PDA

View Full Version : LE situation getting out of control

VetteroX
30-12-03, 03:43
Well, every day I go pking, and every day, more and more people are wearing les. its not just the low levels now, today I saw plenty of capped people... im talking apu like 70/63 spy 69/65 pe 60/65 etc wearing les... For gods sake, MJS himself said this is suppost to be a pvp focused game! PLEASE go back to the original way things were, restrictions on the le, or AT LEAST make the le unusable after a certain level.

Also, ive said this amany times before, but im really sick of people exploiting the LE. I was pking FA's today, and this little 20/20 fa le monk was following us all over reporting out positions and stuff... please at least make a counter measure to this, like les cant team with non le people, or speak on faction chat.

Phlith
30-12-03, 03:46
Atleast it goes to show that people are making use of what they can rather than whining when they get ganked then start a huge bitchfest on the forums.

Callash
30-12-03, 03:47
No.

That's how the LE is supposed to be used. It's not like your entire Local List is green, eh? Just find someone else to waste :rolleyes:

Willgamte
30-12-03, 03:48
They changed so you can wear an LE at any level now?!

Sorry haven't been here for more then 7 months :o

Sounds a bit stupid, but what do I know...

Furion
30-12-03, 03:50
omg omg omg, ppl actually WEAR LEs?? i thought they were just for getting monk PAs :rolleyes:

Cyphor
30-12-03, 04:00
When people complain they get pked too much they get told to put le's in...when people put le's in people complain they cant pk them enough :confused:

The le imo is for use when you wish to stay out of pvp, be it for hunting in peace, or getting items from enemy territory.
This is a game people can play how they want , noone is forced to pvp and so the le is there for when people dont want to.

As for spying with a le in, that is lame, but i cant see many ways around it bar restricting the chat channels avaiable to le users eg cant direct/team a non le player as you mentioned above.

Keiron
30-12-03, 04:05
TBH, I think the LE should take some XP/$ from you. It should not however go back to the old higher restrictions. The one brain slot loss is enough in that aspect.
LE's also need to lose their ability to hack dead player's belts (and perhaps some way of keeping from grief'in people by hacking their warbots).

trigger hurt
30-12-03, 04:08
Originally posted by VetteroX
Well, every day I go pking, and every day, more and more people are wearing les. its not just the low levels now, today I saw plenty of capped people... im talking apu like 70/63 spy 69/65 pe 60/65 etc wearing les... For gods sake, MJS himself said this is suppost to be a pvp focused game! PLEASE go back to the original way things were, restrictions on the le, or AT LEAST make the le unusable after a certain level.

Also, ive said this amany times before, but im really sick of people exploiting the LE. I was pking FA's today, and this little 20/20 fa le monk was following us all over reporting out positions and stuff... please at least make a counter measure to this, like les cant team with non le people, or speak on faction chat.

You know, there was a time when I would say "let them play they want to play" because they pay the same amount we pay.

Yesterday, the events I saw in pepper park changed my mind for good. A 65/60ish LE'd PE, allied to Tsunami Syndicate was punching the gaurds, causing them to aggro on the bd in the area.

I died about 10 times, 9 of them was from this guy punching the gaurds. If this is an exploit, just edit this part, but it's most certainly not making the game any fun.

Spex
30-12-03, 04:12
Awwwww, pooooor Vet :p

VetteroX
30-12-03, 04:13
yes... thats just it... most of my screen is getting green. Thats the whole point. every day more and more and more le users.

Ryuben
30-12-03, 04:20
LOL OMG I PWNS YOU NOOB PUT UR LE IN

week later guy with LE in

Oh fuck i cant PK you now OHNOZZZZ!!!!

TAKE UR LE OUT NOOB SO I CAN PWNZ YOU!!!!1111oneoneone

:rolleyes: nuff said

Spex
30-12-03, 04:22
But it doesn't get "out of hand". Maybe it's just because the stupid mindless ganking going on everywhere is out of hand (I played beta4 and it was at no time that bad like it is in the last month(s)). Personally my chars have LE in, too, unless I go caving or have to do epic kills and that stuff.

Preventing LE users from hacking belts is ok; blocking channels or something for them is stupid (you can always communicate outside of NC, so the whole thing is pointless). Remove the "cross-boundary"-damage-bugs (non-LE kills LE and vice versa) and get the sanctum spells working for LE users ...

And about the spying thing ... personally I think in OP fights it's really lame, but why shouldn't they help "defending" their home, too?

Bob Monkhouse
30-12-03, 04:26
Players with Les in are making a statement that they don't want to take any part in PvP. I can sympathise with Vet, not on the issue of fewer people to gank, because there are plenty of non Led people around, but on the issue of interfering with combat between non LEd runners.

If an LEd runner follows you around, reports your position and blocks your shots, then IMO they are HARASSING you. They should therefore be reported, and KK should warn them about their conduct. Now, I am not suggesting that every LEd runner does this. When I have an LE in I am careful not to impact on PvP/OP wars, but some people are DEFINATELY abusing the LE, and these people should be sanctioned, because they are interfering with an element of the game they have made a conscious decision to stay out of, namely PvP. You cant have your cake and eat it.

I am a supporter of the LE, because it means people can COMPLETELY avoid being killed by other runners (Yes, I KNOW thats perhaps not 100% true, but if it happens you can report it). I sometimes use the LE on new runners, and can see why people like keeping it in even at high level. I didnt start enjoying PvP until I had played the game for about 6 months. BUT such a powerful tool must be used responsibly.

Honestly Vet, next time an LE user harasses you report them. Griefing is griefing.

Callash
30-12-03, 04:26
The LE is a switch to turn off PvP if you do not want it. To sour the pot some, you have to stay clanless and "waste" a brain slot on it.

The LE is perfectly fine, and if people use it to turn off PvP, then they do precisely what some people suggested numerous times (as stated already). If people use it to exploit, then that is a totally different story. Using the LE to be safe of Brother PK is not.

