PDA

View Full Version : PEs the new nerf targets

ezza
31-12-03, 02:36
seems to me to be a lot of posts trying to get PEs nerfed recently, is this cos you got the PPUS nerfed(which im ok with;) )but now your moving onto the next target...hmm lets see PEs.

yeah there can be a problem with over zelous use of the stealth device, but that could simply be sorted by a 5sec delay between stealth.

just seems like once we get one class nerfed we move to the next one, where we go after PEs on to tanks then i guess:wtf:

think we need to lay of the nerfage posts, i mean we all know what KKs nerfs can be like:rolleyes:

though feel free to nerf the apus:lol:

just in case shadow jumps in on this im joking about the apus:p

i prefere reading the i pwn joo posts more than the nerf thi snerf that shite

Oath
31-12-03, 02:38
heh yup.........

the minute you try and nerf the tank all hells gonna break loose

ezza
31-12-03, 02:39
Originally posted by Oath
heh yup.........

the minute you try and nerf the tank all hells gonna break loose

damn right, dont want anyone fucking with my tank:mad:

Duder
31-12-03, 02:48
Nerf stealth, nerf PE defense, when i shoot a burst of Holy Lightning the PE either stealth or doesnt die O_o This is stupid, im supposed to the most damage and when i shoot people they dont die fast enough.

I say boost APU poison spells and energy spells.

ezza
31-12-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Duder
Nerf stealth, nerf PE defense, when i shoot a burst of Holy Lightning the PE either stealth or doesnt die O_o This is stupid, im supposed to the most damage and when i shoot people they dont die fast enough.

I say boost APU poison spells and energy spells.

boost fire as well i hear that aint doing its job like it should do

Duder
31-12-03, 02:52
Originally posted by ezza
boost fire as well i hear that aint doing its job like it should do

Yeah while youre at it, make Titan and Viper armor str 100, cant have "PEs" use such sassy armor vests, they got their PA, what else do they need? Fix Pistol aim? HAHAHAHA

Oh, ive heard PEs use PPU spells, i think only PPUs should be able to use PSI, so take away all PSI on PEs and give it to DEX.

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 02:53
Their will always be nerf posts.

In every mmorpg.

ezza
31-12-03, 02:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Their will always be nerf posts.

In every mmorpg. true enough, but they could at least limit them a bit.

can recall the last time i felt compeled to post a thread asking for the nerfage of a class

Spectra260
31-12-03, 02:56
well you know...

there are alot of people who there main char's are PE's and even they say nerf themselves...and there being serious about it too...

IMO PE's are a little...tough ATM...

im not saying nerf, but stealthing/shelter/high damage% on heal = "tough"

plus those lil fuckers can run fast with there pistols out:D

Duder
31-12-03, 02:57
Also, i think PEs dont deserve shelter, i think making Shelter harder for PEs to reach is a good idea, say make Shelter tl 45, that way Tanks have a fighting chance against "god-like" status with their stealth and shelter and their "con" setup, whatever that is. Also nerf heal, they seem to do the "PPU" tactic of healing themselves during battle, making them a litte harder to kill, i think thats stupid, only PPUs should be able to do that.

Also the pistol has instant aim, only apu spells should have that, i mean, the liberator takes 5 seconds to have a full lock on a person thats 10m away from the pistol pe, thats not right, they have fucking everything, god mode (stealth and shelter and heal), and a powerful weapon (Liberator, have you seen it when they shoot the lib against a mob, PvM? they can kill a mob quite fast o_O ) nerf them i say.

ezza
31-12-03, 02:59
tbh, back when i was usefull with my tank, there was only a few PEs that i couldnt take on 1v1 and those guys were the best of the class.

you cant just judge the whole class on a few people who are good at it.

umm was gonna say more but ive forgoten what it was

*wanders of to think what it was*

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 03:01
true enough, but they could at least limit them a bit.

can recall the last time i felt compeled to post a thread asking for the nerfage of a class

I guess it depends on how passionate they are. Personally I think PEs are overpowered ATM. But certainly nowhere near the level of ppus. And not enough for me to waste energy making a new thread about it.

BlackPrince
31-12-03, 03:07
Originally posted by Spectra260
well you know...

there are alot of people who there main char's are PE's and even they say nerf themselves...and there being serious about it too...

IMO PE's are a little...tough ATM...

Many of those people play PE's as solo chars, and either limit themselves to duelling and/or have very limited experience in an outpost fight with their PE's. Sorry, but some folks on these boards have formed an impression that whatever they say about a class (even one they don't play) is automatically law. I've no problems sniping PE's, just gotta be patient and smart.

