PDA

View Full Version : Idea: New Use for Psi's and New weapons for the all of us.

Shujin
30-12-03, 07:15
What am I talking about? Well heres an example.

Spell Pistol / Rifle / Cannon- Pistols, Rifles, and Cannons that can do Psi damage along with their normal damage(Piercing, Force, Etc.). All of them require a good amount of Psi Use in Int as well as Dex ( for Psitole / Psiffle ) and Str ( Psinnon ) to be used.
Example of one of the Spell pistols: Holy Crahn FireBeam Uzi
( would shoot red lasers at uzi speed and have sound of uzi ) would do piercing and fire damage.

These guns will have no ammo mods, only barrel mods and could use Psi spell and gun rifle mods.
IE: Psi-Frequency mod and Pistol-Barrel

And what am I talking about giving new use for psi's?
well for these spells to be created i think they should be constructed by a psi constructor.
Psi's have 100 int, so they can construct. but their dex is low so they cant get alot of slots. But i dont think there should be many slots on these due to the fact that you cant ammo mod.

But if its to hard to make a blueprint thats only constructible by psi's i'd be ok for them to implement this using normal construction methods ;]

Candaman
30-12-03, 12:24
Originally posted by Shujin
Example of one of the Spell pistols: Holy Crahn FireBeam Uzi
( would shoot red lasers at uzi speed and have sound of uzi ) would do piercing and fire damage.

Let me get this rite u want a ppu that can use a fire modded uzi which is effectively what ur describing which they can do any way if they gimp themselves enough. In actual fact ur talking about a Monk/PE hybrid its one class or the other if ur a monk u can't expect to use every weapon in the game same as a tank can never hope to use HL

Shujin
30-12-03, 12:27
Originally posted by Candaman
Let me get this rite u want a ppu that can use a fire modded uzi which is effectively what ur describing which they can do any way if they gimp themselves enough. In actual fact ur talking about a Monk/PE hybrid its one class or the other if ur a monk u can't expect to use every weapon in the game same as a tank can never hope to use HL

well monks have limited dex.

Rade
30-12-03, 12:30
I sorta like it, weapons thats based on for example dex and
psi (for PEs and Spies) which does some weird damage types and
maybe uses psi power for ammunition. Could be based pretty
heavily on APU for damage etc instead of just weapon skill and
weapon lore. Would make for some interesting setups :p

t0tt3
30-12-03, 16:37
No......

APU are the ones that should do the most dmg output of them all else give them better defence...

Or we can just bring in the old hybrids back into the game again PPU with HL yay.

I mean comon cant make a PE do as much dmg as a APU. Thats just lame and how do you tweak it? RoF on 30/min like a rare barrel???

Rade
30-12-03, 17:56
I think you are completely missing the point totte, its simply a
idea for a new line of weapons which uses PSI as well, no one
ever said that they had to do more damage than APUs or
whatever.

Shadow Dancer
30-12-03, 18:20
I like the idea.

As a matter of fact, I thought of it a while ago. :p

I thought, like Rade, it could be based on apu+dex or something like that. Imagine APU pes!

More offense than other pes, ppu pes would have more defense.

Sounds kewl.

Dazist
30-12-03, 18:23
I think the game has more than enough psi stuff. Every character uses apu or ppu stuff already. What I'd like to see is techbased heals and shields. Nanobots and shieldgenerators (more than just deflector belts).

Shadow Dancer
30-12-03, 18:24
Yes Dazist, that too. I think Spies should be the complete opposite of monks. Having an array of powerful devices and gadgets that can rival monks. They should be an equally powerful class.

Heavyporker
31-12-03, 08:21
dasist... you just gave me an idea with that shield generator idea - gonna work on it but...

thx for the inspiration!

edit - the nano bots too, but thats a different thing.