PDA

View Full Version : apu and ppu points

Rjn
27-12-03, 20:22
wen kk made apu and ppu work against each other why didnt thay make 1 apu make -1 ppu and so on i think this should be ammended and it will solve the problem of hybrids again since the kammi chips came out

CarniFlex
27-12-03, 20:24
well that would solve the problem once for all. thing is as a low level monk there is some benefit to being ableto heal yourself still when levelling up.

Al3X
27-12-03, 20:24
dude, who said hybrids are not possible? they never intended to destroy hybrids. right now i got an hybrid and believe me, if you dont have huge ammounts of cash and a mc5 chip its really hard to create one from scratch. the hybrid right now is like a private eye, they can got both attack and defence, but they can never be as good as pures.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 20:26
Nerf the hybrids!

J. Folsom
27-12-03, 20:26
KK did not do so because, despite what most people think* KK does want hybrids to be possible; they just shouldn't get the best of both. Besides, it's kami chips, how many of the PSI kami chips are in existence? Not that many, so I can't imagine it being a real problem. And if they really do want to get rid of the kami hybrids, it'd be far more easily solved by making the PSI kami give -100 PPU, which would easily make it worthless to anyone except an APU.

*That used to include myself, before my own words get turned against me by someone.

Judge
27-12-03, 20:54
I just wish that Kami chips were more widely available so that more people can become Hybrids if they want to.

Birkoff
27-12-03, 20:59
ffs some items are ... RARE.... Theres only like 6 true rare items or sommin. There should be more items like this in my opinion. If you want one save up the money or items and get enough for trade for one.

I totally disagree with the initial thread. Just because you don't like hybrids doesn't mean that you should destroy other peoples fun, some people have been hybrid for ever through thick and thin and don't play a hybrid because they want to pertentialy have a character that can kill any player. There is a lot of skill in being hybrid.

No Mistake is not hybrid or does he own a kami. I'd like to own one but i accept that there RARE.

Mighty Max
27-12-03, 21:00
This would i.e. render PSI Core useless

Al3X
27-12-03, 21:04
apu kami gives -200 energy and -100 piercing.. thats enough nerfing imo.. AND -15 int so you cant wear heavy belts
thats enough nerfed!

edit: AND HYBRIDS ARE THE HARDEST CLASS TO PLAY ANYWAYZ!

Tickles
27-12-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Rjn
wen kk made apu and ppu work against each other why didnt thay make 1 apu make -1 ppu and so on i think this should be ammended and it will solve the problem of hybrids again since the kammi chips came out

No soz. Do u want an APU DS and Psi Core and a PPU DS and PSi Core or something???

Morris
27-12-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Mighty Max
This would i.e. render PSI Core useless

No, because the -APU on the Defensive 1/2/3 and -PPU on Attack 1/2/3 will mean your opposite stat will still be 0, just as it is now.

KimmyG
27-12-03, 21:56
Did any off you everythink they want hybrids in the game.

Just as a weak in PPU and APU powers

Cyphor
27-12-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Birkoff
ffs some items are ... RARE.... Theres only like 6 true rare items or sommin. There should be more items like this in my opinion. If you want one save up the money or items and get enough for trade for one.

I disagree yes the game needs RARE items, but items that are needed just to be viable in a class shouldn't be extremely rare. Imo you cant make a class rare and un-achieveable, just items.

Mighty Max
27-12-03, 22:45
No, because the -APU on the Defensive 1/2/3 and -PPU on Attack 1/2/3 will mean your opposite stat will still be 0, just as it is now.

In this case the boni would come from the 3 other imps. And some pps have other imp coordination. In my case the PSI core would be useless, id rather put some much lower level imp in then.

(I have i.e. a LE in one of the 3 other slots)

Al3X
27-12-03, 22:56
why do you guys hate hybrids so much? they are already nerfed to hell and back, try to play one and you'll find out :rolleyes:

KimmyG
27-12-03, 23:17
Originally posted by Al3X
why do you guys hate hybrids so much? they are already nerfed to hell and back, try to play one and you'll find out :rolleyes:

Most haters here don't even play the game the just bitch about seriously. I have seen some of the anti-hybrids a month ago now trying to make a hybrid and are upset you need a DS or kami to do so.

SO they went for kill the hybrid to hybrids for all. Doesn't matter what KK does people are still gonna bitch about the game. One minute its nerf this now its unnerf that.

Al3X
27-12-03, 23:23
Originally posted by KimmyG
Most haters here don't even play the game the just bitch about seriously. I have seen some of the anti-hybrids a month ago now trying to make a hybrid and are upset you need a DS or kami to do so.

SO they went for kill the hybrid to hybrids for all. Doesn't matter what KK does people are still gonna bitch about the game. One minute its nerf this now its unnerf that.

and thats exactly what is pissing me off... the mentality of some community members is like "if you cant win from them, start whining that they need to be nerfed".
oh and like a great man (cant remember his name though) once said: "sometimes the majority only means all fools are on the same side"

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 23:27
I had a hybrid. I'm a shit player. Yet I stood a fair chance in most fights.

If someone who is, self-professed, absolute WANK at the game is able to win some fights just because of his class then that's wrong.

Al3X
27-12-03, 23:29
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

If someone who is, self-professed, absolute WANK at the game is able to win some fights just because of his class then that's wrong.

tried to play it WITHOUT apu kami and WITHOUT ds at MID-LVL (around 80 psi base) too? :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 23:30
That's a dumb argument. It's like asking someone to play a tank without drawing a weapon.

