PDA

View Full Version : Remove Faction Guards from warzone

MayhemMike
29-12-03, 22:22
I think that they should be removed...

No other faction has loads of guards not in there HQ like TG has..
I think that if they were to stay, they whould be long to the op holder.

So what do you think?

Psychoninja
29-12-03, 22:27
Get rid of them, also.
btw, how the hell do people fight at cere's? There's so many freakin Ys. o_O

Sigma
29-12-03, 22:27
pissed because of crp ?

MayhemMike
29-12-03, 22:36
Not only CRP, but the surrouding zones are full of TG guards.

jernau
29-12-03, 23:39
Leave them as they are. That area is supposed to be full of anti-reeza geurillas. I think they are a nice touch.

ezza
29-12-03, 23:40
Originally posted by jernau
Leave them as they are. That area is supposed to be full of anti-reeza geurillas. I think they are a nice touch.

dont make sence when a BD clan occupies the area the TG guards are in though does it

jernau
29-12-03, 23:43
Originally posted by ezza
dont make sence when a BD clan occupies the area the TG guards are in though does it

Why not?

If you want rid of them send people out to hunt and kill them. They'll come back of course, like real geurillas.

extract
30-12-03, 03:01
BD on saturn asking to take TG gaurds out of the surrounding zones of TG is like tangent asking them to take the DOY bots out of the desert sectors.....u want the land....deal wit it....nuff said

Ascension
30-12-03, 03:07
Maybe yeah its a pretty good idea:)

Sick
30-12-03, 03:10
FA also has turrets around their surrounding area

VetteroX
30-12-03, 03:28
yeah jernau, great argument. There should be geurillas where each guy is as powerful as an army of players and just constantly respawns. The TG guards in the area are a total annoyance, especially when its a non tg or tg ally holding the op. I think npcs in nc should be totaly redone, to be more like players, much much less hp, but faster moving and better ai. theres nothing rpish to having a 120/120 tg guard sitting in a non tg controlled area where people wanna have op wars or hunt. And on that , do you see ca guards in aggie sewers where tgs constantly hunt? or cm guards in any zone but jo2 and j01? or 120/120 th turrets at gabonium? no you dont. lose the tg guards.

El Barto
30-12-03, 03:46
I like the guards as they are, but could KK plz bring back the CM guard called "Wang King," he was cool.:D

jernau
30-12-03, 04:27
Originally posted by VetteroX
yeah jernau, great argument. There should be geurillas where each guy is as powerful as an army of players and just constantly respawns. The TG guards in the area are a total annoyance, especially when its a non tg or tg ally holding the op. I think npcs in nc should be totaly redone, to be more like players, much much less hp, but faster moving and better ai. theres nothing rpish to having a 120/120 tg guard sitting in a non tg controlled area where people wanna have op wars or hunt. And on that , do you see ca guards in aggie sewers where tgs constantly hunt? or cm guards in any zone but jo2 and j01? or 120/120 th turrets at gabonium? no you dont. lose the tg guards.

Well if they were an accurate simulation they would appear without warning in greater numbers only in fights they have a very high chance of winning then vanish before you can get reinforcements there.

Considering the game mechanics the current setup actually has a similar ultimate effect.

As for the other factions -
CM get 2 WL sectors to defend which isn't much but there are supposed to work for others after all.
FA get 2 and again are supposed to be defensive only
TG get about half a dozen sectors
DOY get about half a dozen.
The pro-city factions get the city itself between them and the sooner they KOS anti-city runners in ALL Plaza and VR sectors the better IMO.

In other words - offensive factions are about equal to each other and defensive factions are about equal to each other. I can't see a problem here.

If BD want to hold teritory in TG lands it should be damned hard for them to do.

I have yet to see a single good reason to remove them.

