PDA

View Full Version : Melee Campaign!

Clownst0pper
28-12-03, 01:57
Its that time again folks!

Just lomed my H-C tank to Melee and I think its great. Makes xping a little difficult, hard to grasp in PVP at first but ive got it down to an art form now (Killed 2 DG using Melee tanks at CRP last night on my own)

Couple of things Callash.

Increase the damage alot more on the Devils Grace, its a TL 103 Melee weapon and does less on just about everyone compared to the Paw of Bear.

Give me the ability to use a Paw of Bear and Paw of tiger on each hand, just like it states they should be worn on the Rare weapons description.

Give us a new TL 114 Rare melee weapon, anything will do, as long as theres a filled gap from 103 to 114TL.

Make the melee dmg on PVM more consistent, my DG's dmg jumps from 90-130 needs tweaking.

Other than that the PA is great :cool:

SUPPORT MELEE:angel:

ezza
28-12-03, 02:14
melee will always get my support

lets hear it for melee!!!

g0rt
28-12-03, 02:16
im planning on starting my melee tank once i have his implant lineup ready, so yeah I hope melee gets some lovin :D

ezza
28-12-03, 02:19
need to finish lomming my former heavy tank to melee then hes ready for the clan;)

melees been the torment of my life, lommed Diabolus Decor about 6 times from heavy to melee before i started Consecro Animus

got my 5 slot devils grace waiting for use:D

g0rt
28-12-03, 02:21
Originally posted by ezza

got my 5 slot devils grace waiting for use:D

uber :cool:

i got a 3slot i just build ready for modding :D

whats up with laserblade ultima tho? +18 freq +18 freq whats that about its basically useless on rares, only good for the energy soulblade

ezza
28-12-03, 02:24
hmm never noticed about the laserblade ultima tbh, since most melee weapons ive made i could cap without needing the ultima

g0rt
28-12-03, 02:26
hmm never noticed about the laserblade ultima tbh, since most melee weapons ive made i could cap without needing the ultima

got 4 of them made just by the parts collecting and no one wanting to trade for them :rolleyes:

when i saw the stats i was kinda dissapointed tbh

shodanjr_gr
28-12-03, 02:30
Im on the virdge of loming my pluto tank into melee!!!!
Somebody stop me!!!!

ezza
28-12-03, 02:32
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Im on the virdge of loming my pluto tank into melee!!!!
Somebody stop me!!!!

nah just go for it, its funny shit running like a mad man hacking away at shit:)

shodanjr_gr
28-12-03, 02:35
nah just go for it, its funny shit running like a mad man hacking away at shit:)

Hm...i was thinking, is it possible to use both a CS and a DG at least half effectively at the same time?

ezza
28-12-03, 02:38
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Hm...i was thinking, is it possible to use both a CS and a DG at least half effectively at the same time?

you can cap melee and still use CS but your CS damage will suck iirc

shodanjr_gr
28-12-03, 02:40
you can cap melee and still use CS but your CS damage will suck iirc

Hm.. then no point in using CS, lets see, what about speed gun?
Whats the HC needed to cap speedgun damage?

Spectra260
28-12-03, 02:45
i think some of those ideas are a lil too much...

melee is actually pretty good in PvP...a DG tank who has high ath can pwn a HC tank... espeially if they dont miss alot...

Sundiver
28-12-03, 02:51
The thing I like about melee is, you never have to reload. That and you don't have to worry about carrying enough ammo around with you. Unfortunately, I LOM'ed my melee tank to H-C the other day, and I kind of regret it. Leveling got slow and I missed ranged weapons. But I guess I will LOM back to melee some day. It was fun as -. I didn't get to use any of the rare melee weapons this time, but have been using paw of bear a long time ago, when leveling on sand worms and such was uber and everybody and their cat did it. The worms never lived to tell what hit them when I rushed over the hilltop with my POB ready. Oh I miss those times.. don't remember whether I used melee in OP fights, though.

Jest
28-12-03, 02:57
Todat at Fight Night I watched a melee tank run cast heal and I almost wet myself. I think I might start a melee tank myself actually. Partly because I have enough rare parts for like 4 of every melee rare. Might be fun. :)

Spectra260
28-12-03, 02:58
Originally posted by Jest
Todat at Fight Night I watched a melee tank run cast heal and I almost wet myself. I think I might start a melee tank myself actually. Partly because I have enough rare parts for like 4 of every melee rare. Might be fun. :)

he almost won too:p

i wanted to try and fight him...but i got kicked out after i killed MaN:(

ezza
28-12-03, 03:00
they need to sort out the problem of melee missing even when you hit.

yeah melee can be good, killed 2 spys and a PE at once when my main tank was melee(better than i ever was with my heavy tank lol) but if you fight a real good heavy tank one with aiming spot on melee tank is going down

Psycho Killa
28-12-03, 03:17
Melee new favorite char is melee pe :D

Clownst0pper
28-12-03, 12:02
Not sure whoever thinks devils grace is amazing needs there head looking at, sure I rape H-C tanks, but thats only because of my speed, it takes forever..

I mean, if a TL 103 pistol/rifle was hitting you it would do more than 20-40 dmg a bullet o_0

Lets see it boosted again callash!

YoDa-UK
28-12-03, 13:15
Several problems still with Melee

1. Needs more of a boost again, still not enough dmg on the top rares

2.Needs to be fixed where the dmg will register properly

3. Needs the coding sorted out so when you hit something in front of you it registers, even if its running away at close range.

