couldnt find any....I was checking MB ....I didnt check PP...cause i hear thats a death sentance these days

[edit] im not so sure the rest of the ppl with me were as happy with the outcome as i was....I was stoked though...this type of stuff is exactly why i cancelled my FF acct to come back to NC

El Barto
31-12-03, 23:50
You are not allowed to PK in TH Sector 1 any way (on Pluto at least) according to a GM. I really was having fun then.

Mumblyfish
01-01-04, 00:08
[edited for violation of the forum rules - if you hav eany issue with GM's please address it to abuse@neocron.com otherwise leave it off the forums as a ban is usually in order for baseless statements such as yours]

Glok
01-01-04, 00:47
Originally posted by El Barto
You are not allowed to PK in TH Sector 1 any way (on Pluto at least) according to a GM.That's total nonsense. Report the GM to KK.

edit: Ok makes sense now.

El Barto
01-01-04, 00:50
Originally posted by Glok
That's total nonsense. Report the GM to KK.

How do I do that, I have the chat logs saved and screen shots of what he said, but where do I send it?

bounty
01-01-04, 00:54
Originally posted by El Barto
How do I do that, I have the chat logs saved and screen shots of what he said, but where do I send it?

el barto: you can't pk in TH sector 1 for a very valid reason. People are invisible to one another. This goes for friend and foe. I've done numerous tests on this and i have no idea what causes this, but it is very frusterating to be getting shot by runners you don't see.

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 00:59
Read this

http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86259

There is your clarification. Get with the program already people, just because you don't like what a GM tells you doesn't make it wrong or an abuse of their powers. Now i have some sheets to update so next time before you are so eager to accuse a GM of corruption think first.

Please check your e-mails

KimmyG
01-01-04, 01:07
If its a bugged thing and against the rules why isn't there a post made like when turrents are were bugged in the underground they made an offical post saying you couldn't do it.

Mercuri
01-01-04, 01:10
You are not allowed to PK in TH Sector 1 any way (on Pluto at least) according to a GM. I really was having fun then.

Prior to the last patch there were clipping issues with the
TH1 sector and some players would be invisible. It's been
known by most that you are to refrain from PvP in this sector.

If I'm not mistaken there were turrets placed in this area and
PvP can now continue, however if a GM does ask you to leave
this area please do so immediately.

Mercuri

KimmyG
01-01-04, 01:13
So you can or cant PK there now?

Mumblyfish
01-01-04, 01:15
Originally posted by Mercuri

Mercuri

Thanks for the polite notice.

El Barto
01-01-04, 01:15
Originally posted by KimmyG
So you can or cant PK there now?

No idea, Mercuri just confused me there.

joran420
01-01-04, 01:17
i dunno and dont care this wasnt sector 1 this was sector 3 and i could definatly see them and them see me.....those turrets are some nasty business though

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 01:19
I don't think Mercuri made it totally clear as he may not have been aware of the real nature of the "no pvp in TH1" statement. Yes, turrets are there but the turrets do not address the issue of the invisibility bug so pvp is NOT allowed there. Merc may have been unaware of that aspect.

g0rt
01-01-04, 01:29
wouldn't a post here (http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=55) solve this from happening in the future?

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 01:31
a post there (http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=55) is coming soon g0rt. In the meantime whats here will suffice and since you've posted here I'll take it as a given that you are now aware of the policy.

IceStorm
01-01-04, 01:37
If you don't want PvP in a zone, why not just flip the switch to convert the zone to a safezone instead of expecting everyone to "know" that PvP is off-limits?

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 01:38
what switch ?

IceStorm
01-01-04, 01:42
The same zone switch that sets Plaza and VR zones, and TG/CM apts to safezones...

I realize it'll probably require a server reboot or a tiny patch, but it's a hell of a lot better than creating player unrest by having GMs not all on the same page...

joran420
01-01-04, 01:43
lol...well wtf happened to my thread praising the PvP in TH(not the sector u cant PK in but the rest of TH...) since the upped guards...there are actually ppl in TH that come fight and defend their homes

Syntax-Error
01-01-04, 01:45
ok. ive been in the loop on this for a while ( mainly cos i post a billion bug reports before i managed to get a GM to come take a look ) but at first Mercuri was the GM dealing and tried many things to sort the problem to no avail (but thnx for trying :D) so he stopped the clan that was using the bug ( knowing or unknowning who cares ) from entering TH1. they agreed been nice guys and all. then the defence was placed so we had no problems. no again were at war with a nutral so turrets have no effect and once again the bug was being used ( knowing or unknowing who cares again ) as such we called a GM again and he attempted to deal with it. again no avail and as such the GMs have now stated and i quote "No PvP is allowed in TH1, any PvP will land you with a temp ban" (this was on pluto btw). as such any PvP there will get a temp ban ( yes this uncludes us angels ) this is due to the fact the bug needs a patch to fix (so im hoping will be fixed next patch :D )

Beanie McChimp
01-01-04, 02:26
Originally posted by Mercuri

Mercuri

Is this on all servers? and if we do it is it a bannable offence?

