PDA

View Full Version : C.Y.B.O.T - Who he is

Britt Deluccia
27-12-03, 23:25
RIght im sure Niddy will slap my wrist for yet another OOC post, but frankly i need to do this before i scream.

Too all those who wondered. and all those who tried to abuse C.Y.B.O.T ( the usual "oo u must be like 3 or summat n00b" )

I play the character C.Y.B.O.T, im a volunteer helper. the character was designed by myself as was all the storyline and the entire idea. the account was made by snowcrash and the character was capped by Penz ( my boss- and a great guy ). Im fully supplied and supported by the GM/DEVs and i have many many rules. Such as not allowed outside Tech Haven, not allowed to leave RP. Not allwed to carry more than one weapon at once. all these rules are there to protect the game. ( although bugs still cause some problems :rolleyes: ). ive stayed dedicated and ive had a good luagh. ive actually seen people who didnt RP before start RPing around C.Y.B.O.T. Well recently with this new security his useful ness is.... limited as only nutrals raid and one i hit -5 SL im not allowed out of my app (and 2 kills takes me from 100 to -3 )

This post is just to tell you all. yes im a player, not a script or a bot or AI. but im not a standard player. and i have rules. and i really do get pissed off when immature people start spamming that im a 9 year kid playing "robot" well no . im actually a Roleplayer and i find that being a roleplayer causes me to get alot of Grief. and Frankly im sick of it. i refuse to play on Uranus and Saturn as i got heavy abuse the moment i logged in. But now pluto is getting less and less fun to logon too.

Well thats my story. thats me done and prolly guna have my wrists slapped. but i needed to do this.

BD

Revslad
27-12-03, 23:28
ive never even heard if you...:rolleyes:

Britt Deluccia
27-12-03, 23:29
Play Pluto?

sorry i should have said im pluto only now

Revslad
27-12-03, 23:30
ahh that may be why hehe:D

El Barto
27-12-03, 23:36
Can't you kill people who abuse you? Cos wouldn't it be RP because even though you are a a robot (in RP) TH in the future must have the technology to set it to kill runners who insault him.

Spex
27-12-03, 23:38
A pure roleplay character in Neocron? Kudos to you, but as you see, the mass of stupidity drowns everything in it sooner or later :(

Maybe you should think about a different idea of a character, although I like this robot-character (never seen you on Saturn, though). Do you need a strangely beeping R2D2-like bot at your side? ;)

Darth Slayer
27-12-03, 23:38
Damn BD well I for one would like to see you on Uranus.
I'll admitt theres a few jerks on there but hvy abuse ?
I always thought that we in Uranus (:D ) where a friendly bunch..:rolleyes:

ezza
27-12-03, 23:39
well as long as you aint overcapped:p

but i means who gives a shit now anyway, not like enemies can do much raiding of TH with all the bullshit turrets in the place, turned it into a big pussy carebear haven.

but hey what do i know im just a black dragon thug

Tratos
27-12-03, 23:39
well, ive never seen you, but thatsa only because ive been in TH 2ce in all my NC life, lol

but i think its a great idea you had, i thought you were just a normal player who had just made a char for role play, but i see you've had GM assistance which is pretty cool, as it shows you've suggested this idea to them and they've agreed. i think more of this type of thing needs to be done, i would most cerianly take on some sort of this type of project myself as its a very cool way to role play, sorry that people have been giving you abuse about it, i think its pretty cool, as is the storyline which runs along side it

~T

Kimiko
27-12-03, 23:41
in a RP sense it would be silly. insults wouldnt cause harm to the bot, weapons fire would :p

keep at it britt... TH seems to attract the decent roleplayers, people who actually believe in fighting for a cause.

Britt Deluccia
27-12-03, 23:45
No i cant kill those who abuse me.. or annoy me ( however much i want too ) as Cybot has no emotians (sp) so wouldnt get annoyed or feel abused. if it was RP abuse. id just ignore it (as i do ) but the sheer ammount of none RP abuse i get it... upsetting.

I like uranus for a while untill i got heavy abuse from some member. and saturn (i think its saturn ) the TG clan new dawn (i think - sorry if it wasnt u ) decided because i asked one of there members to lower the weapon that they would assist several others in killing Cybot over and over and over, with a load of OOC abuse to boot. so i avoid that server now (i belive cybot is still dead there)

Duder
27-12-03, 23:45
Ah Britt, dont give in by crude remarks and insults, one gets insults everyday, just say "Sticks and stones
may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" and kick their genitals in next time you see them.

