PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Inventory Loss

Webrob
30-12-03, 03:04
Hi all,
I was hunting in the Swamp Caves near Jankins Lab yesterday with a friend. We both crashed which made the caves reset I think, so I ended up dieing. (I did not know there was a server bug at this time). I then GR'ed to Plaza and tried to pay for my backpack but nothing came. I thought this was a little bug, but then some people told me there was a server bug. I thought this would be fixed the next day but it didnt.
The next day i logged in and it still nothing was there. I looked on the forums and there was an announcement post about Saturn and a loss of some items. I emailed helpdesk and a few hours later I got "We have a policy in place which only allows us to offer 100,000nc for individual losses." Now I know the policy makes sense in a way, but it will never pay up for these lost items :

> Liberator
> Special Forces Chip
> Balanceadvancer 3
> PSI Power Gaunlet
> PSI Heal
> PSI Resist booster 2
> PSI Shelter
> PSI Spy Booster 1
> PSI Pistol Combat booster 1
> Inq 1 - Helmet, Pants, and Boots
> PE Pistol PA3
> Medium Poison Belt
> Stealth Activator 1

A disapointed Neocron Runner,
Webrob

Sick
30-12-03, 03:08
ummm ???

the post at the top by snowcrash kind of implies any lost items will be returned.
how can they make such a post, and then just give you the usual 100k??

*sigh*

sorry u lost ya stuff, i guess they lied heh (or to put it better were just very vague on what they were actually going to refund you)

=Chojin=
30-12-03, 03:08
the top three things and the PA are your problems.

the rest is easy and i have plenty of spares if u need em.

Ch0

Stigmata
30-12-03, 03:15
another example of inefficience and incompetance helpdesk support...same old KK

hope you get your stuff back

VetteroX
30-12-03, 03:33
KKs 100k policy for lost items is total crap. they know 100k wont do ANYTHING, and I mean anything at all to help the problem. I say if you can make a detialed description of the items, and have a few people say you had em, you should get the items back... big deal if a few people manage to cheat the system, on the whole it will help a lot more people out then help dishonest people, and give people one less reason to quit.

30-12-03, 03:39
hmpf could be funny. reactivated my char today...

will be interesting moments... login see my inventar, see the gogo

logout

hm.. i will see..

t0tt3
30-12-03, 03:42
lool Saturn is crazy and if they does rollback im pretty sad :/

why?

Killed a WB with my tank hacked it with my uber skills and looted 4 techs.

the techs where machina researche glove , devourer, HL, last part broke =/ but anyway nice loot shame to go away from a rollback :(

Possessed
30-12-03, 03:42
Was the E-mail from helpdesk about this sent before or after SnowCrash's announcement?
Also, were you clear about your accountname, character name, and (most importantly) server? Also, clanname, since this sounds like a clan app thingamajig.
Posted in another thread, and odin's reply:

Nope wasn't clear. It was cleared up and sent to carnage with the others a couple hours ago.

People need to make sure when they write us that they put the account name/character name/server name at the top and at least take a minute to proof read what they are sending for clarity. Not to mention only write once ;p I'm running through about 200-250 emails today and having to reread things kills time.

Seven
30-12-03, 03:58
I haven't logged on the retail server since I took my comp apart over 2 months ago.

After hearing about this mess I decided to install NC on my wife's machine and see what was up.

After changing all my characters from monks back to what they were, I have a lot of "temporary items" in most of my inventories.

Not playing for a while and having 2 accounts I don't remember what the heck I had.

Was something taken out of the game recently that would leave me with these "temporary items" that look like little red penis's or did some items just change into them from the database problem?

Webrob
30-12-03, 04:06
When I emailed helpdesk, at the top I put my account name, and Character name with the server next to it. Under that i put a brief explanation of what happened and the items I lost. Thats all he asked for... and still "We have a policy in place which only allows us to offer 100,000nc for individual losses"? Thats lame

Odin
30-12-03, 04:56
Originally posted by stigmata
another example of inefficience and incompetance helpdesk support...same old KK

Don't blame the support staff. We only do what we are told and with the tools we are given. In this case we have been told apartments only. Any 'suggestions' should be made here (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=2).