Syntax-Error
01-01-04, 02:27
Ignoring a GM is a bannable offence you know.

KimmyG
01-01-04, 02:29
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Ignoring a GM is a bannable offence you know.

Then whats the deal when one GM tells you one thing and a higher GM tells you something differn't.

Trillian
01-01-04, 02:31
Ha. That bug has been around for close to a year now, if they havent fixed it by now they prolly never will. Besides, the only reason ppl raid that section of TH1 is so they can camp the appt lifts and zone hop. If you have any skill whatsoever you would stick to the hallways of TH1, or stay in TH2. That's what everyone who arent lamers just comming to gank ppl zoning down from their appts do....

Syntax-Error
01-01-04, 02:36
You listen to the highest ranking GM. or a Dev. and you can always report a GM as stated in callash's post.

Lexxuk
01-01-04, 02:39
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
I don't think Mercuri made it totally clear as he may not have been aware of the real nature of the "no pvp in TH1" statement. Yes, turrets are there but the turrets do not address the issue of the invisibility bug so pvp is NOT allowed there. Merc may have been unaware of that aspect.

Make ur mind up Gotter, in one thread your saying...

I honestly do not understand what the clarification is you want, you were already told by a GM in-game. It doesn't get any higher then that.

And then, a Senior GM says "PvP in TH1 is allowed", and you say "ignore the GM, its not allowed!" This is where all the confusion comes from, one GM saying one thing, someone else saying something different.

Now, based on this thread, and until an actual GM says different, PvP "IS" now allowed, but if a GM asks you to leave, you must, but now if another GM comes in and says "PvP is NOT allowed", its just going to breed even more confusion.

Personally, I'm sticking with the "PvP is allowed in TH1" simply because it came from a GM, and until another, higher ranking GM states differently, then, what Mercuri, as a GM said (and is the only official GM clarification on this issue) goes.

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 02:42
Originally posted by KimmyG
Then whats the deal when one GM tells you one thing and a higher GM tells you something differn't.

How are you differentiating between GM's & higher GM's ?

Anyway Kimmy since you read it here you are now well aware of it. Anyplace there is a TH#1, on all the servers it isn't allowed. Are we all on the same page now ?

p.s. and Lexx, there is no confusion now, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ??? This was set forth by Danae, you know, Danae the Reakktor Employee. No pvp in TH #1 sector, it doesn't get clearer then that Lexx. However if you feel like the gambling type try it out, maybe you'll get "lucky" :D

joran420
01-01-04, 02:43
damn u guys jacking my lighthearted thread with all this serious crap

Lexxuk
01-01-04, 02:45
Originally posted by joran420
damn u guys jacking my lighthearted thread with all this serious crap

I blame the mods :lol: :lol: :lol:

[drop it lexx, it's made clear as an azure sky]

Syntax-Error
01-01-04, 02:49
[damnit]

Lexxuk
01-01-04, 02:54
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
p.s. and Lexx, there is no confusion now, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ??? This was set forth by Danae, you know, Danae the Reakktor Employee. No pvp in TH #1 sector, it doesn't get clearer then that Lexx. However if you feel like the gambling type try it out, maybe you'll get "lucky" :D

Where? O_o I just searched all of Nae's threads for the past month, well, last month anyhow :lol: and not one reference to TH, the only valid, and up to date statement on TH1, post patch, is from Mercuri.

Besides, nae wuvs me ;)

Syntax-Error
01-01-04, 03:01
danae visited TH herself and made the statement

shodanjr_gr
01-01-04, 03:04
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
danae visited TH herself and made the statement

Did she make the statement on local or something?

Cause i cant find any relevant posts either.

Gotterdammerung
01-01-04, 03:15
Sorry to joran, but do to some density in the air tonight I gotta close this. It's gone way off track and it's to the point where though everyone can easily see what the message is about it's gotta be nitpicked to death. Look for that "Official" statement coming to a forum near you. In the meantime if you wanna pvp in TH # 1 and you feel like a gambling man keep those words of Dirty Harry's in your mind "Do you feel lucky? well, do you ?"