PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons to have a barter glove

Dont Mess
28-12-03, 16:36
i know its bn mentioned before but it needs a glove because....

1) its a tradeskill
2) my barter has 175 base barter (capped intel all points in barter) and when he gets a support 3 it does make a BIG difference so an extra glove bonus will help
3) it would be cool to have an intel bonus as it helps barter a little
4) the transport would be nice as a barter needs to carry lots of parts from A to B
5) u can wear sexy PA4

REMUS
28-12-03, 16:55
there isnt a valid reason for a barter "glove" wtf is it supposed to do massage the shop keeps hand when u shake it to make him/her horney so you will get a price, maybe a barter based cpu or eye.

although you could, just go the non role play route and just make a barter glove.

also i would definately say that barter's dont get bloody anything in this game and they need some love.

*btw ive been awake a grand total of 4 minuites if this dosnt make sense*

Sanch0s
28-12-03, 17:02
Maybe you could say that the glove increases the wearers self confidence thus making him barter better?
Oh any another thing, people dont barter solely by talk, wouldent body language bu used, and people do use their hands when they talk.

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 17:15
How about a full set of barter armor ;)

Eledhbrant
28-12-03, 18:23
Originally posted by TheEnemy
How about a full set of barter armor ;)

Thats easy, female char, barter "armor" removes the clothes hence making all purchases amount to zero :p
Best barterer ever.

Peeping Tom
28-12-03, 18:36
A good handshake are important for first impression...
yes give us a barter glove or some barter imps plz..
its the ONLY trade skiller that dont have any imps\armor\gloves that adds tho his skill(barter)
and some extra tra from imps\goves would help alot
K4F

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 18:39
The barter glove could also conceal knives and laser beams. Shopkeeper not cutting down his prices? Giving you shit? Whip out the old barter machina and show that bitch who's boss!

Dim
29-12-03, 01:37
ok.. maybe no barter glove.. but at least give barterers some brain imps, they have absolutely none.

RayBob
29-12-03, 01:44
I would like to see a driving glove. There are people that consider driving a tradeskill. Besides, driving gloves just sound cool. :p

Sefran
29-12-03, 03:03
Driving skill glove +100 to vehicle use , god i would love that....

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 03:14
You can use RP to justify anything. All it takes is some creativity. So I think "it doesn't make RP sense" is a bad reason to take out or not have something in this game.

Keiron
29-12-03, 03:28
Personally, I think the tradeskill gloves should be merged into 2 types. Dex subskill and Int sub-skill. You could then have the dex one give drive and the int one give to barter as well.

Omnituens
29-12-03, 05:00
Originally posted by Keiron
Personally, I think the tradeskill gloves should be merged into 2 types. Dex subskill and Int sub-skill. You could then have the dex one give drive and the int one give to barter as well.

Read On! (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1106739#post1106739)

(please don't post there, old topic)

I didn't include barter because i though a brain imp would be most suited to that skill

Morris
29-12-03, 05:03
Seriously. My researcher gets +50 research from imps and glove. Constructors get +60. Why do barters get absolutely nothing?

Keiron
29-12-03, 05:03
Originally posted by Omnituens
i dont see how a glove can help barter, plus that would give the INT one 5 skills and the dex one 3 skills Jeez great minds think alike:p About the 5 to 3 thing, who cares? There simply are more int trade-skills and thus the Int glove should be slightly more on demand.

Original monk
29-12-03, 13:32
im in favour of a barterglove: barters needs some serieus loving :)

maybe make a barterkamichip LOL: RP reason: run in the shop: yell: i got a freakinbarterkami here: sell me all yourse stuff or i blow up this shop: really convincing bartertechniques

Nah, give us a barter and vehiculeglove :) and a hackglove :) it would be a nice extra

Drake6k
29-12-03, 13:35
I could prolly make 5 reasons not to have a implant or recycle glove in the game...