Bl1nd
31-12-03, 03:28
no! dont nerf more classes just boost tanks thats all we need

at least boost melee combat for god sake_O

Psyco Groupie
31-12-03, 03:38
on uranus we had a lil fight night, the fights with PEs left at the end took so long some even ran out of ammo ... pes in duels can heal faster than they dmg O.o

g0rt
31-12-03, 03:51
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
on uranus we had a lil fight night, the fights with PEs left at the end took so long some even ran out of ammo ... pes in duels can heal faster than they dmg O.o

....if they have horrible aim

ichinin
31-12-03, 04:42
1. *splat* Someone got killed or failed to kill someone.
2. "Oh boohoo!! , Nerf the ..." (whatever it was that killed em)

This is NOT evolution.

Phlith
31-12-03, 04:45
IMO PE's are hard to kill because people take the time and effort into developing a setup which makes them "tough." PE's haven't proven to be much of a problem, just an entirely different opponent to fight against compared to a monk.

REMUS
31-12-03, 05:00
for me there are 2 things wrong with pes

ray weapons clips are way to big
ray weapons do way to much damage in close.

a tank has to be better than a pe of equivilant rank to win becuase cs doesnt do as much damage over time, doesnt fire as fast and doesnt hit as often and isnt as easy to aim as ray weapons rog bs and rolh.

i hav to use the tank class as an exsample because i dont play monk class's enough to really give a firm opinion other than my accumulated knowlage of the class.

g0rt
31-12-03, 05:17
i think ray weapons are fine...blacksun isn't THAT great its beatable by a good cs tank np, and yeah teh rolh is MAD but its also tl108 so a PE has to gimp0r themselves to use it

REMUS
31-12-03, 05:24
hav you done any tests grot? i have no trouble beating rolh pes but it still doesnt change the fact that they are better than cs's, and black suns are THAT bad if you take into consideration the difference between a tangent plasma cannon and a blacksun!!!

t0tt3
31-12-03, 05:32
I can honest say that I can hurt a PE with my APU alot more then with my tank... lol the PE are so freaking fast and just spins around so my CS just looks fairly dumb....

No a pure HL boost on them and I can almost kill them 1on1, and they are buffed when I aint.. so a unguard PE are pretty easy to waste. "stealth" ... barrel :p

BombShell
31-12-03, 06:33
i dont think anything needs a nerf anymore just apus spells but with the distance nerf i am vary happy even with their damage.

i dont think anything needs a nerf because pe's r not that good like everyone is saying i understand that their vary good but the only problem i see with pes is that when u r about to kill them thay stealth even if u 2 r good fighters u can end up at 100 life as a tank then he comes bak around the corner with his heal goin and gank u for a second chance.

just remove stealth from pes and i trully belive pes would be balance. but many people will kick and scream to lieve stealth alone.

i think tanks need their damn pa fixed and aoe boosted.
add infra eye inplants to find cloakers. giving no other bonuses other then infra so either more combat or detection and high int and dex so spys can be reliable in combat to fight cloakers for true spy v spy action :)

and actully monk para i would leive alone. with the long cast delay and drugs i dont think its bad with it glueing to ground anymore since thay cant spam. just fix halo para.

theirs alot more i would love done but ill never see it happen but this is wut i think for the moment right now :)

BombShell
31-12-03, 06:36
Originally posted by REMUS
hav you done any tests grot? i have no trouble beating rolh pes but it still doesnt change the fact that they are better than cs's, and black suns are THAT bad if you take into consideration the difference between a tangent plasma cannon and a blacksun!!!

nah the fact those weapons hav huge clips is mainly the problem. thay can keep fireing with out loading and since aim is almost perfect its a pain. but i agree with gort.

REMUS
31-12-03, 06:56
did you even read my other post.........

you still need to be a more skilled tank to beat a pistol/rog pe than the pe user.

Crest
31-12-03, 10:31
seems to me to be a lot of posts trying to get PEs nerfed recently, is this cos you got the PPUS nerfed(which im ok with;) )but now your moving onto the next target...hmm lets see PEs.

yeah there can be a problem with over zelous use of the stealth device, but that could simply be sorted by a 5sec delay between stealth.

just seems like once we get one class nerfed we move to the next one, where we go after PEs on to tanks then i guess:wtf:

think we need to lay of the nerfage posts, i mean we all know what KKs nerfs can be like:rolleyes:

though feel free to nerf the apus:lol:

just in case shadow jumps in on this im joking about the apus:p

i prefere reading the i pwn joo posts more than the nerf thi snerf that shite

The game evolves, new toys come in and give claases some sort of edge. I have a tank and a PPU , both been killed and many players with at least one of those.... The guys shout hey kill the PPU, or kill the tank cause of their reasons, an then PE's start to win most PvP battles, so the guys get pissed off cause they used to win them...so guess what ... kill the PE threads come out ....

Jest
31-12-03, 10:53
Yah Ive been trying to figure that one out myself. The PE hasnt changed a single bit since the PAs came out and they have had stealth like this entire year. Where the hell are all these posts coming from? Do you people think for yourselves or do you just see what every one else is posting and then repeat that?

