PDA

View Full Version : Make Titan/Viper vest helmet or pants.

VetteroX
27-12-03, 08:04
well, as it says, I think titan and viper king armors should be made into helmets or vest. same stats. pes/tanks shouldnt be deprived of their power armor to use these items, and titan and viper have gon way down in value since the release of pe pa, as very few want to wear them now.

Spectra260
27-12-03, 08:08
they are vests....arnt they?o_O

[TgR]KILLER
27-12-03, 08:26
yes thats what he meens.. they are vests but make it pants or helmets..

i always used a VKA but since PAs are out i aint anymore..

g0rt
27-12-03, 08:28
yeah i agree, and i think helm woudl be where its at....protect the head from those filthy poison/fire blasts

no point really in having these rare armors to aquire if you can't use them anyway with your PA setup...

VetteroX
27-12-03, 10:21
yeah it meant helmets or pants... gald most people understood.

naimex
27-12-03, 10:22
why ?

why would u want to make a semi rare turn into a full armor set ?

no offense.. but IMHO i think there will be a biotech power gauntlet of strength before there will come anything even close to a Titan Full Armor Set..

Jest
27-12-03, 10:32
Hmm dunno if thats a good idea or not. Sure Id like it for my setup, Im even wearing Titan armor myself instead of PE PA, but I think making Titan armor at least would make PEs more strong when they dont necessarily need it. VK armor on the other hand would be nice, because most PEs dont really spec for poison resist, and this would allow more balanced resist setups.

Psycho Killa
27-12-03, 10:39
Some more choices for poisin would be nice.

VetteroX
27-12-03, 11:10
seems a lot of people dont understand so ill explain again: Viper king/Titan would stop being vests, and they would become either pants OR helmets. in this way, for example, a tank could wear: viper king helmet, power armor, inquis pants, inquis boots, med energyfield belt. Get it?

Spectra260
27-12-03, 11:24
yea we get it...

its just a)

I think titan and viper king armors should be made into helmets or vest.

you say make it into a helmet or a vest, and it is already a vest..

and b) it would just make classes like PE's slightly over powered...

it adds more to a resist setup and everything, but in the end it just means even stronger to kill PE's and tanks...

Elric
27-12-03, 11:31
nice idea. BUT, maybe KK is thinking it would possibly overpower the classes who can use it. I'd sure as hell love to be able to properly balance a resist setup and that sort of change would make it infinitley easier for tanks and PE's to do so.
So where does that leave the Spies and Psi's? ( I realise they have the belts, but in a way if this was changed they'd really be entitled to ask for a change in that to make an energy belt a ring so they could wear both poison and energy belts at the same time)

I think the whole "best" con setups have to have theyre holes or flaws somewhere, it gives somewhat of an impression of balance (trying to think of it as the devs will be). Making this change would plug this flaw, which is not a bad thing, in fact I'd love it from a personal setup point of view, but KK may not see it that way.

Drake6k
27-12-03, 11:48
The armors are great already. You can still equip them when you fight fire mobs or poison caves... just not in pvp.

Cryotchekk
27-12-03, 11:53
also if there was some ppu nerfage the value would go up. im not calling for a ppu nerf coz i have a ppu alt, but i think that would be one way to make VK more valuable

L0KI
27-12-03, 12:03
NO WAY.

The last thing the PE needs is a defence boost, and i play a PE.

VetteroX
27-12-03, 12:44
well, that was true but poison seems to be comming in more and more... I'll be anything cause of all the posts poison melee weapons or a rail nail gun will come in, and thewn most pes will be dead in a couple hits. Today, I fooled around with making a pe with good pison resit... not great, just good. it cant be done. not if you wanna have decent body health and energy, xray, and fire resists. and if you say you can, you dont know what decent resists means (for example, taking at least 10 CS bursts)

Big deal if pes got a poison helmet... their fire or energy would go down slightly, so they could at least live through a little poison.... if poison melee weapons and a rare nailgun is put in which I bet anything they will be, every class will have poison weapons and pes/spies will will be in big trouble.

-=Bl@de=-
27-12-03, 13:29
yeh make the pes even more uber than they already are....

Shadow Dancer
27-12-03, 13:36
No pes already have more than enough defense. And apu poison sucks already. Although devourer does hurt alot against people with no poison resist, but that's the way it should be.

I really don't think PEs should have a balanced resist setup vs all types.

If anything, only tanks should be able to have that.

jernau
27-12-03, 14:22
Originally posted by L0KI
NO WAY.

The last thing the PE needs is a defence boost, and i play a PE.

What he said.

Will also help tanks too much as it will give them high poison resist way too easily.

KramerTheWeird
27-12-03, 14:30
A helmet with 41 fire resist???

we don't need any more defense, but maybe they could change PA's to not look ugly :)

-Demon-
27-12-03, 15:18
I always thought pes where meant to be middle of road sort of a char. So you are always going to be very torn between setups, equipment and weapons.

Not dissing Pes or anything just remember when picking up Nc for the first time and reading about pes being a jack of all trades, master of none sort of character.

Also looking at your last post vet you are basing this idea on the 'possiblity' of new weapons coming to kill PEs, these have imo not been stated by kk yet only by the community. You have to decide the balance and the setup given the sitaution.

