PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG's are for GEEKS!

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 04:00
Whilst playing cs in my usual way, somehow it came up from people, in between the usual haxx confrontations, that MMORPG's are for geeks?

I was just wondering why is it considered that those who play MMORPGS are geeks, i asked them why it is geeks who play MMORPGS but no one could find an answer and the game progressed with some more owngae and haxx accusations.

But maybe that is why mmorpgs dont get overly populated in comparison to games like cs, or could it be other reasons?
I suppose money comes into play but yeah, ur all GEEKS muahahahhaahhhar geeks!

joran420
27-12-03, 04:01
Im a Geek ! :)

Style
27-12-03, 04:05
they chat air, talk behind our backs, to our face they say nutin. check out the traienr they the airforceones, they shud be serious cuz they wun last n hour in our shoes, trainer by da truck load trainer by da ton! lol

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 04:06
LOL the chipmonks hitting a pipe :cool:

g0rt
27-12-03, 04:15
translation: mmorpg's are for people without ADD

just some stupid kids probably trying to sound big and cool

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 04:27
http://raditts.com/phyles/ogre-battle.large.mpeg

Like thats me in the yellow cape i eventually got killed due to them damm lightening bolts
:mad:

Like only cool ppl play that game, i cant be a geek surely?
But mmorpgs yeah geeeeeeeks!

Cruzbroker
27-12-03, 04:40
mmorpg and rpg has more life than anything computer has to do with..

those who play games like cs, quake, bf1942.. (me) are geeks, there's nothing to achieve and not much about to chat. It's the same, all the time.

kids...(me, well 17) :lol:

Tazo
27-12-03, 04:50
MMORPG's are for geeks
but CS is for sophisticated intelligent people with lots of friends and a balanced social life? o_O

Xian
27-12-03, 04:58
Tazo has it down, but some people who play CS are midly intelligent and have some form of life. :angel:

Thank god we don't have NC full of CS 'kiddies' though - there would be a million more exploit threads (or just the 2 more needed to fill the rest of the front page :p).

Style
27-12-03, 06:24
da way i look at it yea, you get dese people who judg other people online, and call em geeks just beca they playing an online game. but they are lost in a little world of their own, they the type who probally ashamed to tell their friends they play games online or dont have ne. but these people are da ones at the end of da day who would not say half the shit they say to others online. speak to others how you would when talking to people off the computer, otherwise u just a straight up punk. someone called me a geek to my face cuz i said i play games online they get a smack. but thats just the way i think, so all i think it is people like dat are jus pussys, who flame bait people knowin they get away wiv it. if they so tough and not geek, they shud try put their street image on and go out do it on the street and they get beats.

Drake6k
27-12-03, 06:38
Geeks are the people that spend 900 hours in FFXI to get to level 20. It's boring and no one cares if you do it. Neocron isnt geeky demmit. I can cap in three days and then its just a shooter :cool:

CS is cool right? (4 years ago :rolleyes:)

Sealdude
27-12-03, 06:44
CS is cool right? (4 years ago )

Dont get me started! CS whole problem was that it went retail and all the little kiddies who have no idea what mods or HL is got it and then they brought the H4X. :(

Drake6k
27-12-03, 06:57
Originally posted by Sealdude
Dont get me started! CS whole problem was that it went retail and all the little kiddies who have no idea what mods or HL is got it and then they brought the H4X. :(

If the neocron community had the h4x power behind it that CS does I bet it would be hella easy to make wall h4x, big models, invisibility, exc

Mattimeo
27-12-03, 07:15
There was a time when ALL gamers were geeks. Back when the jocks had their homo-erotic fun times in the showers, and the preps had their cars mommy and daddy gave them. Us geeks had our games to escape in. I'm happily a geek (please don't let my NG squad read that) and wish you other people would get off my games and stop ruining them!

what was the point again...? oh yeah! If you have the amount of time, patience and strength of butt it takes to sit an play an MMO, then you might be a geek. go geeks! *tries to cheer, falls of chair, glasses break, fixes them with scotch tape and wheezes off to find his breather thing*

KimmyG
27-12-03, 07:27
Sounds like some CS kiddy admins that ban good players for head cappin there nib asses talking like there cool.

