PDA

View Full Version : Please tell WTF is wrong and how i fix it...

Endar
31-12-03, 13:27
OK so the problem is this, when i start Neocron it takes about 3 mins the get the Autoloader up, after that getting in to Neocron takes about 6 mins. It takes 10-15 trys to connect the server, it does not give any message why it fails (it actually does not even say it fails, it just wont connect). When i actually get in the game (abount 15mins later) the game works absolutely fine, no lag or anything. It just crashes without a reason after about 3mins. The game just shutsdown in a second and im back to WinXP. It gives no message why it did so. Now i have played Neocron with this same comp without any problems, but back then i used to have Win98. I dont think this can be the reason why the Neocron doesnt work properly. I have:

2ghz Intel Celeron
Radeon 9100 (old but hey it still works :) )
512mb ddr ram
80gb Maxtor HardDrive (about 40gb free)
WinXp Professional

Now could someone please tell me whats wrong? I just updated DirectX and ATI Drivers and this is the second time i install the game again on WinXp. Both times i have had the same problems.

/me gonna go to make some coffee... Oh yea and to smoke some Happy Pink Cow stuff...

ezza
31-12-03, 13:33
hmm not sure tbh, have you got the latest updates for win XP?

i have a few random crashes, though shouldnt take as long as it did for you to get in.

any other programs running, when i have teamspeak on i cant use the arrow keys

numb
31-12-03, 13:34
Fatal Runtime Errors dont always display a message, it may be worth checking the date/time of your callstack.log and your error.log and sending them into support.

Are you behind a firewall of some sort? Perhaps that may be the problem if you are. Try disabling the firewall to see if it helps.

If you are using a router/sharing a connection with someone - if you can it would be good to test neocron with your computer connected directly to the internet.

Sorry I cant be more help.

Endar
31-12-03, 14:31
I do have a firewall but i never use it while i play multiplayer games (i belive it slows down the game). Right now im updating WindowsXP and if that doesnt work...

Format --> Reinstall --> Update --> Email to Microsoft (WTF IS WRONG WITH MY FUCKING OS?!?!) --> Smoke some more Happy Pink Cow stuff --> some more coffee --> Install Neocron again and patch up --> and if it works im happy again ^^

BTW i have 1mb connection so please dont say its because of a slow internet connection ^^ Oh and i dont have any other programs running, why would i have this is so great game (when it works :mad: ) that there is no reason for MSN or AIM :)

2ply
31-12-03, 14:33
I get super odd shit like that happening. It's mainly after NC freezes up completely. Normally I do a checkfiles, retstart NC, and oddly it works fine, even though it detects no corrupt files o.O

I'd give that a shot, otherwise I don't know...

Melkior
31-12-03, 14:42
i had that happen to me for a while, i did a scan on my comp and found lots of spyware =-( removed it all and it worked fine after

robinitnow
31-12-03, 15:36
Defrag your hard drive
see how bad things are in the registrary
What else is running and how much run time are thay taking up while you are starting neocron
Could be virused
Could just have a bad install
set neocron to a higher process priority ( be careful)

Endar
31-12-03, 16:02
Defrag your hard drive
see how bad things are in the registrary
What else is running and how much run time are thay taking up while you are starting neocron
Could be virused
Could just have a bad install
set neocron to a higher process priority ( be careful)

1) I have already defragmented my HD :)
2) Norton automaticly cleans my registry once in a while :)
3) Im not running anything besides the normal WinXP stuff. :)
4) Norton did not find any viruses. :)
5) This is the third time i reinstall Neocron on WinXP and its always the same problem. :)

Havent yeat tryied the higher process priority, and right now im updating windows...

Thanks for help guys, it just seems that my comp has mind of its own and it doesnt like Neocron. I just hope the neocron starts to work now so i dont have to format and reinstall everything (grr do you really think you can beat me, computer?! :) )

Spoon
31-12-03, 19:46
You using a wireless network?

Scikar
01-01-04, 06:16
Is Norton definitely updated? And are you sure you don't have spyware? What about your sound card? Strangely enough, a lot of problems with severe slowdowns can be caused by sound card issues.

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 06:26
Originally posted by Spoon
You using a wireless network?

either that or your processor is working to hard on NC

Happens to me sometimes but the other way round, takes 3 mins to get outta NC, i swear its a KK conspiricy ;)

Endar
01-01-04, 14:15
Nah i dont have wireless network and the Norton is of course updated. I have C-Media 5.1 sound card, dont know its name but it works. I can hear all sounds in every game i have played, why would the sound card increase the loading time?

Well anyway i think im going to format my PC today and try Win98, that should atleast work...

Endar
02-01-04, 16:46
OK, the Neocron works fine with Win98, but my fucking soundcard doesnt. The Win98 just doesnt like it so i think im going to format C: AGAIN and smash the fucking Win98 cd in little pieces, burn them and send it to the Microsoft corp with a letter reading "WHY!?!?!?". After all Neocron with slow startup is much better than Neocron without any sounds.

Sooo now that i know Win98 doesnt work maybe i try the shitty XP again. If that doesnt work im going to burn Microsoft corps building and move to India. Maybe there i can find peace and place without Microsoft products. Well atleast i can find enought weed to smoke for rest of my life...

Endar
02-01-04, 22:51
Hahaa, after formating whole comp 3 times i managed to make it work! I first installed Win98, it didnt have any sounds. After that i installed WinXP 2 times and with first time i managed somehow fuckup the install (first installed DX8 and then without booting i installed DX9) and now with third complete reinstall it actually works! Anyway thanks for all kind help i got from here :) From now on i will only install some good firewall and virus prog, this comp will be decicadet for Neocron only :) Aww im soooo happy now... I think im gonna go to smoke some Happy Pink Cow stuff... See ya guys in game :)

Scikar
03-01-04, 07:27
Told you there was something wrong with the sound. ;)