PA PE is overpowered? Stealth is overpowered? Well my PE doesnt use either and I can beat well over the majority of PEs. I could have had the same setup now as I did when the epics were released, but yet I saw no nerf PE threads then. FFS think for yourselves for once.

If you truly think PEs need nerfing then ask yourself whats changed. Have they always needed nerfing? Whats different now? And while we are on the similiar subject the next person who says rifle PEs are worthless is gonna get pistol whipped by me. If you haven't ever had a rifle PE and a pistol PE then shut yer damn mouth haha. :mad:

Crest
31-12-03, 11:00
Its as simple as ... Nerf tanks.... and then monks ... all this other class baalancing leaves PE's 'Un-Balanced' .... So no changes to PE's I agree, but the environment around them has changed.

Elric
31-12-03, 11:24
one thing though, I have never in my entire time of being on this board see a (serious) Nerf the Spies thread. I think that says alot about spies....

ezza
31-12-03, 12:14
Originally posted by Elric
one thing though, I have never in my entire time of being on this board see a (serious) Nerf the Spies thread. I think that says alot about spies....

cos spies have never been able to kill tanks on a regular basis:p

L0KI
31-12-03, 12:38
I have an odd opinion about PE's. I play as one, and play well with him.

I do think they need something changing. Like Psycho Groupie said, at the Uranus event at the Battledome yesterday, the PE fights were ridiculous. 2 of the 3 remaining PE's ran out of ammo, and left 1 to win by default.

My RoLH used to be so hard to spec for, i was 1 of 2 RoLH PE's on the server. Now i cap dmg so easily it feels like im playing a hybrid monk. Uber dmg, plenty of PSI use for fast cast dmg boost. Capped heal.. blah blah.

GET RID OF PE PA's :p

People say to me, just dont wear it...

Well, why gimp yourself deliberately for 0 gain?

Archeus
31-12-03, 12:39
Originally posted by Jest
If you truly think PEs need nerfing then ask yourself whats changed.

Erm, those people getting capped by PE's are no longer getting rezzed? :lol:

* I don't have an opinion either way. Nerf each other to death I don't care ^-^ It will all end when generic player template A says 'Boo' and Player B demands that they nerf talking.

Devils Grace
31-12-03, 12:56
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer Their will always be nerf posts.

In every mmorpg.

i havent read the rest of the thread yet but i wana say this.

i agree with mighty ezza

and SD ur not true
in mmorpg there always be ppl that always want things their own way just because, they are SHIIIIIIIIIITTTTEE, and want the game changed so it will be easy for them

and NI is a NIB:lol:

happy new year

ezza
31-12-03, 12:58
Originally posted by Devils Grace

i agree with mighty ezza

lol mighty thats the first time ive been called that, good job you didnt see my pitiful fighting in PP other day:lol:

Devils Grace
31-12-03, 13:05
lol mighty thats the first time ive been called that, good job you didnt see my pitiful fighting in PP other day:lol:

:lol:

haha yea i saw

i was there with Marta Grace and i tried to heal u quite some times, but the fucking guards (REMOVE THEM) were always after u
wonder what u have done to them:lol:

its stupid, one guy punches the guard, zones, and they agro at everyone................
nuff said

Original monk
31-12-03, 13:17
nerf PE's from here to Kamtsjaka if ya ask me ...

make ALL stealthdevices SPY-ONLY

or

make all blessed spells PSI-only

one of them 2 ...

Thane
31-12-03, 13:22
NERF TEH PLANET!

Crest
31-12-03, 13:23
All of the above, and give them their own rae gun , only one some sort of glorified nail gun which does 10 damage on a 1/1 ands tuff...

Original monk
31-12-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Crest
All of the above, and give them their own rae gun , only one some sort of glorified nail gun which does 10 damage on a 1/1 ands tuff...

yeah sumthing like that, but dont use a nailgun cause they can push you away with it, make it a laserpistol or colt budgetlike or sumthing :P

sumthing like: nerf them to hell and back :P

Selendor
31-12-03, 14:25
We were in Neofrag the other day, we had 2 capped PE's and 2 APUs that were in the high 50's. What we saw was that even at cap, our 2 PEs still died to the APUs half the time (usually when we were reloading). This was in dueling by the way. One Pistol PE, one Rifle PE.

I think that the PE only becomes viable when capped, which you cannot say for the other classes. And I also think the PE is balanced at the moment. The only argument is Stealth on PE's, but my opinion is that if you spec for stealth you are thinking about survival and not killing, and so this only really works for people who like to attack unsuspecting runners.

There are some tanks in this game that I just cannot beat in a duel with my PE. I know skill comes into it, but that is what I've found. Spies on the other hand, won't win in duels, but then again, thats not their role.