There is also always the drug/potion solution to consider to counter poison effects. I just don't think because you want pe pa as well is a valid point.

My spy has no poison resist as well and I manage good in the swamp caves solo with a heavy poison belt even the yoda i got.

El Barto
27-12-03, 23:44
Personaly I think they should be constructed, like you get parts from the Viper King (maybe you will have to do multiple runs). Not like rare T, E and L parts but may be some thng like "Blood Viper King Skin," etc and you will need a few of these to get one made, different parts for the Vest, Pants, Helmet and Boots (no need for the belt). This wouldn't put more into the rare pool because the parts are only from the Blood Viper King and are not like the Es,Ts and L parts in other rares.

The constructors skill level shouldn't make a big difference on the armour, just maybe if there skill only jsut reached the requirement the condition won't be good. Maybe instead of having a constructor maming it you may need a recycler to recycle the organic parts into armour. Well thats just me probably, but there needs to be some other poison resist armour than just the vest and belt.

VetteroX
28-12-03, 00:07
shadow, the poison does nothing argument is stupid, and Im really tired of it. The reason I made this post is because 90% of the time my pking rampages are cut shourt when an apu arrives either with a ppu, or alone but snipes we with poioson. Ive tried to make a good poison rest but you cant. I wont give up my pa, its too benaficial. I cant give up med energy belt for poiosn belt, I cant make up so much energy in con. I tried different setups, and found I MUST use the med energy belt. so that leaves me with poison in con.... in my opinion the filter hearts are quite gimping, taking away health, giving no stamina, all points that have to be made up for.

Now, with no poison resist, pison beam does about 110-120, reasonable I guess for 0 resist. But the absolute highest I could get poison in con, without destroying body health, ath, energy, fire, and xray, was 50. and poison still did about 80-90. Theres too few options to resist against poison compaired to other elements.

I have all 4 chars, so I know what its like on all sides. I always use poison first on my apu, and I always see huge numbers comming off everyone....not some people, EVERYTONE. NO class has the ability to have good poison without gimping other resits.... the tank kinda can, but only with capped con, and making other resits a bit lower then he like.

Yes, I carry ap drugs, but its hard to carry all that shit.... I need my weapon, my shelter/def but buffs, my antishock, medkits, stamina booster, antipoison... I just cant hold all this in the QB. at max I can take 1 ap in my belt, and in a fast pased fight I may down 1 apu, not have time to put another in my belt, and then another poison spewing apu gets me.

Im not asking for pes to have 140 in every resist, cause I know thats unfair... but I dont think one non belt or vest item of poison armor is asking too much.

fatwreck
28-12-03, 00:50
maybe a VK belt with like 80 STR req on it. give tanks a belt that actually helps instead of... +1 in each resist or whatever that pos does

Jest
28-12-03, 01:07
Personally I think Titan armor should stay a chest, but I would like to see a complete set of VK armor, and perhaps even make it dex based so it would be a primarily spy used armor. (It was dex based in the start of retail after all).

hose187
28-12-03, 02:35
They should stay chests, although a skin for each would be nice.

And Vet, I think the devs want everyone but PPU's and tanks to have a weakness. You can work poison into your setup, you just don't want to. Making an easily used poison helmet is the same as nerfing poison (just like x-ray damage got proxy nerfed by the gamma bones). Everyone keeps shouting that PE's are tougher than tanks, but MY PE isn't tougher than MY tank, because I spec high poison on both of them (and by "high" I mean 70-100, which would be low for any other resist). More poison weapons are what we need to bring tanks and PE's back in line, defencively. It won't make a damn bit of difference to spies and APU's, they'll still die in 2 seconds flat.

Besides, if tanks and PE's could cap resists (or get very close) on their own, there'd be no room to grow. PPU boosters would be useless, and there would be no point to any new armor or con implants. Leave them as they are.

Xian
28-12-03, 02:57
Agree entirely with L0KI. PE's don't need this kind of defence boost at all. You should have to at least consider your situations and make some sort of choice before going into battle.

Psycho Killa
28-12-03, 03:13
It wouldnt be that much of a boost. Remember if you add a helmet or pants you still have to lose energy or fire resists (since of course you will have to lose a piece of duran or inqusition.. Its not like hes asking for added magical poisin resist without taking away from other ressits.

Hes just asking for more options to poisin then the belt and chest which arent availiable to everyone and arent even worth using for almost everyone compared to there counterparts.

g0rt
28-12-03, 03:14
Originally posted by fatwreck
maybe a VK belt with like 80 STR req on it. give tanks a belt that actually helps instead of... +1 in each resist or whatever that pos does

actually the medium energy belt is quite a nice little supliment to finish off resists :p

VetteroX
28-12-03, 06:19
yeah so many people dont think before answering.... like pk said, it gives more options, and if I wore vk helmet, then I lose my inquis helmet or durant helmet... get it? AGAIN im not saying make pes invonerable to all, but like 67 poison 30 base 37 from helmet isnt asking a whole lot....

KramerTheWeird
28-12-03, 06:21
..but you already have that option of compromise with VK vest or med poison belt. Do you want it an option for every set of armor to resist something? The flexibility of that would make it easier to get a stronger defense I think.