Al3X
27-12-03, 23:33
That's a dumb argument. It's like asking someone to play a tank without drawing a weapon.

you forget that not everyone is capped, not everyone has a mc5 chip, and not everyone has a apu kami chip

CarniFlex
28-12-03, 02:56
what? not everyone has 3 apu kami's in their cabinet? IM SHOCKED!!!

Scikar
28-12-03, 04:04
Despite the predictable response of "hybrids have been nerfed enough", I'm going to side with the hybrids here. Having 1 APU mean -1 to PPU is way over the top. Simply put, the non-kami hybrids are fine, the kami hybrids are possible a little overpowered. Solution is put a -PPU on the APU kami chip. There is certainly NO need whatsoever to do something like 1 APU = -1 PPU and completely obliterate the lot of them.

Shadow Dancer
28-12-03, 09:24
Before kami chip is nerfed, I think non kami hybrids should be "fixed". Yes despite what some hybrids say, I still think they are broken.

Birkoff
28-12-03, 10:51
Originally posted by Cyphor
I disagree yes the game needs RARE items, but items that are needed just to be viable in a class shouldn't be extremely rare. Imo you cant make a class rare and un-achieveable, just items.

Well your intitled to your own opinion but i don't see a problem. WoW to be the BEST off the class u need an item which is very rare... i don't see your point? YOu need a MC5 chip for most classes to be the best, maybe they are still possible to get new ones of but they are still rare, you want them to be shop bought or something? (that is probably very over the top but u can see where im going)

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Before kami chip is nerfed, I think non kami hybrids should be "fixed". Yes despite what some hybrids say, I still think they are broken.

Totally agree.

15% is more than likely perfect :)

Original monk
28-12-03, 11:10
rjn: what you talking about ? what problem ???

i seen hybrids yeah, i seen em around, but i still gotta meet the first one that doesnt die when i kiss it with my flamer, speedgatling or cursed soul :)

so leave em as they are yeah: or unnerf em a bit even :P

Candaman
28-12-03, 12:35
Hybrids are fun to play and ez to take down if u play it rite as the same with every char. That don't alter the fact that aslong as there is no ppu around to stick me into the ground with his INSANELY fucking sticky para i can beat anyone

L0KI
28-12-03, 13:30
Hybrids are not a problem. They are an abnormal class to play, they require DS and kami for most people (some do it without kami) - these imps are fuckin hard to obtain. I have them, and i have a hybrid. Yes, he is pretty powerful, takes a lot of dmg, but i feel less likely to die playing as my PE.

If you see a kami hybrid, use piercing on him, he wont last long if ur good at PvP, just dont let him stand still for a second to heal.

That about sums up the hybrid "problem" in my opinion.

Judge
28-12-03, 13:42
Originally posted by Birkoff
Well your intitled to your own opinion but i don't see a problem. WoW to be the BEST off the class u need an item which is very rare... i don't see your point? YOu need a MC5 chip for most classes to be the best, maybe they are still possible to get new ones of but they are still rare, you want them to be shop bought or something? (that is probably very over the top but u can see where im going)

What I don't see is why in a game that is based around PvP there is this need to have camped out a large area of the northern wastelands within a certain period of time, have an insanely large amount of cash/rares obtained by camping or have been lucky enough to get one at one of the strangely timed events to get an item to make you the best in PvP. That makes sence how?

Now if this chip was handed out to people who won certain specifically set up tournaments, a reward for PvP, then I think that it would make sense. People who are the best at PvP get the reward that they are able to make this class.

Scikar
29-12-03, 05:38
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Almost agree. But it needs to be "at the same time" or "after" kami is nerfed. Not before. ;)

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 07:58
Originally posted by Scikar
Almost agree. But it needs to be "at the same time" or "after" kami is nerfed. Not before. ;)

Of course!

Mr Friendly
29-12-03, 08:13
Originally posted by Rjn

2 words dude, screw you. quit tryin to fuckin nerfin us omg. go play another game if ur gunna bitch about a class u cant beat over & over & over

Mr Friendly
29-12-03, 08:15

& no, ive foguth against you @ FN, ur not all bad of a char, ur aim is quite good.......u just need that ego raised a bit ya downer :p

Originally posted by Scikar
Despite the predictable response of "hybrids have been nerfed enough", I'm going to side with the hybrids here. Having 1 APU mean -1 to PPU is way over the top. Simply put, the non-kami hybrids are fine, the kami hybrids are possible a little overpowered. Solution is put a -PPU on the APU kami chip. There is certainly NO need whatsoever to do something like 1 APU = -1 PPU and completely obliterate the lot of them.

if uve read what -=g0rt=- wrote, its simple......non kami hybrids are fine, & kami hybrids are flies.....deshelter or devuff or hell, just shoot a PE or speed gat at em & they drop. its the same as puttin nuthin into FIR & wearin all ENR armor & puttin most all into ENR.....ur definently gunna come out on top in ENR.....but ur taking a chance with fir......same here - hybrids take a chance with a defences & bein debuffed.

Mr Friendly
29-12-03, 08:19
bah, delete dis post plz

Shadow Dancer
29-12-03, 12:01
Kami hybrids are overpowered. Healing capability is too good, and they have strong offense.