Richard Blade
30-12-03, 05:45
Heya Webrob. :D

If you haven't gotten stuff yet to replace what you lost.

Alexander has a balance advancer 3 for ya.
He's got a barter friend in game that can buy you the regular stuff and Alexander can front you the cash to get them if you don't have it.
We may even have a line on a no slot libby :( to get you started. We're still doing the inventory of rares to see what libby parts we have. I don't know if we have an SF. So, if you can get one from your other friendly source, that might be best.

Regards,
RB

REMUS
30-12-03, 05:54
problem is you could be lieing thats why they have 100k rule + how much would you get for that stuff at yo's? prolly 30k tops so thats how they come to the 100k solution :(

Seven
30-12-03, 06:48
Originally posted by REMUS
problem is you could be lieing thats why they have 100k rule + how much would you get for that stuff at yo's? prolly 30k tops so thats how they come to the 100k solution :(

Nope.
The problem is the database needs to be able to back up our info properly and often.
Wouldn't have to worry about people lieing because they couldn't get away with it then.

We pay for "persistant" characters, but yet we lose items that took us months to get everytime the server/database farts.

I don't remember WTF I had because I haven't logged in for months, but all my accounts have been active since retail so I'm paying to keep my shite in order.

Crest
30-12-03, 11:14
I understand the loss, but what you need to understand is ....

If KK believed every story from every person about the losses, everyone would be running around with a 5 slot CS, HL or what ever their fancy is....

It is a direct result of Runners in game that this policy exists, you may be honest but some are not and as a result we are all treated the same.... KK used to re-generate lost items and word got around, all of a sudden items missing items were trebled in no time, and everyone lost some nice toys.... So ummm they umm changed the policy and felt some compensation required but no more 5 slot HL's ...

How can you blame KK, sure there is a server bug and that is KK's problem, but their policy on renumeration is there to protect everyone. I would like KK to send me a 5 slot CS, and some people were exploiting this and taking advantage.

And I have lost items before ... like last patch in el farid, I died as system went down ... Came back and my belt with 3 slot HL ws gone, and I was alive ... server did not register the death but did take the belt....

If we were all trust worthy KK would not have this policy, but given how some people steal in game (Plenty threads on that) how then can they trust all of us .... They can't have rules for one and not the other.

I tell you guys what, why not come up with a better idea or way of sorting this out, that way instead of bitching you are contributing and solving a serious problem....If it worked KK might even reward you

rubaduckythug
30-12-03, 11:19
i jsut thought id say this plz stop flooding the forum with your loss storeys, we know wut happend already ok. Evry other post in these threads are a copy of the post above the other post "i lost all this stuff in my apt it all missing kk i want it back" The offical word is send an email to helpdesk with your info and lost items ect.. Im sure they are doing there best to get everyones stuff back but theres no magic button that says return everyons items, jsut be paiten while they cant help everyone at once, and im sure it takes a bit of work to figure out wut was lost for each person and then replace it ect... Its not gonna happen instantaniously right after you click send mail. theres already been quiet a few threads on this no more plz:rolleyes:

Richard Blade
30-12-03, 22:57
rubaduckythug, considering the thread starter's post was his very first one, he didn't have the omnipotent knowledge of the forums that you do.
He didn't know how many assholes like to jump down the throats of the new people around here.
He didn't know that everyone else knew about the problem. Maybe he thought he was doing us a favor by letting us know it happened.

I talked to him in game and it seems that it's not quite the bug that was announced. It's another one that seems to happen once in a while.
He was hunting in a swampcave and crashed and died at the same time. Neither his backpack nor his belt was in the cave we looked for it. He clicked on a GR and it won't retrieve his inventory. Then, if he clicks on a cabinet or door it says that he has to wait a while to perform that action. It's a valid bug that has been around since beta. But, never seems to get fixed.

So, before telling people "shut up, you aren't important enough to listen to", why don't you find out the facts of the situation before saying what practically comes close to flaming them.