Judge
30-12-03, 04:27
Spying for OP wars and passing info on people who are fighting is LAME. Very LAME... I would say that its more LAME than TL3ing a PPU. Because there is NOTHING that the people can do about it, absolutely nothing. Oh, as is hacking people without LEs in belts.

Psyco Groupie
30-12-03, 04:31
get a pink rpos, im sure that will help

Devastation_0
30-12-03, 04:33
/Edited by Callash, it's not that hard to remember the Forum Rules forbidding Accusations towards Clans or Runners.

Judge
30-12-03, 04:34
Yeah.... but whenever I make a RPOS it looks shit. Can anyone give me the numbers for a nice pink RPOS?

ichinin
30-12-03, 04:38
[B]Well, every day I go pking, and every day, more and more people are wearing les.

Hmmm... i wonder why? Ever considered that some just want to be left alone?

I was pking FA's today, and this little 20/20 fa le monk was following us all over reporting out positions and stuff

So what are you waiting for, report him/her.

Bummer
30-12-03, 04:38
Any1 cry: "I get pked"

The most written answer is: "Put your LE in"

Now everybody wear LE

Another people cry: LE situation getting out of control

OMGLOLOLOLONEONEONE1111!!!!!!!!

Vid Gamer
30-12-03, 04:42
God forbid Vet can't show his l33t PK skillz...

:rolleyes:

jernau
30-12-03, 04:55
Originally posted by Cyphor
When people complain they get pked too much they get told to put le's in...when people put le's in people complain they cant pk them enough :confused:

Amazing how dumb some people are isn't it? 8|

I'd rather see the LE made more viable than less personally. I don't use one on any of my characters but I know people who do and are handicapped, IMO unfairly, because they choose to play that way.

Dade Murphey
30-12-03, 04:59
Vet dude...you really cry about this too much...I can run all over the place on pluto and not see that many LE'd people...but some how you managed to find, I guess, the gathering grounds of the LE users...just fuckin kill someone else and quit whining cause people don't want to be jumped by some gimp with a gun all the time (not a reference to you by the way)...but seriously man...there's more than enough people to jack...unless you like to head to noob lvling areas...then I can see how maybe they'd be wearing LE's...

*noob killer* :D

ServeX
30-12-03, 05:07
vet just shut up man, all you want to do is try to boost your ego on these forums, enoughs enough.

g0rt
30-12-03, 05:26
i haven't noticed this

but then again, I haven't went looking to pk noobs in a LONG, LONG time

i usually only fight against clanned players, and we all know they cant be clanned and have a LE in

KramerTheWeird
30-12-03, 05:30
Find some other victims, you have exploited these ones to the point they are wising up.

IceStorm
30-12-03, 05:38
Well, every day I go pking, and every day, more and more people are wearing les.
Where do you play NC, the Evil Cartman Parallel Universe? Every day I play NC on Pluto, I see yellow. Seas of yellow people. I'm amazed there are the occasionaly green people in Plaza 1.

Ever stop to think it's the server you're on that is the "problem"?

please at least make a counter measure to this, like les cant team with non le people, or speak on faction chat.
How does blocking team and faction chat help? Just switch to OCC or DMs...

They changed so you can wear an LE at any level now?!
I don't recall Retail ever having a LE reinstallation limit. I believe it was tested on the Test Server, but never implemented on the retail servers.

jernau
30-12-03, 05:41
Originally posted by IceStorm
I don't recall Retail ever having a LE reinstallation limit. I believe it was tested on the Test Server, but never implemented on the retail servers.

It was supposed to have an implantation limit but it never worked. I don't think they ever "officially" un-restricted it, they just ignored the bug as people prefer it this way.

Xian
30-12-03, 05:43
Serve, Kramer and Jernau said it the best. Find some other people to kill, your ego massaging gets very dull.

REMUS
30-12-03, 05:44
jesus christ vettro im putting you on ignore i dont know how you get this mind set about everything but your attitude to this game and the people that play it is quite irrational, ok they say there is:

1 asshole in every 50 people
1 person that can ruin your life in every 1000
1 person that is capable of killing without remorse you in every 10000

wtf are you? i dont understand your psychology becuase i know pkers and they dont consistantly act like you. vettro you should either get a reality check or go and see a psychologist becuase your princibles and morals are totally out of wack with the rest of the nc population.

EDIT: what Xian said :p

Flea
30-12-03, 05:49
If the LE has its old restrictions, that means nobody will use it. If nobody uses it, then the people who want to play neocron PEACEFULLY will most likely just quit. We can't afford any more lost players, people need to have an option if they get frustrated of being pked.

CerealKiller
30-12-03, 05:56
I'm hearing a theme song coming on....

(Sung to the tune of Rollin by Limp Bizkit)

Keep Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, Trolling.
Keep Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, Trolling.

IceStorm
30-12-03, 06:00
It was supposed to have an implantation limit but it never worked. I don't think they ever "officially" un-restricted it,
As I recall, they never officially implemented the Skill Rank 30 limit on the LE.

I did enough patch notes sifting in the last thread. I'll let you find the patch notes where it lists the implantation limit. If it helps, Retail Patch 166/167 (http://neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=228) is where KK lists item restrictions being lifted on the LE.

Gotterdammerung
30-12-03, 06:05
Ok, lets put the ego posting and posturing aside please. This is a forum for discussion and as I read the post the thing that springs to mind is that it's here not to discuss anything but to inflate egos and stir dissention. You've said in previous posts that sometimes you like to post for the sole intent of causing trouble but i have news, this isn't a pvt forum to get your jollies. Add something pertinent & revelent to the forum or else please refrain from saying what ammounts to empty calories.

As for the LE, complaining about people using it, wishing there were something implemented to prevent them from using it and further calling people that do use it exploiters smacks like some kind of pogrom in Stalinist russia. You can't always have your way or try to force it on others, adapt or die. This is the cusp of 2004, dictators are NOT allowed.

Now lets get some kind of decent discussion going or this will have a very short lifespan.

TheEnemy
30-12-03, 07:17
There are more LEs on Saturn than Pluto, I have noticed.