L0KI
31-12-03, 14:47
if my PE ever lost a one on one to an unbuffed APU, i would:

1. Cry
2. Delete Rabbi Fang
3. Assume the APU was an exploiter (J/K :p)
4. All of the above

You can take down even the BEST apu with about 5 seconds of good aiming with capped libby/pain easer.

Devils Grace
31-12-03, 14:51
so loki ur assuming that u r the best pvp ingame and the rest is all crap then.

for fuck sake

u forgot 1 otpion that usually ppl like u (guessing) do

5 - ask that class to be nerfed kuz u cant win

TheDuckMan
31-12-03, 14:52
Originally posted by Selendor
We were in Neofrag the other day, we had 2 capped PE's and 2 APUs that were in the high 50's. What we saw was that even at cap, our 2 PEs still died to the APUs half the time (usually when we were reloading). This was in dueling by the way. One Pistol PE, one Rifle PE.

I think that the PE only becomes viable when capped, which you cannot say for the other classes. And I also think the PE is balanced at the moment. The only argument is Stealth on PE's, but my opinion is that if you spec for stealth you are thinking about survival and not killing, and so this only really works for people who like to attack unsuspecting runners.

There are some tanks in this game that I just cannot beat in a duel with my PE. I know skill comes into it, but that is what I've found. Spies on the other hand, won't win in duels, but then again, thats not their role.

Hey Sel, long time no talk....

What kind of weapons were the PE's using? And did they have good resists? First off if they used energy weapons thats why they lost. Second if you were one of those PE's i'm so ashamed. You and your uber pain easer shouldnt die to an APU. Anyways I think what this comes down to is a healthy balance between numbers and skill. You cant expect a crappy tank to beat a well plotted PE or even a spy. And you cant expect any old PPU to be immortal. All of these classes seem like there unstoppable because a few people put time into building up there characters, and there always on, 12-14 hours a day... those are the ppl you are always fighting, but you dont notice it, it seems like there are a ton of over-powered players out there but rly there is only a few. I'm not sure were I'm going with that last part... but ya........

LTA
31-12-03, 15:16

for fuck sake

lol

Rabbi is very good mate i think most who watched him fight or know his setup would agree ... roll yourself a char on uranus cap it and go duel him them come back and carry on telling him he can't win o_O

L0KI
31-12-03, 15:33

for fuck sake

EDIT - You make zero sense.

*Cough* its clear to me that you have the IQ of a beansprout *cough* :p

I didnt say i could beat EVERYONE did i???

I said ive NEVER lost 1 on 1 to an APU since i have capped. Simple as that.

Try reading things properly.

APU's have shit defence, surely you see that.
I stood there with my PE/resists and libby drawn.
A capped PSI, 96 base INT APU stood infront of me. We didnt move, just after the usual 5,4,3,2,1,go.... shot at each other.

He died first, i had 292 HP left.

Its simple Math.

ps - ur sig is screwy. its pwn, not pown - and im pretty sure u ripped that off from Vet?

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 15:34
i havent read the rest of the thread yet but i wana say this.

i agree with mighty ezza

and SD ur not true
in mmorpg there always be ppl that always want things their own way just because, they are SHIIIIIIIIIITTTTEE, and want the game changed so it will be easy for them

and NI is a NIB:lol:

happy new year

I'm not true? That doesn't even make any sense. Did you mean to say that what I said was not true? But then you go on to say that their will always be people that want things their own way just because. So you're basically agreeing with me. It doesn't matter WHY they want the nerf, the point is that their will always be people who want a nerf.

LTA
31-12-03, 15:36
of course people want things htere own way... and not always because there crap.... but more they spend THEIR money that they earned hard at work on the game and so feel they have a right to have a say in what happens.... afterall they are kk's customers

Devils Grace
31-12-03, 15:43
Originally posted by L0KI
EDIT - You make zero sense.

*Cough* its clear to me that you have the IQ of a beansprout *cough* :p

I didnt say i could beat EVERYONE did i???

I said ive NEVER lost 1 on 1 to an APU since i have capped. Simple as that.

Try reading things properly.

APU's have shit defence, surely you see that.
I stood there with my PE/resists and libby drawn.
A capped PSI, 96 base INT APU stood infront of me. We didnt move, just after the usual 5,4,3,2,1,go.... shot at each other.

He died first, i had 292 HP left.

