PDA

View Full Version : want a roll back

dr.fish
29-12-03, 20:49
i couldn't care less of 100k, i want my fucking stuff back, i lost all my apu's inventory with HL, antibuff, pa3 etc... And a lot of other poeple have lost shit too..

MayhemMike
29-12-03, 21:08
Same happened to clan mates of mine.. All their cabs gone with all there rares... like 1000+ techs >_<

LumLum
29-12-03, 21:15
Oh yeah and I lost errmm... One of those big Tank Guns that has like 2 big machine gun things... I lost 5 of those btw... and I lost an ultimate fusion rifle... I lost like 99999999 neo credits.... not to mention my vehicles (3 of every kind in the game).

KK Could you please return this to me.

Thanks. :angel:

\\Fényx//
29-12-03, 21:17
Originally posted by LumLum
Oh yeah and I lost errmm... One of those big Tank Guns that has like 2 big machine gun things... I lost 5 of those btw... and I lost an ultimate fusion rifle... I lost like 99999999 neo credits.... not to mention my vehicles (3 of every kind in the game).

stop being a fool, its people who 'joke' like that which make KK close down on hacked accounts and the pissy compensatio they make. Its known that saturns got problems atm and alot of people have lost their backpacks aswell as their apartments, stop making jokes, cause i bet mike's sense of humor that you wont find it funny when it happens to you

hudsonbeck
29-12-03, 21:21
Question:
I have been away for a while on holiday. I am at work atm and am worried as to what i might find when i get home.

Are the missing items just effecting people that have played over the past few days (so am i safe?)?

Hudson

Matthew.v.smith
29-12-03, 21:27
Depends.

All clan cabs on saturn are now EMPTY and i mean ALL.

If thats ure clan then Email Helpdesk.
helpdesk@neocron.com or helpdesk@neocron.de if ure german.

Tell them your server
Name
Clan appy owner name
Clan appy elevator location and password

then they should sort it out :)

Matty.
:angel:

As for the rest of the stuff it will be safe and if anything in ANY of ure apps are missing KK can re roll the appy (like i said above)
but u only lose the Stuff in ure inventory if u died like fish in pp1 :p

Matty.:angel:

extract
30-12-03, 03:05

sorry if this sounds like a flame...or even is....but think about what youre saying man....think before you speak....its not like hes asking for them to spawn new shit....i could see them trying to dupe it if that was the case...but a rollback is totally different there is no duping shit in a rollback.....everything current is gone and everything old is returned......its people like you who trash honest and sincere requests and make it so things dont get made right.....

garyu69
30-12-03, 10:56
Was this problem widespread? Because it appears our Clan's Cabs have been cleared too and we are on Pluto.

Its not like we would have been robbed either because even the Cabs with crap are empty :-\

dr.fish
30-12-03, 11:03
the thing is if they dont do it now it's not gonna happen cuz people have done too much stuff since and dont want a rollback anymore, now i just got fucked in beauty and i got 100k wich i'll use to whipe my fucking ass.

besides the rare pool got spoiled cuz people were able to duplicate items during the bug!!, and that KK didnt know.

But thx again, KK whith that cash i'll buy one third of a HL part and spend the next 2 days trading in plaza for the stuff u whiped away, good thing because it just happened that i didnt know what to do.

Original monk
30-12-03, 11:10
2 mate's of me that i know irl have lost all there rares allready, i mean tons of fully build 1 to 5 slotters and even more parts ... tons of parts: this is inreplacable ya see, thats months, even a year worth of work down the drain .... i hope KK can get there appy's back ... nothing can replace all the effort and trades ya made to get those rares ... also the 2 slot 120/120/120/119 unmodded stat libby i made has dissapeared togheter with 5 slotted poisonbeams, 4 slotted SH, 4 slot moonie and a list of 5 pages of rares ... and parts and ultrarares like tigerbloods and more of that nice stuff

g0rt
30-12-03, 11:11
ya its bs they cant just have these random DB fuckups and expect everyone to live with it, people will get pissed and quit

30-12-03, 11:52
Gonna check my account in a few hours. If I lost my rares I'm gonna leave NC for good.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 12:07
its a really, REALLY stupid policy... people are gonna leave if you dont replace their rares... get smart, seriously. Oh god no... 2 or 3 people a year might get a free weapon by tricking kk... but you will keep dozens of people by helping them out of YOUR screw ups...