Why less populated maybe cause every other person cant get OGC for it, maybe cause it cost 9.99 a month and maybe you cant ban someone for beating you.

gostly
27-12-03, 08:55
every game of CS i ever played, their were always 10-13 year olds, you could tell cuz half the time they used the mic so their voices were still cracking...

basically they dont know much...and everyone in CS is either a h4x0r or a n00b (2 most constant things talked about in CS)...so i dont play it...:lol:

g0rt
27-12-03, 09:42
Originally posted by gostly
every game of CS i ever played, their were always 10-13 year olds, you could tell cuz half the time they used the mic so their voices were still cracking...

basically they dont know much...and everyone in CS is either a h4x0r or a n00b (2 most constant things talked about in CS)...so i dont play it...:lol:

Ya the vast majority of the CS community is a bunch of kids. I mean, people grow out of it...I know I did....and im one immature SOB.

[SP]Ostrich
27-12-03, 09:53
I still play CS (ranked 4 at net cafe, they're REALLY bad), the people there are either geeks, or greeks (only a slight exaggeration). Judging from the RL pictures, most of the people don't actually look as geeky as most of the CS players... but whatever.

^^Self proffessed geek

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 13:19
Yes, i know its not true all about geekiness lol. Mmorpgs make us no more 'geeky' than any other computer gamers.
I hear u style on them talking it on games but not doing it irl.

But u gotta admit the link lol, that is pretty geeky or was it just me who found that funny ?
The guy throwing the lightning bolts is like 4ft and about 35, ahahahahahha and the yellow caped man looks about 7ft tall lol. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh lightning bolt!

Magnazan
27-12-03, 13:34
I think the thing about MMORPGs and this is something i first thought is that yes it was for geeks/nerds. The reason behind that is because i really couldn't see why people would go round saying 'hello' 'would you like to go and get some food' etc. However fortunatly (Or unfortunatly depending on how you look at it) NC is very PVP orientated so you don't have to worry about RP as much. One think i have noticed of recent though and that is it is becoming very CS like, certainly with the amount of 'nube' this and 'nib' that. Is there a cap on the ignore list? I hope not.

FuzzyDuck
27-12-03, 17:26
/set_geek 1

Beanie McChimp
27-12-03, 19:46
Well playing fps's is a quick testosterone fix.(still they rule)

I'm not a geek. The geeks ar epeople who sit in the school library all lunch and break.Funny story some geek on a computer said to us get out and my mate pressed ctrl+alt+delete and it restarted the computer and he lost his work lmao:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw I play c-s and I find it fun especially when I own.

Beanie McChimp
27-12-03, 19:52
Originally posted by Sanch0s
http://raditts.com/phyles/ogre-battle.large.mpeg

Like thats me in the yellow cape i eventually got killed due to them damm lightening bolts
:mad:

Like only cool ppl play that game, i cant be a geek surely?
But mmorpgs yeah geeeeeeeks!

What on gods green earth is that.Sorry but I couldn't stop laughing at that is it a comedy movie or real.(if its real im so sorry)

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 19:59
Rofl its for real!!!!!!!!!!
I think its D&D or Everquest but theyre playing it IRL.

The funniest thing is the man screaming "lightning bolt" and then a boy screaming "sleep".

Ahahahah ive laughed at their expense so many times.

KimmyG
27-12-03, 20:01
NO matter how many times I see that i always makes me laugh my ass off.

Beanie McChimp
27-12-03, 20:49
Lightening Lightening and throws rocks o_O riiiiiiiiiiiight. What a bunch of retards.

LTA
27-12-03, 22:20
Originally posted by Drake6k
Geeks are the people that spend 900 hours in FFXI to get to level 20. It's boring and no one cares if you do it. Neocron isnt geeky demmit. I can cap in three days and then its just a shooter :cool:

CS is cool right? (4 years ago :rolleyes:)

I wouldn't even say there geeks, i mean you buy ff sp you have to spend a while leveling it's the way that genre forces you to play.