I don't care if people want to use an LE and miss out on all the fun in the game. But I wish I could make myself permanently invisible to them in fighting areas, because it's really the only way to keep LE as it is and stop the LE spies who hang around you and report your position. And I wish they weren't capable of blocking my shots or messing up my targeting either.

Basically, if they don't want to be part of the real game world where you can interact fully with other runners, then prevent them from seeing it. It's only fair.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 07:26
First, there was no mention of ego in this thread. The way I like to play is kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill and there just arent enough targets. Today, during prime time, nish and I went looking for people to kill on our pes. 300 people on, EVERYWHERE is barren. mb, all les and noobs. nobody hunting wbs. battle dome we find 2 fa and i pk them. all zones inbetween empty. le capped spy in battle dome... lame look more. oh look apu using hl! get him! god damn.. le.

ok so off to el fared. nobody run to crp, nobody. we cant raid tg and th anymore cause the carebears got thir way. and all the people we did come accross had les. finnaly, late night interestingly enough when like 120 people are on, we had a decent fight killing a capped apu, spy, and pe, and got a rare.

So whoop de friggin do, the WHOLE day, we find like 7 or 8 high level people to kill. rest had les in. when I kill a noob they scream kill someone your own level... i tell em please, PLEASE find one for me and Id love to. I cant raid anymore, so all I can do is try nto find people hunting wbs or fire mobs, as high level people want rares. we even checked all the chaos caves and couldnt find high level people or non le people.

Go to pluto? what a laugh... I left because there was nobody to pk... the servers empty.

Im in this game for 1 reason. cause its the only pvp mmorpg. I like the elements of leveling and stuff, so no i wont freaking play quake, and I play bf1942 plenty. but this WAS at least a unique game, leveling and lotsa pvp... and its losing that element. it jusat gets more and more carebear all the time. I mean i can see some opinions like prefering chocolate to vinilla, but I just dont see how anyone cant prefer to fight people then really poor AI... Im one of the last pkers, most have left the game.

I dont really wanna op war cause thats a big team vs a big team.. who cares if you win? its not your own work. when i kill people its alone or with 1, or max 2 other people, usually beating a larger group. Thats fun for me.

Anyway once again I feel this games place was as a pvp mmorpg.. thats whats brought me in. if its gonna be all les hows it diff from eq?

You dont understand how frustrating it is roaming all over the wastes, looking for people to kill and when you finnaly see a figure off in the distance, and you see the red faction, and see a swirly, and think oh boy... maybe hes got 2 rares... at very least it will be a fun kill... and then u see its le... it just sucks.

I hope that in DoY we get more people and nc goes back to what it was... a pvp mmorgp.

For the record, I dont tell people to put thiier les in. I gun any hostile down, and when the le user next to me says "you pking asshole" I tell him at least the guy I killed isnt a cowardly little puke like you who doesnt play the game as its meant to be. " I have respect for people who come back and try to fight instead of just wimping out... today like 8 low levels swamed us while we were pking and at least tried... of course they got killed but we didnt even bother taking the belts and at least they ateempt to fight back, and hopefully they will be the type to get high level and defend mb, battle dome, other hunting areas etc instead of just taking the lamer approach and sticking the le in, removing themselves from 1/2 of the game.

jernau
30-12-03, 07:28
Originally posted by IceStorm
As I recall, they never officially implemented the Skill Rank 30 limit on the LE.

I did enough patch notes sifting in the last thread. I'll let you find the patch notes where it lists the implantation limit. If it helps, Retail Patch 166/167 (http://neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=228) is where KK lists item restrictions being lifted on the LE.

Fair enough. I couldn't be arsed to look it up.

Keiron
30-12-03, 07:31
NC still is a PvP MMORPG. It simply has a way for people (weirdoes imho) to play the game without PvP. What I view as a problem with the LE is, they can hack belts, and they don't have to pay attention to faction ownership of areas (outside of guards). I think if KK removed their ability to have anything to do with QB's and made them lose a % of XP they would be 100% ok.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 07:35
omg... read thoes notes.... thats the king of carebear patches if ive ever seen one... that was indeed, a dark day for nc...

jernau
30-12-03, 08:03
First......

I weep for you....

oh no... wait a minute

I don't

It's morons like you that are the only really annoying thing about this game.

I'm rarely glad to see someone not enjoying this game, regardless of their play-style but everytime you post I hope it's because you have been further aggravated.

JackScratch
30-12-03, 08:14
OK, this is the most assinine thread ever. All I ever hear is "if you don'tt like it, put your LE in" well tard, they did. PKers have absolutely no perspective. Even wolves cultivate their prey, you guys aren't even that smart

Sealdude
30-12-03, 08:23
You mean people might not want to die? The LE players are going to have sit ins and disrupt trafic!!!!1111 ONOZ!111!!

Seriously if they want to do it that way its their choice. Maybe they really love PvM and thats it. One thing that needs to be done though is prevent them from hacking QBs and maybe, just maybe WBs they dident kill or help kill a lot.

.Cyl0n
30-12-03, 08:54
omg... read thoes notes.... thats the king of carebear patches if ive ever seen one... that was indeed, a dark day for nc...

i agree vet.. the last patch fucked nc up =/
i know alot of people that are pretty bored now =(

and op wars arent fun anymore either...

:(

.cy

g0rt
30-12-03, 09:20
fun op wars are planned op wars.

thats why there should be a system in place that FORCES you to plan op fights, a system like Shadowbane has for attacking towns and cities.

its been suggested multiple times but nothing has been done about it

*sigh*

superfresh
30-12-03, 09:24
KK made a possibly unintended move by making the MvP aspect of their game almost as enjoyable as the PvP. Many players are into this part of NC, so whats the harm?

The LE chip is also helpful for people who want to get MC5 parts. A lot of newer players don't have the benefit of the glass that was there for all of the veterans, so at least save LE users the trouble of dealing with PvP during their hunt there. I dont remember ever seeing, say, a DRE runner at MC5. This to me is the best reason for high level runners to use the chip, so let them do so.

