PDA

View Full Version : Saturn stability today ;(

Babai
28-12-03, 10:32
The server stability on saturn was kind of bad today. Upon entering the abandond cellar 4 in Plaza 1 I got into a permanent syncing. I exited the game and tried to log in but all of a sudden all my characters were white-eyed psi monks and I could not login into my spy for 3-4 times. Finelly logged in to find out that I was killed in the cellar (perma synched ;(), respawned in Medicare but whenever I tried to retrieve the backpack it said "you have to wait a little longer to perform this action". Tried loggging out and logging back in to find out that I am back in the cellar 4 but w/o all equipment and even the back pack could not be found on the floor. Was promptly killed again as I was still in sync imparement and could not jump out ;) Respawned back to Medicare and failed to retrieve the back pack again with the same message. Logged out and now cant log in any of my new white-eyed psi monks ;)

Just a suggestion, untill those pesky sync errors are fixed, it would be better to remove the mobs from the rooms (cellars) we are syncing into.

PenguinNick
28-12-03, 10:33
Discuss your errors on the Saturn Ventrilo Server

cmu.ventrilo.org

Port 3788

That way we can try to find out what's going on

Spectra260
28-12-03, 10:45
theres already like 4 threads about saturn...:D

g0rt
28-12-03, 10:46
was only on today for awhile to LoM didn't really notice it...

i hope its not like this tommorrow, its neocron lan time, cartel style, for the next 3 days

bongs, brew and neocron...thats what me, stapes and w33man are all about

tuxy
28-12-03, 10:48
hey elements thread was first and he locked that
boo hisss bad form

g0rt
28-12-03, 10:49
nick im trying to get this ventrilo setup lol 1 sec

Spectra260
28-12-03, 10:49
Originally posted by tuxy
hey elements thread was first and he locked that
boo hisss bad form

yea i noticed that too...

kinda lame...

DonnyJepp
28-12-03, 11:09
At this time Saturn is totally fucked. If you die, your backpack won't recover and you may find yourself permasyncd. There are multiple people complaining on OOC and other channels. Both of my accounts showed all monks in the character slots earlier.

There are major problems requiring sysadmin attention asap.

AndyUK
28-12-03, 11:32
i heard a lot of ppl complaining in game, when i logged on al my chars were freaky looking monks well scared me.

apart from that no probs but i aint died yet ;x

Original monk
28-12-03, 11:44
i logged in and got my pokes, 2 pokes and paid a tip, i come check the forum and post sumthing then log back in ...

my chips are back in inventory and i can go get new pokes .. nothing seemed wrong only my pokes are back out o_O and armour and spells ... so is this server not registering what i do ?? it wasnt lag i wasnt stuck in a lagspike or fataled after lol

the server is gettin a bit fucked up :)

Sefran
28-12-03, 12:18
citycoms dont work at all, and already waiting 10 min after entering a app's pass hm ...o_O

Original monk
28-12-03, 12:23
hiya ethe, i have some to add:

when ya wonna direct someone you get a random name lol so actually ya cant direct anyone + alot of people are clanless .. weird weird weird all

Sefran
28-12-03, 12:28
First time i logged in i warped to MB, then i gr'ed back to nc lom'ed 30min. Then i relogged , respawned BAck at mb?? And all the lom's are at the same place again.....:mad:

Original monk
28-12-03, 12:30
like i said with the imps: if ya do anything ya get resetted back to a previous time so actually it has no use to lom or poke or anything lol :)

+ i get a mail and when i try to open it i fatal everytime

Sefran
28-12-03, 12:33
Yeah its useless to play , oh wait u can get killed relog and still be alive rhrh *g*

Original monk
28-12-03, 12:42
my poker is stuck in permasynch at some appartment, the char that needs the pokes gets poked bye someone on plaza and when i relog the chips are back in inventory :/ so i dont think it has any use playing...
I gonna play some fire-arms, generals zero hour or rollercoastertycoon 2 :P i hope this gets fixed soon :)

Sefran
28-12-03, 12:44
Or what about the doomed e-mail when u wanne read it u crash....8|

Sefran
28-12-03, 12:50
All kinda wierd lags, city coms not working , app's not working continue rollback when ur relog etc o_O

ponders
28-12-03, 12:50
this is exactly what happened before , you cant go anywhere or do anything , when you log in its always at the same point . as i remmeber a server reboot done the trick last time .

LumLum
28-12-03, 13:08
Yep alot of lag today and bugs (flying)

And dudes, I can't get that Saturn ventrilo working, don't you want to hear my sexy voice?

[D]estructro
28-12-03, 13:10
But why is nothing happening@!?1
Can't even connect to server atm! Do rollback, I dont mind! If it just works....

Jadin Eleazar
28-12-03, 13:16
At this time Saturn is totally fucked. If you die, your backpack won't recover and you may find yourself permasyncd. There are multiple people complaining on OOC and other channels. Both of my accounts showed all monks in the character slots earlier.

Same here. Can't recover my backback and only the active char seems to be OK in the selection menue. The 3 others are all male monks with the same face (they were a FEMALE monk, a male SPY and a FEMALE SPY).

So please fix the Problem KK

Psycho Killa
28-12-03, 13:19
I cant log in :(

RAB
28-12-03, 13:20
I have had a lot of failed to connect on sync and chucks me out type bugs on saturn over the last week or so.
I was also pretty laggy to say the least yestesday evening and night GMT.

LumLum
28-12-03, 13:21
I finally logged in and it gets stuck on Synchronizing when I try to enter the TG Caves...

also... HOW DO I GET ONTO THE SATURN VENTRILO!!!!!!

AndyUK
28-12-03, 13:49
yea i just found a synaptic accelerator on the floor and now its gone u were all witnesses and i have a screeny.

to get on ventrilo u download it and install it ?

ps anyone good at faking screenys pm me cheers :)

LumLum
28-12-03, 13:53
ive downloaded Ventrilo and it says "unable to resolve specified servers DNS/Hostname"

I really wanna talk to NC peeps as I'm a total old skool newbie.

AndyUK
28-12-03, 13:55
click the arrow next to server

where it says hostname and ip enter

"saturn.ventrilo.org"

and port

"3788"

without the efforts """"'s << those

btw theres only 1 guy there and hes in bed. ;x

[D]estructro
28-12-03, 13:59
Are they going to restart server or what?! Some KK,Gm or whatever want to reply on that pls?

tuxy
28-12-03, 14:01
Originally posted by LumLum
ive downloaded Ventrilo and it says "unable to resolve specified servers DNS/Hostname"

I really wanna talk to NC peeps as I'm a total old skool newbie.

i get the same thing, it was working earlier though so it might be back again soon
ill talk to u if we can get on :)

AndyUK
28-12-03, 14:14
it does work im on there u must be doing summet wrong

tuxy
28-12-03, 14:31
i see saturn.ventrilo.org wroks but cmu.ventrilo.org no longer does