PDA

View Full Version : Random restarts

viscious666
31-12-03, 02:59
OK, so ill be playing when all of a sudden, the sound quality goes way down like everythings slowed down, im like. WTF^^

then ill play some more and all of a sudden, BAM my computer goes to a blue screen that says somehting about a bad_POOL and i dont have time to read it before it restarts

im running windows xp home, i think its my video driveers because when the comp comes on line, it asks me to send an error report and i have a legit copy so of corse i send. it analizes it and tells me its a driver problem. ive tried updating all my drivers including my motherboard drivers, nothing has seemed to work,

can any of you shed some light on this problem?> ill love u for eva ^_^

-vicious

Doc Holliday
31-12-03, 06:10
i did have same problem at times with the random reboots. i know i had a virus on board my pc but also had to have new memory installed mate. try a mem tester to see if that sorts anythin. as for the sound i aint got a clue sorry.

ElfinLord
31-12-03, 06:33
Since you're running XP Home, you should go into:

System Properties -> Advaced

Click 'Settings' under Startup and Recovery

De-select 'Automatically Restart'

Doing this should allow you to be able to read the BSoD before it goes away. That, of course, will give you some more information about the problem.

Also, the Event Viewer found in the Start Menu under Administrative Tools might have some info, not sure though.

Run virus scans and check for spyware.

I run XP Pro, and the only time I have had BSoD STOP errors pop up was when I was installing and I had bad RAM.

Good luck! :D

viscious666
31-12-03, 11:34
it might be bad ram but i havent had the problem with any other game, like ffxi ran perfect. damn it all to hell =/
EDIT: btw, THX FOR THE HELP ^_^_^ I luvs u =P

HaRdWaRe
19-01-04, 18:01
Did this get sorted cause i have exactly the same problem now :(
any help would be GREATLY appreciated