MC5 aside, there are a lot of ppl who enjoy the game without the PvP part. Let them. It's their choice, not yours.

g0rt
30-12-03, 09:25
Originally posted by superfresh
MC5 aside, there are a lot of ppl who enjoy the game without the PvP part. Let them. It's their choice, not yours.

Ya those are the ones that quit every 90 days cuz they got nothing to do when they cap :rolleyes:

petek480
30-12-03, 09:30
Originally posted by g0rt
Ya those are the ones that quit every 90 days cuz they got nothing to do when they cap :rolleyes:
And your point is?

g0rt
30-12-03, 09:31
Originally posted by petek480
And your point is?

The games about pvp. People that don't pvp get bored so they should go play everquest with its 100,000,000,000 items and 10,000 classes instead of neocron with its 10,000 items and 4 classes.

Im surprised you didn't see the point, didn't think it was that difficult to pick up.

Psychoninja
30-12-03, 09:35
I think pete meant something more on the lines of "Who cares if they leave"

They're just spoiling the game for themselves. "Ooh leet, I have a 4 slot CS, but I have my LE in, I think I'll kill a rat"

:lol:

superfresh
30-12-03, 09:39
No argument either way, but there are players who are into the MvP thing. And lets face it, getting rares and such, with the amount that are out there, is a game in itself. Personally I played NC for 4 months or so before I discovered the whole PvP part, and its great, exciting, and challenging, and I like it.... but KK have made their world a lot of things to a lot of people. If some players want to use LE's and hunt and level, there's plenty for them to do, and I can't see why that would bother anyone.

REMUS
30-12-03, 09:41
grot ur a git, people can do what they want let them leave if they want screaming and moaning and they always will wether you agree or not, just becuase you play hardcore doesnt mean people who actually enjoy *shudder* the leveling tread mill, deserve any less credit than the guy who decides to stop mid cap and pk his way to con capp :p

and vettro camp pepper park its close to the nerve centre and you think your having fun killing people hunting? you think your good for killing people hunting with full inquiz armour on and viper king with hunting weapons, wtf is wrong with you there is no skill in that, you want pvp all the time go to nf and advertise all the time u will get more than 8 fights a day doing that you bloody noob.

Psychoninja
30-12-03, 09:46
PP would be a nice place to kill people in...if it didn't have the bloody overpowered guards it does now. They need to be nerfed.

jernau
30-12-03, 09:57
Originally posted by g0rt

You evidence for that statement is.........

Dade Murphey
30-12-03, 09:59
Your story vet doesn't really make me feel sorry for you...I think it's pretty damn funny...you're complaing cause you and nish (tell him dade said he's a douche :D ) can't find anyone to trap between yourselves and mobs that were already killing them...that's not a challenge...that's just finishing an already almost complete job...I find it hard to believe that you can't find anyone on all of saturn to kill in a fair fight...it's kinda sad that you have to jump already dying or wounded people...I mean surely you could have some op fights or find someone willing to fight you in a fair, equal battle rather than jumping people who are probably half your lvl more often than not...but hey that's just my thoughts...but seriously about pluto I was running around tonite and I think outta all the people I saw only 2 were wearing LE's...may not be that many people online all the time...but apparently our le/non-le ratio is flopped with saturn's....

IceStorm
30-12-03, 10:03
The way I like to play is kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill and there just arent enough targets
I here there's a game for that sort of mindless slaughter. It's called PlanetSide. It's an MMOFPS. You should try it, especially since NC is intended to have PvP elements, not PK elements. PK being equivalent to "kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill"

Today, during prime time, nish and I went looking for people to kill on our pes. 300 people on, EVERYWHERE is barren. mb, all les and noobs. nobody hunting wbs.
So whoop de friggin do, the WHOLE day, we find like 7 or 8 high level people to kill. rest had les in
Go to pluto? what a laugh... I left because there was nobody to pk... the servers empty.

Are you reading what you're writing?

300 people on Saturn
8 to kill on Saturn
Pluto has no people

Ok, the first two might be correct, but the third? Pluto has between 40 and 150+ people on at any given time. Pluto is predominantly non-LE. Let's say for argument's sake that at any given time, there are 8 LE players on Pluto, the reverse of Saturn

40 - 8 LEs = 32 targets for VetteroX on Pluto
150 - 8 LEs = 142 targets for VetteroX on Pluto

And Saturn?

300 - 292 LEs = 8 targets for VetteroX

For the type of gameplay you're looking for, even with only 40 people on, Pluto is a better choice of venue.

Anyway once again I feel this games place was as a pvp mmorpg
Have you been playing since Beta 2? The PvP switch has been in the game since Beta 2. Even when restrictions were removed, the number of LE players on Pluto barely changed - there was a brief flury of LE'd hunters (still very few) and then back to normal.

Don't blame NC or KK for your choice to play on a server (and game) that doesn't suit your current bloodlust level.

Willgamte
30-12-03, 10:42
I'm back ingame after 7 months absence and just found out in a painful way that a LE can be usefull for my capped PE.

7 months ago I logged out in my TG appartment, today it took me 15 min to get the door opened. I think I tried just about every key and button except the right mouse button :wtf: . I even started to read the manual, I never read it, not even when I bought the game a year ago.

Anyway, when I at last got into my appartment I looked around, all looked as it did last time I was there. Then my eyes fell on the genrep :D "hmm a trip into town would be nice and revive old memories".

Now that was a stupid thing to do!

Completely relaxed I used the genrep, thinking 1000 credits was a good price for that long journey and BAM . I was dead before I even could hear the guards warn me :eek: . I think I took 2 or 3 steps towards the door at medcare before I colapsed.

This is on the other hand exactly what I like with Neocron, the fear, the adrenalin and the excitement.

So I guess a LE would come in handy when I plan on doing a shopping trip to NC next time :rolleyes:

It would be good to know... Is all of NC restricted area for a TG nowdays or is there some place safe?

Oh and during the 3-4 hours I spend on Pluto so far I haven't seen a single player with an LE.

