PDA

View Full Version : For I'm The Last And Only Eternal Noob In NC

Hell's Grannie
27-12-03, 21:56
I play this game since september 2002. I never fully capped any of my characters, I never took out my LE meaning that I also NEVER killed a co-player, I never joined a clan, I never fought in an OP-war, I even never capped my main stats. I'm a spy, level 34/45 <<<, at the moment which capped con and psi and has something like dex 63, int 60 and str 32. I even don't have the slightest idea how you cap strength on a spy ... but that's beside the point I'm trying to make. Anyway, so much for the introduction.

Today, I met a level 50/60 or something PK-er who was, once again, rather pissed about me wearing a LE. Two minutes before he had ganked 2 level-25 characters after which he came for me ... but obviously to no avail ... Asked why he PK-ed level-25 noobs he answered : "There are no noobs in Neocron". His answer got me thinking.

I think about myself as "The Grandma Of Neocron". I'm a 38 female with a very 'stressy' IT-management-job. Most of the people who shout at me in game probably could be my son or daughter I suppose, and think obviously that they can hurt me or show me their 'uber-something' by some act of 'bad-mouthing'. It only makes me smile ... and even makes me feel relaxed.

The only reasons why I play Neocron : I meet sometimes some very weird but interesting people AND nothing is more relaxing than blasting mindlessly away at Mobs after a day filled with staff-meetings, delayed deadlines and stubborn people in general.

Core point of this post : Am I the only noob left in this wonderfull game ? I'm sure I'm the eldest female in the game ... but am I also really the 'Last And Eternal Noob In Neocron' ?

Don't worry, you won't get rid of me ... in game.

To All : A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hell's Grannie

Cliffraiser
27-12-03, 22:04
cool post. :)

But seriously, its cool to see that some people still play this game differently, then most of us :)

msdong
27-12-03, 22:09
No you not, start on german retail no caped Char, no complete rare, no char more them 1.5 mio Credits.

\\Fényx//
27-12-03, 22:24
Nah ive met some proper genuine newbs, either that or it is someone extremely good at playing dumb about how the game works etc . . .

Spex
28-12-03, 00:04
The big question here is, do you care about having a "low" level character only? And I understand "n00b" as a player who doesn't know anything about the game which implies normally a low level player ... but it doesn't work the other way around :p

Cliffraiser
28-12-03, 03:10
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Nah ive met some proper genuine newbs, either that or it is someone extremely good at playing dumb about how the game works etc . . .

yeh but not after playing a year... :P

Sealdude
28-12-03, 07:40
I have never capped a character (probably due to the fact that I switch between like 5 of them) I have never used a rare and have only owned two, I have been in barely any op fights, and I cant find a good clan. Dont worry your not the only noob ;)

VetteroX
28-12-03, 08:52
not the only, but one of the few. I agree with the pker... I kill levels because 19/20 of them have a high level alt... and its my hope that they will bring that high level alt to seek revenge and die again... which often is what happens.

Spectra260
28-12-03, 09:50
ive had my tank since release of retail and still havnt capped con:rolleyes:

Vid Gamer
28-12-03, 10:03
Originally posted by Spectra260
ive had my tank since release of retail and still havnt capped con:rolleyes:

CarniFlex
28-12-03, 13:28
youre not the oldest female, but if i tell you who is older she's gonna kick my arse to kansas...

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-12-03, 15:42
your not the oldest chick playing nc ;)

38 can be sexy :D

TheEnemy
28-12-03, 15:54
I am not afraid to kill newbies. Aside from the alts thing:

- They will surely shoot me when they are higher up anyway.
- They will pretend to be non-agressors but will surely shoot me if backed up by higher level players, and when fighting higher level people I'd prefer not to have another person shooting me too even if they are low level.
- Kill the newbies in an area, and they will call the higher level players out to play (or their alts of course). Just like in real life, if you started shooting civilians then the police/military would come to kill you :)

I wish there was a way to make myself invisible to LE chip players. They are the scourge of Neocron. They get in the way of real player's shots, try and open trade with you, report your position to their non-LE'd allies, and hack your warbots. Well, I hack their warbots too, and they can do nothing about it. Serves them right for using stupid LE.

Hell's Grannie, I would be bored of this game if I played like you do, why not lead some exciting adventures? :)

shodanjr_gr
28-12-03, 15:57
Originally posted by VetteroX
not the only, but one of the few. I agree with the pker... I kill levels because 19/20 of them have a high level alt... and its my hope that they will bring that high level alt to seek revenge and die again... which often is what happens.

Yeah but what about that 1 noob that is a real noob??
You PK him , he gets frustrated and he leaves....

You really want this to happen?

Strych9
28-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Hell's Grannie, I would be bored of this game if I played like you do, why not lead some exciting adventures? :) Gee, good thing you are not her and you dont play the game like her, eh? :rolleyes:

That has always been, in every MMORPG on the planet, the big divide between the PvPer and the non-PvPer- the PvPer seldom can understand the mindset of the non-PvPer, and usually they dont care to.

I guess the fact that you are pissed about LE players is a good thing- helps balance out the fact that players get pissed off when they are PKd for no reason.

All is good in the world.