PDA

View Full Version : Few annoying things that ought to be fixed

Argent
28-12-03, 19:10
How many times you've been on the run from some attacker and quickly tried to GR out and ended up dead on the GR because you couldn't find the location on the GR list fast enough?

How many times you've given 5 expensive rare parts to researcher and got back 5 parts for Paw of Tiger?

Too many. I'm not saying that this kind of things happen all the time, but occasionally when they do happen, it's very annoying. Why? Because it would be so easy to fix these things.

---------------------

1) The unarranged GR list problem.

Right now the list of GRs are in the order you get them. This can be very annoying especially when you play multiple chars and the list is always different. Solutions would be simple, either update the database on the servers in alphabetical order and keep using it, or then update the client with a small clip of code that arranges the GR list on the GUI. Fixing this would be so simple, and it would mean easier gaming for all the players so why can't it be fixed already?

---------------------

2) The "Trust noone" problem

Everytime I give my rare parts to a researcher I gotta make sure he's reliable (ie, someone I know), but even then I can't be sure that I'll get my parts back. And what will I do when I need my dear 5-slotted Holy Lighting fixed? Give it to some "repairer" who I find on the plaza? No thanks.

Solution? Tradeskill window which resembles the trade window. The customer opens trade, the repairer inserts his tool into the window, customer puts his item in the window, they both press "Tradeskill" button. And item is fixed, but it was never in danger to be stolen by the repairer. The window stays open the whole time until tradeskilling is done or cancelled. Same goes for researching.

Pros :
-Cutomer's items can never be stolen or switched.
-You can use any tradeskiller you find without the fear of losing items
-Either the customer or the tradeskiller can provide lube/cubes, by default it will be first be taken from customers inventory. No more "I need grease/cubes!" whining.

Cons :
-Tradeskilling might become a little slower than it is now
-Anything else?

But what about barter? It would need another kind of solution, and I'll let you guys think about that.

---------------------

Ok, this is just the start, if you think that there are similar small problems in the game, which could be fixed rather easily, please post them in this thread. This can be moved to brainport later but please let it get more attention on the community talk for a while.

Remember, small details make the whole.

Ps. Rate the thread (and that also means that if you love the unarranged GR list and that people are able to steal your stuff, vote low)

trigger hurt
28-12-03, 19:18
2) The "Trust noone" problem Everytime I give my rare parts to a researcher I gotta make sure he's reliable (ie, someone I know), but even then I can't be sure that I'll get my parts back. And what will I do when I need my dear 5-slotted Holy Lighting fixed? Give it to some "repairer" who I find on the plaza? No thanks. Solution? Tradeskill window which resembles the trade window. The customer opens trade, the repairer inserts his tool into the window, customer puts his item in the window, they both press "Tradeskill" button. And item is fixed, but it was never in danger to be stolen by the repairer. The window stays open the whole time until tradeskilling is done or cancelled. Same goes for researching. Pros : -Cutomer's items can never be stolen or switched. -You can use any tradeskiller you find without the fear of losing items -Either the customer or the tradeskiller can provide lube/cubes, by default it will be first be taken from customers inventory. No more "I need grease/cubes!" whining. Cons : -Tradeskilling might become a little slower than it is now -Anything else? But what about barter? It would need another kind of solution, and I'll let you guys think about that.

This just carebears the game even more. You can't drop your gun in pvp. Now you can't get it stolen either?

Sheesh.

Leave trade like it is. There should be a risk in everything. But since there is no risk in dying, and you take out the risk of being robbed, what point would their be to being a swindler? None.

Fix that damn bug where everything in the window pops back into inventory though. Annoying.

Xian
28-12-03, 19:23
Agreed with trigger. Where the heck is the risk if all you have to do is open a little window and get your item repaired/researched without it ever leaving your inventory.

It's a futuristic world - there are going to be nasty people who steal or swap your stuff.

Argent
28-12-03, 19:31
Originally posted by Xian
It's a futuristic world - there are going to be nasty people who steal or swap your stuff.

Yeah, I'd agree with you if I could actually do something about it. But I can only stare at him bragging at his friends "Hey look what I got" while the copbots keep shouting "Put the motherfucking gun down!" at me, instead of shooting the thief full of plasma.

Sure they are KOS when I see them on the wastelands but that doesn't help much does it.

Argent
30-12-03, 13:10
*bumb*

I guess this can be moved to brainport anytime now.

Don't you people have any similar ideas?

Archeus
30-12-03, 13:17
yes it sucks getting your stuff robbed but on the other hand building a trust with players helps build communities.

RayBob
30-12-03, 13:32
I don't agree with your tradeskill idea. As has been said already, risk is part of the game.

The GR list, however, is something many people have asked for. I wouldn't mind having a seperate button at the top that is set to you apartment.

Shadow Dancer
30-12-03, 14:06
Originally posted by Argent
Yeah, I'd agree with you if I could actually do something about it. But I can only stare at him bragging at his friends "Hey look what I got" while the copbots keep shouting "Put the motherfucking gun down!" at me, instead of shooting the thief full of plasma.

Sure they are KOS when I see them on the wastelands but that doesn't help much does it.

Exactly.

It's BS. The "real life" or "cyberpunk harsh world" arguement fails IMO.

I totally agree with both changes you propose.

Argent
06-01-04, 14:32
Lazy mods, move this to brainport.

Quede
06-01-04, 17:06
Originally posted by Argent

Amen.

Vampire222
06-01-04, 17:16
agree its too ez to steal shit... [ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ]

Nightbrother
06-01-04, 17:21
Maybe the tradeskill window idea could be used when runners are in safe zones, to signify that it would be impossible to steal anything (realistically) without the runner seeing it. All other zones (which will be quite many once BDOY comes) could use the normal trade just like it is now.

I've never stolen from anyone, and frankly, having Rade trust you to repair her SA time and time again, and such similar experiences, really warms my fluffy heart. :)

Well, when I activate my account again (BDOY hooray!) I shall look forward to repairing/ressing for people again. Remember my name if you don't want anything stolen.