Neocron needs less rare parts in the tech pool and more ways to get the new items.

amfest
29-12-03, 14:04
so people want to make it easier to sell APCs over and over again to make money even more useless. Oh wait it is useless except to new characters (unless they have a clan or someone that gives them a load of money).
I kinda wish it wasn't called barter but Charisma instead and having more gave you more time to walk by certain aggro guards and even mobs before they attack you. Not just having to do with money. Would maybe to some make it more rewarding you think? hm maybe not

tuxy
29-12-03, 14:06
nerf barter it destroys the economy

Lucjan
29-12-03, 14:40
Originally posted by tuxy
nerf barter it destroys the economy

Sad, but true. It is about time that KK closes some of the huge cash generators like APCs.

When it comes to implants for barters, an eye might be a fitting choice if we dont want a glove. Still, before any BRT implants makes it into the game, huge cash generators should be closed. It isnt much work...

MkVenner
29-12-03, 14:46
how about a glove (or eye or armour) that releases pheremons that make people more "nice" to him?

Thane
29-12-03, 14:56
5) u can wear sexy PA4

makes sense.... when you would read RM posts, you would know thePA4 is supposed to be used on drugs (like a stoned munkee)

so, you wanna have it so u can use the drug PA without drugs... naaaaa..... not the way joergie wanted it :D

SigmaDraconis
29-12-03, 14:58
barter glove? no....for RP and balance reasons...

but hack and drive...yes...WHY THE FUCK IS THERE NO HACK GLOVE?

oh and dem slick driving gloves ;D

Archeus
29-12-03, 17:25
To use a barter glove you slap the vendor about the face until he does what you say ;)

I say yes to Barter glove (actually driver glove would be great! and hack glove ok).

Alice
29-12-03, 19:18
Barter is underused by runners, unless it's for themselves.

I'm a barterer on Saturn, and no-one wants to know. I can advertise all day, and the most I'll get is maybe to buy some bits for a constructor, or some gel for someone.

Make Barter more useful for runners, or replace it with a different skill.

Jeros82
02-01-04, 14:33
I think drivers glove is kind of useless, cause the highest vehicle has 37 (for as far as i know) so why use a glove for that? What's the next thing u guys want ? A masturbation glove ??? Keep it the way it is.....

Mumblyfish
02-01-04, 14:36
Originally posted by Jeros82
I think drivers glove is kind of useless, cause the highest vehicle has 37 (for as far as i know)

Erm... ATC has a requirement of 62. Bearing in mind for (non-gimp) Spies and PEs you can't EVER have enough DEX points to spend, I don't think it's that bad an idea.

Cryotchekk
02-01-04, 14:55
people would exploit barter again with more barter

]v[ortice
02-01-04, 15:04
I was first to m00t about driving gloves way before all the new gloves showed up.

Barter Glove would be splendid IMO

Dim
02-01-04, 15:32
Originally posted by Lucjan
Sad, but true. It is about time that KK closes some of the huge cash generators like APCs.

When it comes to implants for barters, an eye might be a fitting choice if we dont want a glove. Still, before any BRT implants makes it into the game, huge cash generators should be closed. It isnt much work...
Why should the cash generators be closed? it's not like you don't have to work to be able to make that money.

Comie
02-01-04, 17:03
i rekon there should be a barter impliment definatly, i was thinking an eye.... (eye for a bargin and all that) but then yu wouldnt be able to switch it out as fast as a glove however a PA style of thing would be good.
Yu know like the suggested 'PIMP suit' the pa puts yu into a buisness suit and give yu a briefcase, proper buissness looking better than the one yu can make with the spy's outfitter thing

Lucjan
02-01-04, 17:37
Originally posted by Dim
Why should the cash generators be closed? it's not like you don't have to work to be able to make that money.

Because you generate insane amounts of money by not doing much for it. Lets say you build 100 pistols. You sell them back to the shop and you make some cash, like 300k. The same time spend on one of those money generating items you make more like 2 mill.

Archeus
02-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by Lucjan
The same time spend on one of those money generating items you make more like 2 mill.

2 million is about 20'ish APC keys (after you factor in all your costs). Less if you buy the C10s, but buying and finding is a lot faster then constructing them.

Researching/Constructing takes a lot longer and (having tried it) is mindnumbing boring slow. It also requires more then one person to do.

Yes you get cash doing it. Big deal, it is hardly what I would call fun and amazing as it may sound there are better ways to get cash which is more fun.

Incidently, want to know what the biggest money earner is for the least amount of work? Outposts. Do the math.