Its simple Math.

ps - ur sig is screwy. its pwn, not pown - and im pretty sure u ripped that off from Vet?

and its clear to me that u have an eggo bigger then vet's.

assuming that its impossible to apu to kill u, u r assuming that there are no ppl in this game that can win any PE buffed with lib, wich is not true.....
if u got good aim, and good setup, others have good aim and good setup, and they, as u do to, know how to dodge trhe bullets, so ur statment is not logic, kuz its based on resist and not in skill, wich is hipotetic (dunno how to spell it)

and yes my sig was made to piss vet' off, didnt work tho, might changed it soon

simple math is a PE buffed, and a good setup, start running like a chicken after the 3rd stack of fire apoc.....and amen brother

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 15:44

simple math is a PE buffed, and a good setup, start running like a chicken after the 3rd stack of fire apoc.....and amen brother

Oh god, please tell me you're joking. O_o

Devils Grace
31-12-03, 15:46
if not is resist and armor are set to fire and u change to HL

works just fine

if it isnt 3 wich to the good PE's is true im not very far from the right number

LTA
31-12-03, 16:04

assuming that its impossible to apu to kill u, u r assuming that there are no ppl in this game that can win any PE buffed with lib, wich is not true.....
if u got good aim, and good setup, others have good aim and good setup, and they, as u do to, know how to dodge trhe bullets, so ur statment is not logic, kuz its based on resist and not in skill, wich is hipotetic (dunno how to spell it)

Dude do you deliberatly not read posts or just ignore what he said.... he never said apus couldn't kill him... but in a 1v1 duel he will win.
A apu with shat defense should never beat a pe 1v1 unless the apu is very good or the pe just hasnt setup... fact is apu is taking all that dmg with only armour and con... nothing else, pe's take it all with lotsa specced con and buffs so lib/rolh hurst bad, same as a tank should drop a apu 1v1 if he's good enough and in some cases even spies (i've seen that First Love doing some serious dmg to apus)

Fire Apoc LOL.... as long as you get lucky with the first stack... i postedf somewhere to gerrid of the random dmg and boost it but tbh hl>fa

i didn't see where he assumed that libby buffed pe's are unkillable... if that was the case then i am sure 50% of the servers tanks/spies/rifle pes would lom and be libby pe's.

and to say how well his char is setup.. i'd say he contains his ego well...... most times :p

XaNToR
31-12-03, 16:08
hell another PE nerf thread... how do u want to nerf the PE ? a PE is a mix out of tank spy Monk...... u cant nerf them without nerfing /boosting other class..

The PE never changed... he always stayed same....well PA and stealth were added... that made it more simple to play a PE and requirements to handle a PE fell

Sure PE is a self supporter and got uber defense, but that makes it worth playing a PE.... possibility to fight effective without PPU without support from other people being a lone fighter....

And since flamer u cant complain about losing against PE as tank....

btw rabbi : I ll show u Monkehs that hit u with 5 HLs before u put ur gun out.....

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 16:11
Originally posted by XaNToR

btw rabbi : I ll show u Monkehs that hit u with 5 HLs before u put ur gun out.....

Wow really? They must have 500 RoF considering it takes about half a second to pull a gun out. :)

ezza
31-12-03, 16:12
hell another PE nerf thread...

at which point did i say i want them nerfed, please read my post instead of just taking it for a nerf thread

Duder
31-12-03, 16:38
Yeah make blessed spells monk only, the blessed deflector makes PEs ridicoulously overpowered, ITS LIKE PPUs ALL OVER AGAIN. :mad: PLUS WITH THEIR BASIC HEALS YOU CANT KILL THEM.

hahahah, no, take away the blessed deflector, the dfference will be...almost nothing, oh wait, forgot we have capped blessed deflectors ánd shelters, silly me :rolleyes:

Just make Stealth Spy only requirement or high up the INT REQ, and be done with it.

People like Original monk just get pissed because they couldnt kill some stealth whore. Boo hoo he got away, now youll have to wait for someone else to gank.

L0KI
31-12-03, 17:12

Yet again, you have missed the point completely (surprise :rolleyes:)

Ill remind you that i didnt say it was IMPOSSIBLE for an APU to beat me, i just said that its never happened before (since i capped). That doesnt mean its impossible. Some APU's have amazing resists, and take pretty decent dmg before being killed.

I dont know Vet too well, but he doesnt seem to have a huge ego at all. He seems a logical person with a clever PE setup (judging him on forum posts only - of which ive read around 600).

Even the worst of PE's would NOT die in 3 FA stacks. If your PE dies from 3 FA stacks, i pity you, sincerely.

@ Xantor, im sure you could show me an APU who could get 5 HLs on me b4 i drew my gun - (Im also sure you could show flying pink kittens if it would prove me wrong :p). Where are all of these wonderful PvPrs you talk about that never show their faces?
kEiThZ was a damn good APU ;)

Sefran
31-12-03, 18:01
Yeah one second to pull ur gun out but u still have to AIM , with monkey doesnt , so 5hl's isnt so far away from it sometimes

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 18:03
Originally posted by Sefran
Yeah one second to pull ur gun out but u still have to AIM , with monkey doesnt , so 5hl's isnt so far away from it sometimes

But then you're talking about ganking, where one individual doesn't even have his weapon out or isn't prepared. Apus go down pretty fast when ganked by PEs. Especially Lib Pes. :rolleyes:

Sefran
31-12-03, 18:05
Thats bullshit, u still have to aim in every situation so ul still get a coulple hl's before u can even aim...so what is ur point? There is none, a monk can shoot straight off no other class can so simple as that stop making up story's for it

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 18:09
Thats bullshit, u still have to aim in every situation so ul still get a coulple hl's before u can even aim...so what is ur point? There is none, a monk can shoot straight off no other class can so simple as that stop making up story's for it

Did you even read what I said? I can see you foaming at the mouth right now with your anti-apu hatred that is obviously blinding you.

