PDA

View Full Version : No Visible Text in Client

Morganth
31-12-03, 03:20
I am not getting any text in the client when I launch Neocron, just boxes to types stuff into, the background image and buttons. So I have no idea what I am entering or what to do as there isn't any text to tell me.

Anyone help me out with this?

P.S. I have reinstalled, repatched and rechecked files twice now.

Thanks,

joran420
31-12-03, 03:22
hmmmm is it the loading content screen or is this when u actually gwet in game?

Morganth
31-12-03, 03:23
Originally posted by joran420
hmmmm is it the loading content screen or is this when u actually gwet in game?

Its after the loading content bit, opens to full screen with the intro bits, then goes to what I think is a login prompt but I don't have any text apart from the "Resume", "Enter" and "Options" buttons.

Morganth
31-12-03, 03:43
Checked error files, says this:

File Check: file 'terrain\terraingfx.dat' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (not critical)

Morganth
31-12-03, 20:01
Ok, now I have installed Neocron and patched it etc on my other PC, and it works fine. Starting to get a little annoyed as I have practically no access to this other PC, and I have fished out for a game I can't play.

LTA
31-12-03, 20:06
didn't alter the rpos or anything?

Keiron
31-12-03, 20:11
Hrm...
Can you post your graphics card/running specs? Could be a conflict with 16/32 bit or some sort of resolution problem. Also, have you tried throwing it into Windowed mode? That sometimes helps.

kurai
31-12-03, 20:28
Aaaargh.

I had exactly this problem back last December/January or so.

Unfortunately I'm damned if I can remember how I fixed it, and the posts I'm sure I made at the time seem to have been cleared out.

All I can offer you is some vague memories of it being a game settings/bad install problem rather than anything fundamental with hardware/OS/drivers.

Sorry :(

Morganth
31-12-03, 20:43
Ok my PC specs are as follows:

Win Xp (Fully patched etc)
Intel Celeren 1.13 GHz CPU
256 MB RAM
Intel 830 MG Video controller UMS (claims its memory is shared with system memory)

If you need any more info just ask. I will try running it in windowed mode.

EDIT: Works in windowed mode, need to find a permanent fix for it as its a little small compared to my 15" XGA LCD screen. Thanks for the help.

Hell-demon
31-12-03, 21:16
I had this problem a while back. When I got it fixed I couldnt recieve custom chat messages. So look out for that bug. I still cant get custom chat messages and its not on mute eithero_O

Keiron
31-12-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Morganth

EDIT: Works in windowed mode, need to find a permanent fix for it as its a little small compared to my 15" XGA LCD screen. Thanks for the help.
What resolution are you running at? I can give you what to enter into your Neocron.ini to make the windowed mode the right size.

Morganth
01-01-04, 01:24
Its about one and 2/3rds of a Neocron Launcher. Or is there a way to tell exactly?

Keiron
01-01-04, 01:35
Right click on your desktop, go to properties, then the settings tab, then it says "Screen resolution” Tell me what those two numbers are (for instance mine is 1280 x 1024)

Morganth
01-01-04, 02:25
1024x768

Flea
01-01-04, 02:33
Had the same problem. I restarted my computer and it worked. But, of course i reinstalled 3 times first like an idiot, when all I needed to do was restart the damn box.

Morganth
01-01-04, 02:50
Originally posted by Flea
Had the same problem. I restarted my computer and it worked. But, of course i reinstalled 3 times first like an idiot, when all I needed to do was restart the damn box.

Tried that to no effect.

Hell's Grannie
01-01-04, 04:04
This may sound silly but have you installed fixpack 3 supposing you're running Windows 2000 Pro ? I built a new pc last year and installed Windows 2000 Pro and Neocron and had a problem that looks like yours. I installed fixpack 3 and the problem was solved.

Btw, Happy New Year to you all !!! It's over here now past half past two in the morning ... and I think I had a little too much Famous Grouse ... Good Night ...

Keiron
01-01-04, 04:36
Ok, put the following into your Neocorn.ini

NOSPLASH="TRUE"
NOEXTRO="TRUE"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"

That should just about do it.

Morganth
01-01-04, 04:43
Thanks

CyTeCH
01-01-04, 11:52
i had this issue when i copied NC to a new HDD and something didnt register correctly on the font files. make sure the the font files are still in the correct place.

other than that just try a DE-install and then a RE-install (makes sure you remove every trace of nc eg files and reg entries.)

kurai
01-01-04, 17:38
Aaaah - that rings bells.

Something to do with the registry entries pointing to the wrong place, therefore the client not being able to find the path for the fonts.