PDA

View Full Version : Getting Married ?

Crest
30-12-03, 14:41
When I started playing and was introduced to my first clan , one of the chars told me how they were married to another in Neocron ?

I have heard nothing of thisn sort of thing since, so I was wondering, does this really happen or what was she on about ?

Psychoninja
30-12-03, 14:46
Lisa and Kramer got married ingame...

\\Fényx//
30-12-03, 14:47
its a RP marriage

Crest
30-12-03, 14:49
So now how do you go about this..I assume you dont share apps

\\Fényx//
30-12-03, 14:50
Originally posted by Crest
So now how do you go about this..I assume you dont share apps

it's not a feature in the game or anything, you just have a 'friend' ingame thats normally the opposite sex to your char, and you roleplay a marriage O_o have a laugh staging a wedding etc. . .

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 14:57
which I hear was wonderfull, though I heard talk's of violence at other wedding's, not uncommon for the less weathly wedding's to be held in pepper park and thus, often end with someone wandering in with a gun and blasting the guests..

Matthew.v.smith
30-12-03, 15:03
Sounds like fun :p

Anyone wanna marry me? :(
(Males need not apply :p)

Matty.:angel:

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 15:30
Matty, it should be a more natural progression of RP between freind's.. Not somthing to just "do", more a thing that happen's.

Candaman
30-12-03, 15:37
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
it's not a feature in the game or anything, you just have a 'friend' ingame thats Normally the opposite sex to your char, and you roleplay a marriage O_o have a laugh staging a wedding etc. . .

Lisa Davitt is a ... no never mind thats just DIS corrupting me my bad

FeeNiX
30-12-03, 15:40
RP is RP....it should all be in game anyway....what does it matter whos on the other end, unless you plan on swapping RL pictures, or doing the nasty in plaza

Candaman
30-12-03, 15:43
Originally posted by FeeNiX
RP is RP....it should all be in game anyway....what does it matter whos on the other end, unless you plan on swapping RL pictures, or doing the nasty in plaza

So u wouldn't mind marrying a man pretending to be a woman?

ezza
30-12-03, 15:43
Originally posted by Candaman
So u wouldn't mind marrying a man pretending to be a woman? though most the "women" in this game were men anyway

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 15:46
So u wouldn't mind marrying a man pretending to be a woman?

If the man can fool me into thinking he's a woman, why the hell not.. Though pretending not needed since I'd not marry a woman, or a man, I'm a lone Tiger hear my roar *meow*

Originally posted by ezza
though most the "women" in this game were men anyway

And some of the men are women... or somthing like that, many don't lie and just say the female avatar's look better than the male one's.. which is true, cept for tank's and spy's.

FeeNiX
30-12-03, 15:47
If its going to be an RP relationship, its all roleplay, you dont kick in OOC real life stuff... I know about Lisa but i have still hung out with her ingame and talked to her, Real life doesnt factor in, she never has a manly moment, its pure RP, and frankly she is very good at it.

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 15:54
I've made my first pure RP char, I intend to play IC at all time's, never breaking out...

Though I must say it's dead easy for a P'n'p RPer like myself, though I have to twist a little when trading and getting thing's built.. but still not broken out..

Candaman
30-12-03, 15:57
Ahh it must only be nc junkies like me that wake up and wonder which char i should go to work with (dammit thats embarressing to admit to) no i don't have a problem defining gaming from rl do i????? hmmmm anyway must only be nc junkies like me that will always have a thought in the back of the head don't rp too much that chick has a d... nm moving swiftly on

ezza
30-12-03, 16:03
Ahh it must only be nc junkies like me that wake up and wonder which char i should go to work with (dammit thats embarressing to admit to) no i don't have a problem defining gaming from rl do i????? hmmmm anyway must only be nc junkies like me that will always have a thought in the back of the head don't rp too much that chick has a d... nm moving swiftly on as long as you keep keep it in game you safe from the crossdressplaying members of the community

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 16:05
as long as you keep keep it in game you safe from the crossdressplaying members of the community

I'm just waiting on the MMOGRPG which you only get one char and it's only one server and your rewarded for playing the role you define when you start.

