PDA

View Full Version : Back to the game from long ago

lockwoodx
29-12-03, 17:40
Hey whats up? I'm coming back to neocron after almost a year of not playing it.

I finally convinced my two room mates to give it a try and I'm really interested to see if the game got better. What's a good server for all of us to start on?

I was wondering if you guys could give me a few suggestions on good starting race/class combonations so my room mates will have an easy time learning the game without being gimped or too dependent on l33t gear.

I had a tank on pluto who was melee and I never got him very powerful but I was wondering after all this time if melee damage was still viable at all or just can't compete.

Thanks again, Christopher

lockwoodx
29-12-03, 17:53
Oh yeah btw what ever happened to drones? Did they ever fix them? Can they be targeted now? What's the best class to use them?

ElfinLord
29-12-03, 18:00
Welcome back!

And welcome to Monkocron. :D

There are a lot of monks around these days. Mostly just because they are so powerful right now, according to some.

I have always played monks or spies myself, so I am kind of biased.

Heavy Combat tanks recently got some new toys. All classes now have power armors, and hybrids are not what they used to be at all. You pretty much need some rare imps to very effective. They are still playable, just no where near where they used to be.

I would suggest tanks for starter chars for your friends. Especially since you already have some experience with the tank. My roommate tells me that they are not that difficult to play. I could never get into it though.

I think spies are pretty fun to play. You can actually be a fairly decent fighter and to some tradeskilling at the same these days.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun. It's what it's all about.

And, again, welcome back! :D

Best class to use drones: spy

I have never used drones, but I understand there are some pretty big soul light bugs when using them, and some concerns about not being able to tell who is LE'd and who isn't, plus no local screen.

I hope I have been able to help a little.

[SP]Ostrich
29-12-03, 18:18
welcome back

COME TO

URANUS

Sefran
29-12-03, 18:19
Better go grab a robe while there hot :D

Jest
29-12-03, 18:21
If you had a tank on Pluto then you should come back to where you originally played on. ;)

El_MUERkO
29-12-03, 18:24
Saturn is the most populated, Pluto is the most hard core, not a fluffy bunny in site and uranus is eh... also a neocron server.

;) :p

Theres been lots of nice additions but I adviese you no matter where you go not to take your LE out till you get to grips with the game again or you will get very pissed off very quickly.

Beanie McChimp
29-12-03, 21:24
(this is on uranus )Ok I'm ready to say this so all big clans don't set me to kos for telling it like it is most big clans act like 7 year olds on crack and are like hey noob you can't level here at crp this is ours and i'm like hey how am I supposed to lvl to not be a noob and put up a fight if i can't level hey it's just illogical. But some people are ok just join a clan who arent on hell bent on owning the whole map.

ElfinLord
29-12-03, 23:11
Beanie, dude, your sig is way too big. ;)

100 pixels high or 6 lines of text or a combonation. :)

Here's the official word: (from here (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules))

Custom avatars/signatures may not break other forum rules and may not resemble official avatars. Signatures may not be higher then 100 pixels in height, 6 lines of text or a combination of the two (for example, it is permissible to have a 50px graphic and 3 lines of text). Signature width may be as long as you require provided it does not extend the screen on a 1024*768 resolution and linked content must not consume excessive bandwidth.

lockwoodx, come to Pluto. There's tons of fun to be had. :D

Original monk
29-12-03, 23:19
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
(this is on uranus )Ok I'm ready to say this so all big clans don't set me to kos for telling it like it is most big clans act like 7 year olds on crack and are like hey noob you can't level here at crp this is ours and i'm like hey how am I supposed to lvl to not be a noob and put up a fight if i can't level hey it's just illogical. But some people are ok just join a clan who arent on hell bent on owning the whole map.

ROFL thats funny, weird people owning crp on uranus :)

btw ya have an extremely cool sig beanie :) altough a littlebit on the giant side but i like nuns with guns lol

Archeus
29-12-03, 23:53
Wow a year? that would make you a beta player.

I was going to list a ton of stuff out, but you would be better off reading the patch notes.

Put it this way.. a ton of stuff has changed.

Promethius
30-12-03, 00:04
Welcome back. I'd have to say come to saturn. Been my home since beginning. We got some a high player count and well Saturn>all . Though plutos not bad also.

naimex
30-12-03, 00:24
come to uranus, for a better life.