Judge
30-12-03, 04:31
They should make Mobs not shoot NPCs and NPCs not shoot mobs... or something like that.

extract
30-12-03, 22:14

under normal circumstances i would agree with you, but consider this youre asking for gaurds that are NOWHERE near crycrow and a fair distance away from crp, matter of fact any enemy faction to TG could enter the cave outside of crp without even coming anywhere close to the gaurds....now I can see if perhaps you were saying that these gaurds interfere with OP wars and shit....but to say that would be a boldface lie....so whats the problem??? TG allies are entering crp when say BD owns it and are using the gaurds for some protection??? well now what the fuck are they in game if thats not how theyre supposed to be used?...........you people always try to hide youre true agenda behind some horrible excuse for a problem.....but then again how many OP wars are fought half way across the zone theyre in....oh wait thats right they all are:rolleyes:

SovKhan
30-12-03, 22:37
lol i want crahn guards covering the OZ and simmons zone. and the left exit to neocron.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 23:21
Ive got an idea. Lets put a NEXT guard by every vehcile warp. then 1/2 the server who is proto might get a feeling of how annoying the guards are.

ezza
30-12-03, 23:25
Ive got an idea. Lets put a NEXT guard by every vehcile warp. then 1/2 the server who is proto might get a feeling of how annoying the guards are. lol i get a feeling you kinda dislike proto a lot

LagWarrior
31-12-03, 04:08
Take them out.

Peace & out

trigger hurt
31-12-03, 04:20
Originally posted by jernau
Well if they were an accurate simulation they would appear without warning in greater numbers only in fights they have a very high chance of winning then vanish before you can get reinforcements there.

Considering the game mechanics the current setup actually has a similar ultimate effect.

Ok, here's what I want implimented.

If your faction sympathy with ANY faction, even your own, drops below a specific number, you are attacked by the gaurds of your faction because you are not being loyal to them.

I see absolutly no reason to kick anti-city completly out of the city. Just to see what was going on, I went to plaza 1 the other day. At what used to be a peak time there. There were 5 people there.

Most of the other people are in the area that is safe for 'anti-city' to be. Plaza 2, Plaza 3 and Plaza 4. Sure, plaza 1 isnt laggy anymore...but now, you need to have your own tradeskillers to get anything done.

t0tt3
31-12-03, 04:26
Ooooh yea take away all TG guards.. but leave all the others like in P1 and PP1 and PP2 ooh the outzone oooh and.. bha mike take a cup of stfu and leave our guards alone :p

Birkoff
31-12-03, 04:55
Never really thought about it but they are damn annoying at time.

Take the mout of OP zones and leave them were they are + add other NPS where they should be.. BD are supposidly in control of the prison according to NEMA/neocronicle but u wouldn't know it + crahn have there own entrance and you wouldn't know that. The main entrance should have some random random faction ppl (not jsut guards) and the sub way should have next people (like HP has said a few times before) this will make the other entances to the city more used as they should be.

There is probably a lot mor places where guards "should" be which i haven't mentions.... guards are to hard now as well.... but many people have said that before and i hope KK have taken it in to respect.

Drexel
31-12-03, 05:15
Or put STORM Bots all over the western half of the map (the west sux btw) & make it instakill for anti city factions, just to even things up.

Whenever i start a new character i start TG because they have a HUGE advantege in their map position & access to ALL leveling areas. Then after leveling i switch to city factions, where i prefer to be.

Loose the TG guards, or make the map fair & put more leveling variety in the west & give us STORM bots. (a new cave in the outzone / city would work too).

Or

Take all Faction guards not in or around their faction HQ back to their old 80/80 level so their not instagib.

t0tt3
31-12-03, 05:37
Originally posted by Drexel
Whenever i start a new character i start TG because they have a HUGE advantege in their map position & access to ALL leveling areas. Then after leveling i switch to city factions, where i prefer to be.

:lol: yea from 15/15 lizz to 80/80 caves.... we got a wide of mobs..... If TG runners gonna be KoS from STORM then they need a own aggi cellar...