Candaman
30-12-03, 16:11
keep waiting lol

ezza
30-12-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I'm just waiting on the MMOGRPG which you only get one char and it's only one server and your rewarded for playing the role you define when you start. well if you limit the amount of accounts people clan have you limit the profit you can make so it aint gonna happen

Matthew.v.smith
30-12-03, 17:16
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Matty, it should be a more natural progression of RP between freind's.. Not somthing to just "do", more a thing that happen's.

Yeah dont worry i was just kidding :).

If I was gonna get married in game it would have to be with someone I had known for a long time and get along with well.
It would also help to be in a clan with that person so u can be close to them always. (awww so romantic lol).
and also someone u know u could trust to hold onto a SA or soemthing.

Get me?

Matty.
:angel:

t0tt3
30-12-03, 17:19
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q`alooaith
KK, but not Reakktor

well.... if you aint a swede you wont understand it anyway :p

Danae
30-12-03, 17:24
I was proposed to at the christmas party on Uranus, but I just don't know how serious my suitor was :p

Oath
30-12-03, 17:25
Originally posted by Danae
I was proposed to at the christmas party on Uranus, but I just don't know how serious my suitor was :p

I love you,

I was entirely serious, and you accepted anyway.....so :p

Q`alooaith
30-12-03, 17:45
Originally posted by t0tt3

Q`alooaith
KK, but not Reakktor

well.... if you aint a swede you wont understand it anyway :p

Hmm, PM me what it is...

The kk, but not reakktor is cause I was going to put just KK, but then it'd look like I was pretending to be ofical somhow, so I put but not Reakktor, some people might understand why.

well if you limit the amount of accounts people clan have you limit the profit you can make so it aint gonna happen

No no no.. you only get one char per account and there's only one server, so everyone's playing the same world, you could have multiple account's but then you'd be paying double.. the idea is though, the more you play your char type, as in you set your own rule's, (ie, Murder, but each + would carry a negative, so Murder's would also have the penalty Wanted, so anyone could hunt them down, though they could PvP without penalty, though they would gain bonus to jumping somone form behind and chopping them up..)

Jest
30-12-03, 18:49
I went to Lisa and Kramer's wedding and it was pretty cool. It was down in the BYB room.

Thats the only in game marriage Ive heard of in Neocron but there were TONS in Ultima Online. I even had a friend who was a dedicated wedding planner. :p She put on some really good weddings. Man now I miss UO. :(

As for roleplaying the opposite gender, I think its fine. Most guys who play girls have ridiculous names like "I likeh teh cock" or something stupid like that. Although if you got too in to it, it might be kinda wierd. Plus most of the female characters in this game are male. I only know a few that are actually female. Though if you can believe it, I know a female who has a TG male character, and she doesn't tell any one he's a she. Hehe I dont even think she knows that I know. :eek:

MayhemMike
30-12-03, 20:08
I know a woman on saturn that plays a male tank :p. I think that ingame marriges are weirdos, nuff said...

LISA DAVITT IS A /\/\@/\/

Vampire222
30-12-03, 20:20
stfu mike. im married to sweet leaf ingame :P

Candaman
30-12-03, 20:36
we know who wears the trousers in vamp and sweet leafs relationship then

J. Folsom
30-12-03, 20:39
we know who wears the trousers in vamp and sweet leafs relationship then They both do, everyone in NC always wears trousers! :p

Candaman
30-12-03, 20:43
not me carmen hacked em grrrrr but i got her boots muahahahhaa

Vampire222
30-12-03, 20:43
Originally posted by J. Folsom
They both do, everyone in NC always wears trousers! :p
no they wear pants sometimes
i got carmens hawking.... think its hers

Beanie McChimp
30-12-03, 21:18
lmao no matter what spin you put on it ingame marriages are really really pathetic.

Oath
30-12-03, 22:00
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
lmao no matter what spin you put on it ingame marriages are really really pathetic.

