PDA

View Full Version : Faction? WTF is that?

Colt Starling
31-12-03, 16:38
Ahh the good ole days! I remember when your faction meant something. YOur allies were your allies and your enemies your enemies.

WTF has happened to this game? Seems faction dont mean shit now. PP has turned into a gang fuck and people PK anyone they see.

I'm crahn, and I've been randomly PK'd so many times by my allies nuterals and even my own faction that its pathetic.

I know this is a pvp game, but at least pvp for a reason. Oh and RP??? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA dont make me larf!

This game is starting to suck BIG time.

Syntax-Error
31-12-03, 16:48
Welcome to the real neocron.

ezza
31-12-03, 17:03
i have np following my factions listed allies and enemies from F6.

maybe you have given a reason for those allies to gank you, not been attacked by a allie without reason for long time(as in before the anti pK patch)

Benjie
31-12-03, 17:44
Originally posted by Colt Starling
Oh and RP??? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA dont make me larf!
Are you saying that Roleplay has nothing to do with Neocron? Live and let live my friend...

And btw factions should NOT determin whether or not you get PK'ed. Damn If every time I saw an enemy faction I ended up dead that would be teh sux. Look, Pepper Park is a frikkin gang run district, it's fuck all like plaza and if you go there you have a 75% chance of getting involved in a fight. Be street wise and run through, take the safe routes, take the subways. If you are getting PK'ed what clan are you in? Some clans have fucked up reputations and members get killed indiscriminately, and rightfully so in some occasions.

Colt Starling
01-01-04, 19:03
LOL.. take a chill pill dude.

shodanjr_gr
01-01-04, 19:12
Originally posted by Colt Starling
Ahh the good ole days! I remember when your faction meant something. YOur allies were your allies and your enemies your enemies.

WTF has happened to this game? Seems faction dont mean shit now. PP has turned into a gang fuck and people PK anyone they see.

I'm crahn, and I've been randomly PK'd so many times by my allies nuterals and even my own faction that its pathetic.

I know this is a pvp game, but at least pvp for a reason. Oh and RP??? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA dont make me larf!

This game is starting to suck BIG time.

Gotta agree. Especially on Sat the whole F6 window means nothing at all. Im crahn, i get Pked by PP, i get PKed by CM.
The faction window is useless. Players should determine the inter-faction relationships.

ezza
01-01-04, 19:14
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Gotta agree. Especially on Sat the whole F6 window means nothing at all. Im crahn, i get Pked by PP, i get PKed by CM.
The faction window is useless. Players should determine the inter-faction relationships.

well dunno about proto, but on saturn if you kill someone around the MB the mercs will kill you as they dont allow PKing on there grounds

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 19:18
Personally I think the whole faction system is flawed. I've said it countless times before, factions and being FORCED to choose one is like cookie cutter roleplaying.

sanityislost
02-01-04, 04:17
Well i dont know how it works on other servers but in FA on pluto our faction is kinda like one clan but with diffrent Divisions its chilled have had some problems recently but i think they will be fixed some point soon :).

As for killing allies and nutrals i only shoot if shot at mind you that goes the same for hostails but my apu is still kinda low level atm

GT_Rince
02-01-04, 14:59
On Saturn, I am NEXT. I get PKed more by City Mercs than anyone else - lol

I am all for peeps getting PKed, but only when they are able to defend themselves. One excuse I have heard recently is "I PK the noobs because most times they have a capped alt that they can log and come fight me"... What a crock of shit. What happens if they are a noob that has just started playing NC and they don't have any alts that can fight? Peeps that PK low lvl chars are just cowards - probably in RL as well...

shodanjr_gr
02-01-04, 15:03
Originally posted by ezza
well dunno about proto, but on saturn if you kill someone around the MB the mercs will kill you as they dont allow PKing on there grounds

Im talking about totally random RPK be it at CRP,PP,or aggies.

ezza
02-01-04, 15:11
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Im talking about totally random RPK be it at CRP,PP,or aggies. well never seen the mercs just random PK like that, if there 101st members then id say get in touch with Rith, if his clan get out of hand he normally sorts it out, as for some of the other merc clans, they have always been a bit dumb

GT_Rince
02-01-04, 15:27

So what happens when it is mercs doing the PKing ?

ezza
02-01-04, 15:46
Originally posted by GT_Rince
So what happens when it is mercs doing the PKing ?

well if i was still a merc, id say its merc territory and they can damn well do as they please.

however if they just pk'd you for no reason, contact the leader see what they have to say, but tbh its not the first time mercs have been off pking.

however if you have been and killed a tsunami or proto in the J01 area and the mercs get informed, then they will come and pk you r ass, as the CMA rule states any evil mofo seen pking at the Mb gets there ass handed to them.

if its any concilation Vetterox and Nish was pking all the mercs last night:lol:

GT_Rince
02-01-04, 15:50

if its any concilation Vetterox and Nish was pking all the mercs last night:lol:

Yup - makes me feel better :D

Strych9
02-01-04, 16:51
If players were left to determine factional politics, the game would be much worse off. I have ZERO faith in the PKing aspect of the player base. A lot of players already moan that they cannot easily PK every living player on the server due to the SL hit because of factional alliances.... what makes you think absent those constraints things will become civilized?

1. We need a faction thats against all other factions. But it must be tough... ALL factional guards are hostile to this faction. Not KOS, but certainly hostile. SL should be perm red, so these players would not be allowed in the safe confines of the city due to copbots shooting neg SL players. No Epic runs, and since factional sympathy would be negative for all factions, no chance to even do factional missions.

2. Otherwise, keep factions as they are.

shodanjr_gr
02-01-04, 17:01
Originally posted by Strych9
If players were left to determine factional politics, the game would be much worse off. I have ZERO faith in the PKing aspect of the player base. A lot of players already moan that they cannot easily PK every living player on the server due to the SL hit because of factional alliances.... what makes you think absent those constraints things will become civilized?

1. We need a faction thats against all other factions. But it must be tough... ALL factional guards are hostile to this faction. Not KOS, but certainly hostile. SL should be perm red, so these players would not be allowed in the safe confines of the city due to copbots shooting neg SL players. No Epic runs, and since factional sympathy would be negative for all factions, no chance to even do factional missions.

2. Otherwise, keep factions as they are.

1.It seems a bit too harsh, but i kinda like it.