On uranus you will find ::

-Adventure
-Drama
-Action
-Storyline
-Full Scale War
-Decent opponents
-Ganking
-Friends
-Enemies
-Events
-24 Hour/Day entertainment
-FREE NEOCRACK !!!!!!!!!

Join uranus now, for a better life.

Dardalion
30-12-03, 00:26
Originally posted by Archeus
Wow a year? that would make you a beta player.

I was going to list a ton of stuff out, but you would be better off reading the patch notes.

Put it this way.. a ton of stuff has changed.

No it wouldnt - Ive played since mid December 2002 and wasnt in Beta :D

lockwoodx
30-12-03, 00:48
Thank you everyone for the awsome feed back. I just missed beta but bought the retail game the day it was released in the USA.

I was never too crazy about monks but I'll try anything. I prefer unique classes wich is why I had the melee tank.

Drones always seemed very cool but they were buggy as hell and I'm sorry to hear they are still messed up.

If you guys can go into detail about good weapon types for the different races/classes I'd appreciate it. Templates would help my room mates have a good idea of goals to give them self as they play.

I think we will play on both pluto and saturn, but start on pluto to learn the ropes then branch to saturn as we become more experienced.

My old melee tanks name was "Shortbus GiveslotsofHugs" so if you see me in game say hi, I plan to use him and what ever cash he had to help my friends get a decient start.

J. Folsom
30-12-03, 00:53
Originally posted by lockwoodx
Templates would help my room mates have a good idea of goals to give them self as they play. Check here for some imperfect, but good for a starter, setups. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85739)

Prodigious
30-12-03, 00:56
to be honest there are so many possibilities with Private Eyes these days i would try one of them, just remember to put your psi points in ppu, when i started i did resist psi lol -----> not goog

if your a monk, you just must choose between offence and dealing damage, quite a lot of, and defense and keeping other people alive (namely the apu monks who deal the damage)

Tanks are only good with heavy combat weapons it seems, tho melee is fun still

Spies, if you want to be combat effective, use rifles as always, pistols good for tradeskillers because they need little weapon lore, leaving int free for construction/research

i dont know why i have posted this because you say you have played before so im probably just insulting your intelligence, but maybe your roomates can use the info,

my advise, go for a private eye, why because you can do lots with them, and well quite frankly, as long as you dont wear the PA, they look the best to. end of story

Prod

lockwoodx
30-12-03, 01:00
"I dont know why i have posted this because you say you have played before so im probably just insulting your intelligence, but maybe your roomates can use the info"

No insult taken friend :)

I appreciate every bit of information and every Opinion I can get reguardles if it's positive or negative.

Please keep it coming as not only my room mates will soak it up but I'll have some good info to coax others into trying the game out ;)

El Barto
30-12-03, 03:52
No idea who you are, but welcome back! :D

Netphreak
30-12-03, 05:15
Good to hear someone coming back to the game.
Rifle Spies are fun if you like spies i would reckogmend trying rifle.
Hint of adice use drones to lvl you up first they give great exp.

As i play uranus all most exclusively now i would say play there the server has alot of decent people on it who are willing to help noob's out. Saturn still has too many "i'm the best pvp'er ever i own you and everyone else......"
Also uranus is still quite RP server not as much as pluto due to its 1 char restriction but not far off.

Doc Holliday
30-12-03, 07:10
Uranus. fun server. nuff said.

VetteroX
30-12-03, 09:13
if you want to join the server with the least people, aside from venus, go uranus. If you want to see another person every hour or so instead of once a day, go saturn.

g0rt
30-12-03, 09:21
Originally posted by VetteroX
if you want to join the server with the least people, aside from venus, go uranus. If you want to see another person every hour or so instead of once a day, go saturn.

rofl so true

best part about uranus is its easy to get mc5 chips cuz no ones ever there hahaha but whats the point in getting them, to be more efficient at killing mobs? :rolleyes:

naimex
30-12-03, 15:45
Originally posted by g0rt
rofl so true

best part about uranus is its easy to get mc5 chips cuz no ones ever there hahaha but whats the point in getting them, to be more efficient at killing mobs? :rolleyes:

w00t ?? when are you hunting mc5 ??

everytime i go mc5 theres 4 clans in saferoom..taking turns on whacking the BC