PDA

View Full Version : How do peopel set up non kami hybrids?

iainy13
28-12-03, 09:35
I wanna make a hybrid but i dont want to use a kami chip or a DS as they are both hard to get and the kami makes u die realy fast. This is the plan i got for the psi related part

INT
psi use 189

PSI
PSU 93
APU 87
MST 64
PWR 134

It lets me use blessed shelter, holy deflector, blessed heal, resurection, crahn parashock barrel and i can damage boost. IVe never realy made anything like this before so i have no real idea what im doing. Should PSU and APU both be raised to 100 and would that mean both apu and ppu would basicly be the same as 70 apu and 70 ppu? And would that mean that a module needing 80 apu i can use but i will have an inreadably low % on it? Would my PSU and PWR make up for the lack of apu and ppu at all?

g0rt
28-12-03, 09:37
prob is you will have alot less psi power then a DS monk cuz of the whopping +14....

but this is still a viable setup, no doubt about it

iainy13
28-12-03, 21:26
also can i use xp psi constroller 2 and 3 at the same time?

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 21:28
More hybrids, please. Hold the anchovies.

Tickles
28-12-03, 21:44
Originally posted by iainy13
also can i use xp psi constroller 2 and 3 at the same time?

Psi Core, PP Resist Chip, Exp 2 and 3 shud be fine.

extract
28-12-03, 22:01
Originally posted by Tickles
Psi Core, PP Resist Chip, Exp 2 and 3 shud be fine.

id replace the PP resist with a LE if i were him and that setup....

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:03
Originally posted by extract
id replace the PP resist with a LE if i were him and that setup....

Why's that. Hes gonna have better defenses then a PE and be able to use mid level parashocks.

According to this comment, all tank's, spies, and pes should also have LE's in LOL

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 22:13
He is NOT going to have better defenses than a PE. Hell, he isn't even going to have better defenses than a tank. And I sure hope he doesn't like doing any damage.

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:15
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
He is NOT going to have better defenses than a PE. Hell, he isn't even going to have better defenses than a tank. And I sure hope he doesn't like doing any damage.

Wanna put 1mill NC on pluto where your mouth is? I could use a bit of extra cash on there...

I guarantee with blessed heal and blessed shelter he will have WAY better defenses then a PE...110% guarantee...doesn't even matter what dmg % he gets on those two spells, they WILL put him over the top.

Think about what you're saying, honestly.

My old hybrid setup had:

126 fire resist
148 energy resist
126 xray resist

...with blessed shelter on top of that, it fucking rocks nuff said. with a BLESSED heal running on top of that, you'll take like 30 from a cs at the most probably less...and i had 420 hp to boot WITHOUT DRUGS (could have probably gone to about 460 or so if i used a paratomol forte)

honestly, think about what you say before you type

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 22:19
I don't have even 100k, so I can't gamble. But regardless, any hybrid will agree with me - this setup is terrible. Zero defense and zero offense. For what you're trying to get, just go pistol PE.

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:22
I don't have even 100k, so I can't gamble. But regardless, any hybrid will agree with me - this setup is terrible. Zero defense and zero offense. For what you're trying to get, just go pistol PE.

I have had multiple hybrids and i completely disagree with you. I currently have a hybrid with only a psicore at this time, and STILL i disagree with you.

The facts are....monks can get the same resist POINTS with thier boosters as a PE, nearly the same HP, and use BLESSED heal and BLESSED shelter to boot. The main word here, *BLESSED*.

The guy can get 110% dmg on that blessed shelter and its still gonna outdo a PE's normal shelter by FAR. On top of that blessed heal just owns I mean its SO CLOSE to holy heal, even at low dmg %'s...I know because I use it on a /45 hybrid lol so theres NO way you can prove me wrong buddy.

Anyone that says he will have crap defenses....simply put...doesn't know very much about this game at all....no offense there buddyboy but if you think this setup has "zero defense" you have a hell of alot to learn about monks :lol:

Shadow Dancer
28-12-03, 22:23

Err no, he's gonna have kick ass defense. I created a non ds non kami hybrid that used normal shelter and took 52 damage from a cs. That's just normal shelter.

But I dropped that setup because the offense was wayyy too crappy.

Psycho Killa
28-12-03, 22:25
Your right access to psi armor and heavy belts along with blessed shelter and heal is absolute shit defense :rolleyes:
The only person that will have better defense then him is either a ppu or a hybrid with a dimension splitter.

Not to mention holy energy halo kicks major ass for its TL.
Add on damage boost and u got a lethal ass dude.

g0rt
28-12-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Your right access to psi armor and heavy belts along with blessed shelter and heal is absolute shit defense :rolleyes:
The only person that will have better defense then him is either a ppu or a hybrid with a dimension splitter.

Not to mention holy energy halo kicks major ass for its TL.
Add on damage boost and u got a lethal ass dude.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Err no, he's gonna have kick ass defense. I created a non ds non kami hybrid that used normal shelter and took 52 damage from a cs. That's just normal shelter.

ONOS LOOKIE SOME SMART PEOPLE :D

iainy13
29-12-03, 08:19
alright well thx for all the relplys. Ive started makin the hybrid and ive never had this much fun laying any class before. Can i use xp psi controller 1 2 and 3?

Psycho Killa
29-12-03, 09:39
Yes but your resist force will be raped.

Original monk
29-12-03, 10:28
alright well thx for all the relplys. Ive started makin the hybrid and ive never had this much fun playing any class before

en besides wat everyone is whining about this is the most important reason in playing a hybrid :)

ITS so freaking FUN, ya dont need to be a rocketscientist to play hybrid, ya dont need to spend 14 hours calculation in some obscure skillmanager, ya yust need to go play and put some points here and there where ya like am and guess what : IT WORKS :P

Enjoy playing youre hybrid, i didnt play any of my other chars this weekend: yust fun leveling my noobiehybrid: i can level everywhere lol, poisoncaves, chaoscaves, firemobs, energymobs, everywhere, its sooooo fun :P (except a ppu gave me a psi-combatbooster 3 and now my rank is fucked, but still :P)

ITS fun...., have fun healing yourself + attacking stuff :P

t0tt3
29-12-03, 15:03
alright well thx for all the relplys. Ive started makin the hybrid and ive never had this much fun laying any class before. Can i use xp psi controller 1 2 and 3?

instead of xp psi controller 1 use psi controller 3... thats 15 extra PSU and could boost your RoF a bit and little little psi :p
Then a few 5 ? ppw or what does xp 1 give??

Original monk
29-12-03, 15:12
euh if i have it correct it does +1 psi +5 psi use and +5 psipower, minus resist force and strenght i think :)

if youre capped you can even put in a move one: then ya can use filterheart 2 and have +18 health wich you can use to shove in resists, or athletics, altough ya have all dex in aghility probably :)

altough this is a veery experimental setup : i used it on my apumonk on uranus and its quit funny :)

i should stick to the exp psi controller 1 cause i think psipower is more important, altough ya gonna take away even more resist force ffcourse :) or when youre psi-use is hi enough use the +15 psi use chip, maybe ya get insane frequency's then indeed: i dunno i havent tried it yet :)

good luck anyway :)