PDA

View Full Version : More Random missions....

Judge
27-12-03, 17:33
Ok, there are epics and the citycomm based "missions" (:rolleyes:) but that pretty much sums it up for the amount of missions that are in the game... excluding Live Runs, which are a splendid idea imo, anyway.... the point is that I think there should be alot more NPCs dotted around the world that give out missions or specific quests out, and give cool rewards, depending on how hard the mission is.

For example, there might be a corrupt Tangent employee who a noobie finds.... the noob asks them for a bp of the next gun they need (say archer companion rifle) then the tangent employee asks them to go get a package of drugs from a BD dude in PP2. Then when he returns he gets the BP.

That would be a sort of very basic mission... later on ones might be as long as an epic but give you all the tech parts to a rare weapon, or something like that.

But the main thing is that these people shouldn't be announced where they are.... make it so that some are very hard to find... or that the NPC script says that the NPC will only give out the quest on the second friday of the month.... something like that. So that there is a bit of randomness added into the game, as atm leveling is so similar its irritating... go here, then go there, then finally go hunt Firemobs/WBs... then wahey you're capped.

Ideas for rewards:

New appartment, New clothes, BP of weapon of choice (TL depending on difficulty of misison), certain amount of rare parts, whole rare weapons, raise of sympathy with a certain faction, money (boring I know, but it shouold probably be in there :) ),

Now, I'm not thinking of like two dudes standing in plaza 1 handing out this shit... I'm thinking that all of the dudes with the high rewards would be out in the wastelands in the little used places atm... hopefully giving a new lease of life to various parts o the wasteland, and making it very hard to get the rare parts. Maybe have the NPC who has the quest for the CS down some mine... having to fight past various mobs and stuff to even get to him. Also some of the NPCs should have patrol patterns like the brand spanking new Copbots... so that they could be almost anywhere in a zone.... meaning that they will never be in the same place twice.

I want to accentuate the point that this is NOT meant to be easy to get a rare..... its just an idea so that when you are waking int he wastes and come to this random tramp dude, and talk to him... he gives you a quest, which you do and he gives you some tech parts.... then he walks off and you never see him in your NC career ever again.

Anyway, probably too early in the morning... err afternoon... to be writing coherantly, so I shall now finish... awaiting the viscious attacks of crazy neocampers scared (nnecessarily,I assure you) of a direct comfrontation to their way of life. Now if you will excuse me....

VictorKruger
27-12-03, 17:41
Great Ideas Judge, and very well thought out.

5 stars

Sealdude
27-12-03, 17:43
Sick! I was just thinking that there should be some more questing in this game. Certain runners could have noobie rares so that noobs have something to do.

Judge
27-12-03, 17:45
Yeah... like low level versions of those "mob dropped" weapons... the ones with quality 100% around.

Like at the end of the Aggie cellar is a four chev aggie which has a slower respawn rate than normal and drops a tl 25 gattlin pistol which has those special weapon stats.

Hope it made sense....