If you don't have your weapon out and are attacked, 99% of the time that's a gank and you're caught by surprise.

What am I making up a story for? That doesn't even make sense. O_o And stop exaggerating how long PEs have to aim for.

Sefran
31-12-03, 18:15
When did i say anything about Pe's , when did i say anything about Apu hate?

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 18:16
When did i say anything about Pe's ,

Well the example involved a PE, so....... o_O

when did i say anything about Apu hate?

It's very obvious from the way you speak and the comments you've made in other threads, about them.

Jest
31-12-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Archeus
Erm, those people getting capped by PE's are no longer getting rezzed? :lol:
Hehe.

Ok but seriously people. The ONLY THING that has changed this entire time since stealth is that it's a bit easier to make a setup those previously only the best character planners could make. So now you have a bunch of players who might have been average, and with the new potential for character setup they now become above average.

Personally I think all these nerf PE threads are a consipiracy by the Kami hybrids who don't want to be nerfed themselves. The fact that people seem to think PEs deserve more of a nerf than those damned mongrel monks is bewildering to me.

If you wanna take away PE stealth, fine by me. But unless you take away every form of PvP parashock with it, then you will have some unhappy people.

Shadow Dancer
31-12-03, 18:37

Personally I think all these nerf PE threads are a consipiracy by the Kami hybrids who don't want to be nerfed themselves.

Their aren't even many kami hybrids around. Their are like what, 3?

Lol :p

VetteroX
31-12-03, 19:19
pes themselves arent unbalanced. I think one thing needs a little nerf, and thats stealth. as ive said before, 5 seconds minimum between each stealthing.

Other then that, pes are killable. rolh? Ive never yet come accross a rolh pe whos resists werent noticibly weaker then a lib or pain easer pe, so yes hes got great firepower, but he dies quicker. I will say a tanks resistances to ray weapons are really bad, but this is because he has a deflector, but no shelter.

pes are fine.... leave em be.

Zanathos
31-12-03, 19:24
I have my idea to make PE's put back in line with the rest....

Most of you wont like it.....

Reduce their resistance that they can have down to 80 or 90% rather than the highest value there is now which is 98% or something.

Since they can use deflector and shelter, it should probably bring their resistances around a tank level or lower.

This would also allow PE's to cap their new resists and some poison too.....

Flame away.

/me puts on inquisition armor level 4

XaNToR
31-12-03, 19:47
PE resists 2 % more than tank and got less hp so what.... a normal PE loses every turret fight against a Tank

VetteroX
31-12-03, 19:49
sorry, stupid idea. PEs arent that bad, nish and I raided mb yesturday on our pes, 2 pes vs an army and owned every PE who attacked us (these were defending pes ptw, not people hunting wbs) pes are quite killable as it is.

BombShell
31-12-03, 20:10
2 things pes do need a change.

remove stealth. and bring bak the old blacksun and rolh clips to half the way it was. just remember reload time can sometimes mean the diffrences from victory to death.

and if u hav a tank, monk, pe, or even spy am sorry to say and takes over 100 damage from cs u shouldnt be talking in these threads about nerfs. because u havnt reach ur full pentential to relize that u can own.

and dont tell me that ebveryone out their take less thats bs. their r still some peeps that even take 175 from cs and these r rank /65 tanks and 90 damage on pe's.

these r the peeps that complain about nerf more and end up screwing everything over agin. its the libbie nerf agin when none actully known about resis frc actually resis it at the biggining.

Morris
31-12-03, 20:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It's very obvious from the way you speak and the comments you've made in other threads, about them.

Sefran just so happens to have had a very good APU for a long time (recently lommed to PPU), so I'd imagine he knows what he's talking about regarding the class.

Personally, my only quibble with the PE (and it's a minor one) is their access to lvl 2 stealth. So here's a litle idea that struck me last night:

- No changes to the way the devices
- Due to the low(er) DEX/INT of a PE, they can't quite operate the stealth tool to its maximum effectiveness. 2 successive uses of stealth 1 by a PE results in a light drug flash, increasing with each following use. 1 use of stealth 2 gives a Deso Forte-esque flash.
- Stealth 2+ will have the same effect on spies, with 2 being the same as 1 on PEs and a single use of Obliterator giving the instant equivalent of a Redflash drop :eek:

This will hopefully give PEs the ability to sneak in, strike, and escape (stealth 1 being the best for this purpose) once, while spies can offset their weaker defense with a new role of their own. Spies and PEs who have in the past relied on chain-stealthing to make up for their inability to fight will be in a world of hurt, but it will still be a useful tool for those who know how and when to use it.