4. Need a TL 110+ new rare

5. All melee weps need ammo type mods "poison/fire/xray"

6. All melee weps need normal mods "freq/range/dmg/handling"

Other than that melee is a lot of fun, sure it is taking a long time to drop someone, i think right now using a POB apu's or hybrids go down real fast, but using a DG seems to be slow even on spies

The way the dmg stacks feels wrong, it takes to many hits to really get anything out of it, oh and yes it is possible to cap dmg on DG and a CS, your aiming will be shit though on CS

Clownst0pper
28-12-03, 15:04
Seems we got a fair few melee people.

I was thinking with the poison mod that once you hit them with it, it stacks a single poison stack, however, this stack does good dmg and lasts a long time compared to the poison beams etc! :angel:

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 15:43
My monk FEARS melee tanks. My PE too, to some degree - if they are particular good at dodging my shots.

I've had an idea of a melee PE, with stealth he could be kind of like an assassin, suddenly appearing behind someone to stab them :)

Cruzbroker
28-12-03, 17:48
Still having my pistol tank.. Yet another thread everyone so excited about melee and nothing is done o_O

ezza
28-12-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Still having my pistol tank.. Yet another thread everyone so excited about melee and nothing is done o_O

i had my first melee tank about 8 months ago,myself and a few others kept going on about making melee better, but they didnt do anything about it:(

Candaman
28-12-03, 19:05
Hybrid monkeh > Melee tank

well at fite nite anyway =P

Mumblyfish
28-12-03, 19:07
No way in hell can a melee tank beat the uberness that is Holy Heal.

Oh, and did you see how uber the droners were at Fight Night? Nerf the droners!

ezza
28-12-03, 22:18
Originally posted by Candaman
Hybrid monkeh > Melee tank

well at fite nite anyway =P

before the uber hybrids appeared i used to be able to kill the best hybrids 1v1 with my melee dude, but i dunno cant see it happening now

Clownst0pper
29-12-03, 13:54
TBH I never have any trouble against hybrids, usually I just shock them to slow them down some and bash away.

Callash, Have you any plans my man? :D

Krll
29-12-03, 20:15
Originally posted by TheEnemy
I've had an idea of a melee PE, with stealth he could be kind of like an assassin, suddenly appearing behind someone to stab them :)

Hmm... you need dex implants to use the lowest stealth device on a PE don't you? Dex implants reduce Str, and vice versa, so you'd have to sacrifice your ability to use any rare melee weapons (and maybe even the higher non rare weapons) just to use the lowest stealth device.

It's a very cool idea, especially for an RP character, but if you want it for PvP, I can't see it working. :(

-Krll

Psycho Killa
29-12-03, 20:18
..... or maybe someones beaten u to the idea enemy :eek:

Capping dex is a bitch 9 more levels to go and ive had capped strength forever :(

but uh yea uh dont listen to me melee pes suck and do horrible damage ya!!! DONT MAKE ONE

You can still use a rare Krill

Krll
29-12-03, 20:56
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
You can still use a rare Krill

Hmm... just played on the test server quickly... I can get the 90 dex needed to use the lowest stealth device, and I can get the 68 str needed to use the Paw of Tiger (lowest melee rare), but the setup causes problems to keep the 60 int also needed to use the stealth device.

I will have to play some more and see if I can figure out how you plan to do it, since I doubt you'll tell me of your own free will. ;)

-Krll

-=z=-
29-12-03, 21:14
Move on
Zerk 3
Motoric 3

Smart Cybereye 3
Reflex booster 2
PEPA 2 or 3

This will get you there. You can use Neural Adv 2 to allow use of med fire belt or higher Reflex booster.

Psycho Killa
30-12-03, 07:49
Theres one implant spot that adds int....
but usualy single skill ones are used

Drake6k
30-12-03, 07:59
People are going to make melee way to powerful asking for a damage increase. Look at the pvm damage, its already great. The fact that it sucks in pvp is that everyone resists it. Just like a 0 slot CS. Melee needs damage mods, (xray, poison, force)

SamuraiPizzaCat
30-12-03, 08:23
weee!!
everyone is LOMing / makin a melee char
*hides 5 slot enegery soul blade*

ajm
30-12-03, 08:28
Originally posted by -=z=-
Move on
Zerk 3
Motoric 3

Smart Cybereye 3
Reflex booster 2
PEPA 2 or 3

This will get you there. You can use Neural Adv 2 to allow use of med fire belt or higher Reflex booster.
I'd use SF chip and exp.reflex 4. No need for motorics or smart eyes, OR that lobster suit. Medium belts would be nice though, but you can probably settle for a pp chip instead of a neural adv.

On the other hand, if you throw in a smart eye 4 (-10 m-c), I think you still wont have any trouble capping a paw of tiger and force resist, in that case, it would be either pp chip + medium fire, or neural adv + medium energy. Hmm...

You can save up some con points with excessive agility so the resists wouldn't be too shabby I guess.

Clownst0pper
30-12-03, 12:55
People are going to make melee way to powerful asking for a damage increase. Look at the pvm damage, its already great. The fact that it sucks in pvp is that everyone resists it. Just like a 0 slot CS. Melee needs damage mods, (xray, poison, force)

Yep, we do need blade/claw modifications such as poison/xray/fire

It would increase the damage loooooads.

We also need to be able to change the colours of our laser blades :cool:

Devils Grace
30-12-03, 14:58
i think my damage is just fine, but thx for ur worries:lol:

err spam anyone ?

yes i do think so

if that hapens i might consider not to delete my tank

go melee go

Strych9
30-12-03, 15:39
Yeah, everyone forget about melee PEs. Nothing to see there. Move along. ;)

My melee PE is actually setup assuming NO rare imps. He is currently 22/35 I think and already has every imp he needs for the final setup. Stealth isnt included of course.