PDA

View Full Version : View?

Prodigious
31-12-03, 00:59
I was just thinking about the 3rd person view in neocron and wondered if anybody used it to pvp or even fight mobs, or whether they just use it when standing around to admire themselves, i think doc holliday probably will he obviously thinks hes a sexy character since he never wears PA :p .

I like to use it for PvM cos it looks so much cooler, though PvP i use it depending what mood im in (tho i hardly PvP so thats a bit irrelevant)

anyways ive put up a few options so let me know if and when you use it, and post why, cos ive never known what people think about it.

Thanks Prod

Jest
31-12-03, 01:06
Most people use it the majority of time.

I personally like to see where the people Im fighting are at. The only time I ever use first is when Im hunting in close quarters areas.

wun
31-12-03, 01:09
ah jest summed it up...

although i am reasonably new to 3rd person and still getting used to it...

Opar
31-12-03, 01:34
Outdoor hunting: Thirdperson
Indoor hunting: Fire/third person
Indorr PvP: First and Third
Outdoor PvP: third

ezza
31-12-03, 01:36
i use 3rd person, cos my tank looks sexy with his purple top and his newly aquired red tan :D

Military Ten
31-12-03, 02:11
i use it all the time lol, its easier for me to PVP in and PVM..for PVP of course you can see where your enemy is if theyre sneaking up behind you, and PVM you can see a warbot ganking you from the front while a Brute bites your ass off ^^

athon
31-12-03, 12:31
Depends upon the weapon mainly.

On my rifleman, I use 3rd person for up-close combat with weapons like the Pain Easer, while using third when I'm sniping at people (Silent Hunter).

On my tank I use 3rd person for speedgun (just due to the sheer size of the weapon - losing half your screen is not fun), while using 1st when using long range weapons like the fusion cannon and RL.

On my monk I always use 3rd person.

Athon Solo

Archeus
31-12-03, 12:33
I use both depending on the situation and location.

Also when I'm using my APC (only) I do ...

/set ctrl_cameradistance 10000

Best way to see if someone falls out of the dam thing.

DonnyJepp
01-01-04, 10:11
Neocron is the world's first and only MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) that brings you a dense Cyberpunk atmosphere. It is also the first MMORPG that looks, feels and is almost as easy to play as a 3D first person shooter .

Targeting is definately easier in 3rd person mode. The hit-box for your target "feels" about twice as big as it would in 1st-person mode.

O_o

g0rt
01-01-04, 10:28
3rd person all the time, UNLESS barreling or using aoe cannons ;d

Spectra260
01-01-04, 10:37
tanks practically HAVE to use it to fight...

if we couldnt it would fucking blow and everyone would suck and they would need to boost the tank class:rolleyes:

01-01-04, 13:59
Find aim in 1st person better but I use 3th person when I'm running through the wastelands.

Nash_Brigham
01-01-04, 14:01
It depend son the situation really. Mostly I try to stick with 3rd person, but I switch to first if a situation really calls for it.

J. Folsom
01-01-04, 15:41
I just use third person to admire the sexy smokings on my spies. There's nothing better then a spy in a purple suit!

jernau
01-01-04, 17:48
3rd person on tanks when weapon is drawn
1st the rest.

Drake6k
01-01-04, 17:53
PvM I spend a lot of my time 1st person. When your sniping, using barrels, or in a small area 3rd just sucks. Running around, pvp, and everything else, I'm always 3rd :cool:

Rieper
01-01-04, 17:58
Small areas is first person even for a tank... every where else, unless AoEing is third.. it basically gives you an extra 40 degrees of vision and lets you see behind yourself

robinitnow
01-01-04, 18:25
3rd person every now and then for no reason + in the subway cause it looks so cool and when using heavy weapons.

Psyco Groupie
01-01-04, 18:31
3rd for monks ? YUCK

maybe for tanks ... i find first better for tpc/ cs atm