So your against roleplaying?

no one asked you to be a sourpuss, its a mmo R P G people wanna roleplay good on em.

Archeus
30-12-03, 22:44
Maybe add an Attorney subskill for those people wanting divorces.

Normally from marriages I have seen out of 10 couples...
2 couples would marry for roleplay reasons

The rest would marry for one of the following reasons...
- Get l33t stuff.
- Get ingame status.
- Get Laid (until they find out its a man and start humming the crying game theme tune in thier head over and over).
- Thinking they are actually getting into a meaningful relationship that will spill over into the real world.

Amazing how a lot of people dont know what roleplay is.. I had an old GF who had no problem with the RP malarky and would play male/female and probably wouldn't of said boo to me getting married in a game. My current one would probably go nuts.

ezza
30-12-03, 23:30
Originally posted by Archeus

The rest would marry for one of the following reasons...
- Get l33t stuff.

good enough reason to me:D

Military Ten
31-12-03, 01:33
i remember Xecutioner telling me on Uranus, when he used to play on Pluto someone got married at the Big Yellow Ball. :D I have a spy sitting in there on pluto LoL did someone really get married there?

Jest
31-12-03, 01:38
Originally posted by Military Ten
i remember Xecutioner telling me on Uranus, when he used to play on Pluto someone got married at the Big Yellow Ball. :D I have a spy sitting in there on pluto LoL did someone really get married there?

Originally posted by Jest
I went to Lisa and Kramer's wedding and it was pretty cool. It was down in the BYB room.

Yup. :p

Military Ten
31-12-03, 01:42
oh didnt know what BYB meant :D my bad

Leebzie
31-12-03, 02:01
Originally posted by Oath
I love you,

I was entirely serious, and you accepted anyway.....so :p

Omg, oath u got danae ?

Maybe ill come back on my APU and kill you for the jealousy :p :)

Didnt j00 know ! I wubs her too :p

Oath
31-12-03, 02:13
Originally posted by Leebzie
Omg, oath u got danae ?

Maybe ill come back on my APU and kill you for the jealousy :p :)

Didnt j00 know ! I wubs her too :p

You and what army dude :D

you should come back and sex uranus lol.

Leebzie
31-12-03, 02:14
Originally posted by Oath
you should come back and sex uranus lol.

Sex @ Uranus...
ok...that sounded very wrong :wtf:

lol ill drop in and say 'RAWR' sumtime.

Wannabe
31-12-03, 02:37
I sport some Engagement rings and Wedding rings in AO.. ^^

NC isn't that social game, if you really think about it. I could never give a proper hug or a kiss and with all the sex'ing going on in P1.. :-O

// Wannabe

ezza
31-12-03, 02:41
Originally posted by Wannabe
I sport some Engagement rings and Wedding rings in AO.. ^^

lol how many times you get married then:eek:

Arbiter
31-12-03, 02:42
There are weddings ingame, but the most weddings are on Jupiter (I can't say anything about Venus). There are also RL relationships which started in NC.

Just remember what the letters R, P and G stand for and a IG marriage is part of RPG.

ezza
31-12-03, 02:44
Originally posted by Arbiter
There are weddings ingame, but the most weddings are on Jupiter (I can't say anything about Venus). There are also RL relationships which started in NC.

Just remember what the letters R, P and G stand for and a IG marriage is part of RPG.

Random Player Ganking, right?

Vampire222
31-12-03, 02:46
yes ezza, yes!

ezza
31-12-03, 02:47
cool i though it was some shit were you pretend your someone you aint:p

Vampire222
31-12-03, 02:48
cool i though it was some shit were you pretend your someone you aint:p
some people misinterprete it for role playing game... which is total rubbish

Oath
31-12-03, 02:59
Originally posted by Arbiter

How do we get in contact with you arbiter?

I wanna small ceremony with a few friends, some flowers, mebbe a drom or two.......you know, the little things........

