PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid exp

Cyphor
30-12-03, 16:44
Imo if hybrids are ment to be viable then the exp gain rate needs to be fixed, on the process of loming my ppu to apu a while ago i thought id stick with hybrid when half way, ive tweaked my setup and can take a beating and do ok dmg (PvM) i have no DS or kami, so my rank is only 57/62** and yet i get next to no exp! I cleared the yatono worm caves 5 times solo yesterday and got about 500k exp, on a pure or any other class that should have been a few million, so why is hybrid exp so low? Is it due to using lower tl spells? If so shouldnt kk fix this?

Stigmata
30-12-03, 16:52
if u cleared the worm tunnels 5 times at rank 57/ u would have gotten a load more exp than that.

either the spawn was wank or u miss counted/exagerated

at 58/ on my apu i get 240k for 120/120 mob and about 40-60 for 60/60 - 80/80

Cyphor
30-12-03, 17:08
The count may be slighlty off but not by millions as i checked before is started hunting and after, the spawns weren't great but there were at least 10 mobs each run, rank 70 - 100. Using a holy energy halo and dmg boost i do decent enough dmg, but i just dont seem to be getting the exp i would on my apu/pe's/droner.
I'll do more testing to check the exact amounts on each mob but im sure its alot less than ive been used to on other chars :(

Stigmata
30-12-03, 17:11
maybe becuase your using a lower tl weapon

higher tl = higher exp

Cyphor
30-12-03, 17:13
Originally posted by stigmata
maybe becuase your using a lower tl weapon

higher tl = higher exp

Yeah thats my guess too, but im not sure you can get any decent dmg on a hl without a ds or kami, so the poorer hybrids suffer lower exp loss as they havent got all the rare equip :(

ghandisfury
30-12-03, 17:54
I'm sorry mate, I feel no pitty. To tell you honestly I can't wait until the annihilate hybrids all together.

Original monk
30-12-03, 18:00
Originally posted by Cyphor
Yeah thats my guess too, but im not sure you can get any decent dmg on a hl without a ds or kami, so the poorer hybrids suffer lower exp loss as they havent got all the rare equip :(

indeed: my PE also leveld slower then other PE's, i dont have a Sf /SA and 5 slotted weapons to level with: instead its more like veh.chip 3,2,1 and remote ctrl 3 and a dexbooster3 as chips and a zeroslotted (but constructed) tl 63 uzi .... cause i havent got all the rare equipment like a rare uzi and ultrarare chips ...

its not the same but it still stays a pistolPE (altough this is an imaginary situation :P)

But then to youre topic: i tought maybe sumthing about not capping the spells you use, so getting lower damage, but then again i tought that if ya killed a hilevel mob that ya got somesort of fixed XP: so 27k for a 70/70 swampslimer, 36k for a 80/80 swampslimer, and 60-70k for a flying 100/100 swampslimer ...
nomather if ya use a holy energyhalo or energybeam, nomather if it took you 2 hours to kill that single mob or if it took 1,2 minute ... i didnt test this at any way but thats yust the way it seems to me when i play ...

i leveld great with my 52/25 hybrid in the chaoscaves and got good experience, solo and in team (he did had an apukami in :/ ) and now he's 66/40 and he still levels very nicely ..
yesterday a ppumonk gave me a psicombatbooster3 by accident and i got 81/40 rank, i still leveld but not that fast anymore, certainly not in team .. but i still got much better xp then you describe.

I suggest to you that you go find a team to level with and see if youre xp stays the same, probably ya gain more, also from youre teammembers .. still weird that ya get less xp solo-ing, maybe cause ya dont cap damage on youre weapons i dunno, normally ya yust get the same amount of xp for every fen fire ya kill i tought, when youre 52/.. as you describe that is ..

go team some people and see if it works, good look with youre new hybrid: they still stay the number 1 chars to have fun with, certainly in pvm :) in my eyes :)

Candaman
30-12-03, 18:13
i don't know what ur doing but my hybrid attack rank 86*** gets about 8 mil a run from soloing the e12 chaos caves

ezza
30-12-03, 18:22
Originally posted by Candaman
i don't know what ur doing but my hybrid attack rank 86*** gets about 8 mil a run from soloing the e12 chaos caves thats his point though his combat rank is a lot lower than yours so hes saying does that effect it

Candaman
30-12-03, 18:29
but i've always got that amount of xp even since i was a 61 apu with a 50 ppu and we'd come out with 4 mil a piece

Cyphor
30-12-03, 19:36
i don't know what ur doing but my hybrid attack rank 86*** gets about 8 mil a run from soloing the e12 chaos caves

Even on my apu i dont get 8 mill a run soloing in the chaos caves :( not sure what im doing wrong, however think i might try teaming to get my exp, should go faster i was just hoping that as a hybrid i could lvl well alone. And with rank 86*** i take it your using hl? or holy barrels ?

If its the tl of my spell thats giving , me a prob would i get more exp from using a weak hl? I've got my halo at about 410% dmg atm, so if i go to hl il be slower but with more exp. Not sure if it will balance out as more exp over time.

Edit: @ Candaman from the we i take it your teaming?

Babai
30-12-03, 19:43
So in reality the highter TL weapon I use the more exp I get?

MjukisDjur
30-12-03, 20:20

8 mil?? :O

Candaman
30-12-03, 20:34
using holy nrg barrel (not thunderstorm) and holy nrg halo

Omnituens
30-12-03, 20:54
8 million seems about right for a solo chaos cave run