KillBilly
30-12-03, 12:16
Been playing for a month or so and have 3 ~lvl 50 characters a monk a spy and a tank, almost canceled my account 3 times due to fatal errors sync deaths, and assorted other crap. but didnt because yes i like the game, however after playing for about an hour the other night in elfaird and crashing about 20 times i decided to give it one last shot and try zoning again, needless to say i ended up crashing and relogging dead, upon trying to recover myinventory, and getting charged accordingly, nothing apears in my inventory. i try relogging several times my inventory never returns. Emailed support and rather got no support, just an offer for 100 thousand nc, i had more doy loot in my inventory to sell at TT than that, not to mention my perfect 4 slotted ryker laser rifle, that must have cost me 200k to make enough to get a 4 slotter.
So this is what im doing, sitting here not playing NC , if things pan out and get fixed in a timeley manner great i will not hesitate to play again, if they do not you wont see ICUP cstr/spy on saturn anymore, after all i am a Customer, and as i stated in my email to the support desk "I wont PAY for irritation for long":wtf:

xs.MorpheuS
30-12-03, 12:21
http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=2 ?

bling
30-12-03, 12:22
Im too tired too check my stuff.. dont know... i need NC like a drug, but i dont play it anymore.. i only need to know, that i can play it when i need it :) whatever 1min would be enought for 1 week now...NC is boring like CS or some ireland kiddie game favorites. RPG - dude, i cant see you!

I think i need an altenernative online game. I heard about some good non wipeandnevergetitbackwhocares MMORPG

KillBilly
30-12-03, 12:46
Originally posted by xs.MorpheuS
http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=2 ?

what do you mean? "?" ............ is that meant as a joke? I have emailed support as i have stated in my last post and was offered 100 thousand nc, i was not offered any SUPPORT noone even mentiond there was a db problem i stumbled across the thread after subbmitting the trouble ticket, i have received no other word on the matter other than " we are only authorized to fix apartments" what is that supposed to mean? my apartment is fine, fix my inventory, i want it back to what it was i want nothing special i wan no inconsequencial compensation from you or your company. i simply want a functional product, is that too much to ask? i mean i did pay for it and continue to pay for it "for now anyway".

Original monk
30-12-03, 14:07
the 2 people that i know in real life that also play neocron both have empty rarez-cabinets.

If there years/months of work arent fixed they will quit, simple as that, and 100k isnt gonna do the job (for example: on saturn its not even worth relogging youre char for a 100k, money is worthless anyway)

If the gear that you worked youre whole neocron life for can yust dissapear in 1 second, then whats the use of playing ???

I played beta4 and had 2 appartment wipes back then and was devistated : people told me back then that if that happend on retail everybody would stop: and guess what: they are right ...
But then again everyone was saying that an appartmentwipe was impossible on retail ...

this is the how muched wipe in retail ?? the second or the third allready ?? i dunno: i do remember that we got atleast 1 giant wipe on retail-saturn before: all lost appartment-stuff but then they rolled back ... and we got doubledropweekend the week after to make the loss less painfull ...

Why the heck should we work that hard for our gear and rarestuff when it all ends in being wiped alltogheter ....

.. OK: i need advice: can they fix the appartmentstuff lost or not ?? i know they cant bring back inventory's but can they bring back the appartments ?? i dunno, the forum is such a big mess its getting to complicated, everyone's saying sumthing else ...