I think geeks are the people who always think the gameworld is the real world, they open there curtains look outside and belive there in some otherworld.
They are unable to split the two.

then again i can't say really honestly what a geek is lol... i think it's just one of those stupid things that's outlived it's time, something they used to call gamers because we enjoyed playing games competitively with other people (onoz h4x using teh intraweb).
People saw comps as a very complicated thing so instead of learning themseleves they continued with their lives and called anyone who touched them geeks......

El Barto
27-12-03, 23:46
Arn't Geeks smart, cos then we can't be geeks :D Or wsa that Nerds? :wtf:

Beanie McChimp
27-12-03, 23:51
Whats wrong with taking ages to level, just coz you can't power level dont mean a game is shit

Beanie McChimp
27-12-03, 23:52
Originally posted by gostly

1. I don't use my mic
2. I never use hacks because they are for people who are sad and suck cock.
3. I'm not a noob.

Clownst0pper
28-12-03, 02:04
My name is Lewis

I am a recovering CS addict

I havn't touched it for 2 years.

*claps all round*

CS is old news, I was playing that game before it was even popular and h4x didnt exist to the point they do now.

MMORPG's Geeky? Sure. 99% of the time it is because of the statistical side of it, and the rediculous names.

Power armours, rares, resists, con, nib, noob, l337, all this jargon is just associated with single, spotty, obese men who have little social skills and have never kissed a girl.

And i bet you 50quid theres a good hand full or 10 in neocrons community. Just look at IRL pics thread!

Other than that im none of the above and am a Closet Gamer but I will talk about that at my next councilling sessions :angel:

Beanie McChimp
28-12-03, 02:42
So i'm a geek because I enjoy the stats side of mmorpg's or rpg's well glad thats sorted. When I started playing c-s (not very long ago bout just over a year) I considered it not very popular as like 6 people excluding me new what it was.

Xian
28-12-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

CS is old news, I was playing that game before it was even popular and h4x didnt exist to the point they do now.

Percentage counts say there are less cheaters in CS now than ever - it's only because the community has become so swelled that there seem to be more. In the Beta's there were a stupid amount of cheaters almost right from the start.

There are quite a few people I know who play NC and had been playing/are still playing CS for a very long time. In no way are they little kiddies. However, I do see where people are coming from in terms of the complete idiots that play CS, but not every single person is like that. O_o

Scikar
29-12-03, 05:47
Lots of geeks play CS, lots of geeks play MMORPGs.

Lots of people who play CS are not geeks, and lots of people who play MMORPGs are not geeks.

Just because someone plays either CS or MMORPGs, does not make them a 12 year old kid with glasses, spots, translucent skin, greasy hair and a voice which makes you cringe. At the same time, no game can increase the size of your penis.

[SP]Ostrich
29-12-03, 20:49
Originally posted by Scikar
Lots of geeks play CS, lots of geeks play MMORPGs.

Lots of people who play CS are not geeks, and lots of people who play MMORPGs are not geeks.

Just because someone plays either CS or MMORPGs, does not make them a 12 year old kid with glasses, spots, translucent skin, greasy hair and a voice which makes you cringe.

the last part describes me... :(

Possessed
29-12-03, 21:42
You should take it as a complement... everyone knows that geeks are the next step in the evolutionary process... ph33r our superior brain power;)

Flea
29-12-03, 22:09
Originally posted by g0rt
translation: mmorpg's are for people without ADD

;) Thats right, Just because you don't immediatly begin fragging when you first log on, (for most of us anyway =D) doesn't mean its for geeks.

[SP]Ostrich
29-12-03, 22:46
i play nc, and i take add pills o.O

gostly
29-12-03, 23:57
1. I don't use my mic
2. I never use hacks because they are for people who are sad and suck cock.
3. I'm not a noob.

1. ok?...i said half of the time
2. and 3. i said that becuz the 2 most constant things said in CS are "you're wall hacking/cheating somehow" if you have a high score...and if you have a low score..."you're a n00b"...i cant stand playing CS cuz of the people on the servers...

both of my brothers play CS...one is 13 and the other is 16(he has ADD)...lol...i tryed bringing my 16 year old brother in neocron, he couldnt stop moving, and he was running around calling people faggets...he loves to talk shit...i think that's the main reason he plays cs...he's got a comment for everything, after he dies he calls people hackers, if he kills someone, he calls them a n00b...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: