PDA

View Full Version : PPUs can't kill anything... except PvP

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 17:28
I am sick and tired of meeting PPUs in PvP combat. Anyone that's even a little competent at playing one is virtually impossible to kill. Now most of them argue back and say "well I can't kill you". Well they can cast things that make you useless in a fight - which is as good as killing you, and it sure makes fighting a chore rather than fun.

But in fact, I don't mind so much that they can cast their stuff on me, the thing that really annoys me is how hard they are to kill. If you could kill them, you could stop them casting stuff, problem would be solved. Normally I just run from them, but occasionally I take the time to shoot at one, and they just type "ROFL" and heal. Why not make them killable like everyone else? What other game has a healer class that never dies?

But fix the freeze for god's sake, it's freezocron all over again, except now only PPUs can do it. Fighting is quite dull when you can't move.

Nexxy
28-12-03, 17:40
I dont see the problem anymore, my devourer makes most PPUs drop like a sack of shit, apart from the goods ones but theyve worked hard to be good so i guess deserve it.

I agree with the freeze thing though, its just stupid.

Super Mario
28-12-03, 17:44
o.k another "nerf the ppu" post. why not just leave them alone the got severly nerfed in the last patch AND if you read the patch notes (i think it is the bugs and gliches sticky) The parashock was not ment to be stronger and will be fixed in the next patch.

Also even a competent ppu can some times balls up and make a mistake which would allow you to kill them, i mean there are many ways to kill one E.g noob buffing

so why not do what most ppl do and work away around it instead of trying to make it easier for your self to kill one by getting them nerfed even more and try and find a way to do it with what you have.

PPU's take alot of time (like other classes) trying to find a way to tweak there resists to make them as great as they are so stop trying to hurt them.
:angel:

$tormbringer
28-12-03, 17:53
i playing a ppu myself agree a little bit with the initiating post....

the biggest problem with ppus in pvp is that they can freeze u, coz ewith a freeze on u u cant do shit... i think a good way to balance them would be to remove paraschock entirely...

and tbh a ppu is killable... get 2 apus and almost every ppu dies... cept the really really good ones....

Dribble Joy
28-12-03, 18:09
Originally posted by Super Mario
o.k another "nerf the ppu" post. why not just leave them alone the got severly nerfed in the last patch

They did indeed.
However.....
Balance in PvP is still fucked up and unfortunately it still lies with the PPUs.
Freezers (in all their forms) need to go.

I know many dissagree with this, but making shields self cast only would help.
As it stands, the 3 combat classes are pretty much balanced, however, when PPUs are introduced the defence/offence ratio gets completely screwed.
PEs virtually nothing from PPU foreign shields, Tanks gain a great deal, and APUs become god like engines of death.
PvP/PvM damage would have to be toned down possibly (PvM needs sorting anyway.)
Holy heal, even without shileds, is incredible.

Biznatchy
28-12-03, 18:13
Ok here is the real deal.

Enemy was up at the bunker on saturn ganking noobs. He is a libby pe and thinks anything he shoots with the libby should just roll over and die like the noobs he is shooting. So when real pvp'ers show up he is cannot deal. So he come on here whinning nerf what i am not so i can be more uber.

LTA
28-12-03, 18:19
tbh all got nerfed was rez, you glue got a mana hit which is good. none of your defenses got effected, ok so now you can't res everyone in a few mins and yu can't glue the entire attack force in 1 psi bosters worth of mana.
Apus got hit a little harder than that imo with there beams getting a range nerf...

The glue is stupid but the counters work as much as i wanna see the shock nerfed they almost have the anti drugs there (lower the cost remove DF!).

Well my contribution heh, first get rid of shock, make shelter and def run castable... TWEAK the heal (i said TWEAK not SLEDGEHAMMER) and give def/shel a life bar. Then instead of 120 seconds of 70% resist you get a shelter with 120 hp at that resist when it reaches 0 the shelter/def ends and has to be re cast.
I think then once you get 10 v1 ppu his shields ain't gonna see the light of day as they will just get horribly wasted then the ppu is dead. Imo once your teams all dead and you got that many on you the fight should be looking to end :D

Sanch0s
28-12-03, 18:28
Get rid of parashock then who cares? They cant hurt you anymore, i believe that ppus SHOULD be invincable virtually, thats fine with me aslong as they cant be invincable and be able to glue my ass to the ground.

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 18:33
Meh, I personally believe that PPUs should have some attacking power, yet extremely weak defenses. Give them access to the Vein Ripper or something, since the Church did make it. Able to boost the defenses of others beyond compare, yet has to be carefully defended or else he'll hit the floor like a sack of weasels.

Maybe it's because I always play as the Priest/Cleric in Every Other MMO (tm).

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 18:38
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Ok here is the real deal.

Enemy was up at the bunker on saturn ganking noobs. He is a libby pe and thinks anything he shoots with the libby should just roll over and die like the noobs he is shooting. So when real pvp'ers show up he is cannot deal. So he come on here whinning nerf what i am not so i can be more uber.

For your information, I fight highly ranked players all the time, I very much enjoy a good fight, as winning one is an achievement. And that is completely besides the point anyway. I am not invincible, and I don't think anyone should be invincible... else what's the point of fighting?

Originally posted by $tormbringer
and tbh a ppu is killable... get 2 apus and almost every ppu dies... cept the really really good ones....

APUs.... the highest damage dealers in the game. 2 of them...
I can sometimes kill PPUs with my APU, but only ones that aren't very good. Good PPUs can beat my antibuff, poison, HL and fire apoc (capped damage), especially if they have high runspeed (can't target so easily then).

Some classes are harder to kill than others, but if I fight well I can kill any class with my PE in a fight except the PPUs. It simply isn't possible to kill them. You can't fight with them, if you engage with them it's just a shooting/healing/freezing/dmg boosting session. Add any damage dealer to the mix and you're dead, unless you can anti-freeze and stealth away. And they usually just freeze you again anyway... and then you get drug flash, and then you've been dmg boosted probably, then you die. (for those that want to complain about stealth here, I don't think it's perfectly balanced either - I want to perhaps see some kind of longer delay between using it each time... a window of opportunity in which people could kill the stealther before he cloaks again).

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 18:41
Originally posted by Sanch0s
Get rid of parashock then who cares? They cant hurt you anymore, i believe that ppus SHOULD be invincable virtually, thats fine with me aslong as they cant be invincable and be able to glue my ass to the ground.

Perhaps you're right. But I still think there should be some damn way to kill a PPU if you meet him 1 on 1.

Spex
28-12-03, 18:50
PPUs have a hard time to kill others, so why should you be able to kill them easily? Do you pay some extra "I should be able to kill everyone in Neocron"-fee to KK? *sigh*

Candaman
28-12-03, 18:55
as a ppu i think ppu's themselves are fine but para in its even stickier form as we find it now really needs to be sorted and make it less sticky like same sticky ness as a mauler gives u or remove it completely because as it is one glue and ur not going anywhere can't turn it may aswell just kill u there and then

Sefran
28-12-03, 19:06
Why always bitch the PPU , the ppu is fine like he is its the apu who is overpowered...so u cant kill a ppu and now u come whine here?

Thane
28-12-03, 19:12
soooo.... bullets don't seem to work anymore against em, eh? :(

anyway, as you said it in this post, they can't do anything but make u useless, they are not able to kill anything (as it has been said...)

sooo... 1:1 .... if the PPU can't kill you, it's just about time, everything that can't kill it's opponent is most likely about to lose :D

thought too simple? mesa don't care :eek:

XaNToR
28-12-03, 19:14
as long there is a heal who outheals dmg there is no balance :rolleyes:

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:05
parashock should be taken out thats it i mean if the ppu could'nt parashock people it would make pvp fine even with holy heal

ya parashock takes a little more time to cast now but when it smacks you..GOOD night if you run out of drugs

Shadow Dancer
28-12-03, 22:26
I agree with the enemy. PPUs kill pvp. They have wayyyyyyyyyy too large an influence in pvp while retaining godlike defense. You can't have both. One or the other, but not both. That's just imbalanced. I think freezer should just be pvm only.

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:28
I think freezer should just be pvm only.

ill second that

theres no real use for it i mean comeon whats it good for other then ganking and cheaping people out?

2ply
28-12-03, 23:28
As a PPU, I think para should be taken out of game. All forms. I think THATS the thing that ruins PvP. But for christ sakes. Leave our buffs alone. You already nerfed our rezz, and if you take out para, don't you think thats already enough?

Maybe a slight nerf to holy heal would be fine. That way we can't outheal 10 people shooting at us...:rolleyes:

Nexxy
28-12-03, 23:30
yes, lets take para out and make it even harder to kill a PPU :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
28-12-03, 23:34
Originally posted by Nexxy

:lol:

That would be the only bad side effect. But I think it would still be better than being glued to the floor by ppus.

I can't stand the way I see a blue swirly as soon as an enemy ppu is in range. :rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
28-12-03, 23:45
Remove para.

Nerf heal 20% (32 a tick would still be awesome and wouldnt be as rediculous as our 40+ a tick now.

Nerf Shelter and deflector by atleast 10%
Deflector should be nerfed hardcore if u ask me why give us a defense to what should be our greatest weekness?

And nerf foreign shelters another 10% in addition making people rely a bit more on there own defenseive abilities. Since apus are fine until you put them with a ppu.

These numbers probably arent perfect but I think that is basicaly what needs to be done to fix ppus.

g0rt
28-12-03, 23:45

I dunno what kind of noob PPUs u guys got on pluto, but most of the PPU's I know keep a cath sanc up and usually even have a holy antiparalyse on them for emergancies

Para doesn't do shit to a *GOOD* ppu...with polarity gone maybe its hard to find one over there these days.

2ply
28-12-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Remove para.

Nerf heal 20% (32 a tick would still be awesome and wouldnt be as rediculous as our 40+ a tick now.

