PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] - Shieldgenerators and Nanobots

Heavyporker
31-12-03, 08:39
Thanks to Dazist for the shieldgenerator/nanobot ideas, and thanks to Shadow Dancer for his ooollllllldddd idea of tech heals too.

Now... here they are, updated by yours truly:

Shieldgenerators:
Basically, think of them as technological backpack shelter/deflector sanctums. They would require high TC - about 65 T-C for the first level one, and 90 T-C for the second level one. Also high STR - about 50 STR and 80 STR, respectively. There would be two levels - the first level about between the effectiveness of normal/blessed shelter/deflector, and the second about between the effectiveness of blessed/holy shelter/deflector. The first level version would weight, say, 60 kgs, and the second level about 80 kgs. To equip those shieldgenerators, you put them into your chest armor slot. They'd use energypacks bought from the ASG (the cerosene or whatever), continously draining them, but they'd autoload from your inventory. The high reqs mean that only PEs and Gentanks would have the wherewithal to lug them around, but this means your group would have some pretty good defense if there wasn't a PPU around.

Nanobots - medical application:
Basically I merged dazist's and SD's ideas on this one.

The initial application of nanobots would be in technological healing. The requirements would be both INT/DEX, T-C, *and* implant. You'd have to buy remote repair nanites (from the ASG) and load them into a new TL30 poketool (like the TL 30 hacktool, sorta) then "poke" people you wanted to heal. The strength of the techno-heal would be tied to your combined skill levels - someone with say, 50 INT/30 DEX and 40 T-C and 50 Implant might heal some burning from a terrorleaper, while someone with 100 INT/DEX and 110 T-C and 84 implant gonna heal someone to full from near-death. Yes, might be a lot of T-C, but it wouldn't be wasted - not if said person used obliterator already :)

Discuss, please.

Q`alooaith
31-12-03, 08:54
still haveing idea's... I'd of thought you'd have run out by now.. :p

I like the Sheild idea in a way.. but instead of it being STR and TC, how's about TC, Transport(it's heavy right) and INT, top one needing about 30 int to use, with 100 TC and 75 Trans...

The int's only an idea, maybe str or dex instead, but the transport is I think at least, a must.. Right now tank's get away with putting nothing on it and letting implant's and strength make up the diffrence, if they want to use shield gear they should be forced to spec to carry more.. (I'm tired of "uber" tank's whinging because they can't carry enough ammo, and their cannon's are too heavy, WTF lightest weapon's in the game or there's about's, with luck maybe a stealth fix of cannon's weight at the same time)

I'd like to twist your second idea a bit, rather than healing, how's about have poking expend nanite's, so each poke blast's out nantites higher level less nanite's to poke somone.. (more poke nerf's.. I'm evil like that. but then people would see it as a real tradeskill, maybe)

But a dedicated healing tool would be a must rather than re using the poke tool, the nantite ammo idea's good, should still drain stanima when you use it, and should heal like a blessed heal in term's of speed and power.. only useably on other's though..