Oath
31-12-03, 20:25
PE resists 2 % more than tank and got less hp so what.... a normal PE loses every turret fight against a Tank
Yes normally, but as we saw at uranus fightnight last night.......pe's own...

Normal pe's aka noobs...

Not experienced ones who have spent time on their setups, people like you, rabbi etc.

So......

Duder
31-12-03, 20:29
Originally posted by Oath
Yes normally, but as we saw at uranus fightnight last night.......pe's own...

Normal pe's aka noobs...

Not experienced ones who have spent time on their setups, people like you, rabbi etc.

So......

What can i say, seems like a reasonable reason to nerf pes, i think nerfing their resists by taking away the medium energy belts and viper/titan armor from the pes reach (high up the armor reqs) would be sufficant. Also high the Stealth INT reqs, so that PEs cant use stealth 1.

Birkoff
31-12-03, 21:28
I don't own a Pe but i think there PERFECT as they are...

We had great fun hunting some PEs at MB a few nights back whjo had stealth 1/2 between them.. we had poison/DB/truesite and tanks with mals/moons......

If you on;y had spies like that i don't think it would go on for as long plus they would mainly be rifle spies and there would be less up close fighting.

Out of interest do ravangers hit stealthed targets?

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 22:21
PE's are ok nothing wrong with them but i can't comment on the stealth issue but I know for a fact it shouldnt be nerfed as spys NEED it as much as tanks NEED there cs. All this talk of nerfing is getteing real old real fast especially the nerf the ppu posts I still dont know why they needed to be nerfed. In my opinion spys need a boost in combat *prepares for flames*

Beanie McChimp
31-12-03, 22:26
hell another PE nerf thread... how do u want to nerf the PE ? a PE is a mix out of tank spy Monk...... u cant nerf them without nerfing /boosting other class..

The smartest thing I've heard all day. Just because a PE isn't specialised don't mean he has to be nerfed. Hell I have a poker, hacker, rifle spy.(oh yeah BOOST THE SPY)

L0KI
31-12-03, 22:36
ive gone on a PA/Stealth strike.

My PE will no longer be using either. Ive even changed my weapon to Wyatt Earp just to really fuckin wind people up :p

Jest
31-12-03, 22:41

My PE will no longer be using either. Ive even changed my weapon to Wyatt Earp just to really fuckin wind people up :p Wyatt = quick slot 2 baby haha. Nothing beats the pure humiliation of killing some one with one of those babies.

lullysing
31-12-03, 22:47
Anyone that thinks that PEs are uber needs to seriously rethink their strategies, their implants and their resists.

Being a good pvp PE is fucking harsh, and the problem is that every time someone seemingly finds a possible interesting edge to play on ( for example, the blacksuns ) then every member of the "1337 of the week" switches en masse because they have no fucking imagination to invent their own strategies.

I know only 3 PEs that were into blacksuns .... Rade, Jack Drake and me ( juju) . The ones that came after that didn't even get that the reason i was so fucking strong with that gun is because mine is a 5 slotter, not a 2 slotted PoS i got on special. Or that Rade had a 4 slotter and amazing setups like i know she's always had since day one.

When i switched to the ryker napalm and people were freaked out by the firerate i was getting off the frikking thing, nobody asked why i could pump out that many shots with the thing ( that's because it's got 4 slots, amoungs other things ).

Everything about high level Pe performance is affected by equipment, skill equalisation and some wicked ass aiming practice ( because dodging CS bursts like the energizer bunny on speed and actually hitting with your gun at the same time is somewhere related to rocket science, believe me).

Stealth ? Stealth simply enhaced the defenses of the pe in the manner that we now have a choice. By default, we can choose to pull out of a fight if we want to. 8 seconds of stealth is not a long time to be gone. Deal with the fact that your opponent can ( and will) escape from you.

lullysing
31-12-03, 22:50
Wyatt = quick slot 2 baby haha. Nothing beats the pure humiliation of killing some one with one of those babies.

Naah.... what's more humiliating is setting corpses on fire with the thing while these people are waiting for a raise. Makes for a nice...fresh from the over look...

Leebzie
01-01-04, 01:06
Just about nerfs... *sighs* Hey ! we got monks nerfed ! Lets nerf EVERYTHING !!! Lets NERF EVERYTHING INTO THE FLOOR !!!

sorry... kinda drunk , but will people ever stop crying out for nerfs o_O ?

Devils Grace
01-01-04, 19:19
1st of all i didnt talk about nerf and neither Ezza.

