PDA

View Full Version : Copbot Rifles

2ply
27-12-03, 04:32
I'm gonna make this short and to the point. If we still have apus with their lack of los, why don't we still have copbot rifles?

The reason they removed them is because you could fire around corners with the rifles. But yet you can still do that with most apu spells.

It would be nice if they incorporated them into either a drop item or a rare gun(personally I'd prefer a drop, too many rare parts already, adding all the useless ones, it's just a pain in the ass to get...)

Granted it wouldn't have the damage of the actual copbot rifles, definately toned down some.

Discuss.

ezza
27-12-03, 05:13
i though they were removed cos they shouldnt of been avalible in the way that they had become with the BPs etc.

they were originally a GM prize from a event, so there would of only been a handful on the server so there wouldnt of been a problem

2ply
27-12-03, 05:15
yeah, but I mean, theres nothing wrong with them. it would just be a nice new toy imo...

but also make it not something *easy* to get. maybe make it drop off those mc5 gaurds that are in the alternate buildings in mc5(not the one with the comm) it could make those buildings alittle more useful, but they don't drop super easy... maybe one in 20 chance or so.

ezza
27-12-03, 05:16
i agree there, its nice to have some unusual weapons about

crazy idea that proberbly wont go down well with a number of factions, but why not make it avalible to city admin runners

Lucid Dream
27-12-03, 05:41
Or get rid of the toaster suit :lol: and give it as the CA epic reward.

ezza
27-12-03, 05:44
Originally posted by Lucid Dream
Or get rid of the toaster suit :lol: and give it as the CA epic reward.

well i ran into a CA runner who likes it so..........

i think should keep it, maybe change the colour, but let them get the cobot rifle from somesort of CA run

gostly
27-12-03, 08:57
6 no's, and no one explained why?...

must be the apu's saying 'we should be the only ones able to hit from above'...:rolleyes:

Carn
27-12-03, 09:16
Yea dude I think they should be able to drop from mobs... not another rare. Maybe Malfunc STORMBOTS, but wouldn't drop very often.

Original monk
27-12-03, 10:05
i will die for a copbotrifle, i offer ya my kidney or i be youre sexslave for the rest of the year, well next year then :P

i have one of them 0slotters that dropped :/ but they dont work :(

I want a copbotplasmarifle on saturn and i offer anything ya may need: contact me ingame
so yeah bring em in: they do sucky damage anyway, there yust extremely cool :P, also bring in proximity mines and a desert eagle: and also gimme a dildo of maven ... :P

naimex
27-12-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Carn
Yea dude I think they should be able to drop from mobs... not another rare. Maybe Malfunc STORMBOTS, but wouldn't drop very often.

why exactly malf storm units ??

they were once my favourite mobs to hunt...

gave a lot of rares each kill.. and another reason it shouldnt be them.... is simply.. that they already drop that other gun.. you know.. the S.T.O.R.M Laser ^^

anyways.. there are shitloads of MC5 security systems bots around the H14 Sector.. they can be killed.. not easily.. but easy enough to be soloed with tactics.. and they needs to be hacked...

so IMO they would be the best choice for the Copbot rifle if it was to return fully legal to the game.

Hecktor
27-12-03, 11:36
Agree.. CopBot Rifles should be lootable somewhere around MC5 and their stats and TL should be shifted to around FL .

Advantage for Sniper, PEs have Problems using them without Drugs ( although its not impossible ) , and it would be a nice add on for non monkeh combat.

( Perhaps 2 rifles, 1 as it is now for the very few rifle tanks, lootable as whole and one that needs to be build from extremely Rare MC5 Drop Parts )

steweygrrr
27-12-03, 13:01
Originally posted by Original monk
and a desert eagle

Its cheap, its nasty but its in there....the Tangent Wasteland Eagle. I know KK should be shot hard with a n00b apu spell for that. Anyway I started the game too late and missed this copbot rifle thing. Whats it all about?

shodanjr_gr
27-12-03, 13:08
Originally posted by Hecktor
Advantage for Sniper, PEs have Problems using them without Drugs ( although its not impossible ) , and it would be a nice add on for non monkeh combat.

PEs dont need drugs to use the COPOT Plasma rifle. Ive used my 4 slotter on pluto for quite some time!!!!

ezza
27-12-03, 15:53
i though it had similar reqs to the EPR?

Psyco Groupie
27-12-03, 16:55
a major problem with copbot rifles is that they cause some people to lose serious fps

and on the count that rifles should be LOS and spells come from the sky .. wotever the mc5 noobs think .. no.

LTA
27-12-03, 17:07
if they did become available then they should be some kinda of uper ca/fa epic reward for the Loyalist members. Give like some 1 week long epic and make it tagged as CA/FA only :p

L0KI
27-12-03, 17:09
give them a reticule and then my vote will be yes.

NC has enough point n click adventurers as it is.

-=Blasehase=-
27-12-03, 17:17
my opinion:

make more dropitems...

the apus got the flameavalance...

the tanks got the Judgement day launcher & the storm laser & the energy soulblade...

so make a dex 90 plasma rifle [with the shot animation from the copbot plasma but with a aimcircle] and a dex 90 plasma pistol as dropitems

the rifle can be dropped in MC5...

the pistol... hum... near regants legacy there where mutans with tech weapons.... so fix dark metal and make the endboss using a plasma pistol wich he drops :D

then make the original copbot plasma requirements so that only GMs can use it and give them the double of power like a CS... then all is allright ^^

BlackPrince
27-12-03, 17:28
Funny, its all monks saying No so far, whats the matter, yall don't wanna share top spot with Spies?