Darth Slayer
27-12-03, 23:46
Originally posted by ezza

but i means who gives a shit now anyway, not like enemies can do much raiding of TH with all the bullshit turrets in the place, turned it into a big pussy carebear haven.

but hey what do i know im just a black dragon thug

Yes what would u know Black Dragon scumbag......:p
Mind u the sheer amount of turrets is quite mindboggling and I'm FA......:D
Oh for the days when my droner was chased throu TH screaming for his life.....:rolleyes:

ezza
27-12-03, 23:49
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Yes what would u know Black Dragon scumbag......:p
Mind u the sheer amount of turrets is quite mindboggling and I'm FA......:D
Oh for the days when my droner was chased throu TH screaming for his life.....:rolleyes:

pluto must of got lame if you were allowed to run away, most droners never get the chance.

but even though wouldnt you rather have some action.

once upon a time before i returned to the streets i was a merc, and i loved nothing more than fighting the raiding TG hordes on my doorstep.

edit noticed your on uranus

Britt Deluccia
27-12-03, 23:52
Ive been trying to have secuirty toned down. but so far to no avail. hell even phoenix want it toned down some.. typical KK over kill it again

Lexxuk
27-12-03, 23:53
Ohh, I remember you, I pk'd u in TH a bit ago with my PE :p

Britt Deluccia
27-12-03, 23:56
Yes most likly . when i was first setup the stats were wrong. and i was sat with 30 HLT and 115 END as a PE... kinda easy kill

Lexxuk
27-12-03, 23:59
nah, u were a bit tougher than 30 hlt :p took a bit for my PE to kill you, n the 2nd time, my gat rifle (which pwns). Anyhow, what exactly dya do in TH?

Darth Slayer
@ Ezza U think I'm going to take the mickey outta u and be on the same Server.....:lol:
@ LexxUk get yo skank drom loving ass back to Uranus and we'll see who pk's who.......:D ( oH u was talking to CYBOT )
Have to agree with BD tho the amount of turrets are overkill specially the ones planted on top of the GR's.
Maybe replace the turrets with patroling bots which at least can be avoided. Heh mind u Oath graciously weopon tested the bots a few weeks ago it was funneh........:lol:

bounty
I for one appreciate your enthusiasm for RP, and trust me there are tons of people on pluto that like and appreciate it, its just that the few people too interested in their popularity on a server(as funny and sad as that might be) are loud and tend to drown out all of those that like good RP. The fact that you play completely in character 24/7 is a great thing and i know you are always welcome in FA on pluto. And to those that critisize you, are the ones that don't understand how much more RP adds to this game. It is their fault for not being able to see.

Lexxuk
28-12-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Darth Slayer

@ LexxUk get yo skank drom loving ass back to Uranus and we'll see who pk's who.......:D

didnt u know dude? I left NC (accounts r still active, I just dont play anymore ;))

Britt Deluccia
28-12-03, 00:01
Well i want those at the GR leaving ( as i dont want enemy having it easy and just GRing in)

but remove all others from Tech Haven 2 & 3, leave TH1 secure. and defend the shop area of TH3. then its about right (leaving the command circle turrets as they are in th2 )

Darth Slayer
28-12-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Lexxuk
didnt u know dude? I left NC (accounts r still active, I just dont play anymore ;))

What no I did'nt, thought u was just playing on Saturn or Pluto.
You'll Be back they always come back......:D

Tickles
28-12-03, 00:08
Originally posted by Britt Deluccia
Well i want those at the GR leaving ( as i dont want enemy having it easy and just GRing in)

but remove all others from Tech Haven 2 & 3, leave TH1 secure. and defend the shop area of TH3. then its about right (leaving the command circle turrets as they are in th2 )

I remember raiding TH a few days ago, and u were there. I know i might have pked u, but i think wat ur doing is great. I dont normally pvp cause i'm pathetic at it, but i'm really bored at the mo. Roleplaying might be the answer :)

Britt Deluccia
28-12-03, 00:15
Ye at the time i wasnt able to use a gun so i just ran in trying to stop you with what i could use... my fist. .. heh part of who cybot is. he wont give up.

Jest
28-12-03, 01:10
Britt Ive always thought CYBOT was a good idea but how much use are you getting out of him now with the increased security? Is he still functional?

Britt Deluccia
28-12-03, 01:33
i still logon now and then. and still RP. try to fight CM clan who raid but im not allowed to leave app with anything less than -5 SL. so its a losing battle.

Rieper
28-12-03, 01:45
Cybot, i play J.Reaper on Uranus, my only problem with you is that you are pure RP... i didnt know you were a helper, or volunteer.. it just seemed to me you were a bit of a knobhead.. if you would at least occasionally acknowledge me in ooc... i said i saw you on pluto, and you said does not compute... im happy to RP, but it has to be setup, improvised roleplay when someone wants to chat ooc...thats relatively lame.

