PDA

View Full Version : Hangs on "Loading Content"

joran420
29-12-03, 21:52
I know some other ppl have had this problem but NC stops responding when i get to the loading content screen....so far i have tried reinstall and file check and reboots i still cant get past this damn screen ...anyone have any ideas?

Flea
29-12-03, 22:07
If I restart my computer, and don't immediately go to nc (like go to the forum or something instead) NC freezes up at the "Loading Content" screen. A restart always helps me though... Try doing something extremely obvious or weird, my problems get fixed because i do the dumbest things sometimes.

Krll
29-12-03, 22:10
You've only just started getting this problem I take it?

Have you changed anything on your system software wise? Installed/upgraded/uninstalled a program? Updated any drivers?

-Krll

joran420
29-12-03, 22:17
I used to get it everyonce in a while but it would eventually load just took 5 mins or so....now it wont load at all....Im at work so i wont be able to try anymore till i get back home....This is really pissing me off...I just resubscribed after a month of inactivity and this kinda crap doesnt make me wanna keep playing

Omnituens
29-12-03, 23:13
ctrl-alt-del

task manager

processes

end a process called api32.exe

that worked for me when i had that problem. are you on win 2k?

Archeus
29-12-03, 23:15
you got an old copy of ZAP on the machine?

joran420
29-12-03, 23:51
hehe im on XP...wtf is ZAP

[edit] but the proccess to end may be helpful :)

Archeus
29-12-03, 23:54
ZAP = Zone Alarm Pro.

There was a problem with the previous version (which was recently fixed) which did exactly as you described.

Or it could be a firewall trapping it if you are doing it in work.

joran420
30-12-03, 00:31
heh oh yeah can anyone point me to where I can download the client...one of my disks is not working anymore so I wanna try a fresh install (again) and if i click the link it tries to make me sign up for a trial acct before i can d/l it...and i just cant be assed to create a trial acct

J. Folsom
30-12-03, 00:33
Originally posted by joran420
heh oh yeah can anyone point me to where I can download the client...one of my disks is not working anymore so I wanna try a fresh install (again) and if i click the link it tries to make me sign up for a trial acct before i can d/l it...and i just cant be assed to create a trial acct http://dome-of-york.com/download/

Here you are. And no, that's not a DOY download, before anyone goes crazy due to the domain name.

joran420
30-12-03, 00:36
ta :)

joran420
30-12-03, 20:10
arrrrggggg Im getting so pissed....Ive reinstalled 6 times done file checks at least a dozen times restarted a bunch of times and its still hanging......I cant stand this shit...this is not why i reactivated my acct....I may as well go back to playing FF xi :(

[edit] a side note when i get this hanging and i try and open i explorer I get a 404-page not found on my homepage ... and also when its hung i can alt tab but all i can see is the neocron loading screen until i close it from the task menu

[edit^2] by reinstall i mean uninstall first (although uninstall isnt getting rid of all the files only some of them...and it still says i have NC, so i delete the whole NC folder and it still says i have it installed so i hit unistall...and then it cant find unwise.exe.....so i just hit reinstall)
:( :( :( :confused: :( :( :( :confused: :( :( :( :confused:
3 days and no NC :(

joran420
30-12-03, 20:35
w00t i finally got it to work :)

I just went into my task manager and started at the top just ending proccesses on the 4th one i think it started....I dunno maybe i didnt have enough free mem to continue as almost everyone says its after ending a proccess

Candaman
30-12-03, 20:53
cool welcome back nubby