IF so: then i tell my mates to write a mail (they cant even mail decently so why bother if ya only get 100k compensation for 1000+ parts and loads of 3+ slotted rareweapons)

IF not: then 9 outta 10 they will leave instead of rebuilding their collection again, again, again

Im outta this game if this shit continues, then i prefer going beta'ing again for another mmorpg ... in beta4 it was OK to loose appartments: in retail it isnt

:mad:

edit:
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
As for the rest of the stuff it will be safe and if anything in ANY of ure apps are missing KK can re roll the appy (like i said above)
but u only lose the Stuff in ure inventory if u died like fish in pp1 :p

is this true ? then i tell em to mail ...

LumLum
31-12-03, 00:10
Reply to the post way way up there... ITS ONLY A GAME, wow some little items lost, do it over... thats the game.. right? Just pretend u got robbed.

Sefran
31-12-03, 00:12
lum lum ur so stupid if u say that...game is suposed to be fun collect stuff and be happy u get it not 2 over do it over and over like a mindless zombie...

shodanjr_gr
31-12-03, 00:17
Originally posted by #151988
Gonna check my account in a few hours. If I lost my rares I'm gonna leave NC for good.

Do that. And change ur forum avatar. Its terribly disturbing.

Jest
31-12-03, 00:18
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
And change ur forum avatar. Its terribly disturbing. Seriously.

Original monk
31-12-03, 13:55
update: one of my mates appartment they got back in order ... the second one they tried 5 times but they still cant get it to work, so i told em to keep sending mails so KK can keep trying to fix it ... i hope it gets fixed, cause otherwise thats again 1 customer less for KK ... and 1 of my friends less here on neocron snif :(

cu later all i hope he gets lucky,

happy newyear btw

LTA
31-12-03, 14:55
Reply to the post way way up there... ITS ONLY A GAME, wow some little items lost, do it over... thats the game.. right? Just pretend u got robbed.

lol

yes it is only a game
yes i could do it again

but i wont because i have had to do it again to many times, 100k is insulting to me, especially when i know they know i can't get diddly squat with that, not even a part of 1 rare lost.

and for some people doing it again is not an option... especially if they spent upteen hours doing it before.... it because a long slow grinding sink....

TheDuckMan
31-12-03, 14:59
you guys are forgetting one thing... it mgiht only be a game.... but this is a game that initially costs about 20 bucks... then 10 bucks a month. And how many years are we into the game now (no rly i have no clue).... and they still havnt fixed it, yet with all of our money there gettin. I hope my 10 bucks this month bought martin a new pair of socks (ok well maybe a few pairs).

Colt Starling
31-12-03, 16:25
OK! I have lost NOTHING. I DONT want a roll back BUT.....

What a fucking mess KK! even though I dont want a roll back personally, I really feel for these poor fuckers who lost all that stuff. What you people fail to see is that all that shit costs people valuable time. Time they could have spent with families etc. And they even pay you for the priv.

WTF were the servers not rolled back the day after we ALL realised the extent of the damage???

It's WAY too late for a roll back now as people have done so much since the bugh but... oh yea, you obviously dont give a fuck abou that do you??? It wouldnt surprise me if when you guys wake up from your christmas office party that you roll back the servers and piss EVERYONE off, and not just the poor poor poor poor poor poor people who lost MONTHS of equipment.

*Sigh* There should be a law to stop this incompetence.!

Tratos
31-12-03, 16:34
i do think it sucks for you guys to lose stuff from a DB glitch and only be compensated 100k but if you get a server roll back even more will whine about loosing stuff theyve got since they've gotten back on..

and btw Colt Starling your sig is funny as fuck, lol

~T

Sorontar
31-12-03, 17:09

Erm I think we are talking a little more than some little items ............. full cabinets of rareparts , rare items that in themselves are made up of 4-7 LITTLE ITEMS. Its potentially 12 months of gameplay ( and a huge chunk of RL time) wiped.

The original poster was asking for a rollback and not asking for items. They would only gain back what they had nothing more , nothing less. And then you wade in with your size 12 shoes with one of the most tactless posts you could possibly post.

Yes its a game ( and hence meant to be FUN ) but it's not like the players aren't PAYING for it on a continual basis and therefore deserve to be treated as such.