IceStorm
30-12-03, 10:51
So I guess a LE would come in handy when I plan on doing a shopping trip to NC next time
Having an LE won't help. Read the bold section at the top of the Patch 193 & 194 notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=428&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0).

Crest
30-12-03, 10:56
I dont understand you mate .... One thread you start tells us how good you are at killing and PvP, and all that ... What I read in that is ... i pk everyone .... noobs, people who are not set in PvP setups.... and yes not everyone in capped and not everyone likes PvP, so they choose to say no.

Then I read this post, how everyone now has a LE in, and you dont understand why ?

Here is why... You go and prepare your self for a Killing spree, get your ammo , weapons and armour setup, then get St Cuth's (PPU) to join you and PK ... Thats cool no problems there, except, well except not everyone has a PPU stuck to their ass, and this means they dont want some super hero to kill them in what would be deemed un-fair. Also not all player setups are PvP setups... I imagine your proabably using Nancy Boy - If I recall he been around for a while, still when I was a wee tot.

If you want some PvP, get your faction in order, get a PvP clan going, take ops and stand up... make more of the game than whining and bragging. I expect your either FA (Probably FA) or TG and on saturn both need a little TLC. So instead of wasting time moaning , or bragging how super you are, if you that good you will step up to the plate and hit a winning run, if not, I expect to see your next post here about how either good you are or how everyone is thinking a little different to you...

Original monk
30-12-03, 10:58
LE chips are the most overpowerd chips in neocron :)

you can make em with 0 constructskill, you can res em with 0 resskill and if you put em in (wich can take a while ok) then ya have godmode :P (ya yust cant kill other people but still .. and ok it doesnt protect against mobs .. but still .. its an ownage chip )

i never use em tough: i need that extra brainslot badly :) and also i used it a few times in mc5 but again i prefer that extra brainslot, and if they wonna PK me then i DB and freeze the suckers and my APUmate finishes em :P or when my apu is dead i freeze + db em and go stand next to the commander :P lets see who survives the longest, me or the badass PKers :)

conclusion: leave LE's how they are + have respect for the people wearing em: they have a good reason to do so :)

vetterox wassup with you and all those egotrippin threads btw ? it wasnt always like that not ?

Dardalion
30-12-03, 11:10

This is an MMORPG the RPG part means Role Playing Game - let people play the role they want

Willgamte
30-12-03, 11:17
Attention: The CityAdmin guards inside the Plaza 1 Medicare will open fire on all faction enemies coming through the Genrep! The Plaza 1 GenRep will be unsafe for anti-CA factions!!!

Hmm so this means I can walk around at the square outside Medcare? Can I like play "peek a boo" with the CA guards at the genrep when the doors open and close ? :)

When I arrived to Medcares genrep there were guards comming from all directions and they came from the outside. But I guess the guards inside started the shooting.

I see now that the LE won't help, I thought NC had become a warzone or something, it sure felt that way lol :rolleyes:

IceStorm
30-12-03, 11:32
Don't know if they fixed it, but the CA guards apparently get stuck in walls. You can die quite easily without ever seeing your attacker.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 11:45
no... im black dragon. FA's cant PK. im not nancy boy, thats k4f. Cuth isnt FA anymore. nish plays a tg pe and i play a bd pe... that way we can kill everyone.... except for the dreaded protopharm, bane of pkers everywhere. We need a tsunami for them.

Ka0s^
30-12-03, 11:52
no... im black dragon. FA's cant PK. im not nancy boy, thats k4f. Cuth isnt FA anymore. nish plays a tg pe and i play a bd pe... that way we can kill everyone.... except for the dreaded protopharm, bane of pkers everywhere. We need a tsunami for them.

Hmm FAs cant PK? I heard u refused to fight an APU from FA recently and infact walked away? AND he was lower level than u.

Seriously Vet no one is as frightened of u as u think they are. So u kill ppl fine, it means a GR and some pokes thats no probs, u hack my belt anf get my rare, fine thats me hunting and interacting with others for a week or so getting new kit. What do u get? oh yeah its that "ub3r 733t Pk4r" tag that tbh vet no1 gives a shit about and thats obvious because ppl are putting LEs in and laughing in ur face.

NC attracts many ppl some of which choose not to PVP. they put LEs in. Neocron isnt all about kill kill kill as u put it, thats how u play thats fine, just stop bitching when things around u evolve and ppll get wise to what ur doing.

Oh and FYI saturn last nite, we were all killing each other at grant, we didnt have LEs in oh and we didnt see u either :p

Mighty Max
30-12-03, 11:54
oh god, im so evil. Im nearly capped and wearing a LE.

Could it be that i got pked for no reason over and over like some posters here used to? Red = Dead? (More like neutral = dead too)

The game is not all about killing other players. But having fun for all (not only the r-PK few)

VetteroX
30-12-03, 11:56
uh no... that never happened. make up any stories you want. Only time i refused to fight was when I killed a bunch of FA at battlle dome and mb, and the come to battle dome with 2 apus, like 2 ppus and a pe, and of course, I wouldnt fight them. I said lose the ppus and ill come.. they refused. I said duel me 1vs1... they refused. so plz, stfu. FAs have too few hostiles, they are carebears.

maybe you got pked because your hostile? red does indeed = dead. What you want hostiles to do? hold hands around the fire and cook hot dogs, tell stories of how uber they are because they can kill a warbot? Im sorry... but no.

oh btw kaos, being assistant FA concellor, maybe you can make this happen, Im not joking:

I say, all FAs (who actually care about the faction, not people who were FA but dont give a crap about the faction like cuth was) are weak fighters. I say I can beat ANY FA apu, pe, spy, or tank 1vs1. care to prove me wrong? get ytour strongest FA and prove me wrong.

Ka0s^
30-12-03, 11:59
Vet if we all of a sudden turned round and decided to go PK everything in sight, im sure we would just as quickly get uber "Vet" status. We are not carebears we just have a different style of playing.

And no

U refused. It was 1 APU. When i see him later ill get the screenie. If im wrong ill apologise :P

Archeus
30-12-03, 12:01
FAs have too few hostiles, they are carebears.