MayhemMike
28-12-03, 01:49
Haha, Your a good man Britt. You've also given me a few good laughs. :P

Britt Deluccia
28-12-03, 02:00
Mr Reaper

By the rules im now allowed to go OOC. therefore i could not reply to you. (and it wasnt you i was talking about)

Rieper
28-12-03, 02:05
strange rules, without knowing who you are, then i just felt you were another runner who was being deliberately stupid.

In the future, i will support you on Fac chat tho :) come back to uranus :D

CarniFlex
28-12-03, 02:39
IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN DUDE!

there is a function called muting channels... try it for a change. I was very suprised once the gm strike on saturn came and I was laughing so hard since these so called gm's couldnt just do what they supposed to do. Stand up for themselfs, kick or ban any abusive player that harasses them and leave it at that. And now I hear this Cybot fella refusing to work on uranus and saturn. Same shit all over again.

Gimme gm powers and let me be gm for a day and ill promise you ill clean up saturn very efficiently... It will be VERY quiet ... ON ALL CHANNELS....

/edit Ezza... only the ones I see are abusive, abnoxious and totally disgusting in harassment...

Oh yeah... Take a screenie of the ones abusing you cybot, give em to the gm's you know and let em ban those m-f for a period longer than 1 day at least.

/edit2. Vote CarniFlex for gm. Vote for harder rules regarding Harassment. Let those ******* ****** **** *** ***** and *********** **** **** ********* be put away for good. KK rules need to be harder regarding harassments.. especially when its involves volunteers like cybot and gm's.

ezza
28-12-03, 02:40
Originally posted by CarniFlex
IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN DUDE!

there is a function called muting channels... try it for a change. I was very suprised once the gm strike on saturn came and I was laughing so hard since these so called gm's couldnt just do what they supposed to do. Stand up for themselfs, kick or ban any abusive player that harasses them and leave it at that. And now I hear this Cybot fella refusing to work on uranus and saturn. Same shit all over again.

Gimme gm powers and let me be gm for a day and ill promise you ill clean up saturn very efficiently... It will be VERY quiet ... ON ALL CHANNELS.... hmm you gonna kick everyone then8|

Sealdude
28-12-03, 07:45
If you are ever in the need of a friendly cybernetic organism DM T-850. :)

Archeus
28-12-03, 09:58
CYBOT is a robot, this person just has a robot inferiority complex. :p

BTW... Tech Haven is far from secure. There have been a couple of people raiding and people PK'ed. It is no where near the level it was before the security system but it still happens. Not all from neutral/friendly faction runners either.

Before all the PK'ers get all glassy eyed and smiling, I have also found out how to make TH go crazy (in that you show up, your going to get turned into mush). Will work wonders against a large assault team. The only reason I haven't mentioned it to anyone yet (Angels included) is that amount of hostile faction runners who have the balls to come back to Tech Haven is tiny.

So CYBOT still has a function. All the turret system guarantees me is my belt has less chance of being hacked by the people who killed me.

Sick
28-12-03, 15:05
Well i and others on pluto in FA sure as hell know who you are.

on pluto it has encouraged more people to roleplay a little when he is about. The new turrets took the fun out of FA for me, and i left FA. i cant imagine how bored CYBOT must be if he cant leave TH.

and he has done nothing IMO to deserve getting insults spammed at him. if you die, and you cant handle it, just log off.

ty cybot

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 15:16
Hey CYBOT is cool, except when he tried to kill the AoH guys while they were paying out free loot to me that time, I almost killed him for it :p

LumLum
28-12-03, 15:18
Very cool C.Y.B.O.T. we need more dedicated ROLE-PLAYERS around not just idiots that run round pking people because they're bored..

If the GM's offered me such a job I would of course take it... *wink wink nudge nudge* :angel:

Trillian
28-12-03, 17:16
Cybot = Win

Sanch0s
28-12-03, 18:26
Cybot who did u kill to get -5sl?

REMUS
28-12-03, 19:08
Originally posted by Lexxuk

i wondered why you wernt at fight night yesterday :p im gonna go try and find you today cybot

EDIT: searched all of tech haven and i cant find him, this dude is either not on alot, or hes lieing o_O

Tickles
28-12-03, 21:56
Originally posted by REMUS
i wondered why you wernt at fight night yesterday :p im gonna go try and find you today cybot

EDIT: searched all of tech haven and i cant find him, this dude is either not on alot, or hes lieing o_O

Hes defo not lieing. Maybe he had les that -5 SL and culdn't leave appt.

