PDA

View Full Version : Don't know how much more I can stand

ghandisfury
29-12-03, 19:51
Ok, I've recently re-installed NC......and it's so buggy I can't stand it. I'm litteraly crashing every 10-15 minutes. Died 3 times yesterday due to crashes (or just randomly going into sinc). I know that Pluto has been a laggy buggy piece of shit last couple of days, but I need to know if it's my computer or NC. Can anybody help me? Is there anything I can check to make this go away? Any advice is appreciated.

Here are the remodies I've taken already.

#1 re-installed again.
#2 Checked files 3 times (no errors)
#3 Deleted all error files in NC directory
#4 Checked my ISP for delays (1.5m up/down)

Is anybody in the Chicago area encountering the same thing?

\\Fényx//
29-12-03, 19:54
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Ok, I've recently re-installed NC......and it's so buggy I can't stand it. I'm litteraly crashing every 10-15 minutes. Died 3 times yesterday due to crashes (or just randomly going into sinc). I know that Pluto has been a laggy buggy piece of shit last couple of days, but I need to know if it's my computer or NC. Can anybody help me? Is there anything I can check to make this go away? Any advice is appreciated.

Here are the remodies I've taken already.

#1 re-installed again.
#2 Checked files 3 times (no errors)
#3 Deleted all error files in NC directory
#4 Checked my ISP for delays (1.5m up/down)

Is anybody in the Chicago area encountering the same thing?

Once you have installed neocron, try reinstalling your gfx card drivers, your 4in1 drivers if you have a via motherboard aswell as whichever DirectX your running, that may help things.

Candaman
29-12-03, 20:06
once support staff always support staff eh fen

\\Fényx//
29-12-03, 20:13
Originally posted by Candaman
once support staff always support staff eh fen

yep :D

I just cant help being helpfull ;) Just like I cant help posting shite every now and then :p *runs from niddeh* :lol:

Anyway, meh new jobs support aswell, but its internal stuff so i havent gotta deal with end user asshats that think they kow their shit ;) and im on nearly 3x the pay :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Just dont start for another 3-4 weeks yet

ghandisfury
29-12-03, 20:15
Where would I find those drivers at fenix, and thank you for the reply.

\\Fényx//
29-12-03, 20:23

What graphics card and motherboard have you got ? also what version of windows are you running ?

Devastation_0
30-12-03, 04:34
uninstall from ya comp and bin this game its shite

Ascension
30-12-03, 04:38
Originally posted by Devastation_0
uninstall from ya comp and bin this game its shite

Ello Dev m8, how r ya?

Candaman
30-12-03, 12:28

First open ur comp have a look at the model number on ur mobo and type that into google to find the manufacturer then go to their homepage and get ur drivers have a look in device manager to find out the type of ur card and go to the respective nvidia.com or radeon home pages to get ur graphics drivers.

With all that moneh fen u'll be wanting to get rid of ur p.o.s. comp and get a real one i'll take ur scrap one oiff ur hands for u np. I'll even come collect (what are m8s for)

\\Fényx//
30-12-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Candaman
With all that moneh fen u'll be wanting to get rid of ur p.o.s. comp and get a real one i'll take ur scrap one oiff ur hands for u np. I'll even come collect (what are m8s for)

it's actually getting dated now :\ but then again i only play NC and bf1942 on the PC, other games i play are all playstation 1&2 so i cba to upgrade yet, so, tough shit :p ;)

ghandisfury
30-12-03, 15:27
OK, I'm getting a client.exe failureo_O . Happens every 10-15 minutes, and I only get the actual failure when I hack a bot. The hack screan starts, I start the first node and the hack screen resets to look like a totally new hack. Then I can't do anything. When I press escape I get a illegal termination from client.exe.

Also when I'm in a big battle my ping skyrockets. It's usually around 100-150, but now when I'm in PvP it goes to 600-2000......Any thoughts?

FeeNiX
30-12-03, 15:31
Ghandis - Im in the western burbs of Chicago, I havent had crashing as much as you have, but i did have alot of random sync stuff, also sometimes people will be sending me messages via DM or buddy, and I do not get them, I cant hear them, so i have to relog and then i do, I havent been online in 4 days though, so the problems may have gotten worse, Ill let you know when i get back online.

Edit:

I also crash alot when i open city coms, id say that yields an inexplicable crash to desktop 10% of the time, makes faction changing a total pain in the posterior...

Candaman
30-12-03, 15:34
the hack screen sounds like something that used to happen to me on test server when i opened up the asg to spawn a vehicle i'd get kicked to desktop all that took was a re-install (which yes i know u've done a million times) if the file checker don't pick up summat its prob a corrupted file that the file checker aint picked up on because i think it only checks filename and filesize so it can still miss things.

As for pings they have been horrible the last week or so during op fites i've been freezing for about 10 secs then when i come back and my shields wear off i have to wait 10 secs to recast because of the ghey lag that will most probably be server side if u havent got anything running in the back ground or taxing ur network

@ fen ok then u may aswell just send me teh cash =P