Deflector should be nerfed hardcore if u ask me why give us a defense to what should be our greatest weekness?

And nerf foreign shelters another 10% in addition making people rely a bit more on there own defenseive abilities. Since apus are fine until you put them with a ppu.

These numbers probably arent perfect but I think that is basicaly what needs to be done to fix ppus.

My suggestion would be to nerf heal by about 15-20%, leave shelt alone or nerf about 5%, nerf the def by a good 15-20% too.

Then a speedgun would maybe hurt more then a cs. Because as it is now, 4 tanks can shoot me with a speed while i have a heal on, and the only thing it does is break my armor.

Judge
28-12-03, 23:49
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Remove para.

Yes :)

I agree completely with that.

LTA
29-12-03, 01:00
Originally posted by g0rt
I dunno what kind of noob PPUs u guys got on pluto, but most of the PPU's I know keep a cath sanc up and usually even have a holy antiparalyse on them for emergancies

Para doesn't do shit to a *GOOD* ppu...with polarity gone maybe its hard to find one over there these days.

i always carry anti dmg boost, stun, poison ontop of cath, just incase things got egy and they cast fairly speedy to.
The heal is mad i agree, it's mad how one sec there near death then next there nicely full hp...

Spex
29-12-03, 01:18
Well, this is a client-server-thingy, too. While running around in MC5 I thought several times "ok, now I'm dead" and in the next second I had almost all health back, which means my client is calculating shit until an update from the server about my "real" health comes in and gets displayed.

And I still have to see a PPU surviving 10 people ...

{MD}GeistDamnit
29-12-03, 01:25
I dont see the problem anymore, my devourer makes most PPUs drop like a sack of shit, apart from the goods ones but theyve worked hard to be good so i guess deserve it.

I agree with the freeze thing though, its just stupid.

yeah I seen a devourer take 190 hp off a fully buffed ppu in 3 seconds flat. also me as my spy and my buddy as his PE killed a good ppu at mb not too long ago, so there are ways ;)

Possessed
29-12-03, 03:41
Originally posted by g0rt

Actually the time between ticks on a cath sanctum are quite long, also the time it takes to draw and use holy antiparalyse is roughly 1-1.5 seconds. In this time it is possible to do a considerable amount of dmg to a ppu, especially when combined with holy antibuff. So no it can do alot to any PPU if used right, ask any half-decent PPU and they'll tell you that their speed is also a very large factor in them being able to survive.

Also, every post of yours seems to be a bitch post about Pluto, what happened to you? Few too many decent players for you too keep up with?

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 03:46
Possessed is right. That's why often times I would tell my PPU to parashock as soon as my debuff is about to connect. Even that 1-2 seconds of freeze is enough to destroy them. Although sometimes they do manage to escape.

But still..........

TheEnemy
29-12-03, 05:45
Remember that antibuff doesn't last... they have their shields back up in no time. And besides, only APUs can do it.

petek480
29-12-03, 05:49
But while para'd a ppu can't run, while the apu cast anit buff, and hide behind something to recast s/d.

Ferabukoo
29-12-03, 08:33
why dont you ...

cry

Archeus
29-12-03, 09:30
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Remember that antibuff doesn't last... they have their shields back up in no time. And besides, only APUs can do it.

Fully buffed and shields and holy heal+sanctum running I was dropped in 3 seconds by two people (both of who were tanks). They knew how to bring down a PPU in seconds. Not even enough time for me to react to what I was being hit with.

Try to learn how to combat different fighting styles instead of whining.

The only problem with the latest patch is that parashock is bugged (low level para does the same glue as a holy para). So your problem isn't with PPUs as spies/PEs can pull the same sort of crap now.

Edit: Just to point out, had I known what the two tanks were going to come at me with, I could of kitted myself out to defend against it. Point is they knew what and how to hit.

TheEnemy
29-12-03, 10:57
Originally posted by petek480
But while para'd a ppu can't run, while the apu cast anit buff, and hide behind something to recast s/d.

Exactly, you'd need an APU to kill a PPU :wtf:

And don't think PPUs need to constantly run around. It helps them dodge shots, but most can survive fine just by standing still.

TheEnemy
29-12-03, 10:59
Originally posted by Archeus
Fully buffed and shields and holy heal+sanctum running I was dropped in 3 seconds by two people (both of who were tanks). They knew how to bring down a PPU in seconds. Not even enough time for me to react to what I was being hit with.

Try to learn how to combat different fighting styles instead of whining.

Perhaps you'd like to explain this magical technique more?

Archeus
29-12-03, 11:01
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Perhaps you'd like to explain this magical technique more?

No not really.. because I was pretty pissed off dying in seconds as opposed to be able to run or defend against them.

Psycho Killa
29-12-03, 11:04
I dont beleive in this magical technique..... theres no way I can die if an apu isnt involved.

Only thing i can think of is devourer.... but you can get like 90 poisin resist along with insane resists in everything else still as a ppu. Then poisin doesnt phase u.