I play on Pluto so have not been effected by this DB problem , but have had apartments disappear on me which have been full of my work. Chems , BPs , item parts , rareparts. Its soul destroying to see that disappear and there being no way to get it restored.

If the players RP and pretend they were robbed then okay ........ they will claim off their insurance and get the full value of their house and contents. 100k doesnt go very far at the cafes in Neocron.

I hope you guys get this shit sorted out.

Odin
31-12-03, 17:13
Apartments are being rolled back on Saturn and have been since the database errors. Player inventory was NOT affected directly from it and therefore goes to the standard procedure for such.

FlashFF
31-12-03, 17:54
Since appartments are being sorted, all you're losing is your backpacks if u lost em.

Ive lost my backpack before to that type of bug. Lost a lot of good stuff too. Got myself 100k compensation which was enough to sort myself out a little equipment to get me started and I earned it all back.

I really do feel sorry for you guys that lost a lot of good stuff, but really, it can be earned back. And its just a game after all.

Good luck to you all.

dr.fish
01-01-04, 02:55
player inventory was not affected ???????????????,

is that a fucking joke cuz i'm not laughing! O_o

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 04:27
i was one of the lucky ones on saturn nothing was missing, however i hear some people were NOT so lucky, sometimes 100k just dont cut the 3 months of tech hunting and trading people do to get that illusive rare they always want that they permanently keep in Slot 1 or the one time they store it in their appt so they dont lose it (for me the APU Holy Antibuff) and then it goes :(

will the server be rolled back or would they do individual accounts

the question remains

Scikar
01-01-04, 05:53
Some people ask what's the point in playing if you just lost all of your rare items and parts which you worked for months to get. I ask you, what's the point in playing when to legitimately obtain those items takes you several months, and then 5 people in your clan who only joined 2 weeks ago suddenly get a bunch of 5 slot rares by conning helpdesk?

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 05:54
good point well made but i was talking from the honest, hard working player stand point

Scikar
01-01-04, 06:03
Basically it sucks that people can lose items which they worked hard for several months to obtain, and only get 100k back in compensation. It would suck just as bad, if not worse if helpdesk trusted most of the people who mailed them and gave them the items they claimed to have lost.

You can add item tracking in and whatever but if there's a DB error then even item tracking isn't going to help you much.

There are two factors to consider here. A is the number of people who lose a lot of valuable equipment under the current system. B is the number of people who would exploit the system, if it was changed, in order to obtain high value items with no effort involved, and also the number of people who would refuse to play the game because they don't want to work hard to get items that any random person can obtain by lying in an e-mail . In my opinion, B is higher than A is, and I would guess KK hold the same opinon, which is why we have the current system.

GambitFlame
01-01-04, 06:05
I think, dont quote me on this, that the monetary equivalent was to stop that sorta thing happening.

Also the accounts roll back were ceased to stop duping, i dont condone this sorta action even if does happen :(

But like i said i was one of the lucky ones :)

Kimiko
01-01-04, 06:19
The underlying point is that KK have had over a year to work on these problems, to fix a product that is faulty. Do you really want more content if you lose all your items?

Some people say its a game, but people have put time and effort into collecting the in game items, KK's responses have been insulting at best.

Scikar
01-01-04, 06:31
Well again, how many people quit due to losing all their items, compared to the number of people who quit due to a lack of content? KK can't fix everything at once, they have to prioritise.

NeoSpartan
01-01-04, 06:59
go ahead and quit for all i care..

i gave all my crap away and del'd my 2 capped chars when i quit lasst jan.

came back 2 months ago and it was like starting the game all over again...fung

Futureman
01-01-04, 08:44
Originally posted by Odin
Apartments are being rolled back on Saturn and have been since the database errors. Player inventory was NOT affected directly from it and therefore goes to the standard procedure for such.

A fucking apology would be a nice start. I haven't really had the chance to look at my account, but you don't really have much going for NC atm anyway. You should probably be a little more considerate instead of shafting people. Its not like NC is MEGA popular. Sure when BDOY comes out, things will change. Of course its not coming out until 2005

01-01-04, 13:14
I got lucky and lost nothing.