:D

Wannabe
31-12-03, 03:00
lol how many times you get married then:eek:

Don't intend to get married in-game tho.. because my fiancee would like... kill me.. or worse, delete my account! :eek:

// Wannabe

Danae
31-12-03, 03:14
arbiter@neocron.com, playerevents@neocron.com

those are the emails where you can get in touch with Arbiter :D

FeeNiX
31-12-03, 03:24
At its core this is a RPG, and if you roleplay more power to you, people who want to bash the few RPers who are around need to drink a beer, and live and let live, how does 2 people RPing a marriage threaten you enough to call them pathetic? No matter how much KK says that PvP is central to this game, it still is meant to be a RPG not a straight up FPS....goto planetside or counterstrike if you just want to hold down your mouse button, laugh insanely, and droll while killing people.

Kimiko
31-12-03, 05:42
I proposed to Kyle Vorgon on pluto a few weeks ago, but he turned me down :(

Oh well, I left recently anyway. SWG actually has a proper marriage feature :p

Military Ten
31-12-03, 05:51
dang, someone needs to propose on uranus LOL i would laugh and go to their wedding ill even make a spy to wear the nice buisness suit :D

Rieper
31-12-03, 06:09
Ah, You can call me Father Reaper. I presided over Lisa and Kramers marriage, twas a wondrous day with confetti, laughter, alcohol and ressurection...thats all i remember anyhow

jernau
31-12-03, 06:33
Originally posted by Kimiko
Oh well, I left recently anyway.

Again?
Already?

Kimiko
31-12-03, 06:42
Yep. NC is same as it ever was.

SWG is rather more... erm... expansive.

Rieper
31-12-03, 08:55
Yep. NC is same as it ever was.

SWG is rather more... erm... expensive.

:p

Kimiko
31-12-03, 11:04
Ok, so NC is cheaper, but I would rather pay twice the price (its an extra £5 or so) and get more content and a better MMORPG.

Archeus
31-12-03, 11:59
Ok, so NC is cheaper, but I would rather pay twice the price (its an extra £5 or so) and get more content and a better MMORPG.

your SOL with SWG then.

Crest
31-12-03, 12:26

I am not sure how this relates to the topic, but take into consideration the following ....

Where Neocron is a pioneer in MMORPG, SWG is a follower, KK initiated the trend, and are trend leaders , inovators where SWG are Entrupeners, taking whats there, looking at the competition and then developing the product from that point....

I am not saying they have taken any content, or ideas from KK, but KK established there was a demand and was among the first to move on it...SWG is a new product and 10 months the child of NC in retail.

Sure there is a lot in SWG that is not in NC, like wise NC holds a lot that is not in SWG.... And both are evolving. KK have a winning formula, and will improve their product as this will ensure growth.

Pioneers in industry always have 1 problem and thats, they did the hard work, and then competition come along and setup shop, quicker and cheaper purely cause they dont have to establish the idea, and sell it....

KK will be bringing out BDOY, and they know it needs to deliver in order to be competitive with SWG , Matrix Online and others....

I am not defending KK, they do have their short falls, as do all companies... I do have one question for you though...

If SWG is so good, and all why are you on the Neocron Forums ... i don't understand if NC is so bad why U wasting your time ????

Kimiko
31-12-03, 12:36
I dont hate NC in any way, its a good game. Its just not an MMORPG - its an MMOFPS. There are ways to RPG in the game, but the in game mechanics are not geared toward it, and the general "vibe" of the game steers people away from roleplaying.

Dont get me wrong, I like NC for what it is - but after all the bugs, crashes, friends leaving, etc. the time in NC will be remembered, though not all favourably.

Hell, first time I played SWG in beta I was bored to death after a week. Being an artisan, surveyor, scout, medic all at once was boring as hell. Now I'm working with other people, and I've never had so much fun in a computer game.

[Edit - KK took two winning formulars, the MMO, and the FPS and combined them. They've done it pretty well, but it could have been done better IMO... I'm not gonna go into a list of what I think could be done because there is no point whatsoever.]