LOL. Are you for real? FA has lots of hostiles, just a lot less now because they can't easily come in and kill whoever they want now in the city.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 12:03
read my edited post above , give me an answer. And theres no question... id NEVER refuse a 1vs1 fight, unless i 1) knew it was a trap 2) wasnt 1vs1 or 3) was busy at the time.

Archeus
30-12-03, 12:08
I know you never refuse a fight (except under your conditions where you know you can win). I also know your a good PvP, but I also know you had no problem stopping people from refusing a fight when they didn't want one.

So what do you want? Pity?

FA aren't weak fighters. Those that actually fight are not bad. The weak part was you coming into Tech Haven and raping anything that moved. Nearly everyone in TH is normally a trades person or a newbie.

Try practise what you preach.

Ka0s^
30-12-03, 12:09
Vet im not denying the fact u can beat any1. U have killed my alt once or twice as i have also killed u once or twice thats all good.

What im saying is u generalise FAs to be carebears, why? we got uber security, we are tech freaks ffs, we dont go out and automatically kill all BECAUSE THATS NOT HOW WE PLAY.

We kill plenty of hostiles just we do it fighting for ops, or we go hunt them at a known spot.

We are going off topic here and the point still remains

the only reasons afaik that LEs go back in are, to gain access to enemy territory, or to avoid random PK. U cant do it then bitch when they get wise.

Gotterdammerung
30-12-03, 12:25
Listen guys, the thread was started on the slimmest of margins, I already made a post about it before and I said that if nothing constructive can be added to please refrain from adding anything at all. These forums are not for setting up "duels", NF engagements, op wars or to argue about who has the biggest virtual weenie. Those things should be left IN-GAME so please stop picking on and baiting each other. Keep it in the game.

Mighty Max
30-12-03, 12:36
maybe you got pked because your hostile? red does indeed = dead. What you want hostiles to do? hold hands

Hmm, That way i wonder why no "winner" of any war was proud to kill Women and Kids? Hey, they are enemies. I wonder why in the first world war the biggest enemy (france/german) hold chrismas together on the frontlines like brothers.

I wonder why there are some rules named HVR (in german doesnt know english) "Humanitäres Völkerrecht" that prohibiteds waraction against civilist/ kills agaoinst PoW, etc ...

But i know why: Honor and Moral. Without them you dont act for your faction you go just for yourself for the thrill of beeing bad or "ubar". So any Faction related reasons are pure BS.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 12:56
I dont make excuses.. I just like killing people. red factions simply dont make me have to waste ime doing aggie missions. If i cant find enough hostiles (often the case) I'll kill allies or neutrls... I started killing proto cause their attitude of "oh ill be proto and have a virtual LE" doesnt get em out of dieing in my book.

I dont think its fair LE players can hunt in peace while others take risks and the les get no negatives besides losing a head slot.

Archeus
30-12-03, 13:01
Think I warned you of this months ago though.. your a victim of your own actions.

If you had been a bit more relaxed rather then killing anything that moved less people woul d have LE's in.

ezza
30-12-03, 13:15
not read much of whats been said as its bound to be the usual anti vet stuff but ive got to agree, went to MB with my tank other day only one person who i could kill( a tsunami monk called nonamebrandegg:lol: ) the rest all had LEs in so nothing i could do.

was on a alt other day in tech haven and i see 5 TG's all LE chipped standing around.

theres a lot more LE'd players than there used to be, and in the limited number of players we have can be annoying cos there not that many people to kill

Sundiver
30-12-03, 13:16
I would like to clear something up regarding the LE chip:

I have 3 accounts (because I love Pluto). My own PC died on me a while ago, and I spent my money on more important stuff like MD recorder, PS2 and lots of DVD movies. I even left Neocron due to the fact I could no longer play it. Then I got to use my room mate's puter, it's a weak P3-500 with only 128 MB SD RAM, running Win2k. It could not even run Neocron.

So I moved my Ti4200 graphics card to that machine, and this time I could actually run Neocron.. on the lowest settings and with insane lag.

That's how I play Neocron now. It sucks, but I will re-build my own puter in a month or two now. Anyway, with the low FPS, I cannot do anything but leveling, and even that is a challenge. I crash a lot due to the heavy load on the system, simply running around in the wasteland makes my screen go all chop-chop, even on lowest settings. Even when looting corpses, it is quite choppy and I sometimes drop items on the ground or have to grab it again up to 2-3 times.

That's why all of my Pluto chars wear LE. They stand no chance defending themselves whatsoever if they were to be attacked. Besides, 2 of them are tradeskillers, not fighters. And the third one is a hunter, but I do want to try and make him a fighter too some day.

So, my point after all this boring talk (am at work and bored to death anyway) - we all got our reasons to wear the LE. Most of us simply want to hunt and collect rares without being shot in the back when hacking or nearly dead from a mob fight.

It has been said already - just leave us be, accept our choice and way of playing this game. Please.

Sincerely,

Patey Jameson / Leo Jameson / Mecca J

Shadow Dancer
30-12-03, 14:12
nvm delete
:rolleyes:

Strych9
30-12-03, 15:45
Archeus is correct.

Players beat their chest about how they like to kill anything that moves, and then they whine about the LE?

I think Vett is overall pushing new boundaries of irony. Take this thread, toss in the "I want a safeslot on Neptune" thread, and I think we are breaking new ground.

I am glad I am here to be a part of this.

FeeNiX
30-12-03, 15:54
the LE is a good thing for Reakktor, some people dont want to PvP and still want to play this game and have fun, they put in the LE, and they dont have to worry about big bad vettero ganking them while they are out exploring. Sure the game is mostly PvP but if they can find their own fun, with the LE in, more power to em. As for people punching guards and crap...well...thats sorta shitty but dont condem the group for the actions of a lunatic fringe.