Shadow Dancer
28-12-03, 22:28
Wow, this is so interesting. I thought it was just a regular player doing his own thing.

Very cool. Hang in there Cybot, I know that's easy for me to say. But I know what it's like to get constant abuse for trying to RP, it's one of the reasons I don't even attempt to RP anymore.

Cybot>u

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 01:51
Well right now. im on the verge of packing my bags. but im going to wait on BDOY. if that isnt a damn near perfect addon. im off i think.

petek480
29-12-03, 01:57
If you're having fun rping then why care what others say? I pk and get called far worst stuff then you but I don't care because i'm having fun pking.

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 02:05
The fact is i cant have fun RPing when i get abuse. that ontop of the new lack of things for CYBOT to do. and the constant bugs that he suffers ( FAR more than my priv ) its just all getting Irritating.

petek480
29-12-03, 02:07
Well I don't know what you can do about the abuse thing, but not having anything to do is the members of FA fault.

Rento Webex
29-12-03, 02:46
I've met Cybot many a time when I was THSC for a while and I spoke to him a few times with many replies such as... C.Y.B.O.T online.

Good on you dude, keep it up!!!

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 03:16
that ontop of the new lack of things for CYBOT to do. and the constant bugs that he suffers ( FAR more than my priv ) its just all getting Irritating.

Maybe your builder(snowcrash :p) can enhance your program so that you may perform raids on enemy bases? You know, add a infilrtration program or something.

Maybe make an event out of it, trying to get the pieces together to form the chip which will enhance your program. ;)

Btw, are their any bugs that only cyb0t suffers from?

Tratos
29-12-03, 03:20
hmmm.....that would be really cool, events based around Cybot....interesting....sounds V cool

keep up the good work dude, RP = teh win

~T

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 03:22
Well the fact is C.Y.B.O.T is supposed to be a powerful machine ( more powerful than a player ) so hes fully capped ( no over cap, or ppl would complain ) and he uses 120 stat weapons. ( which is why i can only carry one at once in QB) he has a near perfect setup ( limited PvP wise due to shitty machine and shitty skill )

The thing is. as hes so supported he wasnt allowed out of TH due to the fact hes a Defence. ( and trying to convince penz my boss otherwise... guna be hard )

Keiron
29-12-03, 03:30
Originally posted by Rieper
In the future, i will support you on Fac chat tho :) come back to uranus :D
While most of my PvP characters are no long in FA on Uranus, I'll be more then glad to help out as well.

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 03:43
Well the fact is C.Y.B.O.T is supposed to be a powerful machine ( more powerful than a player ) so hes fully capped ( no over cap, or ppl would complain ) and he uses 120 stat weapons. ( which is why i can only carry one at once in QB) he has a near perfect setup ( limited PvP wise due to shitty machine and shitty skill )

He's "supposed" to be a powerful machine, but his stats/skills/guns are no different than what normal players can achieve. So I think your boss should give you some leeway. ;) Upgrade your system so that you can have multiple tasks. Defense of TH, infiltration of enemy bases, etc...

Also, it would be cool if someone they could give you multiple safeslots, to simulate how a machine would have multiple weapons as a part of it's build.

^_^

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 03:48
Theres n way they will give me any of that stuff. becuase players would complain. it took some convincing to get them to allow GM spawned weapons

Theres no way i can be overcapped without some player saying its unfair.

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 03:49
Theres n way they will give me any of that stuff. becuase players would complain. it took some convincing to get them to allow GM spawned weapons

Theres no way i can be overcapped without some player saying its unfair.

Exactly. So if you don't have any "special" advantages other players can't get, then you shouldn't really be penalized by not being able to leave TH EVER!

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 04:11
I know just what snowcrash would say to that.

"You get a free account, that account belongs to reakktor not you. you follow our rules while on our account"

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 04:22
Oh it's free?

I didn't know that. :p

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 04:28
its an account like a gm account, just without any powers.

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 04:30
its an account like a gm account, just without any powers.

Very interesting. No wonder it has rules. Well, I think it would be cool if they did that for other stuff. More RP accounts. Unfortunatley you would get people trying to get in on it just for the freebee. But it would be cool to see more RP roles.

Their should be another version of CYBOT, but for tangent. Sort of like the alter ego or something. That would be cool.