I say yes, bring them back in their original incarnation and let them be dropped from Mc5 guards.

Duder
27-12-03, 17:32
Copbot rifles suck, they are only there for copbots or for losing your fps and copbot rifles makes my sound temporarily disappear, i hate all spells and weapons that come from the sky and i secretly wish death upon all spells that shoots from the sky.

The Copbot rifles does less damage then an epr...so eh.

I like the idea of a dex 90 Plasma pistol, if it werent the fact that plasma pistols suck ass.

-=Blasehase=-
27-12-03, 18:00
Originally posted by Duder
Copbot rifles suck, they are only there for copbots or for losing your fps and copbot rifles makes my sound temporarily disappear, i hate all spells and weapons that come from the sky and i secretly wish death upon all spells that shoots from the sky.

The Copbot rifles does less damage then an epr...so eh.

I like the idea of a dex 90 Plasma pistol, if it werent the fact that plasma pistols suck ass.

hey... the laser cannons suxx too... so whats ur point?

Psyco Groupie
27-12-03, 18:53
laser cannons do not suck :)

Birkoff
27-12-03, 20:47
I thought they still were in the game.... at least....

nvm

Laser cannons ain't crap. Just don't use it like you would use a CS :)

shodanjr_gr
27-12-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
a major problem with copbot rifles is that they cause some people to lose serious fps

and on the count that rifles should be LOS and spells come from the sky .. wotever the mc5 noobs think .. no.

Yes indeed the copot rifle gives crap fps.

g0rt
27-12-03, 21:23
ya but they should be uberly rare

Xian
27-12-03, 21:29
They can be fired round corners.
The people being shot have barely any chance of fighting back properly as they can either hardly see, or have bugger all fps (normally a mix of both).
Also, they're copbot rifles... I'm guessing they would at least be extremely hard for someone to use.

Duder
27-12-03, 21:40
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
hey... the laser cannons suxx too... so whats ur point?

Whats your point for quoting me?

Your point has no point so its pointless which makes me believe that you must be mentally challanged to quote me for saying my point is pointless making your point even more pointless and worthless.

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS. POINT POINT POINT

Copbots rifles and Holy Lightning graphics makes your fps laggy.

They screw my sound over.

Having Plasma come from the sky isnt very logical, why do they even need a bulky gun to call the magic...eh psi of the plasma god?

Laser Cannons do not suck, ever heard of sniping people with STORM lasers?

WOW IMPOSSIBLE, PEOPLE SNIPING WITH LASER CANNONS?

LuCiD
28-12-03, 00:40
the copot rifle DOES have an aiming reticle, as far as i could test mine it was exactly like a epr without any ammo mods and it was los

2ply
28-12-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Xian
They can be fired round corners.
The people being shot have barely any chance of fighting back properly as they can either hardly see, or have bugger all fps (normally a mix of both).
Also, they're copbot rifles... I'm guessing they would at least be extremely hard for someone to use.

Can you say... An APU? :rolleyes:

shodanjr_gr
28-12-03, 02:37
Originally posted by LuCiD
the copot rifle DOES have an aiming reticle, as far as i could test mine it was exactly like a epr without any ammo mods and it was los

I dont recall my CPR demanding LOS when i was using it. Furthermore an CPR doesnt need an ammo mod since its ammo is already radioactive.

Xian
28-12-03, 02:42
Originally posted by 2ply
Can you say... An APU? :rolleyes:

No, actually I can't.

Since when does your fps go down to 1-3 when you're getting shot with a HL? Unless you have an absolutely awful computer, of course, in which case you'd have that in almost all fights.

You shoot an APU and unless they're very well buffed and have a PPU wedged so far up their backside he's coming out of the APU's ears, you're going to be able to kill an HL/any other beam APU pretty damn quickly. However, a spy or PE (not entirely sure a PE can use 'em, but I'm assuming so) has better defence in most situations and can stealth if they want to.

tomparadox
30-12-03, 09:34
i think it should go back in. soz it took me so long to reply 2ply was to tired to reply the night you made it and forgot about it by the next day Oo.

Original monk
30-12-03, 10:32
yust put it in again: im dieing for that rifle for about 1,5 year now lol (the time it has been out the game :P)

let it be dropped by copbots: let it do shitdamage like comparable with the epr, good enough fo me + let it have NO aiming reticule, yust like a poisonbeamspell (if ya change that it isnt a copbotrifle no more ya see :P)

give us back a reason to gank copbots like in beta4 :P

+ give us proximity mines: the one that do shitdamage :P so we can start making boobytraps fo noobies :P (nah it yust looks cool them mines :P)

we need loads more dropweapons, also for spy's and pe's :)

and maybe also: remote demo charges: can be detonated from a distance and do comparable damage as kamidrones :) very nice HC weapon :)

Or if ya wonna go more advanced: give us an artilleryturret 3 and a lasergun with that: you can place the artillery3 wherever you want and you can use the lasergun to hilight someone with an invisible laser : then the artilleryturret start shooting the person marked with the laser ... yust like ya cast a soulcluster and cast a second time on the person ya want it to be attacked ..
ya yust mark a person and youre deployable turret will attack em :)

or sumthing like that :P (go play fire-arms, a half-life mod) so ya can see some mortir-action :)