Cyphor
30-12-03, 16:37
Some people want to hunt in peace without being hassled, whats wrong with that? If a CA wants to hunt for techs and cant hack then fire mobs it is, why should he get hassled every 5 secs cause the game forces to hunt in enemy territory, or if for exp, why should he have to get ganked everytime he leaves the chaos caves by 5 or 6 enemies. Yes its fun to play these situations without a le in, it can be fun constantly watching your back, however for some people after being killed day after day after day it gets boring especially since if they gr back in to carry on hunting they get ganked again, therefore they have to cancel their nights hunting.
Yes they could fight but not everyone has a big clan behind them, or are ubar at pvp, so why should the game be ruined for them?

This game isnt just a pvp game you can play it how you want and if people want to have a le in to pvm let them.

ichinin
30-12-03, 17:36
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
As for the LE, complaining about people using it, wishing there were something implemented to prevent them from using it and further calling people that do use it exploiters smacks like some kind of pogrom in Stalinist russia. You can't always have your way or try to force it on others, adapt or die. This is the cusp of 2004, dictators are NOT allowed.

Can i send you a case of beer? :)

TheEnemy
30-12-03, 18:51
This is all fine about people playing the way they want to play with LE chip. We've established that haven't we?

But what about the way I want to play? If someone can see me and report my position that is fine... as long as I can kill them for it. LEs don't seem to have this problem. Fix it.

shodanjr_gr
30-12-03, 19:57
First, there was no mention of ego in this thread. The way I like to play is kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill and there just arent enough targets. Today, during prime time, nish and I went looking for people to kill on our pes. 300 people on, EVERYWHERE is barren. mb, all les and noobs. nobody hunting wbs. battle dome we find 2 fa and i pk them. all zones inbetween empty. le capped spy in battle dome... lame look more. oh look apu using hl! get him! god damn.. le.

ok so off to el fared. nobody run to crp, nobody. we cant raid tg and th anymore cause the carebears got thir way. and all the people we did come accross had les. finnaly, late night interestingly enough when like 120 people are on, we had a decent fight killing a capped apu, spy, and pe, and got a rare.

So whoop de friggin do, the WHOLE day, we find like 7 or 8 high level people to kill. rest had les in. when I kill a noob they scream kill someone your own level... i tell em please, PLEASE find one for me and Id love to. I cant raid anymore, so all I can do is try nto find people hunting wbs or fire mobs, as high level people want rares. we even checked all the chaos caves and couldnt find high level people or non le people.

Im in this game for 1 reason. cause its the only pvp mmorpg. I like the elements of leveling and stuff, so no i wont freaking play quake, and I play bf1942 plenty. but this WAS at least a unique game, leveling and lotsa pvp... and its losing that element. it jusat gets more and more carebear all the time. I mean i can see some opinions like prefering chocolate to vinilla, but I just dont see how anyone cant prefer to fight people then really poor AI... Im one of the last pkers, most have left the game.

I dont really wanna op war cause thats a big team vs a big team.. who cares if you win? its not your own work. when i kill people its alone or with 1, or max 2 other people, usually beating a larger group. Thats fun for me.

Anyway once again I feel this games place was as a pvp mmorpg.. thats whats brought me in. if its gonna be all les hows it diff from eq?

You dont understand how frustrating it is roaming all over the wastes, looking for people to kill and when you finnaly see a figure off in the distance, and you see the red faction, and see a swirly, and think oh boy... maybe hes got 2 rares... at very least it will be a fun kill... and then u see its le... it just sucks.

I hope that in DoY we get more people and nc goes back to what it was... a pvp mmorgp.

For the record, I dont tell people to put thiier les in. I gun any hostile down, and when the le user next to me says "you pking asshole" I tell him at least the guy I killed isnt a cowardly little puke like you who doesnt play the game as its meant to be. " I have respect for people who come back and try to fight instead of just wimping out... today like 8 low levels swamed us while we were pking and at least tried... of course they got killed but we didnt even bother taking the belts and at least they ateempt to fight back, and hopefully they will be the type to get high level and defend mb, battle dome, other hunting areas etc instead of just taking the lamer approach and sticking the le in, removing themselves from 1/2 of the game.

If you do not like the game at its current state then quit.

Some people join Neocron for other reasons than the PVP orientation. I joined because i love the way it fused FPS and RPG at the same time. I may not wear an LE (i always remove it once i get out of MC5) but some people wish to play the game peacefully. Some people do not wish to become victims of RPkers like you vet. They just wana log on for an hour or so of play, do some leveling, chat with friends. Maybe they do not have the 1337 skills needed to PVP. Why should all these people bend over and let you screw them? They put in an LE, they get out of ur way and you get out of their way.

The game MAY be pvp oriented. But PVP isnt the only thing to do for most people.

icarium
30-12-03, 20:15
erm people complain about getting ganked and you smugly say "put your le in n00b omg!!11" now they put their le in and you cant kill them, you have a problem with this? :lol:

as for the guy that died 9 or 10 times. YOU WENT BACK 9 OR 10 TIMES?????????? :lol: let him punch the guards alone for 15 minutes then when he gets bored carry on about your business =)

i think the main difference here is that people with le in are usually passive i.e they go around happily enjoying themselves without disturbing anyone else, whereas for you to get YOUR enjoyment you have to (potentially) ruin someones night of gaming. THATS why the le is a good idea. if you have a problem with it, theres plenty of other games about :)

CRAIG DIGGERS
30-12-03, 21:48
Did you ever try to gun ppls from a rhino tank until 1-2 LE spy repair it ?

Unstoppable ;-(

Drexel
31-12-03, 06:10
I put my LE in my WB hunting Mid level character coz '1337' Players like Vet kept ganking me from behind once id engaged the WB.

Vet, we are wearing the LE because of you. Its not coz we are scared of you, but truth is there is nothing a 50/45 character can do against any capped PKer, with a WB or 2 shooting them.

'Here is your bed, please feel free to lie in it Sir'

MrBane
31-12-03, 06:29
Not going to wade through the crap, I read Vets second post, and stopped there.

People wear LE's because of people whos style of play is kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill and for no other reason

I am sure we could all live with the occassional beating, or sensible mugging and killing, but not the kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill attitude of some people.

