PDA

View Full Version : Help please im a n00b

Tratos
29-12-03, 15:49
ok i REALLY wanna play the ye olde neocron demo, the one with plaza in ruins and TG all over teh place, but i get a lovly bug where i cant select sound devices and graphics cards when i try to run it and the drop downs are blank, anywho i had this prob with a reinstall of neocron not to long ago, all i had to do was tweak the .ini file and it worked, but i cant remeber what i had to do, and the offline demo .ini looks completely different. :confused:

anyway, this is the .ini from the demo. if anyone could help me out and tell me what to change i'd be very greatful!

heres the .ini

-----------------------------------------------------------

//neocron INIFILE

STARTTIME="12"

//Grafik Optionen
PREFDRIVER = ""
PREFMODENAME = ""

PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"

GAMMA = "1.1"

//Einstellungen
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"

CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"

PLAYCDTRACK = "0"

//Record Einstellungen
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"

// IP Adresse NetHost
NETBASEIP = "90.0.0.1:7000"

-------------------------------------------------------------

help plz :)

~T

J. Folsom
29-12-03, 15:50
PREFDRIVER = ""
PREFMODENAME = ""

Just replace these two with the ones in the Neocron.ini of your current normal Neocron installation. I'd provide you with mine, but it'd probably mess up since it's using the Dutch names for the generic driver, and not the English one.

Edit: They should be the third and fourth lines (In your normal Neocron installation), replace the two directly below "//Grafik Optionen" with those (In the demo installation).

Tratos
29-12-03, 16:08
thank you soo much, omg this demo rocks!!!

and its weird how the .ini is in another language when i d/ld the english version, lol

~T

garyu69
29-12-03, 16:11
the demo is fantastic. Loved every minute of it.

I liked the fact that when i jumped from the top of the medicare enterance in P1 i died :\

makes a change to just landing and not breaking a leg or something

Tratos
29-12-03, 16:48
everyone speaks its amazing, and the wrecked plaza looks soo fucking cool

~T

garyu69
29-12-03, 16:53
The closed Crytons gave me an idea which i put here:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85617

Loved the graffiti from TG, lol

http://www.no-wherefast.com/neocron/tgattack.jpg

t0tt3
29-12-03, 20:13
does it crash all the time as it did 1 year ago? =)

Beanie McChimp
29-12-03, 20:18
Where can i get that demo apart from going to fileplanet I playe da different demo

Beanie McChimp
29-12-03, 20:25
Just a thought wouldn't this be cool if plaza looked like that when BDOY comes out like say you get it and say the people who log on during the first 24 hours of it being loaded up play through the war say TG and DOY forces break through into neocron and have bombed plaza and are attempting to take over neocron and you log on and there are no safe zones but the city is in ruins and copbots and stormbots are fighting tg and doy forces i can imagine that.