PDA

View Full Version : LE players / Belt hacking - Is it possible?

DigestiveBiscui
29-12-03, 16:25
I was in Pepper park the other day, and some tank died via the new guards, he was in tangent, so friendly to me and i thought nothing of it, he will come back, get his belt, and go again.

I then noticed this LE guy come in (same faction as him) and he started hacking his belt.

At that time i thought that the tank had asked him to, because there may of been hostile faction in there that might shoot him. Anyway, the LE guy hacked the belt, and went into plaza, where the tank was.

Once he was there, he just insulted the tank and basically mocked him, saying he has his belt (which was tank PA2 apparently) and ran off laughing.

Obviously i could be wrong, and he may of just been an idiot and never hacked the belt in the first place, and someone may of stealthed in and got it, but can LE people hack belts?

If they can, why are they allowed? no one can stop them because you cant shoot them, and then they have ran off with something possibly important and no on can do anything about it, not even put a bounty on their head, because of the LE.

So does anyone else think that (if its not already done) LE people shouldnt be allowed to hack belts?

ElfinLord
29-12-03, 16:27
LE users can't hack belts.

J. Folsom
29-12-03, 16:28
As far as I'm aware, an LE'd player can hack a belt, but can't open it. So unless the LE'd player logged onto an alt to loot it, it shouldn't be possible for him/her to loot that belt.

If LE'd player can loot belts as well, something isn't working right... Though, I think, that hacking belts should be completely impossible for LE'd players anyway, if you can't loot it yourself, you're just doing it so someone else can after you hack it yourself...

DigestiveBiscui
29-12-03, 16:32
if they can hack it, but not open it, its still bad enough

you can have an LE guy running around with an apu and ppu. They kill the player, the LE guy hacks the belt, and one of the other users runs off with the loot......still not right

El_MUERkO
29-12-03, 16:36
They can hack other peoples warbots so I wouldnt be suprised if they can hack belts as well.

ElfinLord
29-12-03, 16:57
I wasn't 100%, so I just logged in my roommate's account and I was allowed to hack a belt with my LE in. I just couldn't loot it.

In any case, it shouldn't be allowed.

Psyco Groupie
29-12-03, 17:00
yeah well it obvious they can hack it ... but it is then open to anyone ?!

Archeus
29-12-03, 17:20
Once its hacked it is open to anyone except LE users.

Krll
29-12-03, 19:45
If the LE user mentioned in the first post did manage to loot the belt, then there must be an exploit that let's LE users open belts after they are hacked.

LE users have opted out of PvP and the whole belt loot system by keeping their LE in, so they should not be allowed to even hack the belt in the first place.

-Krll

IceStorm
29-12-03, 20:35
They can hack other peoples warbots so I wouldnt be suprised if they can hack belts as well.
Anyone can hack any other person's Warbot...

Cyphor
29-12-03, 20:43
The tank might have teamed the runner, thus he decieved him into stealing the belt...as said above unless he exploited he shouldnt have been able loot the belt otherwise.

Krll
29-12-03, 21:01
Originally posted by Cyphor
The tank might have teamed the runner, thus he decieved him into stealing the belt...as said above unless he exploited he shouldnt have been able loot the belt otherwise.

Even when teamed, an LE player shouldn't be able to open the belt... I've tried it.

Also, if you drop a belt, then put your LE in before going back for it, you can't open you OWN belt (I tried it once)! :)

-Krll

Sefran
29-12-03, 21:03
A LE player can hack a players belt 200% sure, he just cant open it.

So LE hacker + a player with no le = ur belt gone