Shame that, isn't it?

VetteroX
31-12-03, 07:12
well, I know i cant mention names, but this fully capped CM tank who I owned yesturday twice (both times he had full hp and wasnt at the time fighting a wb) is now using an le. hes /66 WITH the le in, meaning he must have at least 95 base con. come on.... hes a capped city merc tank, why cant he defend mb? its pathetic that this guy has to use an le now in his own territory, he cant even round up some mercs to come try stop me, he just has to take the cowards way out. this is the crap im talking about. past passvie rank 50 you should not be able to wear an le, end of story. this IS a pvp mmorpg.

Oh and more LE bs, and yes i got screenies and will send them in, this LE ppu was attacking nish and I, totaly on purpose, with her soul cluster. this crap has to stop.

Sealdude
31-12-03, 07:24
Today some monk with an LE kept casting an SC which nearly killed me an my M8s. That needs to be stopped.

IceStorm
31-12-03, 07:34
past passvie rank 50 you should not be able to wear an le, end of story. this IS a pvp mmorpg.
No, it's an MMORPG with PvP elements.

You really should just give up and go play PlanetSide. It's obviously far more your style than NC is.

its pathetic that this guy has to use an le now in his own territory, he cant even round up some mercs to come try stop me, he just has to take the cowards way out

VetteroX - wants to fight
John Smith - wants to hunt

If John Smith is being PKed by VetteroX, and all VetteroX is interested in is fighting, then if I were John Smith, I would choose whatever option denies VetteroX happiness. That would be reinstalling the LE, not getting a bunch of people together for a fight...

Kasumi
31-12-03, 07:34
VetteroX you whine quite a bit you know that? How old are you anyways? Oh well, I have used an LE with almost everyone of my characters in Neocron. Everyone to max level on almost all stats. I have been called more names than most people know. This is one of the reasons I am taking a break from Neocron. People do not know how to be more respectful with other peoples way of playing a game. What right do you have to call people exploiters? I have been killed atleast 10 times by someone exploit killing me with my LE in when I actually played. I think non LE users give me more grief than any LE user. Why don't you accept peoples way of playing a GAME. This is not PvP MMORPG it has PVP Elements. You are forgetting the R P G part. This is a role playing game as well. People want to play a passive person so what gives you the right to come on here and tell people they cannot play how they want to? Because you cannot kill them you want to whine about it? I am sorry but you should grow up just a bit. You take this game way to serious. If you want a PvP MMORPG than go play Planetside. That is an MMORPG. I have played it. You get to level and PvP ALL DAY LONG VetteroX. People who use LEs are what make this game fun in my honest opinion. Most LE users I have met are great people and nice to be around. More than 80% of the non LE users I met throughout my gameplay gave me nothing but grief about me using LE. Oh well I guess maybe I shouldn't care right?

VetteroX
31-12-03, 08:19
As ive said I dont wanna play planet side because I like building my own char, and then killing people with it. the reason im here is because unlike most other mmorpgs you can kill people... unfortunetly we have a lot of carebears ruining that element of the game.

Rai Wong
31-12-03, 08:53
I can see vet's point I usually fight if I have to, however I myself have many reasons to Le myself even I haven't yet, because:

I agree

1) OP wars are not that exciting in a way becuase its just about numbers, there is either you outnumber or is outnumbered.

2) If it was a fair fight, people should fight for their place instead of putting an LE on

HOWEVER I DISAGREE BECAUSE

1) I'm CA near capped rifle PE in uranus and I can't level in any place without being ganked by 4 enemy monks in CRP or MB, and no I can't do shit but to stealth away. Its just sucks when the fight is unfair everytime

2) I do not have godamn 20 people to help me if I get pked, if I pk someone they get 20 people to come and gang bang me

3) Spies have no reason to pvp, even at capped they are not that good, especially droners, whats the point of fighting pvp with a drone?

4) Why should I not put an LE in when I have 400+ ping on broadband in Hong Kong, when I fight with my PE I don't even bother looking at the health guage cause I know its wrong. its already ridiculous that I have 40 fps normally with a 3ghz computer.

5) People don't play the game to die and die again, especially if they can't fight back.

I think u should be happy because people are putting their Le on to run from you.

ServeX
31-12-03, 08:57
I wish you could ban people for posting egotistical posts :P

Q`alooaith
31-12-03, 09:06
VetteroX, you run around PKing people, then you wonder why people put their LE's in and stop you from PKing them?

Come on, I fell off my chair laughing when I saw this topic, I started reading and didn't know weather to laugh or cry.

Some people want to be able to play and have fun hunting mob's and leveling without getting their asses kicked every five second's, at the start of retail that was possible because you could alway's try and run, and other tactic's, weapon's where not over specced to the extream's they have become, so you have a chance..

I think if LE's limit's where re introduced that weapon's stat's and aiming and damage would have to cap at 120% max (not the weapon condtion's, the use stat's) same with Psi mod's. I'd be more than happy to see CS's taking second's to aim rather than almost point and click.

jernau
31-12-03, 09:12
Before Vet's ego goes pop from all this attention it really should be pointed out that he's not the only or even the main reason people are wearing more LEs more these days.

He's certainly one of the forum's more comical examples but he's just one among many. In fact I don't think I've seen him kill anyone myself or even heard anyone I play with complain about him.

I'm sure he does his best to annoy people but I really haven't seen it myself in-game. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Q`alooaith
31-12-03, 09:25
yea, jernau.. I've not seen him kill anyone myself..

though the number of Random PKer's is rather large, and some don't bother about who's faction you are they just kill..

VetteroX
31-12-03, 09:34
then you must not play on saturn much. If you do, tell me where you usually hang out, Id love to pay a visit... I honestly dont have enough targets.

Gotterdammerung
31-12-03, 09:44
From what I see there isn't even any more discussion. It's just become a bashing thread. As I mentioned before keep this stuff in game if you want to duel anyone or setup a nf engagement. If you guys don't like each other fine, but keep it off the boards.