PDA

View Full Version : Window mode?

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 18:48
Can i minimise neocron and still play and talk on msn? if so can someone tell me how to it please.

Tratos
31-12-03, 18:51
Alt + tab?

but beware this seems to increase FRE's and can give you a false impression of your buffs

is this what you mean or am i being a n00b?

~T

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 18:52
Thanks ill go try that.

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 18:55
It didnt minimise i'm sure you can minimise it.

Furion
31-12-03, 18:56
u can choose window mode by holding shft when u start NC, and choosing "window mode" when u select resolution....

Strych9
31-12-03, 18:57
1. Run Neocron in Windowed mode. This isnt good for PvP, but is great for just about anything else, espcially tradeskilling.

2. When in Windowed mode, just press the Windows key on your keyboard. This pops up the start menu, and kicks you out of Neocron. Seems a bit better than alt-tab.

3. Press the "Show Desktop" icon in your quick launch toolbar in Windows (or just click that icon no matter where you have it). That minimizes the Neocron window even though it normally cannot be minimized.

And there you have it.

I easily maintain AIM/ICQ chats while in game no problem.

pood
31-12-03, 19:24
in your neocron ini

PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1280x1024"

window size = size of the window after you go into window mode, i play in it all the time just have a higher ress than the other one,

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 19:57
Thanks for the help guys it isnt good for lvling but its good for loming. Mods close this thread if you want.

hudsonbeck
31-12-03, 19:59
If youu just want to minimize NC
hold down the flying windows key and press the M key.

Minimizes all windows (including fullscreen appa like NC)

Hudson

Beanie McChimp
01-01-04, 03:23
Oh cool thanks for that.

Thane
01-01-04, 17:43
hehe... why easy when it can be done in a hrad way, eh?

no one of you ever noticed the neat lil "configure neocron" option in the startmenue folder of neocron? shesh.... easy and safe.

but hey, shift is fun too, and why should the newbs use other functions than we had in beta! so... use the damn shift key. aye!