What u said LOKI was that if a apu ever kill ur PE u will
cry acuse of sheating and some more, and i dont feel goin back to quote.

so in another words u said that its impossible one to kill u
dont tell me to read the threads carefully, its u that say things, that urself dont understand

even I with my poor english written and compreehension, understood what u said.

u and shadow dancer are talking like when u fight someone, that one must be still, kuz u assume that u hit every shot u make...
thats why im pissing u both out
i can admit that a apu must be much more skilled then the PE for to kill him, but not like u both are saying

about Vet i didnt say that he wasnt good
Yes he is very good, i have big laughs when is out and ganking ppl, but i personally think he has a big ego, but unlike u i never saw him say that he is god and no one is able to kill him

u in the other hand......

Shadow Dancer
01-01-04, 19:22

u and shadow dancer are talking like when u fight someone, that one must be still, kuz u assume that u hit every shot u make...

If you think that's what I was saying, then you didn't even understand what the hell my point was.

Not surprised though.

:rolleyes:

Selendor
01-01-04, 20:54
I'm sorry this thread kind of went mental when I suggested that lower APU's can kill PE's. But I was just stating what happened in multiple duels. Sometimes the PE would win easily (I use Pain Easer btw, multiple ammo mods), and other times the APU would get off a large salvo of Holy Lightnings before we could take him down. It seemed balanced, if there is such a thing possible.

The point I was trying to make was that the PE's were capped but the APU's were not, and that there is a core of very good PE's going around at cap, who due to their optimised setup and skills (not my skills it seems ;p) can sometimes make the PE class seem overly strong.

At the end of the day I agree with Veterox' post, the stealth is the only thing that could be changed a little. And reading through this thread it seems most people would be in agreement with that.

Flyl
02-01-04, 04:22
Originally posted by Flyl
The majority of people wouldn't know balanced if it walked upto them and hit them, they only want changes that benefit them

Netphreak
02-01-04, 04:51
i think i would take 10 or maybe even 15 lvl's of psi and add them too
INT
STR
DEX

so eg. taking 15 of PSI

INT 65
STR 65
DEX 85

can anyone see where im going with this? they have lost part of their psi defense and uber heal rate but they have gained more INT so those without a SA don't have to use a exp blaistic wep3 to use med belts.
The extra STR would allow for lvl 3 armor.
And extra DEX well the do sortta need it.

To balance this tho spies would need a slight change to give them 25 PSI maybe 5 of INT.
They could do with more STR but that would only make them once again into a weakly defensed pe.

Bl1nd
02-01-04, 05:07
we dont need more nerfs to other classes just boost the nerfed classes to balance everything

in my opinion nerfs always result in something bad

Duder
02-01-04, 05:09
Netphreak, youre idea will totally screw over PEs, taking away 15 useful PSI levels for 5 meager points in str, dex and int. Not only will you make PEs into a spy with weak dex, int a little more con (But Spies get a suit that gives them max x-ray resists they can ever need so the extra con the PEs will have will make them sub-human), the PEs wont be able to stealth around, causing apus with poison beams and capped Holy Lightnings much grief.

PEs use all their strengths to overcome their weakness, screwing their PSI over sounds like a good plan to screw just about everything thats PE.

Shakari
02-01-04, 07:36
Yah Ive been trying to figure that one out myself. The PE hasnt changed a single bit since the PAs came out and they have had stealth like this entire year. Where the hell are all these posts coming from? Do you people think for yourselves or do you just see what every one else is posting and then repeat that?

PA PE is overpowered? Stealth is overpowered? Well my PE doesnt use either and I can beat well over the majority of PEs. I could have had the same setup now as I did when the epics were released, but yet I saw no nerf PE threads then. FFS think for yourselves for once.

If you truly think PEs need nerfing then ask yourself whats changed. Have they always needed nerfing? Whats different now? And while we are on the similiar subject the next person who says rifle PEs are worthless is gonna get pistol whipped by me. If you haven't ever had a rifle PE and a pistol PE then shut yer damn mouth haha. :mad:

I got both :D and rifles ain't as good imo :) but there not quite worthless tho hehe

and i wish ppl would sink the god damn nerf boat that they seem to like to ride !!! :D:rolleyes: PE don't need changing :D

give tanks a slightly faster run speed with the cannons out and and give melee diferent dmg mods and mods for freq and handling to :D also a mods for shockers would be usless but a nice continuety change :D:D:D

Flea
02-01-04, 08:30

My PE will no longer be using either. Ive even changed my weapon to Wyatt Earp just to really fuckin wind people up :p

me = uses tpc RATHER than CS, just to make killing someone all the sweeter. Also i lose alot more but, those wins = cool :angel: :angel:

sanityislost
02-01-04, 08:32
eh dont fuck with my sexy apu cause i got a kinky set up planned for her