PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of beam APU beam range now?

VetteroX
29-12-03, 12:27
I still think apu beam range is too long. I was fighting 2 apus a few days ago as my rifle pe. I kill one and he grs right back, and the others being really annoying spamming poison at me. so i get a good range on him... and I mean good... like when you can tell what class it is, but they are still so far away you cant see anything else. so i try to snipe him with my pain easer... and wtf? hes poison beaming me. long long range. I eventually killed em both, but I got close range and fought the same way i would with my pistil pe.

Anyway, I thoght beam range was reduced? its still insane. I think they should put in higher level lance spells, that have long range, but give people a chance to escape it, and beam spells should be short range, as we know no matter what you do, once that apu clicks, you can freaking teleport 15 sectors away and 3 beams still hit you.

Beam is just too powerful long range and super damage. And to any apus thta complain, ive got a capped psi 87 base int apu who I love playing as.

Opar
29-12-03, 12:32
HOly Lightning - 157m CAP.

Toxic beam (1 slot, shit range) - 255m

Im pretty sure they only SERIOUSLY nerfed the rare beams.

Original monk
29-12-03, 12:32
well, it seems the poisonbeam reaches a bit further indeed, but try hunt warbots with a holy lightning: ya gotta come veery close now, in contradiction with prepatch where ya could snipe a WB on 500 meters :)

edit: indeed opar :)

Opar
29-12-03, 12:34
Use Holy Energy Halo for sniping :D

Gotterdammerung
29-12-03, 12:36
I can have my drone at the ceiling and be so far away from a monk they look like a greasy smudge and he can STILL hit/kill my drone

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 12:38
I think beam range is fine, I think they forgot to reduce poison beam range though.

I think all apu spells should require los.

Opar
29-12-03, 12:40
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
I can have my drone at the ceiling and be so far away from a monk they look like a greasy smudge and he can STILL hit/kill my drone

Maybe its not a monk! Maybe is a nasty Spy with a Silent Hunter with a, um... Holy Lightning mod on it =P

VetteroX
29-12-03, 12:52
well, maybe its mostly poison beam then, but I just dont think a char who can hit people after they get behind a wall or even gr, and dont have to aim, should not have good range.

WebShock
29-12-03, 12:57
i think its fine.

TT had a huge TG raid last night in saturn, about 2 hours of fighting on saturn followed by 2 very large op war fights. I can tell you that there was more holy halo firing that lightning bolts and fire apocs in the distance.

It was nice. i agree with the community when they say that the APU's strongest weapon, holy lightning, should not have the insane range it used to have. Holy halo sniping can be so fun too :D

The capped PPU's still managed to rez so i can say that all the psi nerfs put into effect = decent balance.

I have thoroughly tested all the new changes and I can honestly say that i will STFU. it takes 2 ppu's to rez now but it sure as hell makes OP fighting more fun since its more challenging.

cheers KK. Good job.

Zu (Pluto)
29-12-03, 12:58
As far as I can tell, Poison Beams haven't had their range reduced. I'm sure they just accidentally missed it or something. I've spammed Bugtracker about that but if I few more of us do that, maybe the programmers will remember to fix it next patch.

Of course, I never did manage to kill anything with it. Poison just seemed incredibly weak compared to energy or fire. I recall dropping 4-6 on Kyle and it barely dented his health bar even though he didn't bother healing :(. Of course, I didn't do much better with an Energy or Fire beam but that was because he wasted me before I could get many hits on him while he just took the poison on the chin.

Zu

Original monk
29-12-03, 13:03
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung

then its a very good apu cause its real hard to target a drone from long distances :)

El_MUERkO
29-12-03, 13:52
Energy beam range seems acceptable for such a powerful spell, but I've got a 3 slot halo on my monk now and I can cook your nose from the other side of the sector so your still boned :D

kurai
29-12-03, 15:26
Originally posted by Original monk
then its a very good apu cause its real hard to target a drone from long distances :) Still a fuck of a sight easier than having to use a reticle tho :D

Candaman
29-12-03, 19:19
if u don't like using a reticle don't go spy!