*Initiating advanced defense sequence*

"I am a faster, stronger, more elite version of Cybot"

:p

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 04:35
well the rp team ( me ) is in testing if all goes well i hope to convince them to hire more. if i stay with nc that is

Tratos
29-12-03, 04:37
i would like to be a role play character myself. i've got a cool idea for somone to be. if only.....:(

~T

TheEnemy
29-12-03, 05:51
I roleplay a serial killer. Where's my free account? :D

KramerTheWeird
29-12-03, 08:37
I know how you feel. I had rp'd a bit and had a spouse, Lisa Davitt. A lot of people threatened and attacked us OOC, saying such things as lisa davitt is a guy and that he's gay for Kramer. When I first started rp'ing with Lisa I never asked since I knew the person was rp'ing so it doesn't matter. Just like your robot dude here, this type of OOC grief is a serious damper on any motivation you have for your role in this game.

Same thing happened when I tried RP'ing a city merc.. being neutral, being a paid merc, no one would accept that, KOS me, never pay for contracts, say I'm wasting my time, etc.

When people go out of their way to make an active role in this game, it just gets bashed down by the community.

gostly
29-12-03, 09:14
yea if someone has fun Rp'ing, why should others be bitches about it and greif them for it?...i hate this community so much sometimes

but anyways...ive never seen CYBOT...are you supposed to be like the terminator, but you can only go so far?...

just watched t3: rise of the machines like last week...lol :lol:

Archeus
29-12-03, 09:19
The fact is i cant have fun RPing when i get abuse. that ontop of the new lack of things for CYBOT to do. and the constant bugs that he suffers ( FAR more than my priv ) its just all getting Irritating.

First up. Abuse? Put the person on ignore. Seriously.

I just tended to put people on ignore for spamming and then remove them some time later, but with Julia (A female avatar) the list just keeps growing due to the number of idiots in the game who think female avatar = female person (and I don't even roleplay).

Put on ignore, that abuse goes away.

Lack of things to do? Easy enough for the Angels to help out there. Just have everyone do biz in Tech Haven. I had about 11 people total who came to TH for business. If all the angels did that instead of sitting in plaza I, Plaza II then more people would to tech haven.

Constant bugs? Well your not alone, its not something you can really whine about to the players. Not like they can do anything.

Personally I think it sounds like your burnt out. I'd shut down CYBOT For a couple of weeks rest if I was you.

garyu69
29-12-03, 10:39
I have a set of C.Y.B.O.T.S. Dog tags :)
From my days as a Tangent.

I'm still going to keep on trying to hack your system though :)

Original monk
29-12-03, 13:52
i wonna be a roleplaying bot on saturn: i dont care what people yell to me ya see :P, and to roleplay on saturn you gotta be really FLAME-resistant :) cause most people on saturn doesnt even know what roleplay means :) they know what K.O.S is yeah, and they know what L337 and n00b and fuxorz and WTF and STFU is yeah :P

But roleplaying ? thats even rarer then finding a full set of all mc5 chips, all kamichips, 3 psicorecomp's, a hull off devourer and 2 crescenttabs .... yust to say that its hard to find roleplayers on saturn: mostly its not more then: you fucking noob i will waste youre ass, i will f*cking kick yo ass and pump youre dirty face full of plasma :D you noob, wait till its 1on 1 you , you , you ...

LoL

So it will improve the roleplaying ability's when i play some kind of RP bot :)

Where do i ask to make a roleplaying bot ??

And if KK says : youre crazy monk you will never get a roleplaybot, then i think i gonna level one myself: maybe even with an LE in if it gets to rough :O , i still have a characterslot open :P altough i cant wear of them special BOT-looking suits ... maybe make em CA so i can wear the ncpd suit: no-one else is wearing it anyway :)

Good luck playing a bot, and i understand that ya dislike saturn cause there arent alot of roleplayers there, but if ya look real good ya can find em and ya cant reject a roleplaybot to those people yust cause 95% of the server doesnt even know what roleplay is :)

ya gotta do it for that other 5% left :)

-=z=-
29-12-03, 19:16
I understand why CYBOT can't leave the appt with -5 sl, can't risk losing the safeslot. But it must suck having to sit around the appt doing nothing.

How about having a FA event to repair CYBOT (raise sl)? Let the other roleplayers get in on the act and help out. Others may complain that it favors FA too much, but if the only reward was getting CYBOT out the appartment (where it could be hunted down again :D) why would this be too much?

And before anyone starts to complain that this is unfair to all the other people that can't raise sl in a special way - remember CYBOT is an account made specifically for roleplaying, not a regular character account.

Britt Deluccia
29-12-03, 19:50
Right, After some descussion with my boss it has been pointed out that i am no longer to make OOC posts on these forums. i will however be posting on the RP forums in RP aspect. As of now a huge support from players and several GMs/MODs has caused me to realise that i cannot leave neocron. I thankyou all for your suppport and i will be making an effort to appear on other servers. thankyou again for all the support.

BD